main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Forcechella 2: Electric Boogaloo 4/10/19

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by KyloSpence, May 21, 2018.

1. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
    Forcechella 2: Electric Boogaloo. 4/10/19.
    By Popular Demand, due to the fact there will be no overnight on Wednesday, we are proud to announce to accommodate more fans coming into town that FORCECHELLA 2 is moved to 4/10 at 8pm. Location will be announced later in the year!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Amon_Amarth and ChrisLyne like this.
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    If you can make it at the Hyatt you might get a good amount of people to go.

3. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I don't know how many people will be there since, I'm guessing, most will come on Wed or Thurs.

4. KyloSpence

Oct 25, 2016
    [​IMG]
    I know of a lot coming in Sun-Mon but come Wednesday, there will be a lot to compete with. We are offering something new.

5. KyloSpence

Oct 25, 2016
    We will be announcing the location later in the year but it is 5 minutes away from the Hyatt!

Gamma626 likes this.
  6. KyloSpence

Oct 25, 2016
    By Popular Demand, due to the fact there will be no overnight on Wednesday, we are proud to announce to accommodate more fans coming into town that FORCECHELLA 2 is moved to 4/10 at 8pm. Location will be announced later in the year!

Gamma626 and ChrisLyne like this.
  7. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Right on, so only my second Celebration-what's FORCECHELLA? I get the Coachella reference but beyond that...?

KyloSpence likes this.
  8. KyloSpence

Oct 25, 2016
    Pre Celebration Karaoke

9. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    My wife will love it

KyloSpence likes this.
  10. KyloSpence

Oct 25, 2016
    News from the #FC2 Front :

We can confirm the location will have Blue Milk on the Menu!

Also, rumor has it, to get you all pumped for #SWCC, we will be offering some sort of pre-celebration merch in the coming months. Graphic will be released in a few weeks.

Remember, Forcechella 2 is 4/10/19 at 8PM. 21+ (due to liquor laws). Location will be announced later in the year (but it is confirmed!!)

firesaber and Swtorista like this.
  11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    We should all go and be suuuper nerdy by wearing those "Hello. My Name Is..." stickers, only we should have our TFN usernames on them instead of our real names.

teamhansolo, KyloSpence and ChrisLyne like this.
  12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Actually up until Celebration VI or so we used to have a contest for a name badge design for this forum, people could add their names and print them themselves. Then the interest died out, but I wouldn't mind bringing it back.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I met a couple of the Rebelscum mods at the last London Celebration and they had RS badges.

KyloSpence likes this.
  14. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Rebelscum made badges that you could pick up for free in Orlando with your user name on it. You posted in their thread in advance if you wanted one. They were pretty cool.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    KyloSpence likes this.
  15. KyloSpence

Oct 25, 2016
    I am actually having a shirt made saying "Hello, My Name is Manny Bothans"

Padme501st likes this.
  16. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Joe Hogan, who did one of the sides of the badge from CV and also the banner for Fanforce back then, has been kind enough to make drawings for badges for the subsequent Celebrations for those of us meeting up Wednesday night.

I don't remember if there was a contest at CVI. I only have four designs for a Fanforce badge all made by Joe Hogan. And then I also have two designs specifically for Wednesday night gathering also made by Joe.

For those who remember his name from the last Celebration. Yes, Joe was an official artist in the artist alley for the first time (hopefully of many). He had made an awesome clone troopers poster.

17. KyloSpence

Oct 25, 2016
    Sorry for the delay peeps. We are waiting on the final design approval for our PRE-EVENT Merch that will be available whether you come to the event or not. If you got our merch last year, you will be very pleased with this one! As soon as we have it available for pre-order we will let you know.

What we can let you know about the event is YES, the location is booked. YES, there will be Adult Blue Milk available (think same vain as the Scum & Villainy Recipe), YES, there will be an app for the karaoke songs and to get on the list to sing (300,000+ songs). Unfortunately, it is 21+ due to liquor laws and there is a fire code of about 200, so plan to come early for dinner and stay till close. There will be other merch available besides the Pre-Event item. Forcechella 2 starts at 8pm and goes till close (about 2am) on Wednesday, April 10, 2019.

More information and event page forthcoming.

18. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Sounds like fun. I should probably be able to attend.

Can you at least tell us if it's close by to McCormick?

19. KyloSpence

Oct 25, 2016
    Yes, within a 5-10 min Uber!

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Ah, depending on direction, that could be walking distance from my hotel.

21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'd definitely like to go, but if it's a 5-10 minute Uber from McCormick, which I'm staying close to, I don't know if I want to spent the first night I'm in Chicago in unfamiliar territory that far out, especially if I were to consume some of that adult blue milk.

If somebody else wants to go who is also staying close to McCormick, let me know. I would certainly be more inclined to go if that was the case.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  22. KyloSpence

Oct 25, 2016
    I am sure you will be able to find people who are going. We will have a FB event page in the next few months. Look out for that then you can ask around.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    @MotivateR5D4 in Chicago

[​IMG]

KyloSpence and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  24. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Seriously! That made me laugh out loud right now.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    KyloSpence and star_wars_is_good like this.
  25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    @Obi Anne you may want to update the date in the thread title so people don't get confused.