main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forum Upgrade 2017

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Dec 23, 2017.

1. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    Are things still being merged? I only see 9 threads in the JCC, and no threads in some like RPG Gaming. I just wanted to see if there was still magic happening before I posted stuff that would be deemed irrelevant. Thanks!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I haven't heard anything more on tags. Grimby was going to contact the developer of the add-on about the problem. Given that it's holidays he might not have heard anything back yet.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sara_Kenobi - what browser and version are you using? I've seen some old messages on the Xenforo site about this happening with Firefox.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I have applied a fix for the prefix/filtering issues. It appears to be working now. Is it working for everyone else?

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Just quickly tested it but yup, fully operational. [face_dancing]

Grimby likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I gave it a quick test in Community and brought up the Senate threads..looks good..

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yep, appears to be working in other forums as well!

Grahame likes this.
  8. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Firefox. Thanks. If it keeps happening, I'll try another browser.

9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Can't change topic titles, all of the sudden?!

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It may be a permission issue. We just got the last of our add-ons installed in the past couple hours. Was there a time limit for editing post titles in the past?

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    In fanfic, no. Never. We commonly update thread titles when a new chapter is added, and such.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmmm. I was able to change one as recently as Saturday, the 30th. Makes me wonder what was turned off, turned on, updated in that 24 hour period? That would be a strong clue as to why.

:rolleyes: I know on my PC, sometimes automatic updates are more trouble than they're worth. :eek: They make stuff stop working right that are totally unconnected. :p

Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like it might be due to the Fan Fic sub-forum. I checked a few other forums and they were fine.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Odd, odd, odd!

It works normally in the Resource, too.

Did anybody have a chance to check this? If it doesn't make sense, here's addendum: it happens when using the WYSIWYG. I don't want to type heaps of code by hand. ;)

I install them on case-by-case basis on my laptop; and on the desktop...well, can't say it in public, shall save it for that message I keep on being irresponsible about. Not that I'm responsible about the other eleven...8-}

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    It wasn't really automatic updates. Two major add-ons we've been using since we originally started using Xenforo had trouble upgrading when we did the main upgrade last week. We had them turned off until yesterday when I finally got everything worked out. One of those add-ons was responsible for a ton of features we all use, like giving users permission to edit thread titles past the post edit time limit, poll editing, post history, and allowing users to unlock their own threads. The issue right now is that some feature permissions got reset during the upgrade since we upgraded from a much older version. They just need to be set back to the way they were before, which I'm currently looking into.

17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I though Ny and I were talking about random permissions on our personal computers, unrelated to this? Looks like I need more sleep. [face_tired]

And copy/paste, I beg you! :_|:_|:_|

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yeah. That was what I was referring to, as an example of how things can get all wonky with upgrades/updates. It's like a side effect of medication. That wasn't supposed to happen. [face_laugh]

19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I misread both of your posts then, lol.

When you say you can't copy and paste, are you trying to copy part of a post in order to quote it in a reply? Have you tried just highlighting the text and clicking the reply button that pops up?

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    *screams and runs away*

Not agaaaaaaaaaaaaain! I'm already growing tusks! [face_rofl]

I'm trying to copy and paste text that was already formatted, to elsewhere in the same text box - in WYSIWYG mode, without having to use the code editor.

E.g. the thing I selected here is a link to a thread...

https://snag.gy/QCGU0A.jpg

...but when I paste it elsewhere, it's plain text...

https://snag.gy/s7njky.jpg

This was not the case before the upgrade. Of course, I can use the code editor, being a web dev and all, but it will take longer, be messier...if it annoys me, it will enrage those who aren't that computer-savvy. [face_hypnotized]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    https://snag.gy/QCGU0A.jpg

https://snag.gy/s7njky.jpg

Both of those appeared as links for me in your post. Let's try..

Edit - both looked like plain text for me in the post box. However once I posted they appeared as links. Is that what you're talking about?

22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The first one is a link, I just highlighted it to show you which one I copied.

I'm talking about what's in the images, not the links to images themselves.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Then I'm confused..

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Those two sna.ggy links are pictures of my problem.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ah - I get you now. short answer is I don't know. What browser are you using?