main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Forces of Destiny: New Animated Shorts Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Looks good :) Ahsoka and Anakin again good times.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    who is voicing Jyn this time, I didn't see Felicity Jones listed in the credits, be weird if they just forgot. I need more Felicity Jones in my life! Last movie I saw her in (aside from rewatching Rogue One) was Collide and that was terrible!

EDIT: EW dot com sez Jones is doing it, phew.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Nom von Anor likes this.
  3. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Interesting that we’ll see some more of Luke’s legendary training with Yoda. While the Legends EU explored this in detail, we never did find out how long Luke trained with Yoda. Maybe this short will give us a benchmark.

4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Certain people guesstimate a month or so.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Glad to see Maz in the original trilogy.

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    MercenaryAce and Ghost like this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Sorry for the double post.

MercenaryAce and Ghost like this.
  8. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Re: the episode with Leia and Maz:
    soooo... Leia, by sheer luck, just stumbles upon a bounty hunter who happens to be about her size? That's rather... convenient.

9. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Hasty Departure- Was that a First Order flamethrower? Hera waited WAY too long to jump from shuttle to shuttle.
    Unexpected Company- HA HA Ashoka was @#!blocking
    Shuttle Shock- Those giant jellyfish remind me of Hydroid Medusas
    Jyn's Trade- I forget the name of that little creature's species
    Run Rey Run- Rey is a true hero!
    Bounty Hunted- Don't like Leia's voice but damn is she strong!!! Love Maz being the help in the original trilogy.
    The Path Ahead- Intense training. Luke's voice sounds too old....
    Porg Problems- This is where Rey learns TK. Could the Porgs get even more cute?
    All in all, this batch was much better than the first "season"

10. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    My 4 year old daughter loved them, especially Rey with the Porgs it was double the adorableness.

I liked the Leia story.
    does it work timeline with Moving Target , I can't recsll?

Also I read somewhere that Finn and Rose only knew about BB8 being on board until they landed on canto bight or did I make that up? !!

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yoda saying "Come, come. Up we go!" and holding his arms out like a baby is perhaps one of the weirdest or cutest things I've ever seen. I can't decide which. [face_laugh]

12. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    That looked like skorr is it him?? in the leia part !

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Definitely noticed that too.

14. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    And is the planet Ord Mantell?

Nom von Anor, Revanfan1 and BobaMatt like this.
  15. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    If you're going to tell that story in two minutes, the "he's the right size, wow what a coincidence" method is probably a better way to go than investing screen time in a "Leia has to take in Boushh's armor" subplot.
    It looks like him, that's for sure. He's at 0:14 for those who want to check out the cameo.

The two guys talking to Maz at the beginning appear to be Unkar Plutt's goons, or at least use the same character models.
    I was curious about that, and I think you might be right. Good catch!

Nom von Anor and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    In addition to Skorr or his lookalike, is that a Lepi on the opposite side of the frame?

[​IMG]

17. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Absolutely noticed Jaxxon and Skor. (Or...is that Lepi a lady?)

So this planet and this particular marketplace show up in a bunch of these shorts, yeah?

And...man it's nice to hear Mark as young Luke, even if his voice is older. The way he whines "Master Yoda" brought me back.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  18. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Yeah, Mark channelling young Luke was really impressive, especially considering he's just finished playing Grumpy Old Man Luke. That one and Porg Problems were pretty dang charming.

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    StoryWorthTelling likes this.
  20. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    Has anyone heard anything about Blu Ray releases for this show? Maybe they'll delay intou the whole thing is over because of length, but it's be a cool thing to have at some point.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The Hera/Sabine and the Anakin/Padme/Ahsoka ones were the best of the bunch, at least in my view. The former made me miss Rebels some more, and the latter was just funny.

Sadly, I did not much enjoy the Leia one -- I think my problem with it is that I enjoy these as one-off stories and character moments, and using Leia's to explain something that didn't need explaining hurt it.

The Rey one with the porgs was alright, but it would've been better with her annoying the space nuns some more. That was great.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  22. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    These shorts definitely keep getting better and better. So they plan to just keep these running for as long as possible?

23. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    The Luke-Yoda one is interesting in that it seems to introduce some kind of 'Force navigation' - not just 'seeing' through the Force, but using it to find the right path through what to anyone else is a big jumble.

I wonder if the porg that Rey levitates is the one that Chewie forms a bond with?

And given the presence of Maz on Ord Mantell, I wonder if she's the bounty hunter that changed Han's mind about paying back Jabba - not by trying to capture him for Jabba but by actually telling him, "Maybe you should take care of that debt."

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought these were better animated, the fight scenes are more fluid, and actually felt like more insightful, meaningful looks into moments the characters have than the first run so that's a bonus.

I did kinda get this weird feeling that Finn and Rose ran into the space creatures from TNG's Encounter At Farpoint. Canto Bight is Farpoint Station and they've kept the monsters locked up for power all this time! It makes perfect sense!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    jSarek and tatooinesandworm like this.
  25. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Is it just me or does the Anakin-Padme-Ahsoka episode pretty much confirm that Anakin and Padme's secret marriage is considered obvious (I've had my suspicions since Mace Windu said in ROTS "Don't listen to him [Palpatine], Anakin!" without being too surprised, in addition to Obi-Wan saying without surprise "Anakin is the father, isn't he?". They would understand Padme enough that she wouldn't necessary have children out of wedlock and Anakin is the most obvious candidate in their minds).

BigAl6ft6 and Daneira like this.