main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars **Forces**

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li
    Garrison Interior, Ciutric IV

Rasa crouched down near the opening she had just made, waiting for Lord Nelf, as she kept up her guard. Her ears were perked forward, listening to more strange noises.

"Get down there! Don't wait for me." Lord Nelf yelled at her. She simply snorted as Lord Nelf moved, and the strange droid started once more to shoot towards her. She had enough of the annoying thing, and now it was trying to send more shots at her. Now that Lord Nelf had done finally decided to stop hanging a ride from the front of the annoying machine, (Might have something to do with the flames now coming from the front of the machine, and very close to Lord Nelf,) Rasa once more Force slapped the machine aside, but this time, sending it back the way it came, as hard as she could slam it.

Satisfied with the sound the nice crunchie sounds the machine made, when she slapped it, she gracefully leaped down into the opening she had cut, and landed on the sheet she had cut free. Rasa quickly moved, as she did not want Lord Nelf suddenly landing on her head, so she stepped into the corridor, looking down the same direction they had been traveling above. She looked around, waiting for her eyes to adjust, or the lights to come on, her lightsaber in her hands, but unlit for the moment. Her eyes squinted, as she looked about, her ears laid back flat. She was certainly getting a training workout this day.

"Thiiss looks prrrromising..." she grunted.

Tag: Lord Nelf

OOC: If I read that wrong, and Lord Nelf is STILL on the droid, then she would hold until he cleared it..not wanting to risk smushing master into said corridors! :p

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lord Nelf, garrison corridor

Nelf got enough of his weight onto the balls of his feet to push himself off the droideka, ducking his head under the overhang, but as he ignited his blade and spun to take the still-working laser cannon, he felt Rasa’s Force Push brush past him to send the automaton bouncing far up the corridor in a passable impression of a pinball machine!

The second droideka rolled into view, scant seconds afterwards, stopping and deploying legs at the corridor junction than getting as close as its predecessor.

Nelf turned back to the hole his apprentice had just jumped gracefully into, and dove for the dark circle as laser bolts zhinged over him, stitching noisy impact craters along the wall as he slithered arms and head-first into the gap, somersaulting in the darkness to land in a squat beside Rasa, his lightsabre held horizontally in front of his face as he activated the crimson blade of humming plasma.

It took his eyes a few moments to adjust, and when he did, the light from the weapon was reflected in dozens of pairs of pinprick eyes close to the floor, their owners concealed by the darkness.

"Friends of yours?" He quipped, listening intently.

The noise of the lasers from upstairs ceased, which told him the second droideka was probably walking down the hallway, probably for a better look at the hole. He hoped it didn't have friends down here.

Tag: Rasa

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li
    Garrison Interior, Ciutric IV

Rasa stood, scanning the area below, when she heard the sound of blaster fire above, and then seconds afterwards, Lord Nelf somersaulted in the darkness to land in a squat beside Rasa, his lightsabre held horizontally in front of his face as he activated the crimson blade of humming plasma.

"Showoffff...." she stated softly.

His lightsaber blade illumated the area around them, and Rasa also noted the dozens of pairs of pinprick eyes close to the floor, their owners concealed by the darkness. "Friends of yours?" He asked her.

Rasa's only response was a low rumble in her throat, as she chuckled softly. Well, she certainly would not have to worry about starving. Lucky for the tiny creatures, she wasnt hungry..or desperate. Her ears picked up the fact that it had gotten quiet above them. Rasa turned on her saber, and moved forward, down the corridor. She was about to use her light, but decided to wait until they were a distance away from the hole she had made, in case the annoying droids tried to shoot at them through the hole. The museum was beginning to lose it charms on her quickly.

Rasa began to walk in the same direction they had been going upstairs. "Mayyybe they knoww wherrre to finnnd what you looking foorrrrr?" Rasa replied, as she began to search for another exit on this floor.

4. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    IC: Kiza (Kiri Zatul), Hotel Manarai, Coruscant (Later that evening)

Well. That had gone over well. Better than she had hoped for, Kiza thought to herself, as she laid back in her room, kicking her boots off, as she stretched her lithe body across the bed in her quarters. She leaned back, and studied her datapad. The being called Wraith had quite a background story. Her contact had told her quite a bit of course, as usual. But her little test had told her even more. Wraith used the Force. And even of more interesting aspect, was that he too, touched the darkness. He had matched her blow for blow, and Kiza was quite sure that he had a few secrets of his own. Especially at the end of her test, when he had mirrored her move exactly. Interesting. Why would a high level hunter be so interested in working with the Senator's aide? Why not the Senator? Obviously, he could afford someone of Wraith's skill. And she knew that other Senator's were also hiring. So obviously, the being called Wraith was here for something else. A tasty dark puzzle. Could he be after the same information as she? It was possible, but right now, she felt that it was highly unlikely for the moment. And right now, Kiza had gotten some good responses from her own contacts as well on more information about the glyphs she was interested in. It would indeed be unfortunate, but she would keep an eye on him for now. he rolled over, looking at her datapad. So far, the evening had gone well. She had checked on her ship after she had left Sledon's office. His discussion with Senator Tesslor was quite animated, and she had enjoyed the show immensely. Old man Tesslor left no doubts who was in charge. Sledon's ountourage was shorted quite a bit, much to the dismay of a few of his guards. But to be fair, Sledon did find them other jobs, either as part of his group, or to other Senators, who were still looking for protection of any type. But Kiza, Wraith or Grunt were not moved. Not that she was worried. She might have even considered working for Tesslor, but she did not want a high profile job. Not while she was doing her research. The next week, there were to be some high levels meetings due in the current week, so they would soon be quite busy. She could imagine how packed the Senate would be. The last thins she had done, was to make sure Wraith's paperwork was put in, and processed, so that when he showed up at 7pm, there would be no problems with him getting through security. Kira desided on an early night. After a quick work-out, of course.

