main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forum Link Status?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Someone posted earlier on the Fan Films board, wondering why the Fan Audio forum link had been removed from the TFN Fan Films main page.

David (Doggans) noted that the link may be gone, but the board, of course, is still here under Fan Activities, and then the thread was locked.

Locked, that is, with absolutely no answer as to what's going on.

Perhaps it was off-topic there, but it's certainly not here. What's the situation with the Fan Audio Forum link, or lack thereof, on the TFN Fan Films main page? Is it a goof that'll be fixed, or has it been essentially banished as a link, similar to fan audio in general being somewhat banished from the fan films forum? If it was removed on purpose, does that mean that the fan audio directory page that Azeem was working on (and that I sent quite a few images for, and compiled the list on the Fan Audio Directory Submissions thread for) been killed, or is it still on its way?

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Speaking of Azeem, I have sent him and Chris Hanel PMs regarding the status of the audio directory. Maybe we'll hear something within the next day or so.

** crosses fingers **

3. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Well, last time he showed it to me, the audio directory page was nearly done. He just needed images, which I made for all of the projects and sent to him.

Then again, I guess in a few short weeks, it won't really be necessary anymore anyway.

For now, we can just use the Directory Submissions thread if we want to go to other projects, yes?

4. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I sent another email to the main TFN email address to see about a fan audio page on the main part of the site in regards to actually hosting files. I have no idea if it will ever happen, but it was worth a shot.

Maybe some of the other frequents here could send some emails too?
    Keith

5. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, I guess I could hop into the Mod Squad and see if anyone there knows what is going on.

6. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Ha. Unless I email Josh Griffin directly with my home email account, it seems the latest edition of CR may have gotten my timeline@starwarz.com email address filtered out of incoming TFN emails. It just bounces back now.

7. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Rrrrreaaallly? good grief.

8. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Yep. I've tried Jeff, Josh, and Michael. None of them work. Every time it says that the email, despite any content, was rejected by the content filter, which means, presumably, that it's the sender name that's objectionable.

As for the topic of the thread here . . . There was just yet another audio-based question on the Fan Films forum, which should have appeared here, but, of course, there's no way to look at the TFN Fan Films main page and head to this board directly anymore.

Are we still without any kind of answer on what's going on with that?

Perhaps it's a good thing Galactic Senate just opened a Fan Radio and Audio message board. Good grief. At least that's one you can see at first view, rather than digging, layer upon layer.

Hopefully, this is just an uploading or editing mistake, and not another step in the alienation of fan audio from the fan film community.

(I just PMed Chris about both the email issue and the forum link issue. Hopefully, he'll have an idea of what's happenning.)

9. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    To be honest, if they are having trouble finding someone to actually take the reigns on this, I wouldn't mind doing it.

Maybe they have their hands full in the FanFilm forum, but again I can't be sure. I can't say as of yet, because none of PMs have been answered either.

10. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Have your PMs been read?

Keith

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Looks like Azeem hasn't but Chris has.

Would Fenn be in charge of this?

12. Sith_Hunter

Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    If TFN wont do a fan audio site, why don't we throw up a phpnuke site or our own php bulliten board and do it our way?

13. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Chris read it, but hasn't responded. I hadn't tried Azeem, as I'm waiting on Josh to let me know what's up there after CR #10.

14. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Sith...give it less than a month. An audio "answer" to TFN Fan Films is ready and waiting for one final touch before launch.

For now, we're calling it "Project Sonja." When it launches, the site name's the address.

We're just waiting on the first episode of Rich Sigfrit's new radio show, "The Fans Strike Back: Requiem of the Outcast" (ROTO) before we launch, so we can start with something brand new.

As for content . . . well, we have over 36 hours worth already. Several StarWarz sites, a few other non-StarWarz projects, and some new projects are all folding into one. We could launch today.

Board-wise, it'll operate out of the new Fan Radio and Audio Drama forum at GalacticSenate.com, and I should be the primary mod, just for that board (with no other GS mods stepping into that "turf" and vice versa). The board's already there, but the site annoucement will come on or before Sept. 1.

15. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Talked to Chris. He wasn't sure what was up with the link, but he thinks the email issue may be part of a spam filter problem, which I'm hoping it is.

As for the link issue, someone else'll have to pass that question along to someone else who might know. I'm in the "persona non grata" role right now, looks like.

My best bet, though, is that an older version of that column just got uploaded and removed the link. I'm sure they'll put it back up once someone gets time.

16. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Okay, I just checked in with the Mod Squad and it appears that all roads lead to Azeem on the directory AND forum link. My PM to him hasn't been read yet, so he probably just hasn't had time to log in here yet.

17. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Looks like it's back. Anyone ever hear why it was gone?

18. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Not sure, but someone might have accidentally uploaded an older version of the index file. It happens occasionally.

EDIT: I see you suspected that already, Nathan.

19. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Woohoo. We're back! :)

20. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    "I see you suspected that already, Nathan"

Aye, a cagy man I am, arrr.

Well, and I screwed up a couple of weeks ago and did the exact same thing by overwriting the current ChronoRadio site with pages from the Fanworks ChronoRadio section.

Got a few, "Dude, why are the CR pages green all of a sudden?" inquiries. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.