main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Forces of Destiny: New Animated Shorts Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Season 1 is now up on Disney's Youtube Channel:

BigAl6ft6 she didn't say it was a fine night for telling stories yet!!!:( Alas. That night... is not this night.

Anywho, I'm not sure if I agree with Maz's last statement about heroes. Although to be honest it is Maz, so maybe her standards are... iffy. Or she's secretly telling us she's got stories for the other side... muhaha....

BookExogorth and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Caught up on the more recent ones.
    Han’s “You! Ball!” line cracked me up.

The Yoda one seemed to lose a grip on the fortune cookie lesson dialogue but was otherwise nice. The Padme one was, eh.

3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Is it me or do all the female character models all look pretty much the same. For a cartoon showing female heroines this is a bit strange. It’s like telling all young girls you can only be heroines if you all look the same !

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    The influence of anime, probably.

fett 4 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Very interesting that she's wearing denim.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I can't watch the entire Volume 1 upload, it's been region locked. I'll never see what Maz is doing, ahhhh!!! :_|

8. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    For some reason only the Ahoska pictures had loaded in the post above mine when I saw this thread earlier, so this is in reference to Ahsoka, in case anyone is wondering.

9. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Just like the first book, Daring adventures, volume 2 expands upon 2 animated shorts.

Beasts of Echo base is more fleshed out starting with Leia meeting up with General Reikeen to plan defence strategies in case of an attack. As she does she bumps into Luke fixing a snowspeeder. He asks leia if she has seen Chewie who had promised to help him. He was 2 hours late.
    It's that request that prompts Leia to start looking and ties into the comm call from C3PO in the cartoon.

Jyns story is also expanded , explaining why she is on Garel. She is there to meet with a stranger to exchange credits for a data cube containing forged documentation, something Jyn is skilled in, there's some narrative about her parents and Saw and needing to survive too.
    After the exchange of 10,000 credits she then encounters the Storm troopers giving that little girl grief over the cat.

So, just some.extra info. I wonder if anyone has got Tales of Hope and Courage yet to see how the perspective change alters events or adds to the canon?

10. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  11. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  12. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Sabine and Jyn movie - make it happen!!

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Huh. They all seem to have these darker brushstrokes above the nose. I thought it was just a couple of them originally, but it's even on Sabine. Weird.

I was cool with this one. At least it had a message, brief as it was.

14. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I felt like they handled Jyn's character better in this short than in Strangers. It makes sense that she would be apprehensive towards giving something away that looked somewhat important, that she could possibly sell on the black market for credits. Then realizing that this girl did save her life, and possibly could have shot her dead right then and there makes more sense for her than to just randomly help out a random little girl who had lost her pet.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  15. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Per the new episode "An Imperial Feast",w e know that
    Hera is still alive as of 4 ABY, and probably participated in the Battle of Endor in some capacity.
    My apology if it's already been mentioned.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    General Organa? Did I miss something? Since when is Leia a general during ROTJ?

18. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Han is really getting neutered in the new canon isn't he! Remember when he was a wise cracking take no orders kind of guy? I mean he probably hasn't been with Leia (properly without a war getting in the way) a full day yet and he's already turned into a subservient errand boy for the wife

19. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    But they know each other for 3 years. And Han changed a lot since ESB (Leia said he is a natural leader and general Rieekan had respect for him). In RoTJ he already accept to be a general (maybe the offer was there before but he couldn't acept because he needed to go and pay Jabba)

unicorn and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Loved that episode. How cool was it seeing the Ghost and the Falcon sitting side by side, along with Hera chatting with Han (complete with the suggestion that they've known each other for some time). Looking forward to finding out what Hera has been up to between Scarif and Endor.

Barriss_Coffee and Endol like this.
  21. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    At least we learn that Herra won't die at the end of Rebels.

22. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Wow, the Ewoks really were going to eat the stormtroopers. That’s hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    I'm starting to think as soon as season 4 wraps the 5 comic series for Hera will be announced. That or a novel. They pulled the same move with Ahsoka in revels and her book .

A great episode, and I agree falcon and ghost together = awesome

Stymi likes this.
  24. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    Hera has been absolutely criminally neglected by SWR for most of its run, I would dearly love to see her get more content somewhere.

spicer likes this.
  25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

We knew that for some time actually.

Hera appeared in The Freemaker Adventures Season 2 which took place between ESB and ROTJ plus there was the easter egg with General Syndulla in Rogue One.