Senator's Row, Block #139176, Coruscant - Mathor Sledon's office, (Next Day, 6am)

Kiza was busy speaking with the regular secretary that worked for Sledon. She had made sure that documents that needed to be processed were. She then looked up their 'detail' schedule. Oh so boring. But there was a tasty bit later on. After the Senate business, the pair with appropriate guards of course, were to visit some of the area 'destroyed' by the supposed Sith. They were going to visit some other areas as well. That might have something useful. She hoped annoying Jedi were not going to be there. But so far, they had stayed far away so far. They were almost apathetic. And that suited her just fine. The Jedi were not something she needed to contend with right now. All she wanted was her information that would allow her to do more of her research data. Anything else was just extra rewards. Kira sat down, crossing her legs, as she sat in a grayish suit, especially tailored for her. Her blue line markings over her nose and cheeks,and a diamond on her forehead were clear ahd sharp. Her bodysuit/bodyarmor with a cloak, that flowed over her shoulders also tastefully done. She sipped a cup of hot caffa sitting next to her. Yes, the visit would once again put them neary the library. And perhaps closer to her contacts findings. Duly noted, things semed to be shaping up quite nicely. She waited for Wraith to appear. She would bet 100 credits that he would be in early. Time to make the hired help, earn their pay. Kiza chuckled at the thought.

Mathor Sledon's Personal Quarters, Coruscant

Things were getting too complicated. After Senator Tesslor's colossal carcass chewing session, he was lucky to leave with what security detail he had left. Interestingly enough, the Senator didnt seem to mind the ones he insisted on keeping. Maybe the Senator had heard something he had not? The other aides had been busy talking about the emergency session that the Senators of Sector Green had gone to. It had not been a very civilized discussion either. With so much going on, he had not even had a chance to discover anything more about his prize. It would have to wait for now. The Holonets and the informal senate channels were abuzz with information. And the bounty that had been put out on this Sith only made it more so. So he would have to wait. After all, once this came out, he would be looking for another spot of his own. No more working under the shadow of the 'Great' Senator Tesslor. Time to make his own mark in history. He could almost thank the Sith for this opportunity.

Elsewhere, The Den
    An elegantly gloved hand moved in the darkness, as dark eyes watched the monitors that surrounded them. No, this bit of news was quite unsettling. And he had his own personal investments to secure. It would not do, to have such disruptions to his schedule. He informed his contacts. Anything was to be directed back to him. If someone was so foolish to try anything, the bounty on them, would make the one the others were putting on that paltry Sith seem pale in comparison.

TAG: Lord Anguish, anyone who wishes to join in, GM

Rainbow Knight Star and Sith-I-5 like this.
  5. Lord Anguish

Lord Anguish Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    IC: Anguish (Later that evening)
    District 1313

Even here in the bowels of Coruscant, things progressed as they would. Within the hide-out of the Sith Assassin, two shadowy figures looked on to a multiplicity of screens and holodisplays. Both cloaked figures, enshrouded in shadow, perceived each other through glowing eyes one was more likely to find inside the skulls of stygian creatures, and stood in sharp contrast to the bevy of technological devices surrounding them.

The one wrapped in skin akin to alabaster was the first to speak.

"I see your mission has gone well, Necros. Now that we have the detailed data on all the public places our target generally frequents, I would like the same of every place he goes to in private. Schematics, schedules, systems… you know what I require. Once you have that, research any security upgrades- on and off the market- and any increase in energy expenses. You know what I'm looking for."

Anguish walked up to the terminal a few meters before him and uploaded some data from a diminutive data chip.

"My targeting visor was able to capture these images. I want detailed information on these individuals. I wish to know what you can find on this ugly creature, but especially, I wish data on 'her'. Use the identifying ID tag provided to begin a cross-search."

Necros wordlessly nodded his hooded head.

"I must now venture out to find some much needed…'exercise'." Anguish's malevolent smirk could freeze a flowing bed of molten rock on mustafar.

"Find me once your work here is done."

Without waiting for a response, the Sith Assassin turned and retreaded into the shadows and disappeared from conventional perception. After a beat, he one called 'Necros', stepped before the terminal and with a speed beyond that of any mere mortal, set out to accomplish the task set upon him.

Much later after his 'exercise', the nagai devoted his time to deep meditation. His focus was his prize, and nothing would keep him from it. Anguish would accomplish this as only one worthy of the darkside would.

IC: Wraith (Anguish)
    Senator's Row, Block#139176, Coruscant- Mathor Sledon's office. 6:30 a.m. ( Next Day)

Wraith had arrived in the area at 6:00 a.m. but decided not to show himself exactly at that time. From a distance he merely observed and felt. There wasn't much to report, beside the usual morning traffic of those heading to their respective destinations, and that in itself was significant. He had already received electronic confirmation of employment, so as of that moment, he was 'part of the family'. The nagai smirked as he mused at the paltry entry level security clearance he was probably granted as a temporary measure, and was confident he would be upgraded as soon as he officiated his presence to the security detail.

Armed to the teeth as he was the day before, smirk in place, Wraith silently jumped down for his perch and then rounded the corner in plain view of the guard at the entrance. These two were different from the previous pair. Both regarded him calmly as he approached. One stepped forth as it became clear he was walking towards them, while the other moved his weapon from a slung position and held it in both hands, in a patrol or carrying position.

"Hold." Said the first guard, firmly, yet respectfully.

Wraith did as asked and cocked his head to one side as he adjusted his targeting visor. His free hand was in plain sight.

"State your business."

"At ease my friends. I'm Wraith, and I work here now." the nagai stated knowingly.

"Front desk, confirm new arrival." The first guard requested as he kept his eyes on the pale and darkly clad being. As he waited, he scrutinizing gaze was fairly obvious. Wraith simply smiled at him.

[Subject Wraith confirmed. He's being expected. Entry is granted.]

The guard raised an eyebrow then stepped aside. "You may pass."

Wraith moved forward, and as he did so, he spoke to the guard in a confidential tone. "Try to relax. Being so stiff slows your reaction time."

The guard's other eyebrow went up, but the nagai was already going through the door.

Wraith walked in, with an easy gait and confidence in his step. He was a professional, doing a professional job. As usual, he scanned the area visually and by special means, especially now that he knew there were hidden areas. At the moment, nothing seemed 'out of the ordinary', and there was no sign of that dashed eye-sore; however, once his gaze fell on Kiza, he slowed his pace in order to take in the full effect.

The woman was 'smartly dressed'. That is to say, she wore body armor, a cloak and what appeared like tribal markings to him. The diamond either made for a target or a means of distraction…or maybe there was more to it. Either way, the sight was impressive, and Wraith acknowledged her with a smile and a small flourish as he bowed.

"Forgive me if I am a bit early, but such is my custom. Especially on the first day." The nagai declared amiably.

