main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Foundation Series a movie

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Darth-Seldon, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The seven books of Isaac Asimov's Foundation Series are becoming Lucasfilm movies. The first one is comming out this summer and is Prelude to Foundation, Forward the Foundation is comming out Summer 04, Foundation 05, Foundation and Empire 06, Second Foundation 07, Foundation's Edge 08, and Foundation and Earth is comming out in the summer of 2009. This is very exciting. The project is top secret and Steven Spielberg may be directing a few of them.

2. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Could you show us some evidence?

I read a couple of years ago that Fox may have rights to the Foundation series and Paramount has a different story they were developing for Ridley Scott.

But I haven't heard anything like what you're saying.

3. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah right. The Foundation series has been in development hell for years. If any film or TV project were to come this Summer it would have been reported somewhere like Variety or the Hollywood reporter and filming would have taken place last year. You would have expected a trailer by now.

Sorry to burst out your bubble. I would like to see the series but it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.