main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Forces of Destiny - Episode 6: The Imposter Inside Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Diego Lucas, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Ingenious use of bomb disposal from Ahsoka here

Other than that I'd say this one felt very flat. There are forks at this table THAT HANDMAIDEN IS EVIL ATTACK HER!!!

Seriously what was the changelings plan? Blow them up or have the guests stab each other with cutlery?

Also what's with the dark mark across Ahsoka's nose? I don't remember her having it in TCW?

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I guess they'll have to find a new handmaiden to set the dinner table.

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Loved it.
    "You know, you remind me a lot of Anakin sometimes". :)

5. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Great to see Padme in action - the animation for her was nicely done. Even for shorts, this one was very brief - it could have used another 30 seconds to flesh out the story.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Those are just freckles, to help point out that she's relatively youthful. Rey has them too.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The artwork has changed? Looks slightly different; seems more defined than the previous ones.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Definitively my favorite short so far, it feels so good to see Padme on-screen again.

padme.sky likes this.
  9. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    They gave up numbering the episodes. [face_rofl]

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Why did the attacker run away from the door rather than to it ?

Jedi Knight Fett and SilentGuy66 like this.
  11. padme.sky

padme.sky Jedi Padawan

Oct 30, 2016
    Strongest episode so far. Love it.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    One of my favorites. Nice seeing Padme preparing for a political negotiation role again.

As far as the changeling's plan, my guess is that the guests would feel insulted by being given a fork and the negotiations would fail in that way, bringing Padme down a few notches in the Senate. Or the changeling would let the guests feel insulted for a few minutes before bringing out the bomb.

I did laugh when the changeling brought the blaster out. "Whelp, no dinner party tonight, someone is going to have to clean up the mess."

Oh, and Padme? Keep your blaster at your side and you won't have to hit people with sculptures. Although I did enjoy that, along with Ahsoka deflecting the bolt and dissemating the bomb.

I thought "you remind me of Anakin" was a bit shoe-horned though.

cwustudent and SilentGuy66 like this.
  13. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Anyone else notice that Padme is wearing her least "senatorial" outfit during what's supposed to be a political dinner. I guess Padme's wardrobe is one of the casualities of cheap flash animation[face_dunno]

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

First plot hole confirmed.

Forces of Destiny is now a true part of the franchise ;)

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  15. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    "There's a bomb!"

Ummm, don't just stand next to it.

Jester J Binks likes this.
  16. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Assassin or troll? Why not both! :p

Big explosion tho. Meant to disintegrate everyone at the party? Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  17. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    What are the odds that Hidalgo will confirm via twitter that the changeling was Cato from the Holocron heist episode?

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    If Forces of Destiny are being treated as "missing scenes", then I see no objection to why that couldn't happen.

TheSithWriter and SilentGuy66 like this.
  19. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    My favorite thus far! Really felt like a little deleted scene from TCW! Great seeing Padmé and hearing Cat Taber back to do it!

TheSithWriter likes this.
  20. padme.sky

padme.sky Jedi Padawan

Oct 30, 2016
    So this episode brings Padme's canon survived assassination attempts to 7 or 8. LOL

cwustudent and SilentGuy66 like this.
  21. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    I took the crazy looking fork simply as the assassin was just putting out standard dining layout because ..... they aren't really a professional servant. That's it. Probably would have been fine with just about any other guest.

And she would have gotten away with it if not for the meddling kid (Ashoka).

If only these changelings just had a prison shiv.

22. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Nice to see Padme again, but I wish Natalie Portman would have done the voice. Its been 12 years since the PT and she got an Oscar, she can stop distancing herself from the franchise.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Good thing those bombs are always set to explode only when outside of range of sentient life.
    If it was me I wouldn’t have risked time and just thrown the entire table off the window. But what do I know, I’m clearly no Jedi. :p

Anyway, most interesting episode so far. I felt compelled to watch this one a second time. The others were meh. I know this is more a promotion of their dolls line, but I kinda wished they did a little more effort in putting some creativity and...uh, substance I guess.

24. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Personally I think the only reason the likes of Ridley and Jones are back voicing their characters in this series is because of an unknown contract stipulation.

Similar to how marvel stars HAVE to appear in so many movies. I'm guessing part of Ridley's contract is that alongside promoting the ST in interviews/ restricting what she can and can't say about her character she also HAS to lend her voice to whatever project lucasfilm ask of her.

I mean do you guys really think Harisson Ford wanted to do VA for Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens?

Natalie Portman on the other hand came before the time of multi-film/ project contracts sotherefore any chance of her returning for a star wars cartoon is highly unlikely as I don't imagine this series offers much $$$

25. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I've not really thought much of the other FOD episodes. I didn't hate them but I wasn't crazy about them either. This episode was good though. More Ahsoka and Padme is always good to see. Though it has got me wondering how many successful negotiations did Padme actually manage over her career? Nearly every time we've seen her try to negotiate anything someone either tries to kill her or something kicks off. It must be disheartening for her.

MrDarth0 and SilentGuy66 like this.