"I m willing to wait for the appointed time to begin our business."

Though his manner was easy, he carefully watched the seated female sipping her caffa. This one liked being in control, or so it seemed. He didn't have an issue with that at the moment, so he patiently waited to receive his next instructions and be fully inducted into Sledon's security team.

One step at a time, One step at a time… He thought to himself.

The knowing smirk became more pronounced for all to see.

Tag:HunterPrime

Rainbow Knight Star and Sith-I-5 like this.
  6. echo_girl_94

echo_girl_94 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 18, 2011
    IC: Mariel Rian, Jedi Temple, Coruscant

"Or maybe you just never knew it in the first place?" Knight Be'orar offered a different explanation for her confusion.

Mariel shrugged. "Could be, I guess. It's....yeah, it's probably nothing."

TAG: Gaan (@ The_Zeltron)

7. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    IC: Master Wan Roland and Master Joy: Forces of Light Interior -- Master Joy's Quarters~

Master Joy answered Darious, looking directly into his eyes. "We would like to know what happened after you found Former Jedi Knight Rid Malt and Master Gaan."

Master Roland added with a concerned expression on his face, "Jedi Councilor Shayla Breian hasn't returned yet. Do you have any idea where she might be?"

The two leaders awaited the young Jedi's response, sitting extremely still, and not moving, with their eyes focused on him.

TAG:

Jedi_MasterSkywalker

8. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    IC: Darius Baron - Forces of Light Academy - Coruscant

Darius watched as the Masters conferred with each other over his question and then finally Master Joy looked at him and responded.

"We would like to know what happened after you found former Jedi Knight Rid Malt and Master Gaan."

Master Roland then added, "Jedi Councilor Shayla Breian hasn't returned yet. Do you have any idea where she might be?"

Darius thought about his response for a moment before saying, "Masters, after I tracked them to Dathomir we were confronted by a man that seemed to be a former Jedi. He was coy in his responses when I asked about his past and his intentions were clearly malicious towards us. This former Jedi had a strange focus on Master Gaan as well, they have a previous relatiionship that she would not discuss with me. I have no doubt that she helped him escape when I made clear he was to return with us here to the temple for questioning. I even went as far as declaing him under arrest until he took Master Gaan hostage thinking we could not see what he was doing. It was obvious Masters. He then escaped to an X-wing figher and made for space, his destination was unknown. I feel that he will return for Master Gaan as their business seemed far from over.

As for Rid Malt, he was not acting like himself which made things incresingly difficult, he was not helping the situation. I leave his fate to your wisdom.

Master Shayla and I had a disagreement about the situation. I preached patience and she was head strong and wanted to bring back the stranger with more force let's say. I know not where she went after the events of Dathomir.

In conclusion all I can say is that we have head strong Jedi that do not listen to orders and have pasts they do not wish to reveal. I cannot blame them for that as my own past is checkered much in the same way, but there is the threat in that man we encountered. He will return and we will have to deal with hi,. Also there is always the threat of the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Furio. I know he still has a part to play in all of this. Darkness surrounds us Masters we must be ready."

TAG: Rainbow Knight Star

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lord Nelf, Imperial Garrison corridor

The Inquisitor wasn’t exactly overjoyed at the dark corridor surrounding them, nor the creatures illuminated in the glow of his lightsabre.

He recalled surviving his earliest levels, One to Nine, killing rats with a club, and selling their tails and fur to make some coppers, enough to feed himself on, and outfit him with rough clothes.

He did not regard the time as the happiest of his long life, so finding them here..., he shuddered with a bit of revulsion, then sat back from his squat, crossing his legs, ready to change around his spells.

Rasa was already walking away, “ Mayyybe they knoww wherrre to finnnd what you looking foorrrrr?

Nelf smiled in the darkness. She had some funny ideas. “Maybe. But how would we ask them?

He closed his eyes, and quickly memmed Skin Like Steel and Shield of Thistles, opening his eyes and rising before the rats or whatever this vermin was, got any ideas, especially culinary ideas.

The hallway brightened momentarily, twice, as he cast the Skin spells on himself, then he jogged to catch up with Rasa, his boots slipping on something hard on the floor.

We need to think about getting down to the next floor. Six more decks down to the prize.” He generated a fireball, and floated it along the corridor ahead of them, looking for the crossroads, which he indeed saw that they were over a dozen metres short off.

The orange glow revealed something that it illuminated only briefly on its way down to the other end. Looked…looked like a humanoid rib cage.

Ah, sith.” He glanced back at Rasa “Now don’t panic. Any objection to me making you impervious to rat bites?” He prepared himself to cast the buff as soon as she gave permission.

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li
    Imperial Garrison Corridor, Ciutric IV

Rasa's ears were perked forward, looking at the multitude of shiny eyes now eying the pair. She walked forward, scanning the area in front of them.

Mayyybe they knoww wherrre to finnnd what you looking foorrrrr?”she teased as she searched the area in front of them. She heard Lord Nelf's response in the darkness.

Maybe. But how would we ask them? Hmmmm. Good point. Her tail swished gently, as she tried to think of a comeback for his statement. But she could not at the moment. Did everyplace around here have its own smell? As Rasa gently snorted, she heard Lord Nelf speak once more.

We need to think about getting down to the next floor. Six more decks down to the prize. Well, That was good to know. Suddenly the area behind her lit up, and she turned to see that Lord Nelf had generated a fireball, and was floated it along the corridor ahead of them, looking for the crossroads, which they indeed saw that they were over a dozen meters short off. She watched as the fireball floated down the corridor. She had never heard or seen such a thing in the Jedi temple before, so it was quite fascinating to watch. She wondered if she could learn how to do that. There was also something else in the water on the floor as well.

Ah, sith. Nelf stated as he glanced back at Rasa. Now don’t panic. Any objection to me making you impervious to rat bites?
    Both ears went up in surprise. Did he see something she did not? She slowly nodded. "Noooooo objections. Mmmme not like rats. Unlesss Immmm chasing themmmmm." Rasa replied through gritted teeth. She stared at the tiny eyes on the ground, and gave a deep growl in warning. If those little things tried to bite her, she might consider payback! So why did he say dont panic? Was there perhaps MAY more of the things..or perhaps even larger ones?

She rescanned the immediate area once more through the Force, checking to see if perhaps she was missing something Lord Nelf had perhaps picked up on. She held up her own lightblade, and decided to hold her position until he was finished doing whatever it was he did, before she would press forward once more. Her tail swished once more, as she peered out in the darkness.

