main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Shield - FX Test

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by BrentK7, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Chevalier-mal-Fet: That also seems to be what Yoda did in AOTC with Duku's(sp?) lightning

2. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    "moving images", Daft? Is that also known as a video, film, or movie, or is that a British thing? :D

Maybe I'm just ignorant.

~Neszis~

3. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Chevalier-mal-Fet, we could do exactly that. And that is precisely what I said in another post when I first brought up the idea of a Force Shield. But as we are talking special FX here and not storyline based(for experimentatio only, that means) we are trying to experiment with "visual" evidence of the usage of this power.

Carl

4. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    Looks nice enough as an effect then. :p

A good example to look at might be the battle droids' shields in Ep. I, if I remember correctly... The blaster bolts hit the shields and produce an ubercool ripple effect. Something like a coloured ripple a few inches away from the Jedi might be more impressive than the solid wall you have now, like other people have mentioned.

While you're working on this (and this could probably go into the ideas thread for the other guy) what would be really neat is seeing a lightsaber hit one of these things... :p

5. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    Chevalier, that "other guy" is the same guy that started this thread. Yeah by the look of its, a saber hitting one of these babies would look like what Maul does in ep1 when QG is stuck behind the magnetic field.

In AE you can change the strength of a ripple over time but does anyone now how you could actually animate the ripple? And I'm talking non-production bundle, of course.

Carl

6. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    That'll teach me to pay attention to who starts topics. I feel stupid now. :p

Clever sig, btw.

7. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
  8. funkedelic_bob

funkedelic_bob Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2002
    Yeah I think a cool ripple effect would be great! But... does anyone know how?

9. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    Rotoscoping and playing with adobe's ripple filter a bit. I think KPT has a nice one as well.

10. althegreat

althegreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    ok- so basically- if you're gonna have AE, you need Premier also, but you can use Premier to do the same things as AE, just not as well or proffesionally?

11. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    You don't need Premiere if your going to get AE. They are complementary. The guys at Adobe were nice enough to not make you have to buy all their software so the whole process runs smoothly. AE is like a photoshop for video, nuff said and you cannot do hardly anything that AE does in Premiere. Adobe Premiere is for scene syncing, editing lengths and cuts and for positioning basic to advanced audio tracks. After Effects are just that, Post Production effects to be added to the whole film eventually.

Carl

12. Pythony-TJM

Pythony-TJM Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    I think the shield should stay in one place. For instance like in Star Trek in the brig. They touch it, it ripples but it doesn't move?

-Py

13. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    Ssss... st.. Star Trek? *shivers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.