main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Forces of Destiny - Episode 27: Art History Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

While on a covert mission to free their people, Sabine and her brother risk everything to destroy an Imperial outpost that has defaced an important Mandalorian monument.

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It's neat that they're using FoD to fill in the blanks of other content. It would have been cool to get an extra episode in Mandalorian space with Sabine but that probably wouldn't have tied in well with the main story line of season 3.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Interesting. Looking forward to it.

Her armour looks MUCH better, too.

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Yes she did!

Never mess with a Mandalorian's obsession with art now imagine what Thrawn would have done instead!

6. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    So Sabine must actually be quite a few years older than Tristan. I'm guessing around 3-4 years.

Nice short. These are getting better.

7. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that some of the stories surrounding Tarre Vizsla are myths. Mandalorian folk lore. Fenn Rau says he became a jedi, but here Sabine says he was a Mandalorian ruler. I doubt the Jedi Order would allow one of their knights to rule a planet, or even a faction. That seems anti-Jedi. Then again, who knows what the Old Republic Jedi were like in canon?

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Here's my take on it, he's kinda like a anakin character. He was a jedi probaly the best they had like Anakin in skill and force powers, then he abonded them and becoming ruler of Mandalore, Mabye he's Mand'alore the ultimate. He migh have been the first of the lost 20's. He was both i believe, but how and why is the qouestion? He's a big legend among the Mandalorians and was popular among jedi. I believe that all the Vislas are his direct descended, and he cared more about Mandalore then a corrupt reppulic who the jedi served without qouestion.

9. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Tarre was inducted into the order like any other Jedi, so he must've been a Jedi first then become a Mandalorian.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    he was a Mandalorian first, who the Jedi Order inducted- at least that's how Rau told the story. It's possible he gave up his leadership, but I find it more likely the Jedi ran things differently back then. I imagine the Jedi Order became more and more centralized as time went on, until the Coruscant Temple became a permanent headquarters for their organization. If that's the case then it would be plausible that before such a restructuring, Jedi would be allowed to assume positions of leadership on planets throughout the galaxy like Mandalore, so the Jedi Order would have allies and places of refuge other than The Republic.
    There must have been a time before the Jedi were associated with the Republic when the Jedi were simply nomadic force users. Over time there would have been a transition where that nomadic group would become sedentary until eventually they exclusively became peacekeepers for the Republic and established a main temple at the Republic's capital.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  11. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    ? I'm pretty sure I remember a directors commentary saying he was inducted like the rest of the Jedi.

May have been Rebels Recon. Need to find it.

12. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Could be a special case, like Ki Adi Mundi from Legends. He had a ton of wives because the male to female birthrate was so low. I kinda hope they keep that, it made him more of an interesting character. And if Jedi can make exceptions for things like this from time to time, it would make the Jedi a whole lot more likable imo.

Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    A very good episode. Tristan seems to be a lot younger then Sabine. I did not get that feeling from Rebels. Anyway, it's interesting to see that Tarre used to be Mandalore. My bet is he was trained until he was a Jedi Knight/Master and while he was still a Jedi became ruler of Mandalore.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Hey, Mandalorian lore! This suddenly became more significant!

cwustudent and chrcharcor2 like this.