"Six mmmooore levels to go, hmmmm? We neeed faster way downnn." she murmured softly as she gave the idea some thought.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Black Ball (nrc), the Forces of Light Academy

The floating black sphere paused in its search, a flat green line on one of it's internal monitors spiking as sound was detected.

Sensors tuned into the sound, picking out voices.

-"Shayla Breian hasn't returned yet. Do you have any idea where she might be?"

The globe picked up speed, the corridor blurring past as it zeroed in on the source of the voice, pushing into a room to find some of the Temple's occupants' conferring.

"In conclusion all I can say is that we have head strong Jedi that do not listen to orders and have pasts they do not wish to reveal. I cannot blame them for that as my own past is checkered much in the same way, but there is the threat in that man we encountered. He will return and we will have to deal with him. Also there is always the threat of the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Furio. I know he still has a part to play in all of this. Darkness surrounds us Masters we must be ready."

This last part, at least, was recorded for later perusal. Especially the bit about this Darth Furio fellow. Sounded like someone worth researching.

Greetings, Jedi. The ball announced from the entrance with an artificial male voice. I was going to wait for you to notice me, but since I made it in this far without being challenged, I figured, feth it, life is too short. There was a long pause, then: Well, if this is not 1014 Reservoir Coast Highway, this could be embarrassing.

Tag: Jedi_MasterSkywalker, Rainbow Knight Star

OOC: Reservoir Coast Highway line is a homage to the 1014 Pacific Coast Highway scene in Loaded Weapon, when John McLane gets his trailer shot up. Apparently Coruscant has no natural bodies of water, only reservoirs.

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

Rasa did not object to his offer of buffing her, and in his minds eye, as he cast the first spell, the corridor wall glowing blue as sparkles of that colour momentarily showered over the Cathar, and a grey shield-shaped icon with green spikes appeared next to her lifeline.

He cast Skin Like Steel afterwards, and was about to follow her, when a distressed squealing from his boot attracted his attention.

He looked down, lowering the lightsabre blade that way to see, and found a rodent on its side, pawing frantically at its own mouth.

"See that." He allowed the blade to illuminate the unlucky rat. "Anything tries to munch you, gets a mouth full of thistles Now let's try to find some stairs or another way down." He walked up to and past her.

He strode on several metres, then sent another fireball forwards, to help him zero in on the crossroads. The far end, perhaps three hundred metres away, was a small illuminated orange square, lit up by the two flame-splashed areas.

The luminescence was not nearly enough to be any use

"Six mmmooore levels to go, hmmmm? We neeed faster way downnn." Rasa murmured softly.

"Agreed. Who knows what is going on on Imperial Centre whilst I...we, are trying to get Ysanne sorted. I just hope my people are holding things down okay."

On reaching the crossroads, Nelf looked round the corners into darkness, not being able to see anything, even when he waved his lightsabre in the direction.

"Your former master called me Sith, Girl." He glanced around at the sqeaking darkness. "If indeed I was, I'd light these little buggers up as a motile light source."

A sudden thought occurred to him, and he rapped the wall with his knuckles, listening for either a solid or a hollow sound, the latter might indicate the presence of a room or a shaft that they could use.

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li

Rasa's ears perked up, as she watched him concentrate, and then suddenly a wall of glowing blue sparkles seemed to shower her. This was different than the thing he did when he had healed her. It did not make her fur stand out on end, and make her feel like a gigantic puff ball. This was a different sensation, but nothing unpleasant. She found herself wanting to purr like mad, after the effects of the light show wore off. She would have to remember to ask him, if that skill was something that she could learn or not. She hoped so. It looked quite - unique. She tilted her head as the lights dimmed once more. She then pulled out her little light source .

She heard a small sound, and looked when Lord Nelf called out to her.

"See that." He allowed the blade to illuminate the unlucky rat. She looked down, following his lightsaber blade to see a rodent on its side, pawing frantically at its own mouth. "Anything tries to munch you, gets a mouth full of thistles Now let's try to find some stairs or another way down." He walked up to and past her.

She watched the creature for a second, and then turned to follow Lord Nelf. He strode on several meters, then sent another fireball forwards, to help him zero in on the crossroads. The far end, perhaps three hundred meters away, was a small illuminated orange square, lit up by the two flame-splashed areas. It was still pretty dark, even to her eyes.

"Six mmmooore levels to go, hmmmm? We neeed faster way downnn." Rasa murmured softly. "Agreed. Who knows what is going on on Imperial Centre whilst I...we, are trying to get Ysanne sorted. I just hope my people are holding things down okay." Rasa thought about Coruscant...what he called Imperial Centre..the main city? She was pretty sure his folks could handle things, even if she had only briefly met them. Lord Nelf didnt seem the type to put up with too much with incompentence. Her tail swished happily with that thought...

"Ugh!' The urge to purr was coming back again. She flattened her ears, refusing to let it win, as she followed Lord Nelf. On reaching the crossroads, Nelf looked round the corners into darkness, not being able to see anything, even when he waved his lightsaber in the direction. His voice broke into the darkness once more. "Your former master called me Sith, Girl." He glanced around at the squeaking darkness. "If indeed I was, I'd light these little buggers up as a motile light source."

'Oooh'! Rasa thought to herself. If they had tried to chew on them, she might have enjoyed that thought, but at the moment, she was just glad he didnt do it. Rasa gave a strong snort, as she held her tongue. Any mention of her 'former master' seemed to bother her still. Yes, she was quick to call someone a Sith. All talk, and no action. The thought made Rasa's ears drop down even lower, even as she kept silent. Rasa was very grateful to be away from the temple, even now. She was learning more now, than she had been the months before. And the thoughts of how she had to put up with all that....

Rasa stopped her train of thought, before the growl she felt building escaped her lips. Instead, she put her focus back on the problem at hand, as a sound caught her attention. Lord Nelf was busy knocking the wall with his knuckles, listening closely for what sound he heard. Rasa reached down, and turned on her light, and then gently levitated it up, to provide them with a bit more light. Rasa thought about the tiny creatures in the hallway. They had to come from someplace. Might be only a grate or air vent, but it could lead them in the direction they needed to go.

