main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Forsaken and Begotten - Chapter 33: When One Door Closes.... *COMPLETE* Quick note 2-21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arldetta, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That is so sad...."I wanted it." Makes me want to cry - again! Well, another cliffie!!!You are really evil, you know that, don't you??!!

2. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I know I've already read this at the Classic Boards, but these last few posts are still beautifully portrayed, and yet heart rendering at the same time.

The fact that Obi wants to end his life because of the desperation and the pain that he feels, and that he feels so much, is overwhelming. It was good that Bant was there for him, and that he let her, even if for that limited time.

Keep up the good work. :)

~Bek

3. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Can't wait to see the outcome of this story. I hope that the Council will eventually take him back.

And that he stops wanting to kill himself.

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    more more more

5. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Very emoitional. Especially,,,,,

A soft sniffle could be heard in response to the Captain?s words and Kohnwei looked over at the young Jedi initiate. The tiny teal haired girl had been helping the Padawan. She seemed more like an observer than someone who might have been involved in this whole mess. But when she sniffled, Kohnwei knew she had witnessed the ugliness that landed the young man in his ward. He had seen the horrified look of watching an innocent suffer in thousands of others. He remembered those days, when war thrived. Shaking away the memories he stared at the young women. For a moment, the Calamarian paused her task to hug the girl close to her as they shared in their sorrow. Kohnwei could see the tears welling in the large silver eyes as well.

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Great update - talk about a cliffy!

Eeeeeek...need more soon ;)

7. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I almost forgot about my update for today! [face_shocked] But I'm sure most of you wouldn't have minded right? :p

Anyway, here you go!!

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 9: Bargaining Life

?There's a candle burning in the world tonight
    For another child who vanished out of sight
    And a heart is broken, another prayer in vain
    There's a million tears that fill a sea of pain

Sometimes I stare out my window
    My thoughts all drift into space
    Sometimes I wonder if there's a better place?
    ? Fallen Angels(Aerosmith ? Nine Lives)

Captain Lessik stared at his engineer, ?What is it, Wuan? What?s happened?? Startled by his entrance, Fen began to worry. As much as the Duros enjoyed cursing and complaining, he rarely appeared upset, and at that moment the man was frazzled.

?Nev. The others.? And the Duros shook his head, he didn?t know where to begin.

Now the Captain was frantic, he had left his men outside when the young initiate came running for Qui-Gon. He had even turned down Nev?s offer for assistance, believing the Jedi could handle the situation. Worry lacing his tone, he begged for answers. ?Did something happen while they were working outside??

Jeswick replied quickly, blurting out what he wanted to say in short spurts, ?No, not exactly. Nev found something and he contacted me. Told me to hunt down the source then call him back. Well, I found it and tried to comm him.? He stopped now, because he wanted to make sure Lessik understood what was going on.

Still somewhat perplexed, he urged, ?Then what??

?He?s gone sir.? Wuan stated simply. He glanced at Kohnwei, when the healer looked up. Lessik continued to stare at his engineer searching for an explanation. ?I couldn?t reach him, so I went out to talk with him personally,? Wuan added. Carefully, his deep red eyes bore into his commander. ?They?re all gone sir.?

Disbelieving what he heard, he reached out to grab his comrade?s shoulders. ?What? How??

?I?m not sure exactly, but I think we?re not alone out here.? Jeswick didn?t have any proof, but he believed that to be true. There were no signs of struggle out there, but he noticed some tools lying on the ground, seemingly discarded. Any spacefaring engineer knew that good, well cared-for tools could mean life or death, and would never discard them so recklessly. Based on what he saw, he knew then that they left without their consent.

Lessik on the other hand was thinking differently, turning back toward the Jedi he questioned, ?But I thought you didn?t sense anything dangerous.? He moved to the end of the sleepcouch in order to glare at the Jedi Knight harsher.

?We sensed nothing,? Qui-Gon deferred the accusation. ?There must be some kind of explanation for their disappearance.?

Displeased with his own behaviour, Fen backed down. Quietly, he admonished his actions, ?I should never have left them out there.?

?You did what you had to do, Captain,? Adi tried to console the distraught commander. She immediately offered, ?We will find your men.?

Still caught in the abrupt change of events, he uttered, ?This is turning in to a full blown disaster. What else could go wrong?? Fen knew he should never have asked the rhetorical question the moment it passed his lips, because fate always had an answer.

A beep emitted from Jeswick?s wrist communicator. Everyone stopped and stared at it, for they all knew there was only one reason it would sound. Slowly, Wuan raised his arm staring at the commlink. After a few more seconds, he looked up at his captain. Nodding the man instructed, ?Go ahead, answer it.?

?Jeswick here.?

?I want to speak with the Captain,? a gruff voice demanded.

They knew instantly that the person on the other end was not Nev Obser, but they did not know who it was. Only one occupant in the room recognized the voice, and his heart lightened. Immediately, he sat up, ignoring the protests of his body. A sparkle of hope lit the previously somber seas. Obi-Wan pushed through the ha

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I haven't followed farscape in two seasons. Sorry- I missed the reference.

9. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002

dianethx - evil? me evil??? Maybe I just like playing at the edge of the darkside! [face_devil] Mwahahahahaha! :D

Bekah_K - Aww, thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying it the second time round. :) I just hope the new chaps will be at the same level as these. I know personally, I've gotten tired with the pace of this story, so I have begun moving it along. I just don't want to sacrifice the quality I have worked this up to. You'll just have to tell me how I'm doing when we get there. ;)

ca-tron - LOL, well, my dear frined, I think you will waiting a while to actually see that outcome. There's a lot that will happen between here and there. So I hope you like LONG road trips! :D

PadawanKitara - oh, all right. You talked me into it. :p

Keeper of Swords - Once again you've pointed out something I had completely forgotten. Thanks for reading and reminding of the good points! :D

Ginger_Jedi - Ah, that wasn't a cliffie. Well, maybe it was. Either way, I hope you enjoyed it. ;) And don't forget posts twice a week!! [face_laugh]

OH what a tangled web I weave. [face_devil] :p [face_devil] :D

10. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I also have missed the Farscape reference....you must enlighten us!

Great post. I love Qui-Gon's stubborness and Obi-Wan's disbelief that now everyone seemed to want him. Love this story but you know that already..LOL!

11. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Sorry haven't been around. Will catch up this weekend!

12. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I don't watch Farscape, so I missed it too. sorry.

?I will hold you personally accountable for it.? I have a feeling that there is going to be trouble.

13. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Oooh good post :D Poor Obi-Wan, being treated like he has no right to choose his own path.

Roll on Friday! :D

14. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I SAW IT!!!!!!! I also heard that they are bringing back Farscape for a few episodes to finish off the cliffie. That would be awsome. I don't want to spoil the reference for everyone else, so if you want to know, PM me and I'll tell you.

So now he's using Obi to get what he wants? That fight between the captain and the jedi was almost like a fight between parents getting a divorse and both wanting the kids. Interesting.

15. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks everyone for reviewing. I just stopped in to post Friday's chap, so I'll have to do replies later.

Well, here you go! :D

Chapter 10: Conceited Conversations

"Everywhere someone's getting over.
    Every body cries and sometimes
    You can still lose even if you really try.

Talking about the dream, like the dream is over.
    Talk like that won't get you no where.
    Everybody's trusting in the heart,
    like the heart don't lie."
    - All I need (Matchbox 20 - More Than You Think You Are)

He watched as the group disappeared into the back office. He was about to follow, not wanting to give up, when a small wave of dizziness stilled him. When it passed, he knew it was too late. They were discussing something new and he was forced to wait. Besides, he had a feeling he wouldn?t have gotten very far anyway. Instead he thought back to the remarkable revelation he had, whispering it aloud he felt a warmth wash over him, ?He?s come for me.? This friend who had become his guardian was more to him than that. In his heart, the Togorian Pirate was his father, someone who was willing to risk everything for him. The mere fact that there was no guarantee that Obi-Wan was still alive, yet the Captain sought him still, spoke volumes. But the obstinate Knight, Qui-Gon Jinn, wanted to keep him. He wanted to hold onto the youth despite everyone?s protests. And Obi?s heart clenched from implausible delusion when he recalled how Bant had agreed with Qui-Gon. A wavering voice demanded through gritted teeth. ?Why? How could you do this to me??

Bant could not look at him, her eyes teaming with tears ready to fall. She did not mean for her outburst to be a betrayal. Unfortunately, that?s how it was taken. ?I couldn?t bare to loose you again,? she confessed so softly he had to strain to hear her.

Seeing the gentle Calamarian crumble beside him, his anger quickly drained away, leaving the horrible guilt that followed. For a second time he admonished his behaviour, causing his sweet loving friend unwarranted pain. He needed to rectify his cruelty, he thought that maybe if she could see his point of view it would help. ?Don?t you see? When I was cast aside, I was nothing. No one wanted me. No one cared. But then Tuuvu saved me, freed me and took me under his wing. They gave me back my life when I would have done anything to end it. I love them. They are my family.? Carefully, he turned to his old friend hoping she would understand, ?Bant, he?s come to take me home.?

The Temple is our Home! The Calamarian wanted to scream. This was too much. Too much for her heart to take. She had found the one person that meant more to her than anything, had watched him suffer from a blaster wound, watched as he was brutally attacked by crew members and was now about to be taken from her again. She wanted to cry out at the injustice of her life, but that was not something a Jedi would do. Instead, she regained her composure and said, ?Happy for you I am.?

Upon hearing her twisted words, he thoughtfully regarded his old friend. Slowly, he pushed himself closer to her so that he could look at her directly. He could see the tears trailing down her salmon skin and the sadness that gripped her heart. ?Please. Please don?t be sad. This isn?t the end,? he tried to soothe.

