main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Triple Force Friday in Australia.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    You're all most welcome!

I also attended my local Zing for the Midnight Opening and though no Black Series 6" there I was after was nice to get some new stuff,was there with a friend and we had a good time looking over the new stuff.

Same friend who went to Zing with me was @ a Target store later friday and they had stock out back but went and got it and let him buy what he wanted.

Sadly sometimes @ retail the workers do not want to extend themselves.

Iron_lord and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I'll check Target again today. I did however purchase the 2017 Star Wars Lego advent calendar at K-mart, $45.

3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Since there were no midnight events near me I just passed on the whole thing, so disappointing - last year I spent probably $400.

Then on Saturday I just went to Big W and picked up the Bala Tik and Rathtar & Force Link with Kylo Ren.

The Rathtar is super cool, especially being able to stick figures into it's mouth but the legs are annoying and keep falling out.

4. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Target has now stocked all of Wave 1 plus the ForceLink gauntlet. They only had two Luke's (I reckon he'll be the most popular of the line). Only issue is, it's not pay day *lol*

5. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Found GA Thrawn @ TRU. :):D

Iron_lord and Jedi Daniel like this.
  6. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    One thing I did notice with TLJ line, the packaging and figures appear to be much smaller.

7. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Noticed that too,maybe a cost reduction thing?

Waste reduction ?

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Could be. I do like it though. The packets will be nicer to stack since space is a premium with my collection. The sculpts are more detailed too. Love the see through visors and the many of the accessories you can attach to the figures.

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Picked up TLJ 3 3/4 Luke Skywalker :D

10. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004

The 5 POA one?

Iron_lord and Jedi Daniel like this.
  11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yup, it's all I collect.

12. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yup, it's all I collect.

13. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Ah........

I'm going to be hunting down these -

[​IMG]

Iron_lord and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  14. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    For the figures, do you keep them in the packaging or have them out and on display?

I've got the Hot Toy's TFA R2-D2 ordered which will come out some time next year.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  15. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    I collect loose and carded/MOC for most of my toys.

16. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    For Star Wars, I mainly collect the 3 3/4 figures from the main chapters of the saga (I won't be collecting the standalone spin offs). All are in their packets still, right back to POTF2. At the moment, they aren't on display though.

My other collecting hobby is Jurassic Park which are all loose except for Jurassic World.

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There is a speculation that the Force Friday for Solo will be sometime in April…

I've only collected the Kenner JP and TLW lines. All loose and packed away at the moment. I am curious about what the new line for JW: FK will be like since the license had moved to Mattel this time around.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  18. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Be nice if there's SA and 5POA for the toys going forward now.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Triple Force Friday will be taking place on the 4th October. It will cover The Mandalorian, The Rise of Skywalker and Jedi: Fallen Order.

Anything anyone is looking forward to picking up?

I'm curious to see if any places are doing a special midnight event for it.

20. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019

I haven't heard of any events and I'm not even sure what stores will be participating.

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    EB / Zing Stores will have the new merch 9am on Friday though I don't know if there will be a midnight launch at select stores like last time. It doesn't look like it but if there is, I'll be sure to update here as soon as I hear.

Khalia Octa likes this.
  22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    No special midnight event for EB / Zing stores.

Their website will have the items available at 12:01am Friday while in store will be 8am.

Khalia Octa likes this.
  23. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I've heard of nothing down my neck of the woods unfortunately. In recent years, Star Wars has really dropped off :( I still see pegwarmers from TFA and R1 around here so no doubt being left with stock that's nearly 5 years old, they don't want to get caught again. I'm not sure I'll be buying any action figures for Rise of Skywalker like recent Saga movies.

As for things I'm looking forward to, The Mandalorian is at the top of the list and then Fallen Order on PS4. I still need to pre-order it. Looks like the only decent EA SW game since the Disney aquisition because I was disappointed with both recent Battlefronts.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That's unfortunate. It does feel like some caution this time around… though I wonder how much of that is holding content back till after the film's release though.

Looking at the Hot Toys announcements, the Mandalorian and IG-11 figure does look great.

I'm keen to see The Mandalorian. The team involved with it are great and so the series should be to. That and the finale to The Clone Wars.

Given what happened to the recent Battlefronts…and they have done quite a bit of updates changes on EASWBFII… but I might wait and see for Fallen Order first before getting it.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Started seeing a couple of things come into stock at Big W. The episode 9 Treadspeeder mainly along with 12" figures of the Sith Trooper.