Raga pointed towards the creatures. "Theeeeyyy had to commmme frrrommm sommeplace. Mayybe theey showw us how they get herrre?" Rasa said with a grin. She then turned towards a few that were near her.

"hherrrrnnnnn....GRRROOOWWWWLLLLLL!!!" Rasa's voice dropped in a deadly low register, as she let out the sound of a very hungry and ticked off predator, who was quite willing to make a snack of the tiny little creatures as she stomped in their direction. Not very often did Rasa drop to such 'base' primal mode, but right now, she was tired of all this stomping around, and of this dark, wet, smelly place. Hopefully, the creatures would scurry off, and she could see which way they ran. She put a bit of the Force into her efforts as well. She wanted to scare them off, so they would run.

'SO RUN!' she thought to herself, and into the Force, as she waited to see where they would scatter.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lord Nelf, Garrison Corridor

The half-elf was liking this situation with the rats, or whatever they were, less and less, especially since his flying fireball had picked out the rib cage.

He felt like a forensic scientist, working with a mystery trigger, trying to find what would set it off. Though this time, the opposite was true.

The rats pretty obviously regarded this dark, dank place as their territory, and he figured they had eaten the owner of those bones.
    So, had they attacked the person, or had the person been put down by someone or something else, or weakened by the traps within the structure, enough for the rats to see him, her or it as a safe meal.

He was slightly grateful for Rasa's levitated light, for it helped him see along the wall he was tapping, spying a long diagonal crack in the black permacite, coming down from above and to the right of him, down past his left knee, with - he aimed the tip of his lightsabre at the floor - with a triangular hole at the base.

He knelt, feeling the disgusting damp of the floor soaking into the knee of his suit, as he spied the mouldering corpses of two or more rats that had gotten wedged in the hole, probably from trying to escape through it in a panic while not observing single file protocols.

Then again, what species, sentient or not, observed that when panicking.

"hherrrrnnnnn....GRRROOOWWWWLLLLLL!!!"

He froze, listening for a repeat of that non-verbal threat out of some primeval- he noted Rasa stomping and felt her Force command to run, though apart from a bristling of fur across the carpet of the little buggers, there was no discernable reaction from the rodents.

Not so, him.

Nelf spun from the wall, glaring at the Cathar! "That was you?! C'Boath, Girl, you scared the sith, if I had any, out of me! Don't do that!" He turned back to the wall, then reversed almost immediately to face her again, "Or yes, you can do that, it can be a useful skill to practise, Apprentice, forcing a feeling of despair onto an opponent during a lightsabre duel, by any means, although I daresay the Jedi Order would frown upon it. Sith even have a name for it: Dun Moch." The Inquisitor felt his lungs noticeably deflate at the length of his diatribe, and had to take a deep breath to get enough back to speak again.

He went arms akimbo to gesture at the rat carpet, his voice high and breaking with stress. "But not here! We are outnumbered by several orders of frag, to one, and we are in their living room." He looked imploringly at the young student, "If anything you should be trying to calm them down, persuading them that we mean no harm, we're friends, and we are not here to steal their cheese!"

Hisssss

Lord Nelf looked around the darkness. "Well, that is interesting; they know the word 'cheese'."

Hissssssssss

The sound seemed to roll down the corridor, further than the meagre illumination afforded by her lumi and their lightsabres.

Nelf gestured with a finger to turn the light over to where it bathed his face, and mouthed a silent command up to his apprentice: Do Not Mention The Word Cheese.

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li

Wow.

Several things happened that Rasa was not expecting. She was hoping that her little growl, would cause the creatures to scurry, and they would find a way out of the place. Well, she was certainly surprised, as now as her light floated along, she saw that there were more ... A LOT more of the furry little creatures than she had first thought. Second, the only response was a bristle of fur.. no no running or anything else for that matter. Well, THAT was disappointing. But the biggest surprise of all came from Lord Nelf.

Lord Nelf spun from the wall, glaring at her! "That was you?! C'Boath, Girl, you scared the sith, if I had any, out of me! Don't do that!" She shrank back from the admonishment, and her ears went backwards. He turned back to the wall, then reversed almost immediately to face her again, "Or yes, you can do that, it can be a useful skill to practice, Apprentice, forcing a feeling of despair onto an opponent during a lightsaber duel, by any means, although I daresay the Jedi Order would frown upon it. Sith even have a name for it: Dun Moch."

'OH?' Well, that did sound interesting, but she was more upset that her little plan had failed, and instead she had managed to get a response from her Master. NOT quite what she wanted. Her shoulders sagged as her ears went down, and her tail wrapped around her waist, when he continued to speak once more.

He went arms akimbo to gesture at the rat carpet, his voice high and breaking with stress. "But not here! We are outnumbered by several orders of frag, to one, and we are in their living room." He looked imploringly at the young student, "If anything you should be trying to calm them down, persuading them that we mean no harm, we're friends, and we are not here to steal their cheese!"

<<Hisssss>>

Rasa was nodding in agreement when she heard the strange sound as well. Her fur began to bristle. That did NOT sound good. She quickly began to send out GOOD vibrations and feelings within the Force, stressing the point very well that they were not here to harm a single hair on ANYTHING down in the sewers. She might not see anything, but her ears picked up the sounds quite well. That didnt sound like it came from anything small.

Lord Nelf looked around the darkness. "Well, that is interesting; they know the word 'cheese'."

<<Hissssssssss>>

Rasa gulped softly. 'Nice .. nice, play nice.' she thought to herself, and info the Force. She gave a soft, apologetic throaty sound, to accent the thought. 'Friendly, yes, we're friends..'. She channeled her old Master, trying to sound at least mentally, nice and peaceful. She might have some snacks, but no cheese, and nothing that would probably satisfy these guys. Too many.

The sound of the hiss seemed to roll down the corridor..hopefully, NOT in the direction that they needed to go.

Nelf gestured with a finger to turn the light over to where it bathed his face, which Rasa promptly did, and watched as Lord Nelf mouthed a silent command up to his apprentice: Do Not Mention The Word Cheese.

Rasa nodded rapidly, as she looked around her. The word CHEESE was farthest from her mind. Meat..as in dead meat, or what they might become was what she was thinking of.

"Ummmm... Do I neeed to mmmmake another hole?" she asked him, her lightsaber ready to make another exit, as she held it low, just in case whatever was hissing decided to come investigate.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lord Nelf, Garrison Corridor

Nelf considered the girl's offer of digging another hole with her lightsabre.

