main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Forces of Destiny - Episode 2: BB-8 Bandits Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 3, 2017.

1. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    2 episodes, 2 great episodes!

Now this is a pod race
    Wait :D

2. redinight

redinight Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    I don't understand the appeal. Seems like a few cut scenes from TFA but in flash/pre-vis form. Disney can't help themselves, less is more for some fans... The Disney environments and design are just awful. Tremors on Tatooine, with unprecedented droid communication... feels like a throw away comic from the old days.

Jester J Binks likes this.
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    You're entitled to your opinion and we are entitled to our enjoyment.

4. redinight

Nov 15, 2001
    That is absolutely true! I just miss enjoying SW after 2012, I feel like everything Disney has done, aside from allowing Filoni a show, has been less than good.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Another nice episode. I noticed some people in Youtube are suggesting this might be how Rey was able to navigate through the Star Destroyer so easily in TFA. Good call!

Padme501st likes this.
  6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Let's not turn this into another thread ranting about Disney. It has been five years. Get over it.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Be nice, Daniel, he's allowed to voice his dissatisfaction.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

I'm always nice....

*JCC 'debates' don't count*

:p

9. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I dunno if some of you guys are aware, but Disney isn't really the company you're looking for.

Lucasfilm is what you're thinking of.

Sent from Hell--depending on whether or not it exists.

10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

This right here :)

I agree this was a pretty good idea. That does help show why Rey could navigate the Falcon through there.

11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I really Liked episode 2 but would love to see other characters other then Rey. How often do they release these om youtube?

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Supposed to be one a day? At least that is the word on the street anyway?

Looks as though they are starting from the ST and working backwards.

13. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    What a great thing, a new Star Wars animation everyday. Really enjoying these.

14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Perhaps you'll like them when they're stringed together, as the Tartakovsky CW shorts were on DVD. I'm hoping they do something similar with these shorts, where they tell different stories that are part of a bigger picture.

I enjoyed the second episode, and the return of the Nightwatcher, though they felt a bit too similar - Rey on the run, having to protect BB-8 once again.

15. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Nice two parter so does this mean they'll show an episode explaining why Rey is a great pilot or demonstrate why she's so good at space transport repair?

16. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    But it was already explained in "Before the Awakening" novella...

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I thought the second episode was better than the first (which I thoroughly enjoyed). A little more action, and it had speeder bikes. I love speeder bikes!

If the show keeps up this quality, I know I'll revisit it many times once it's out on Blu-ray (we will get a blu-ray, right?).

This is something I'm wondering about too.
    Could it be that Maz's narration is only included when they string the episodes together for the TV special (if I understand correctly that that is what they'll do)? Like a bookend sort of thing. As in it's not really necessary for the individual shorts, but when put together, there has to be some kind of narration to explain the jumps in the timeline.
    I believe we've even seen artwork of Maz made for the show, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  18. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I like that these are building Rey and BB-8's relationship. It helps build on why she was willing to give up so much food portions to keep him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Using a Y-Wing Simulator doesn't make you an expert in piloting a space transport, literally rebuilding a Ghtroc Freighter doesn't make you an expert on the Millennium Falcon however familiar she might have been, now if she's actually a Solo and grew up with Han & Chewie fixing said ship that would be different!

If she was that skilled with freighters wouldn't Unkar be using her to rebuild and maintain vehicles and spacecraft?

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Hm, I went and checked out the First Look video again, and actually this seems likely. It has a few shots from an early animatics, like this:

[​IMG]

And when this is shown we hear Maz say "It's a nice night for telling stories".

So yeah, my guess is Maz will bookend the show when all the episodes are shown together. :)

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Good episode, I enjoyed the chase scene. "He'll be fine, but he's going to need a new bike." LOL.

22. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    These episodes have an appealing look to them, but I just wish the stories weren't quite so overwhelmingly complex. I have tremendous difficulty understanding what's happening, and keeping track of who's who, what their motivations are, etc. Hopefully the upcoming episodes will have simpler stories with fewer characters.

23. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014

Anakin in TPM is 10 years younger than Rey in TFA when he piloted podracer, naboo starfighter, build protocol droid, podracer. No explanation is even given why he was able to do so as a 9 years old aside from "he's strong in the Force" and "Chosen One". Yet Rey's expertise in piloting and mechanics - who is older and given more explanation in supplementary materials - is somehow more unjustifiable than Anakin's and need more explanation. :rolleyes:

24. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006

Point taken.
    Even though you could argue R2 helped!
    But yes you're right about that.

25. redinight

Nov 15, 2001
    I'm quite sure no other studio owned SW after 1977. Disney logos have steadily overshadowed Lucasfilm on product. Lucasfilm is dead. I've been a fan for over twenty years. I'll voice my displease at will. In my opinion Kennedy isn't doing a good job, she just steadies the ship safely after a story committee plays in someone else's toy room.

Done with rant... Skipping this YouTube video release...