main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Force Ghosts in IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kez-Iban, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    According to abrams Kylo doesn't like Anakin, he sees anakin as weak. its Vader whose the symbol Kylo looks up too.

Now lukes likely a force ghost the only person Anakin could show up for Kylo, even if it Kylo straight out refuses to listen to him due to the fact that Anakin isn't who Kylo wants too be.

Personally i wouldn't be against seeing it. i think it would allow some comparison good between anakin and Kylo, thats clearly meant to be there.

I do think there are other ways you could bring anakin into the mix without going straight up force ghost though. after all this is a film series where luke went into a cave and see Vader before beheading him and seeing his own face or Rey see unlimited reflections of herself. there is alot of mystic elements in star wars too.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Well, that's why I want Kylo to interact with Vader. "They say," never meet your hero(es), bcs you'll be disappointed. I'd like to see a Force ghost be something besides sagely. Show me a scary Force ghost! (Besides, it would be an rare opportunity for a Force ghost to appear Sithly, as Sith cannot become FGs per canon.)

[​IMG]

3. aprilstarwars73

aprilstarwars73 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 1, 2017
    Very true.... I think kylo first interaction with Anakin should be a half and half.... Because kylo has to be able to digest... The man that's actually in the suit

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Cantina Regular and cwustudent like this.
  4. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Ben is a failed plan A (a failed OT LUke); Rey is a plan B (OT Leia. 'No. Theres another') Since those OT ghosts are still around, to what extent is the ST part of their plan?

In that Rebels episode, voices from the future are heard. The 'always in motion is the future' line is a reminder of the dangers of acting upon visions, but not a statement about the inscrutability of the future. The future A is set in stone, somehow, until is turned into water by some action not in accordance to it, and replaced by A' or, if the actors play their cards even more differently, by its opposite B.

One thinks about that little boy in the hallway staring at Rey in her vision. If Snoke (and Luke) could mindbridge two individuals across space, could a Force Ghost mindbridge individuals across time, only to allow for further mutual recognition, but nothing more? After all, Luke and Leia were 'mindbridged' in some way in the OT: 'Leia!Leia is my sister'.

I wouldnt bet on Yoda. Obi-Wan and Anakin are better options, the latter specially.

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    What I don't understand about Kylo only looking up to "Vader," and not Anakin, is that he seemed to really want Anakin's saber in TFA, which is also technically Vader's first saber he used to destroy the Jedi and the Separatists.

Pre-suit Vader is part of Darth Vader's legacy just as much as suited Vader. And since Hayden is Pre-Suit Darth Vader 2/3 into ROTS, Kylo can still look for Vader's legacy even in "Anakin."

6. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    So many wonderful options, yet only a few that will work best. I'm confident JJ will indeed bring Hayden in to teach a lesson to Kylo. Luke will be appearing as well to both Kylo and Rey. Anyone else is far game and I would love to see Yoda, Obi Wan and Qui Gon, but most will agree too much of a good thing is overkill. Their voices could be heard though.
    As for the Sith ghost, I felt the opportunity was there for Snoke to falsely show Kylo Vader's image telling him how he is powerful with the dark side to build his ego. This was also based off the concept art of Anikan we see above from the TFA concept art book. Sith cannot be Spirits as it will defeat the whole process of one learning how to become one with the Force which can only be done selflessly and patiently.
    Interesting to see what happens with this subject! Thoughts?

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  7. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I'm rather confident we'll see a force ghost or two in IX. Who we see is up for debate. Also, wasn't there some sort of rumor that "legacy" characters would receive a big push in the merchandise this year? If that's true, then that would pretty much confirm we'd see some of the older ghosts.

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Anakin can say so much to a host of characters, he can feature in Force induced visions and flashbacks, but for him to emerge from the nether world to speak to his grandson would be a spinetingling moment.

9. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    IMO, Anakin's Force-ghost would be the only entity that could convince Kylo to return to the good side of the Force.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  10. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    There will be no Force Ghosts in these movies, except Yoda, because he isn't human.

Remember the Chinese market.

Google: China, ghosts/spirits in movies.

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Its okay. SW films don't make money there anyway.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke is dead and Hamill has been confirmed to return. So yeah ghost.

13. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    okay so I googled just that and the first result basically refuted the idea that the Chinese can't handle ghosts in movies.

Also having a couple of minutes of force ghosts doesn't exactly turn the film into a 'Ghost movie'

well unless he's back to life of course!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    “I ain’t afraid of no ghost!” -China

Django Fett likes this.
  15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Didn't Caspar do well in China? I know it did relatively well internationally.

Regardless of overall movie quality, JJ cannot do more than a fair job of tying the saga together if he is not going to provide some kind of appearance or at least explanation regarding force ghost Anakin.

wobbits likes this.
  16. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    JJ is never bringing back Hayden but it'd be really cool.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think JJ would bring Hayden back... but i think it would have to be for an extremely good purpose. nothing that would be written in the script just for an excuse to do it.

But at the same time i wouldn't be surprised if JJ is abit anti-hayden being the force ghost at the end of ROTJ. so again i think him appearing would have to be for an extremely good purpose.

Hayden appearing would probably only be there to service his legacy as OR the legacy of Vader.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Lee_ likes this.
  18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think a VO would be more likely.

19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Ray Parker Jr singing the theme for EPIX now?

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  20. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Why not have a "curtain call" of Force Ghost seen very briefly near the end of 9, before the ending montage wraps up showing what happens next to Rey, Finn, Poe and Leia?

Show Luke's spirit there, smiling over at a triumphant Rey after the final battle ends the FO.... Rey looks him in the eye and nods a little. Then the camera pulls back from Luke's eyes and we see Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda there next to Luke....New footage of Hayden and the Yoda puppet (to match TLJ), and Alec Guinness lifted from ROTJ footage.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  21. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I would be OK with this. Some acknowledgement that Anakin Skywalker exists is all I need.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet like rotj we will see Anakin at least in new scene along with the rest of force ghosts. Show all 5 ghosts ;)

23. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Family pic! #GhostFam

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    chrcharcor2 and Deliveranze like this.
  24. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I saw Ob1 struck down in ANH at the theater and have been waiting since Empire to see him become more powerful than I can possibly imagine. So there is a precedence for the Ghosts to still cause some big pain to the bad guys.

Personally I'd like them to see them be the secret intelligence of Rey's team of potential Jedi disrupting all of Kylo's plans.

whostheBossk and Wildcatbarry like this.
  25. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Jedi Force Ghost Council =D=