"This was a working garrison once," he mused aloud, "with real people working and living here. They must have had ways of easily getting between floors without having to cut holes in the floor."

He ignored his wall now, giving up the tapping for a hollow spot as a fruitless exercise. They wanted to go down, not sideways.

His eyes re-focussed and he looked at the Cathar. "Dig if you want, My Apprentice. Me, I am going to look for a turbolift shaft, or an antigrav chute, or something."

With that pronouncement, he turned from Rasa and gestured to the rat carpet, Force Pushing several dozen from his path and up against the left wall, where the hissing, squeaking mass scrambled over each other, a few scurrying across his path as he walked in the direction of the junction.

17. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    IC: Kiza (Kiri Zatul), Hotel Manarai, Coruscant

Ah, mornings. Unfortunately, they happened so early in the day. Kiza gave a huge stretch. It would be a long day. Not that she would have much to deal with Wraith, but her own research as well. Also, she had noticed that the Senator's and Sledon's scheduled seemed quite busy today. The Senate was having another 'emergency' meeting. Kiri snorted. If the Senate actually did something, as opposed to just having meetings, perhaps they could get something done. But all it was, was useless squable. But if it kept them busy, and out of her way, so be it. Kiza ate her meal, dressed, and then made her way to 'work'. For she had a feeling that Wraith would show up early.

Senator's Row, Block#139176, Coruscant- Mathor Sledon's office. 6:30 a.m.

Kiza was busy finishing up the schedule, and checking over last minute schedule changes for the Senator when her earpiece buzzed. As she had expected, Wraith had checked in early. She smiled, and nodded to Sledon's secretary, a very nice looking your woman, with red hair, and dark brown eyes. The woman was all business, but Kiza could feel that she was not happy with all the new security. Kiza could agree. Having 'Grunt' staring at you, could be annoying, but then again, so was death.

Wraith walked in, with an easy gait and confidence in his step. He slowed, as the secretary passed him, and looked over at Kiza, who scanned him. Armed to the hilt. Excellent. A pro to be sure. Wraith acknowledged her with a smile and a small flourish as he bowed. "Forgive me if I am a bit early, but such is my custom. Especially on the first day." Wraith told her, as he walked in. He then added, "I m willing to wait for the appointed time to begin our business." Kiza nodded, quickly finishing off her caffa. She shook her head, and gestured for him to feel free to take a seat, if he was so inclined. She put the datapad down, as she looked at him.

"Not at all. It is a prudent move. It also gives me an opportunity to inform you of the changes to the Senators and Sledon's schedules, and to get your Senate's pass completed quickly, so we can get around the herd of others flesh hacks, who are trying to cash in the job." Kiza layed a datapad in front of Wraith. The woman you passed is Sledon's normal secretary. She tends to stay in the office, handling the paperwork. "There are three more, one who acts as a go between, him, and Senator Tesslor's aids as well." Kiza nodded. "Their names are on the pad. There is also a list and pic of all the others who either closely work with them, or who interact with them on a regular basis." Kiza laid a small earpiece on top of the datapad as well. She gave Wraith a slight smirk. "The Hotline. Anything goes wrong, you'll know quick. Updates on who is where. Also, can request info, if you got a hot need to know." Kira pointed to a small button. "One tap, will let you listen in on the other team as well, if need be. Right now, there are four teams, two for Senator Tesslor, and two for Sledon." Kiza leaned back in her seat, seeing what she could gleem from the Darkside, as she watched Wraith. Right now, he was simply another asset. A possibly useful one. Her associates, were still doing a background search on him. The normal background check had come back glowing, of course. She had expected nothing less. She gave a nod of her head, as she tapped her datapad. "Of course, there is quite a bit of debate about the silence of the Jedi Order. I personally, consider it a blessing. The less beaurocratic floater to deal with, the better. But I do wonder when they shall put forth their voice." Kiza snorted. "I will leave such things for the Senators to ponder. Right now, let us get your new ident." Kiza stood in once graceful, flowing motion. "Besides, the Senator seems hot to parade us around today, there are several stops in his itinerary today, that he wants all of us for. Should be quite . . . interesting.

Kiza walked over to the desk, and picked up another datapad with some stacks of flimsy on top. She picked up what look like a datachip, and turned sideways towards Wraith. Care to follow me, Mr. Wraith?" she asked with a nod, as she turned and headed for the nearest lift. "Next stop, Floor 217. Internal Affairs and HR. Afterwards, we shall meet with Sledon and Tesslor." Kiza's heels clicked as she made her way to the lift. The people in the next office were very efficient. In less than 20 minutes, Wraith would be in posession of a new card he was to show when they reached the Senate area, identifying who they worked for, and his ID for entrance.

Tag: Lord Anguish, GM, anyone else who wishes to play..

Lord Anguish likes this.
  18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li

Rasa asked if she should prepare to dig another hole, just in case whatever was hissing down the hallway decided to come out and play, intensifying her earlier mistake. She still was unsure on how she felt about that. Her ears flickered with uncertainly. Lord Nelf seemed to pause, before giving his answer.

"This was a working garrison once," he mused aloud, "with real people working and living here. They must have had ways of easily getting between floors without having to cut holes in the floor."

Well DUH! She knew that. But he didnt seem to know the layout of this place any more than she did. And these silly things were built during his time period. He ignored the wall, and looked over at her.

"Dig if you want, My Apprentice. Me, I am going to look for a turbolift shaft, or an antigrav chute, or something." With that, he turned from Rasa and gestured to the rat carpet, Force Pushing several dozen from his path and up against the left wall, where the hissing, squeaking mass scrambled over each other, a few scurrying across his path as he walked in the direction of the junction.

Rasa snorted softly, letting her ears lay back in annoyance. She had her light slowly float down, following Lord Nelf. She pulled up her saber, and decided not to cut a hole just yet. She slowly followed the direction Lord Nelf walked, as she scanned the area, still keeping an uneasy watch for whatever had been hissing earlier. Lord Nelf might be getting edgy, but not more so than she was. He didnt have to smell HALF of what she was picking up, due to her keen sense of smell. And her poor fur!! She was going to have to shower for quite a while. With a sigh, she did let herself float gently above the living carpet below her. She did not want to stomp one of the rat things by accident, and cause some sort of attack. She just stayed high enough to barely pass them, as she moved along the corridor.

