main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

For those who like Star Trek, what is your fav series?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Jun 13, 2001.

?

For those who like Star Trek, what is your fav series?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Star Trek

15.4%
  2. Star Trek: The Next Generation

47.5%
  3. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

19.1%
  4. Star Trek: Voyager

12.7%
  5. Enterprise

5.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    The Dominion War made DS9 interesting. If they hadn't done that,I'd have gone with Voyager.

2. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Ack, DS9 is beating TOS?? The craziness...

Okay, so from reading this thread it seems clear that I'm the only one out there who didn't like the Dominion War. Anyway, I actually liked Voyager the best, for the most part. TOS was too comical, TNG had the weird 80's PC feel to it, DS9 was too soap opera-ish, and Enterprise would be a much better show if it didn't have the Star Trek name on it, all IMO of course. Voyager had a lot of problems, obviously. But the good outweighs the bad for me, in most seasons at least.

3. Maxadamian

Maxadamian Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    I liked NextGen but Voyager was the better series I think

4. _JainaSolo-

_JainaSolo- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    1. Enterprise and TNG
    2.Voyager
    3.TOS

i don't like DS9 it drove me crazy. But i can't help but like Trip on enterprise

5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    TNG by far. The other series are interesting and Enterprise has much potential, but it will take quite a bit to beat TNG. The Magnificent Seven had a special chemistry that none of the other ST series has yet to duplicate.

6. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    TNG by far. Voyager was good, DS9 was god-awful, and I never really liked the TOS. I have never seen Enterprise since I don't get that channel.

7. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    I don't love Star Trek but I like the first movies with spok, the newest ones, but TNG the best. I dont like the others

8. Lahne_Pryok

Lahne_Pryok Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    ST:TNG all the way!!

That was definatly the best series. DS9 was good, until that Sisko was a god thing.

9. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    1) DS9 - Best characters, best storyline, best single episode (In the Pale Moonlight) of any series, IMHO. Hands down. the only downsides here are that they never figured out what to do with Worf and they turned Dukat into a cartoon at the end.

2) Enterprise - still really early going, and a little rocky, but i like the approach. i like that they don't know anything about anything and the fact that they seem to be a bit less puritanical than TNG

3) TNG and TOS (tie) - i love Worf and Picard and Guinan, and i'm reasonably fond of Riker, Data, and Dr. Pulaski, but the rest of the crew can pretty much get blasted out the nearest airlock. the series is just so ... Martha Stewart in Space sometimes. everything is neat and tidy and fits into hour-shaped boxes and Starfleet is always right. it kills the show, which allows TOS to catch up on the strength of Spock and McCoy despite cheezy storylines and such.

417) VOYAGER - Voyager took everything good about Star Trek (i.e. the Star Trek setting) and ignored it. that might have been OK, but they just blew so many opportunities to make the story unique and compelling (e.g. the whole Starfleet/Maquis conflict, the Borg, the fact that they have limited resources and such) and were saddled with the lamest crew and most irritating Captain out of all the series (i mean, come on: Neelix? and his annoying little elf girlfriend) that it just came off like really, really bad TNG most of the time.

surprisingly, though, two Voyager episodes are among my favorite ST episodes overall - diamonds in the rough, as it were: Timeless and Death Wish (which is the second best Q episode after Q Who?)

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I had a hard time deciding between TNG and DS9, but I finally picked TNG. TNG had the characters I empathized with most and the most interesting and thought-provoking storylines. There are many TNG episodes I can watch over and over because there's just so much content in them it's impossible to catch it all the first time through. I also liked the theological tie-ins of DS9 and the darker feel of the series that showed that humanity's promised perfect future wasn't going to come without a price.

11. Blix

Blix Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    TNG. Deanna and her mother are my women! :)

12. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I voted the origional but I like TNG too. I am not a huge fan by any means but i do like watching shows occassinally and I've seen almost all the movies. And i will definitely go see Nemesis when it comes out!

13. queenonna

queenonna Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2002
    Next Gen

14. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    1st. DS9
    2nd. Nex Gen
    Last. voyager

15. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    this thread disturbs me.

16. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    First: DS9

Great characters, great storylines and after the third season all action packed and all the Worf you can ever want. What more can you ask for. The DS9 characters are the only characters I miss.

Second: Enterprise

I love the character interactions, I love the ship and I love the fact that for the first time in ST history, our heroes are not the baddest mofos in the Galaxy.

Third: TNG

I love Picard. 'Nuff said.

Fourth: TOS

It is therapy for me to sit down and watch Spock and Bones go at it.

I'm not even include Voyager in the list because I think it should be erased from the continuity. The series had promise at the beginning but destroyed itself with horrible plots, bad characterization and a Captain who just didn't cut it. After I got bored with the series, the few times I watched I kept wishing that Janeway would get killed and Chakotay would assume command.

A whining Starfleet captain! Come on!

Janeway just can't cut it when standing with such amazing ST commanding officers like Picard, Sisko, Archer, Rachel Garret, Kirk, Spock and even Beverly Crusher in "All Good Things. . ."

And besides that, no other series has damaged ST continuity more that VOY. Fer instance, Roddenberry said explicitly "Warp 10 CANNOT be reached. . ." and the genius writers of Voyager just go and do that.

And don't get me started on that last episode! It was horrible and laughable. Full of horrible plot holes and just plain silly. If Janeway can travel through time, why doesn't she just go to the beginning and stop Voyager from ever being stranded hence saving half of her crew's life!

It is even worse than the last hour of the DS9 finale (and that, my friends, is a huge insult! The only truly good finale is "All Good Things. . .")

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    TNG rules them all! :D

18. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    last one i watched was TNG..

19. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I'm not really a Star Trek fan but I have seen episodes from them all and The Next Generation is the best.

20. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine had the best writing and cast in my opinion.

21. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Next Generation

22. JacenHornSolo

JacenHornSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2002
    The original series is the only series I like.

23. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    TNG: Jean Luc Picard

Enough said.

Guess I should check out Enterprise.... My mom loves it.... and Scott Bakula [face_love]

Edit: Just checked, I don't get UPN! I pay $$$ for digital cable and I don't get it!!! AOLTW sucks! :mad:

24. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    Star Trek then Star Trek voyager :D but I voted for Star Trek :D

25. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Star Trek: The Next Generation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.