?How can it not be so?? Her voice hitched. ?You?re leaving again.? A small hand squeezed hers, and Bant looked down to find Tola looking up at her. The soft lilac eyes were full of compassion for the Padawan. Bant tried to smile her thanks, but wasn?t very successful.

Obi-Wan watched the young initiate, it was obvious she cared for the older Jedi deeply. He wished he could do more to comfort Bant. Slowly, he remembered what she had said when they first found out who he was. ?At least you know I?m alive and well.? It wasn?t much, but it was something.

Bant looked back up at Obi. He had changed so much in her mind. As she gazed into his eyes, she

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  17. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    you know how I feel about this fic. It is so wonderful. I'm just happy that you're still writing it! Great job on the angst!

18. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    2 other good posts!

?May the gods and the Force damn you for all eternity, Master Jinn!? [face_laugh]

19. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    That was a wonderful post.

20. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Nice update :) Ooooh things are getting increasingly complicated aren't they? ;)

Great writing :D

21. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Sorry no time for replies yet. But I promise by Thurs latest! In the mean time, Thanks for Reading!! And letting me know you like it!! :D

Here's today's chappie!

Chapter 11: When the Lion Roars and the Lamb Cries (Part 1)

?You?ll rescue me, right?
    In the exact same way they never did.
    I?ll be happy, right?
    When your healing powers kick in.

You?ll complete me, right?
    Then my life can finally begin.
    I?ll be worthy, right?
    When you realize the gem I am.?
    ? Precious Illusions (Alanis Morrisette ? Under Rug Swept)

Obi-Wan slowly roused from his healing trance. It had been a long, too long, a time since he had felt this depth of peace. The Force flowed lovingly around him, breezing past and cooling his heated emotions. He had been searching for this ever since he was sent away. He found it both ironic and fitting that he was able to achieve it with Jedi help. The stunning blue-green eyes studied his old friend. She was still deep within her own meditation. As he gazed at her, he realized how much he had missed her over the years. She was always there for him, even when he didn?t think he needed any help. They often sat together in the gardens, doing this exact same thing. She knew he struggled with meditations, but she insisted that he do them. At one point she even suggested it as a way to win a Master.

How wrong she had been. He sighed lightly at the realization. Still nothing could mar the wonderful peace that enveloped them. Sadly his hand reached out and touched her cheek lightly. He had done it so often when they were initiates, so often when he wanted to thank her for putting up with him and his stubbornness, so often when no one else bothered to help him except her. He watched as she gently moved to lean into his touch, savouring the sensation as much as he was. A soft smile crept over both of their youthful features. Bant?s hand came up to trap the rogue?s, she did not want to let the dream go, fearing that she would never have it again.

Slowly, almost sleepily, the Padawan?s large silver eyes fluttered open. Her smile broadening when she found the hope beyond hope still in front of her. The elation faded after a few moments as she knew her time drew short. The serenity that flowed freely held the room despite the low tremors of sorrow that began to form. Watching she noticed it was not only her reigned grief that filtered into the calm. Those tell all oceans of emotion also whispered hints of pain and regret at their impending departure.

They held each other?s gazes for some time before one of them finally summoned the courage to break the quiet. ?I should get ready. I don?t want to keep Tuuvu waiting.? Carefully, Obi-Wan withdrew his hand and worked himself off of his medcouch.

Bant watched as he walked away from her, barely aware of the turmoil that stirred just beneath the surface. Following his slender form, he stretched and walked over to a mirror. This was the first time Obi-Wan bothered to look at himself since the raid, and he was surprised to see his reflection. His lip was spilt but did not appear ghastly. His swollen eye had shrunk significantly, but was still slightly puffed. However, he was more astonished by the change in his eyes. He had thought that he conquered his wayward emotions, yet at that moment he was staring at the face of his inner child. Hurt and confused, they revealed the doubt that started to whisper in his thoughts. Was he doing the right thing, it had asked him during his meditation. And for the life of him, he couldn?t find an answer. He knew what his heart wanted, to be loved and wanted, and that meant he needed to go back to Tuuvu. Yet, something deeply ensconced within him woke and he heard his soul hinting of a greater purpose. Now his mind argued that whatever it might have been, it was no longer his to attain. Sighing, he did not want to listen to any of them.

Keen silver eyes continued to observe the corsair. When he

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I believe that I know you like cliffies, darn you!

Another stellar post. I love that Obi-Wan is suddenly assailed with doubts about his place with the Jedi, even though he is really correct - he is too old to be a Padawan... unless, of course, mister Defiance can get the Council to agree!

Loved that Tuuvu is willing to kill the Jedi for the pain he has caused Obi-Wan, even at the cost of his own life.

Good job... as always!

24. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent cliffhanger.

Great post.

I love the reunion of Bant and Obi-wan

25. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I loved this story when I read it before, and I am so glad your continuing it, this is my angst filled favorite fic! :D 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.