So, they needed to go down. Well, with all the water here, there was certainly no way down here, or their would be no water. The way they had to climb in, she wondered why there was water here to begin with...unless this was some sort of water or sewage way. After all, she had cut down from the room where the rolling robot things had been. The sand had drained down this way. And there was no automatic lighting, as there had been earlier in the other areas. Could check to see if the noisy robot was still above, but Rasa didnt thing that Lord Nelf would be interested. So, that still left a question. How to find a way down.

"Sinnnce thiiis area was below other trrrraps. Maybe thiiiss iss filtage? Not meant for perrsonal to be here?" she wondered aloud towards Lord Nelf as she caught up behind him, her blue saber lighting the way behind her small latern. "Thiss place turrned into museummm. But mmonitored by connnstruct. And droids, like upstairs." Rasa paused. The people who built this place, were certainly strange indeed. "But little place, should lead to biggerrrr places..." Rasa closed her eyes, and concentrated, as she laid her hand on the wall of the structure, focusing on the Force and energies around her. Usually, she was outside when she did this, but perhaps she could alter her ability to work here. There was life down here, in various degrees. Perhaps the Force could give her a direction to lead them in, instead of just endlessly wandering about.

Water had to flow someplace, or this place would be underwater by now. The rodents had to enter and exit from various spots as well. She expanded herself within the Force, looking for a way...

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lord Nelf

Keeping his senses open for signs of more droideka, and trying to ignore the rats over the floor, creepy bitey little things, Nelf followed his crimson lightsabre's glow down the corridor, hoping to find the corridor junction.

Behind him, Rasa was musing about something. Likely their situation.

"Sinnnce thiiis area was below other trrrraps. Maybe thiiiss iss filtage? Not meant for perrsonal to be here?"

Filtage? The Inquisitor echoed silently, What the hell is filtage?

"Thiss place turrned into museummm. But mmonitored by connnstruct. And droids, like upstairs." Rasa paused. "But little place, should lead to biggerrrr places..."

What is she on about? He wondered, continuing on to the junction. "And your point, My Apprentice?"

It had probably been less than half a Standard Hour, but it felt like a lifetime since he had felt this planet's sunlight on his face, and its wind battering his body. He hoped he would be able to get up there again.

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li

Rasa closed her eyes, and concentrated, as she laid her hand on the wall of the structure, focusing on the Force and energies around her. It took more than it usually did, but she soon began to pick up on something...

Yes. There. She could sense it. The Force showed her what they needed. Rasa gave a slight smile, her tail whipped around once, before wrapping around her waist. Indeed, the Force was their ally. Rasa opened her eyes, as she heard Lord Nelf's voice. "And your point, My Apprentice?" She could feel his agitation within the Force as well, so she did not respond to his comment. Instead, she concentrated as she moved forward, her lightsaber held up, as her light floated ahead of her.

Rasa followed what the Force had shown her, moving down the corridor close to the junction of the set of corridors. She was silent as she moved, still mindful of the trap like that one above them. But she didnt think she would find such a thing here. Not with whatever was making all the hissing noise earlier. As she got close to the junction, Rasa raised her saber. She first looked for any controls that might be on the walls. If she did not see any, then she would take another path. With a graceful arc of her saber Rasa plunged her saber into the closest shaft that she had sensed earler, and make an opening so that she could peer down into the shaft.

"Iss thiiss what we seeek?" she asked him, her ears twitching quickly about, as she kept a careful eye on the many tiny sets of teeth nearby. She could not blame Lord Nelf for being a bit - twitchy. That is, if she was reading her humans correctly. She was tired of this place, and its dank dark smells. So if she could do anything to get them moving along, and OFF this insane hunk of rock, so much the better. She was missing her ship already.

And a bath. Definitely a bath.

TAG: Lord Nelf

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

"Iss thiiss what we seeek?" Number One Apprentice asked, standing by the dark wall near the cross-junction of the hallways.

"Mm?" Nelf queried, wading through the rats towards her, the light from his lightsabre catching a vertical seam where the two rounded doors of a turbolift bulged from the wall. "That looks promising."

The Inquisitor closed his eyes and concentrated hard, beads of moisture springing from his forehead as the sealed barried vibrated minutely, then squealed reluctantly, and SCREECHed open, revealing a dark shaft that went up and down from their level. The floor around them cleared as dozens of rodents fled from the noise.

A cloud of red rust flakes floated to the floor, momentarily sparking whiter and brighter than the lightsabre where they contacted the red plasma blade.

"Very promising indeed." Nelf's tone made light of the pain he had felt at the high-pitched, deafening noise the opening door had made.

Nelf stepped up to the edge of the floor, and gingerly put his head in to look down into the Stygian blackness. He generated a fireball in his left hand and tossed it down, the orange flames highlighting vertical, diagonal and horizontal support infrastructure all the way down.

"Goes down quite far, several levels at least. Dunno where the turbolift itself is, but after a hundred years, I expect it is down there." He glanced back at Rasa, "What do you think?"

OOC: My apologies for delay; had Writers Block on this.

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li

"Iss thiiss what we seeek?" Rasa asked, standing by the dark wall near the cross-junction of the hallways. She peeried down into the dark shaft, her nose moving about as she perked her ears forward.

"Mm?" Lord Nelf queried, wading his way towards her, the light from his lightsabre catching a vertical seam where the two rounded doors of a turbolift bulged from the wall. "That looks promising." She looked over to see what he was looking at, now spying the seam. Rasa became very attentive as Loed Nelf closed his eyes in concentration, and then turned her head, as her ears picked up the sounds of something happening to the doorway.

'SCREEEEEEEECCHHH!'

A cloud of red rust flakes floated to the floor, as Rasa flattened her ears backwards, the sharp sound of the doors being forced to open making her grind her teeth. The sound was painfully loud, in the quiet shaft. From the way the small rodents ran, they didnt seem to appreciate the sound either.

"Very promising indeed." Lord Nelf's replied, as he stepped up to the edge of the floor, and gingerly put his head in to look down. Rasa watched, as he generated a fireball in his left hand and tossed it down, the orange flames highlighting vertical, diagonal and horizontal support infrastructure all the way down. She again wondered if he could teach her that trick. It was something she had never seen done at the temple. Could other Jedi do it? Somehow, she doubted it. He seemed to do things, that she had never seen other Force users do. She watched, as the fireball lit up the dark shaft. She looked up, as Lord Nelf spoke once more.

