main
side
curve

St. Lou, MO FOX to air ROTS Trailer March 10th....

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by chiss_man, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    That trailer was SUPER BADASS!!!

Pardon my language, but it was incredible. Only a little more than 2 months til it comes out!

CAN'T WAIT!

2. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I almost held my breath through the whole thing! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    My mouth hung open the whole time!!!

4. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I can not wait to see it on the big screen!! It was amazing on the TV, just image what is going to be like on Sat. I can't wait for this movie!

5. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    MY GOD! I never expected the way the story is going. That was AWESOME! Favorite line: "Every... single... Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic. You know what needs to be done."

6. Darthtrader

Darthtrader Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    I video taped it and watched in slo-mo.Can't wait to see some of the space battles.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    It was pretty cool. I concur.

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Oh
    My
    Gosh.

That trailer was the best trailer for a movie I have seen since the Two Towers trailer.

The image that sticks out most in my mind:

Anakin marching the clones into the Jedi temple.

More later, I have to go to the doctor now. ;)

9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    OK, I'm back. ;)

I've watched the trailer in slo-mo a couple of times on my VCR (also, we have a frame-by-frame feature on the newest VCR we have.... hehehe.. :D ) and I have to say, each time I watch it, I've seen something different.

-I love the new duel footage. Kenobi and Anakin were sliding on cables over lava, VERY cool. Anakin's evil face just looks AWESOME, the look of pure darkness.

-New Wookiee footage! It was very cool seeing them fight the droid tanks and such.

-This looks to be Ian McDirmand's best movie ever. He has some really good dialogue. Samuel L Jackson is going to put his role for Jules in Pulp Fiction a run for the money also I believe.

-The space battle is probably going to live up to its expectations. Holy. Cow.

-No Grievous in this trailer either. I think Lucas is definitely keeping this character a secret from most movie-goers, so they will be surprised at the theater.

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Greivous is there, you just have to look at the trailer shot by shot...

I think my favorite scene is where Anakin is leading the clones into the temple. So sad and what a statement!

11. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I liked that part also!

I can picture the Imperial March playing while they head to the temple.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah, Grievous is there, for about a half a second. Not enough. ;)

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I think my favorite scene is where Anakin is leading the clones into the temple. So sad and what a statement!

Oh that is my favorite part too. That's going to make me cry I think.

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    You won't be the only one Dajuan, and I don't think that is going to be the only tear-jerking scene.

15. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    That'll be one of my favorite scenes, but it won't be sad. That's what Vader does.... spray the area with lightsaber.:D

16. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Ok, yeah, that was a good trailer. Some thoughts(Spoilers abound!):

It's interesting how drawn out the Palpatine/Anakin dialogue is near the beginning. It's being treated as a literal seduction, which is what it is, just not in the classical sense, and I think that is the right course of action.

It's also interesting how the Jedi basically ignore and try to boss Anakin around. Like asking him to report on the Chancellor's dealings, Mace basically demasculating him in front of the Council, it's remarkable how little respect the so called Chosen One receives.

The opera/ballet looks to be one of the most visually appealing things in Star Wars since slave girl Leia. :p

I loved how they ended the music when Mace and the posse enter Palpatine's office, because that is when the Jedi begin to end. Palpatine even has a look of "Ok, it's time to roll" Great stuff.

BTW, Greivous is there for two shots. He's in the background of the shot of Obi-Wan surrounded by droids during the drumbeats, and the shot of him getting punched.

Unintentional or not, that Jedi Temple 9/11 shot is very evocative of 9/11. I'm not sure if that is good or bad now though, can people look at that event in a less realistic mode? It's dangerous ground, most defintely.

The Tantive IV is approaching CORUSCANT in that shot, not Tatooine. You can see the city outlines and everything.

I love the Anakin/Clones march to the Temple shot. He's about to earn the name Vader. :cool:

That Ki-Adi-Mundi shot is particularly cool to me. He turns around and BOOM, the clones fire. Great stuff.

Mustafar Vader is so evil looking, the lava casts an red glow that just screams evil. That, and the fact he's mowing down Nute Gunray as well. :p

The Opening Space Battle, the Battle of Kashyyyk, Yoda v. Sidious, and The Duel all look fantastic.

BTW, Bail and his speeder are most likely picking up a post duel Yoda, as that is the only scene I know of him in a speeder like that.

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I loved how they ended the music when Mace and the posse enter Palpatine's office, because that is when the Jedi begin to end. Palpatine even has a look of "Ok, it's time to roll" Great stuff.

Yeah, I could insert lines from Pulp Fiction in that scene.

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know, I am a Jedi, when I lay my vengeance upon thee." -Mace Windu

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.