main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Forces of Destiny - Episode 2: BB-8 Bandits Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 3, 2017.

1. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    You can voice your displeasure all you want to, but you should know the difference in what Disney's role in the Star Wars franchise is versus Lucasfilm's role.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As I said yesterday....

3. redinight

redinight Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Inform me...

4. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Okay. Lucasfilm and the Story Group--who are employed BY Lucasfilm and are definitely not a bunch of suits from Disney--handle all creative decisions with the Star Wars license. Everything you see is dictated by them with little to no input from Disney corp.

There is no Disneyfication of Star Wars because Disney has entrusted Lucasfilm with making the creative decisions and has largely stayed out of the way as far as those decisions go.

So, if you are disatisfied with the direction Star Wars is going, you are still safe to ultimately blame George Lucas because the Story Group and the writers and directors have committed to respecting his vision for the franchise.

5. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    This episode is my favorite of the 3 we have gotten so far. I love Speeder chases and I love how Rey's speeder is like a tractor :)

6. SunnyNelson

SunnyNelson Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2013
    There are no "Disney logos" in or on any Star Wars films or series.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I've only seen Lucasfilm Logos.

SunnyNelson and TCF-1138 like this.
  8. SunnyNelson

SunnyNelson Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2013
    I remember a couple of years ago when people insisted that the Disney Castle would appear at the beginning of all upcoming Star Wars movies. It didn't happen, and they shut up about it for awhile. :rolleyes:

9. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Uhm .......

How did it circle back to this again? And how is it constantly misrepresented like this? There was a pretty infamous interview about Disney, in particular, nor respecting his vision for the franchise.

redinight likes this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    JJ also mentioned it was Disney who made that call but I don't know what this has to do with Forces of Destiny. If there is one big difference it's clearly the budget, especially in the animation department. Behind of the scenes materials too, they seem really shy to show us anything of substance or just glossing over it to show only the good side of things but for FoD I'll let it go because I'm clearly not the target audience even if I really like the shorts so far, and I don't even have kids or younger siblings.

11. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    I'm guessing you're referring to the interview with Lucas where he talked about how they didn't follow his story treatment for the new trilogy? I think that's a bit of a different issue. Lucasfilm is doing their best to follow George's rules for the franchise, and IMO those rules haven't been broken. Rejecting his story treatments is a different beast altogether, especially if you consider that several people at Lucasfilm have clarified that a lot of George's ideas from the story treatments he wrote are somewhat being honored.

12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I want to see BB-8 adventures with 3PO since we know they were both in the Resistance, with Leia as the focus or a female character from Poe's squadron maybe.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Let's move on from whining about the inner mechanisms of LFL, George's vision, and the evil Disney overlords, shall we?