"Goes down quite far, several levels at least. Dunno where the turbolift itself is, but after a hundred years, I expect it is down there." He glanced back at Rasa, "What do you think?" Rasa's ears flickered as she looked down and shaft, and then moving her small light, sent it upwards, as she looked up. She then looked over at Lord Nelf.

"It isss posssible. At leasst it isss not filled with waterrrrr." Rasa looked upwards. "And no lights cammme on, when doorrrrs opened. So if it iss above, it mmmight not have powwwerrrr." She leaned back, and grinned. "But it issss the rrright dirrrection we need to go." Rasa checked the width of the lift. Leaning back, she looked over at Lord Nelf.

"Do weeee levetate down? Orrrr something else?" She asked with a nod. She was quite happy to get off this level. She still had not forgotten the strange robot thing from the level above. The further they got away from that thing, the better. And the closer that got to what Lord Nelf was looking for, the sooner they could leave this strange planet, tourist trap gone mad. Is THAT why the sub left so fast, and seemed like they didnt like to stick around. "I can mmmmake it down, like jummmping from brrranch to brrranch..?" she offered, leaving the statement open.

She waited to see how they were going to precede from here.

OOC: No problem. We all suffer from THAT from time to time! ;)

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

"It isss posssible. At leasst it isss not filled with waterrrrr." Rasa looked upwards. "And no lights cammme on, when doorrrrs opened. So if it iss above, it mmmight not have powwwerrrr." She leaned back, and grinned. "But it issss the rrright dirrrection we need to go." Rasa checked the width of the lift. Leaning back, she looked over at Lord Nelf.

Nelf was feeling a sense of hope about this find. Maybe they would not have to hack at the floor of each level to find their way down, after all.

"Do weeee levitate down? Orrrr something else?" She asked with a nod.

Nelf nodded back. "I am going to buff the both of us with a Levitate spell, more as a safety thing than anything else, since we don't have synthropes."

"I can mmmmake it down, like jummmping from brrranch to brrranch..?"

"Yeah, well wait for the buff." The elf admonished mildly. "Okay, you should feel lighter than normal after this. Stand by."

He did the forward up-and-down arm wave that seemed to always come with the casting of a spell, completely out of his control; green sparkles of varying shades cascaded over the Cathar, then he did the same to himself.

"Alright then," he gestured to the open shaft, "do your hoppy thing. I shall follow at a more sedate pace while you see what is at the bottom of the shaft."

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Rasa Ruu'ta-Li

"Do weeee levitate down? Orrrr something else?" She asked with a nod. Nelf nodded back. "I am going to buff the both of us with a Levitate spell, more as a safety thing than anything else, since we don't have synthropes."

Buff? As in buffer? Like his spell against the rodents. And a levitate spell? Why not simply use the Force? Perhaps he found his spells easier to use. It was true that they didnt have any synthropes... but he did seem to use a lot of .. spells, instead of the Force. Her ears twitched gently. "I can mmmmake it down, like jummmping from brrranch to brrranch..?" she offered.

"Yeah, well wait for the buff." he told her instead. So she stood still, her ears twitching. Was it like his healing spell? she wondered to herself. Lord Nelf suddenly declared, "Okay, you should feel lighter than normal after this. Stand by."

He did the arm wave that seemed to always come with the casting of a spell, Rasa's eyes went wide, as green sparkles of varying shades appeared, and then showered her. Her ears went straight up, as once more, her fur stood on end, making her look like a huge flower of some sort. She gritted her teeth, to hide the giggle that almost escaped her lips. Why did his 'spells' always see to TICKLE?! She wrapped her tail around her waist, and watched as he did the same to himself. Was it her fur that caused the reaction, she wondered. A static electricity sort of thing? Either way, her eyes squinted, to hide her mirth. She gave a small bounce on her toes, to gauge how she felt after the effects of his spell.

"Alright then," Lord Nelf gestured to the open shaft, "Do your hoppy thing. I shall follow at a more sedate pace while you see what is at the bottom of the shaft."

Finally!!

Now Rasa DID grin from ear to ear, happy to be able to move at last. She wondered what would happen if she levitated using the Force, along with the spell he had cast would work. She decided not to use it, but she was prepared to call upon the Force to levitate herself, just in case. For now, she simply levitated her small light above he rown head, and looked down into the shaft. She grinned again. She clipped her saber on her belt, and extended her claws slightly. She knew she could not 'grab' the walls, but she planned to use her claws to give her just enough of a 'stick' as she bounded between one side of the wall to the other, while she made her way down. Lord Nelf would be able to follow behind, using her light source to judge the gauge. And if his spell made her really light, she should be able to control her decent before she ran into anything nasty.

With an excited leap, she went through the opening, and began her downward journey, springing lightly from one side of the lift shaft to the other. She kept a watchful eye out, as well as her ears, in case something caused the lift to activate. She was excited. The adventure was becoming interesting once more. Maybe this would lead to a shortcut, and they could finally leave this stinky hole, and this wet planet. She peered down, hoping that whatever she landed on at the bottom, would be nice, and stable, and DRY. Especially dry. If the lift was at the bottom, they should be able to exit one floor up..or they could cut a hole through the roof. Either way, she hoped it would be an improvement than what they had been dealing with.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lord Nelf, lift shaft, Imperial Garrison

Immediately after Rasa jumped into the shaft, Nelf looked at the diagonal pylons that went down parallel to the empty shaft.

He noted that Rasa had her light follow her down, which plunged his route into darkness again.

From his druid days back on Norrath, he had three 'sight' spells that improved his ability to see in the dark, though he recalled one traumatic time in the tunnel between the snowy wastes of Everfrost, and the grassy plains of his home, despite the sight spells and a glowstone, he had still gotten lost on the dark, walking stoutly into rock face after rock face until a friendly warrior had helped him into the light.

He buffed himself with Spirit Sight, which did not help that much, and stepped into the shaft, over empty air.

He had re-evaluated Operation Follow Sedately, and figured, flugger that for a game of soldiers, and opted to float vertically down the centre of the shaft, thanks to his Levitate buff, remaining alert for any failure of the spell, where he would need to Force Pull himself to the side to escape a fatal plummet into the shaft.

His view of the floor they had been on, slowly came level with his eyeline, and passed above him as he descended.