main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forgetten Relams Help (Legacy of Drow/Paths of Darkness question)

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by JWK, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    (Please note there are Star Wars EU spoilers (long ago novels) and some RA Salvotore Novel spoilers)

Ok I've finished the Icewind Dale Triology. Ok not as good as Dark Elf 3 imho, however Right now I have The Silent Blade and The Spine of the World in paperback.

(Note: I have Dark Elf Tiology Collecters Edition Paperback, Icewind Dale Tiology Collecters Paperback, and Celeric Quintet Collecters Paperback)

I've been waiting for the Legacy of the Drow Collectors Edition too come out on paperback-well for a long time now. I'm thinking of getting the rest of the paths of darkness series on paperback and read them strait through if the Legacy of the Drow doesn't come out with a paperback edition soon (can't wait much longer).

I know some of what happens in the Legacy of the Drow already such as Wulfgar is Errtu's captive for six years. ect.

Now I seam to like a lot of books in which I know what happens. With the Dark Elf Books I knew Dizzt was going to end up in Icewind dale before I read them (read before I started Icewind Dale tiology) and I knew Wulfgar and Cattie-brie were getting married and the Dwarf Battlehammer(Buenor? I can't spell) was gonna get his kingdom.... I enjoyed the books even though I knew what was going to happen in the end. This also has carries over to Star Wars, I knew in VotF Mara and Luke were going to get married, the Empire would be defeated, in Vector Prime I knew Chewie would die, and In SbS I knew 'you know who' was gonna die, I and thought all those books were great.

The question goes down to this. For those that have read both series, does the Paths of Darkness give too much away of the Legacy of the Drow Series to enjoy that when i get around to reading it? Would I be able to understand the Paths of Darkness set without of reading the Leacy books?

All answers and opinions are welcome, thank for the advise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.