main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Forbidden Love -- Qui-Gon/Tahl Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by qui-gon_and_tahl, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniLaminara

AniLaminara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2008
    Yeah, I know. It's tough, 'cause I want to update soooo badly, but I have no ideas 'cept for my Battle of Geonosis which I'm working on, and the hybrid kid series I'm working on, so I'm not updating, which is driviing me crazy. :mad:
    Mesa angry at meself!

- Ani -

Look! I can fly! (looks down) Uh-oh (crashes into roof, flock of birds, car , several light posts, the street, and random people). Sorry!

2. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007

I agree - I have so many unfinished fanfics, both on here and on other fanfiction websites. I just lose interest - I want to finish, but then I get this new awesome idea and I'm like "I have to write it down!" But then I eventually lose interest in that one, too.

- Serena

3. Tahl_Jinn

Tahl_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    well... i totally hate this xD, and as said, i just started posting one, because the leck of qui/tahl fics...
    does anyone know a qui/tahl fic that's definitly worth reading??

4. micky-nikki

micky-nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2005
    An excellent way to find fics with specific characters is to use lazy's Broken Link Machine, from the awards. Teh Broken Link Machine

You can just uncheck the "break" box, dial it in for the Before board, then put "Tahl" in the search box, and away you go. :)

5. AniLaminara

Sep 15, 2008
    Thanks! I found several good ones!

6. Tahl_Jinn

Tahl_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    just join AniLaminara! Great Link :D

7. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    *Grins* Agreed.

It really is hard to keep things going because you have this plot bunny, you write part of it, and then your muse takes a 'little' snack break that lasts four months, and you're going crazy because you can't find your plot bunny anymore because it's gone back to it's 'plot bunny homeland'. *Sigh* they're like messengers from another land.. Actually, they're like bad houseguests. They are nosy, provoke you to do random things just to show off (such as write a fanfic you can't finish), and then they disappear the next week back to their bunny-home-burrow-thing! *Ugh*

-Miks (Freaky eye twitch)

I'll catch that bunny yet! :)

8. AniLaminara

Sep 15, 2008
    I agree with MAster and everyone else on this subject. It's like, you have a great story, and you think of it, but then something comes up and you do it. Then you try to remember it, and it's gone...until next week.

So annoying! :rolleyes:

-Ani-

Good luck on catching that bunny! Can I help you?

9. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    *Nods and agrees with Paddy*

Yeah, I know.. It's really annoying, because all my plot bunnys come to me when I'm busy doing something important, such as practicing for a recital, for eating dinner (it's a rule of my mum's that you must stay at the table until you're done eating) or I'm on lifeguard duty or teaching a violin lesson, or in class or doing homework or studying for a quiz or..

Oh yeah. My goal of the month was not to digress. *sighs* I guess I just broke it. Here we go again... Well, you get my point, right?

-M

10. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
  11. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    *A-hem* We seem to need an update..

New topic, just to keep the convo going.

-M
    Sure, Paddy! Why not! It's currently hopping around my backyard, eating whatever toxic and potentially biohazardous plants I've actually managed to grow. I've tried tulips, roses.. They all seem to *sob* die. I stink at gardening. Only thing I can grow is the plant that I make my oboe reeds out of. Whoopee. At least it's put to good use. Now, then.. What was I saying?

Right. New topic. Erm.. erm.. erm..

If Tahl had lived, how would she and Qui have been able to keep their relationship secret? I mean, it's pretty hard to keep anything secret when you live with a bunch of Force-adepts all in the same building.. Especially grandmasters. *twitch*

-M

12. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    That's a good question - with Anakin, he could get away from the Temple with Padme, but with Tahl and Qui-Gon, they both live at the Temple, so it would be harder. That's gonna present a problem in my story, that's for sure.

I just got Secrets of the Jedi, thinking that it would be full of Qui/Tahl. But there was only a brief mention... grrr. But it did have some nice Siri/Obi. Oh, well. Looks like I'll have to continue to think of Tahl in my own way.

13. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Yeah, Secrets of the Jedi was a really, really.. vague book to me. I mean, it didn't really deliver much of a meaning or emphasis. Sure, it was.. interesting, but SiriWan isn't one of my fav pairings, so I wasn't too interested. [face_not_talking] I remain loyal to Lumiwan :D. What also bugged me a LOT was that they had pics of Qui, Obi, Anakin, Siri, Padme on the cover.. But! No Tahl! *GRRRRs louder than Serena* I also thought it would have Qui/Tahl in it, but not so! Only a mention. *sighs dramatically*

Yes, it's definitely going to make it harder. I suppose she's only a minor character, that's why the author didn't think too much of her. Did you know that she was only supposed to appear as Qui's rescue mission int he first book, and that was it? *gasps in horror* Despicable! *Bugs Bunny* :p

-Mikki Tashahashi (now, how do you pronounce that? :eek: Tash-a-haosh-shee) WHEE!! *drops* Needa get more sleep. And coffee. And sugar. And breaks from Yoda's Ballet.

14. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    It was vague. I didn't really like it, either. It was also a little young for me, but I got it for the Tahl/Qui-Gon. Waste of money, I think.

And I know!! What was with the no Tahl on the cover??? It was so not fair! I finally settled on Halle Berry with cool eyes. I actually photoshopped a pic of her. If you want, I could put it online.

I think that someone needs to write a Tahl/Qui-Gon book to completely reveal their characters and their relationship. Author smauthor. *GRRRRRRRRRRRRS louder than Mikki* :D I'd like to see someone expand on this.

I'd take an extra long break from Yoda's Ballet if I were you. [face_laugh];) The thought of Yoda and Ballet together is just... disturbing. [face_laugh]

15. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    I like the Hale Berry-with-cool-eyes idea! And the hair? Do they ever say something about the length of her hair?

You know, it's strange that they ignore Qui/Tahl, but not Obi/Siri when the Qui/Tahl was rather important in the JA, at least as important as Obi/Siri I'd think. The whole impact of her death on Qui-Gon isn't nothing after all :(

16. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    [image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/Tahl.jpg]

Here's Halle with Tahl eyes. And no, I don't think they ever said anything about her hair length, but I picture it pretty long.

I know! What's with that? I'd love to see more Qui/Tahl, but Lucas has decided to ignore it. Grrrr....

17. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    I really, really disliked it. It was just.. I was like, What in the Force!? Where's Tahl?! *throws book into fish tank* *fishies hide* :D

In the old Qui/Tahl thread (look it up on search if you wanna find it), they had, I think, four pictures that one of the users put together of Tahl/Qui. They used Claudia Black as the model. Halle Berry seems more like young Tahl, and Claudia Black more like Tahl when she's older. The pictures are really good, quite realistic. :) I have them loaded on my Sony PRS-500 *blushes*

*GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS louder than Serena (BUAHAHA!!) [face_laugh] [face_devil] * Yah. Author, smauthor.

*Hisses like her kitty*

*Author backs away*

*Mikki pounces, foaming at mouth* LOL!

Yoda and Ballet? Not pretty. Ever since he found out I have a really big backyard, and a small house, he's been using his power as 'Supreme GrandMaster of the Jedi' to make me let him set up his show there. *shudders* Every night, I hear him trying to sing tunes from 'Swan Lake' and 'Anastatia' and other classics.. He was too cheap to buy a stereo.. Said it was an outrage that he had to pay. *groans* He won't leave... Save me!!! It is quite disturbing.. It's a wonder I'm not more insane.. *slavers incessantly*

-Mikki

18. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Oh, yes, Berry would make a great Tahl!

But what do I read: Qui/Tahl pictures? And you have saved them? :eek:

Share, lady, share!!!!!!!!!!

