main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Force Ghosts in IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kez-Iban, Dec 18, 2017.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I've always thought that if they brought back Hayden Christensen for a few emotional scenes. Gave him some well written lines, and you came out thinking "That Ghost Anakin bit wasn't bad at all", then that would be such a great healing of old wounds.

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yes. And what a great way to end the Skywalker saga as well, with Kylo (or Rey) interacting with the Skywalker who essentially started it all (in-story). There's nothing more fitting IMO. Such full-circle concepts are always very much the stuff of moving finales...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Yoda's moment was in TLJ and related directly to Luke. I don't think Yoda has anything to say to Rey or Kylo really, so he's out for IX. We'll get Luke as a FG, and perhaps hear Obi-Wan's voice talking to Luke and Rey briefly (Luke and Obi-wan debating something about the Force or future of Rey woUld be a great callback to Obi-Wan and Yoda debating in Yoda's hut in ESB), and there's still an outside chance of Anakin appearing to Kylo (maybe in more of a Force vision or dream than a traditional FG appearance)....

whostheBossk and Wildcatbarry like this.
  4. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Luke can show up and shoot lightning at the FO

Jedi Knight Fett and wobbits like this.
  5. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Electrocute Kylo in 2 seconds flat hahaha.

Django Fett and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Has anybody here put forth already the theory of Rey being the OT unused plan B? As in "no, theres another" kind of plan B?

Chronology of pre-TFA balance/unbalance seems to fit, and also seems compatible with Rey being Anakin's plan B. I say Anakin because of the bloodline thing, but all those ghosts would be in the know.

I think Pablo Hidalgo quote about Luke's temple being someone else's idea refers to Anakin. "Lost Ben Solo you did, lose Rey we must not" probably was "lose Ben Solo we must not" at some point.

Ben was trusted to him, his own temple was not his idea. Weird.

Now that there is no mastermind (no Snoke/Palpatine), and since Ben Solo is not even the master of his own mind, seems that a skywalker bloodline force ghost long-term plan would come now to foreground, including perhaps the force ghost himself.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  7. SteveIC

SteveIC Jedi Padawan

Sep 1, 2018
    I'm really hoping Anakin will make an appearance in the movie. I think it would be the highlight of the whole sequel trilogy for me personally to see him in the film.

8. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd love to see Anakin, but the only one basically guaranteed is Luke, and I hope that even in death he evolves into something more. Luke is a legend at this point, so why not give him power we haven't seen in other Jedi - living or dead? Yoda was able to conjure Force lightening, so I can imagine Luke with abilities similar to Mother Talzin, being able to cross between worlds. Perhaps he resides in the spirit realm now, but can tap in to the Force to manifest corporeal form as well.

aprilstarwars73 likes this.
  9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    With such a long history of talking to ghosts, it'll be fun to see Luke on the other side.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I think Anakin needs some role. We know he exists given how Yoda and Obi-Wan are still kicking around, so not seeing the Chosen One responsible for a lot of the events happening in galactic history would be disappointing.

Plus, with the PT generation old enough to experience the nostalgia of those films, Disney can make some money off the return of Hayden as Anakin

11. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I want to see a handless Mace Windu force ghost. He can hang out in the background of the other force ghosts giving Anakin shifty looks.

12. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think Anakin is important to be in it even if he doesn't speak - maybe his appearance will be top secret much like Yoda & Maul were in TLJ & Solo....

13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Including Anakin will help to tie all three trilogies together for its final installment. I'd honestly like to see how all the Skywalkers would interact together - Ben, Luke, Leia, and Anakin in the same room. I suppose it all depends on the plot, and whether Ben / Kylo will ultimately be redeemed or not.

14. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Agreed that would be nice. However I'd wonder how they would be able to work in Carrie's previous footage to make her part make sense...

15. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    I think one of JJ's skills is mystery of course, and I do like how Rey's force vision was edited and shot in TFA. I'd like him to mirror that with Kylo, and give him a force vision or dream in a similar style, and this dream can include brief cameo of Hayden as Anakin as well as old footage of Ford and Fisher used in a surreal way. Would be the easiest way to have Han and Leia "interact" with Kylo in this film.

whostheBossk and cwustudent like this.
  16. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    They'll just use the outtakes from TLJ, but instead of Leia slapping Poe in the face countless times, she'll be slapping Anakin in the face countless times.

Rodie, wobbits, cwustudent and 3 others like this.
  17. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

A daughter slapping her father!?!?!?

Now, THAT is subverting expectations!! :p

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  18. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    He did torture her.

DARTH_BELO and wobbits like this.
  19. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    At this stage, Ki-Adi is my most wanted Force ghost. He could show up to offer advice and make observations that are later proven to be entirely inaccurate and unhelpful.

20. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

Yes, a cameo of him and his brother in law Bert-Adi Mundi would be great .

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    EHT, Wildcatbarry and Mungo Baobab like this.
  21. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    My idea of his return would be Anakin reminiscing about Padme with Across the Stars swirling in the background. Giving some life experience lesson to Kylo. The chills would be unbelievable.

22. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    What about the First Order attack on the Wookies?

Leia never forgave her father, only Luke did. This is also seen at the end of TLJ when Leia believes her son is gone but Luke believes "no one's ever really gone".

23. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    At this point, it's not as important that Leia forgives Anakin, that probably won't happen on screen. In a book or comic you can have Leia encounter Anakin's ghost, etc...

But for the ST, Leia connecting with Kylo in some way is very important. It's wild that this didn't happen in TLJ. It has to happen in 9, but JJ is handcuffed by only what's in the can for Carrie. Hopefully he's figured out something clever that is also impactful and feels right and not cobbled together or tacked on.

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I love the idea of fg Anakin! Maybe Anakin won't get through to Kylo. It could be interesting, and perhaps more powerful, to have Kylo talk to his idol, fg Vader. Scare the Sith out of Ben. :vader:

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    People are saying Kylo doesn't have the same feelings for Anakin/Vader, may be they have a point but for me Anakin is the only person in the galaxy that Kylo can relate to. It ticks all the boxes...

*Taken from his mother
    *Seeks a father figure in others
    *Pulled by one teacher towards the Dark Side, whilst chastised and isolated by another teacher
    *Has ambitions to rule the galaxy

He may have moved away and decided he wants to bury the past, but it's far from implicitly stated that includes grandfather.

wobbits and cwustudent like this.