main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Forces of Destiny - Episode 14: An Imperial Feast Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  2. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I believe The Ghost is a superior ship to The Falcon... :(

That was great.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    lol that was great. Whoever played Han was decent. It's hilarious that the stormtroopers seem to have completely resigned to the fact that they've lost.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Wait, this is post-RoTJ?!

5. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Yes.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    *updates his canon timeline*

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    Watching Han have to admit that the Ghost is better than the Falcon was really hurtful. I found Hera to be very petty. Han is trying to save the lives of people he doesn’t even care about, and she just has to blackmail him into saying something he really doesn’t want to? That’s really low. Kind of makes me hate her.

Snafu55 and BookExogorth like this.
  8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    ermmm....I didn't mean to post two cat gifs, mods :/

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  9. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Jesus it was just a harmless little interaction. I doubt Hera would've actually held the supplies from him anyways.

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Were the Ewoks planning to cook the Stormtroopers in their plastoid armour? I can't imagine that smelling (or tasting) very good.

And since when is Leia a General during the ROTJ? I'm genuinely asking, as I never considered her to be a General in the Alliance, but a political leader instead, similar to Mon Mothma. I think Leia works better as a civilian leader, instead of a military one, but I guess because of TFA, they want to portray her as a military leader during the OT.

Also, in my head canon, the Ewoks still ate most of the Imperial prisoners after the battle :)

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I don't get the gifs. What exactly about the canon timeline was so controversial over this episode? The Ghost, Hera, and Chopper appearing at the tail end of ROTJ?

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I didn't say it was controversial.

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is possibly my favorite episode yet. I mean, it's post ROTJ, on Endor, featuring Ewoks, with the Falcon and the Ghost right next to each other, Han and Hera meeting. It's just great! :)

14. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I get where you're coming from, but I disagree. It seemed pretty apparent that they've been at this whole "Falcon vs. Ghost" debate before, and it's more of a ribbing than anything serious.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Turning down some nice fresh meat for some fallout shelter Slim Jims? They are lucky those were trim Imperial Stormtroopers and not the plump First Order Stormtroopers.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So one thing made you hate Hera? You must not have liked her to begin with.

Also this short answered an age old question! Did the Ewoks eat the Stormtroopers? No. They did try though.

17. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Was the scale off between the Ghost and the Falcon?

In my head the Falcon is much larger than the Ghost.

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I've always thought that too, but they probably are comparable in size. The Ghost is slightly bigger than a YT-2400, as seen in Iron Squadron, and I'm guessing YT-2400s and YT-1300s are similar in size.

19. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    It's funny to see the original trilogy interact with Rebels here and I'm glad that Hera and Chopper survived Endor. The guy voicing Han did a really good job and he's much better than the actress who voices Leia, who sounds absolutely nothing like Carrie Fisher and as a result, often comes across as a completely different character.

But I found myself annoyed by a number of things...

-Even given Han's roguish nature, I don't think he would have stood by and said "Ah well, what are you going to do?" at the Ewoks started cooking Imperials.
    -The return of cannibalistic Ewoks, which in fairness is something they tried to do to Han.
    -Leia nagging about something. Mind you, she never would have tolerated what the Ewoks were trying to do as well but her characterization still seems more in line with her lousy characterization in the main Star Wars comics, where Jason Aaron likes to shoehorn in superhero speeches for her.
    -Han and Hera actually bartering when the idea was to save the stormtroopers from not being roasted alive.
    -Han saying another ship is better than the Falcon under any circumstance.

Just a lot here that I didn't care for despite liking plenty.

20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I feel the same - they were able to pack a lot of content and characters into this clip, which really exceeds anything we've seen before in these shorts. I enjoyed the OT / Rebels crossover, and above all actually found it humorous.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's consistent with the lengths given on Wookieepedia. And with the X-Wing Miniatures models.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Perhaps something similar to being cooked alive in a Brazen Bull. But the plastic may melt first, have to ask them 501st reinactors.;)

I thought Han was too dumbed down and playing a beta to both Leia and Hera( was she an ex of his too? Was maybe a tad awkward ). But these toons seems like cheap fun throwaway shorts for young female toddlers. I would've preferred a micro-series similar to Clone Wars myself.

Darth Pipes likes this.
  23. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    It doesn’t seem like a harmless exchange where there are people in danger of being eaten and she's withholding the supplies needed to save them. Hera and Han are both passionate about how awesome their ships are, and it seemed mean to blackmail him to say something that is totally against his character just to get the upper hand in some kind of debate the two have apparently been having for a while. I just don't understand why she'd even force him to say that, since both of them know he doesn't mean it. The only purpose it serves is for her to purposefully humiliate Han. Doesn't make her super likeable.
    To be truthful, I haven't really decided how I feel about Hera. I want to like her, but I feel like Rebels isn't consistent enough with her character to get a good feel for Hera, and she doesn't seem quite as caring towards her crew as I would like.

I disliked Hera in the Imperial Feast, but that's not going to make me hate the character, because it would be extremely unfair to base any of the character in SW off their Forces of Destiny persona. It just bugged me a lot, and I don't want Hera to behave so pettily.

24. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    This is the first one I've actually liked. Han letting the Ewoks eat stormtroopers is something I could maybe see. 1) They've been at war with the Empire and have killed hundreds if not thousands of stormtroopers 2) These are soldiers of the same government that once tortured him 3) He's not the one doing it 4) He's been on the other end of their little cooking parties and probably wouldn't want to get in the middle of an Ewok and his prey (especially since he likely doesn't have the relationship with them that Leia does).

Hera and Han's little banter seemed like it was all in fun.

Outsourced likes this.
  25. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Nothing particularly surprising about Hera being a survivor of Endor aside from maybe she could have looked a little bit older. Otherwise good to see her and Chop