Who knows, they might get some plot bunnies going :D

19. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    I know! I was expecting this whole Qui/Tahl part, only to get a slight mention. We'll have to become professional authors and collaborate on this to write the awesomest Qui/Tahl story, Miks. ;)

I'll definitely have to look up those piccys. Any Tahl pics would be awesome - I thought maybe that the SW Wiki would have one - but no.

*GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS louder than Mikki* (HAHAHAHAHA I WIN!)

Now Mikki, dear, do try to watch those kitty claws and fangs of yours. The author's only human. :D

Sounds like a real problemo you have there with Yoda. If you want to join my little party, feel free. But my back yard's not pretty, either. A hyper Anakin is trying to sing Rhianna karaoke while dancing on my garden shed. Kill me now. [face_beatup] :p

20. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Same. I flipped through the book, and scanned all the pages (took me an hour) for the words 'Tahl' and 'Qui Gon'. Oh, and what do I get? *grumpy [face_frustrated] * Nothing! *hisses* Yah! Let's become professionals and write together!! *sings off-tune and skips through park, scaring little children and small animals*

HOO! Ever heard of NaNoWriMo? Well, NaNoWriMo has a sister project, Script Frenzy. I think you have to write a 100 page script in 30 days (April). You can write individually, or in teams of two, I believe. Here's the website, if you want more details, or want to try it. Script Frenzy: What is it?

Yeah, there are no pics of Tahl on the wikipedia site. Apparently, it's fan-art not EU. *Growls angrily* Instead, they have this picture of some kinda Sith.. I think it's actually Ballog. Did I spell that right? [face_plain]

Ah, here it is. I took the liberty of finding it. :D The Qui/Tahl Fellowship It's posted by female_obi_wan. Scroll down a bit, and you'll find it. Gosh, I feel like Luke Skywalker, trying to piece together what happened to the Jedi! [face_dancing]

*GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS louder than Serena* *Triumphant gloating* [face_dancing]

Only human.. [face_shame_on_you] In this galaxy (*spreads arms wide*), we have many sentient beings. It does not matter if they are human (*hisses and foams at mouth again*).. I'm not, after all (*mysterious[face_alien_1] *)

Rhianna karaoke? *makes a face and shudders* Wouldn't want to hear the details of that.. *twitches*

Well, Yoda wanted me to go play my oboe for his show.. Says it sounds 'exotic' *snorts* I'm going to hide now, excuse me.. *grabs violin case and jumps into closet* Shhh.. Don't tell him I'm here. [face_shhh]

-Miks :p

You know that lifetime supply of coffee? Well.. It doesn't last a lifetime *snorts* why they told me that, I don't know. Lasted three days, with me. *snickers* :cool:

21. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Yes! We'll collaborate - Mikki and Serena's "The REAL Story of Qui-Gon and Tahl: What the Author Shmauthor Didn't W

22. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Good title :) *strokes chin* What the author smauthor didn?t write ? oh, oh wait!! *cackles* BUAHAHAHA!! I have an idea! It?s brrrrrr-illiant! (anyone recognize the line? It?s what Ezma, from the ?Emperor?s New School? says every time she tries to eliminate Kuzco. Yeah, I know, it?s a little kid?s show, but I still watch it. *blushes* It?s tradition.

Yah, let?s write it together!!! *jumps up and down with glee* Awww.. Now I?m hyper again. *poofs down* No more chocolate today, Miks.. Control yourself.. *slobbers* LOL

They?re gone?! :eek: But.. but.. I believe I have three of them stored on my computer (*Yeah, I stalk Qui Gon/Tahl threads :D*).. But I think they were erased along with the rest of my C Drive when my computer backfired. (*sighs*) It was frozen for three days. *sobs* It was terrible. No JC, no typing.. I was hyperventilating.

*head drops* *trance* Yes, I bow down to you, Serena.. Awesomest of the awesome.. *head snaps back up* But I am Mikki! KING OF THE SUSHI-MUNCHKINS!! BUAHAHAHA!! SO, THEREFORE.. I AM THE AWESOMER OF THE AWESOMEST OF THE AWESOMESTER-EST-EST!!

*Oh, and just for good measure? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    S LOUDER THAN SERENA*

Hmm. *strokes chin* I?m Miralian. On Earth, people think of me as Japanese-cross-Chinese. *smirks* You humans are so funny..

Hmm. Better hide the peach vodka in the freezer. That?s where I hid Yoda?s banjo. He?ll find it eventually, but at least I get to lay off being deaf for the time being..

Hmm.. *snickers* I could say the same. Oh, here he comes.. *quickly closes laptop and squishes behind violin case* He won?t see me.. *gulps*

*Yoda waltzes into the room, hiccupping and obviously drunk*

Master Tasha-something, find you, I will!

*Mikki shudders and inches up to top shelf of closet*

*Yoda smacks into a table* See that, I did not. Now, then.. Speaking of what, I was?

HELP ME!!! *cries of terror*

-Miks

23. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    We really should. We'd make it an absolute masterpiece. :D And take it easy on the chocolate, there. Soon you'll be bouncing off the walls! :D

Yeah, a couple of the pics aren't there. Made me bummed. Ah, well!

King of the Sushi Munchkins, eh? Well, beat this!

GRRRRRR TIMES INFINITY!!!

For I am the QUEEN OF THE COCONUT CASTLE! FEAR ME! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Japanese-cross-Chinese? Well, I'm nerd-cross-geek. It's true, I'm afraid.

I should put Anakin's nose harp in the fridge along with Yoda's banjo.

If you need some help with Yoda, I've got a stack of comics and a hard computer with which to bang him on the head. Hehehe.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone!! [:D]

24. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Yeah! Let?s do it! [face_dancing] Bouncing off walls? Been there, done that! :D

*sobs* Such a tragedy.. Oh, picture-o, picture-o, where art thoufore picture-o? @};-

*whimpers* But Serena.. You wouldn?t hurt a little kid, would you? *innocent, helpless expression* Would you? [face_hypnotized]

Well, so am I.. nerd-cross-geek :p . My biological dad was a computer designer, and my mom was a bank worker? (they died when I was three) :( My adoptive dad, is, surprisingly, an accountant.. My adoptive mom is also a bank worker :eek:.. So, I grew up as a nerd. Skipped a few grades, played in the orchestra.. *smirks* Nerd, me, yes. [face_laugh]

*twitches* Nose harp? *Ugh* Makes room* Here.. Plenty of room in the freezer. They?ll never find it.. Oh, better add Yoda?s three piece swimsuit in there :D Isn?t pretty. Scarred many an unsuspecting Youngling. :eek:

Oh, really? *eager* Can I use them? *listens* Apparently, right now, he?s going through the laundry.. Funny. Why?s the washing machine on? And what?s that banging sound?... :confused: :oops:

Better go dig him out. [face_plain]

Happy thanksgiving!! [:D] [face_flag]

-Miks 8-} [face_coffee]

25. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Heehee!! Bouncing off walls is a great way to pass the time... [face_laugh]

Zhee peectures eez loost. I do nokt know vhere deey eez. :D

Of course I wouldn't hurt a little kid! I'm too nice and sweet and wonderful and amazing for that... hehehehe....

Wow, glad to know I'm not the only nerd around here! I'm not alone!!! Yay! [face_dancing]

Freezer's a good idea. But Plo Koon's got an Elbow Oboe up his sleeve, and I think he's going to start playing... uh-oh. Quick, RUN!!!! And of course you can use them. I might also have a few heavy books needed to knock some certain Jedi Masters out if need be...

SOOOO back to Qui-Gon and Tahl. This is their thread, right? :D

Should we start a new discussion point? Or... a new challenge? Or... maybe a full on round-robin story? *shrugs* Just thinking of ideas.

- Serena

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.