main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fragile: An Anakin and Tahiri Story A previously unposted outtake up 5/20/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pregnantpadme, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Poor Elle! I am so glad I do not work for the billing department :p

Whew!

Have some cyber chocolate cheesecake and mixed drink of your choice LOL

I know the epilogue will be scrumptious.

:D

@};-

2. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    The big consolation is in 'owning' the billing department.

And the rest of the company.

Otherwise, I'd hang myself.

But the sweets are appreciated. And I plan on a nice stiff drink after Darth Little Boy and Big Sithter are in bed tonight, so that will take some of the sting out of the meanies who are only thinking of their corporate selves and not the importances of Anakin and Tahiri and Jacen and what came before.

Or could come after.

3. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Epilogue is at Beta Boy's and I'm working on replies.

Hope to have them up tonight and The End of the story up tomorrow.

Happy New Year to all.

Elle

4. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Fragile

Epilogue

Love Is Stronger Than Death

?You really don?t have to take him,? Tahiri protested. ?Anakin will be back any minute, we?ll be fine on our own until he gets here.?

?Tahiri??

Iella?s tone of voice matched her warning look and Tahiri knew that fighting was useless. Even though Will was about to take a nap, getting him to actually take a nap would require energy Tahiri simply didn?t posses yet. Besides that, once he?d been wrestled into sleep, Will really would rest better in the next room; in the med room that had been set up as a makeshift nursery.

?Alright,? she sighed, and then quickly tried to pretend that the action wasn?t agonizing. The coughing fit that immediately followed gave her away though.

?Ah uh,? Iella scolded. ?When are you going to stop being so stubborn and just lay back and let us take care of you??

When Tahiri caught her breath she gave Iella a sheepish grin, then half whispered, ?Okay, okay, you win. Take him. I?ll just lay here like the invalid that I am.?

Iella leaned over and smoothed a hand over Tahiri?s brow before kissing her forehead. ?You know very well I don?t mind, and you are not an invalid. You are recovering from a wound that would have killed anyone else and you will, miraculously, be up and back to your old self in no time. So quit feeling sorry for yourself because you aren?t already taking down Bram and Junip, and kiss your son.?

Iella leaned Will over Tahiri for a kiss, which he happily accepted.

?Now,? Iella continued, ?Anakin will sear me if he comes back and you?re tired out, so I expect you to nap as well.?

Tahiri smiled as Iella turned toward the door and Will waved over her shoulder, then sank back into her pillows. She was almost asleep, just on the verge of oblivion, when a presence she?d been praying she wouldn?t have to face alone approached her room.

?Oh kriff.?

So far both she and Anakin had managed to avoid this, but they both knew they couldn?t get away with it forever, and apparently her time was up, as the gentle knocking on the door proved.

?Come in,? she whispered.

When the door didn?t open, she used the Force to trigger the switch. Her lungs were still too weak for her to speak loudly enough to be heard out in the hall.

?Hey,? Jacen said. ?I?m not disturbing you, am I??

Disturbing wasn?t quite the word Tahiri would use, but what could she say?

?No, I?m just? laying around.? Deciding she couldn?t escape the inevitable, and knowing that leaving him standing in the doorway was rude, she finally said, ?Come on in.?

He did, though he seemed nervous, shuffling a bit, reminding Tahiri a little of what he was like back during their academy days.

?You look? good.?

She laughed at that, or wheezed rather.

?Anything would have to be an improvement over the last few times you saw me.?

Jacen grinned, then reached up to rub the back of his neck. ?Yeah, that?s true.?

?Between covered in gore with a giant hole in my chest and nearly naked in a bacta tank? pale and barely able to talk above a whisper practically qualifies me for beauty queen status.?

?Hey, you?re alive, that?s all that matters. But enough about your stunning good looks, how are you feeling??

Tahiri tried to take a breath, coughed a few times, then laughed, which made her cough some more.

?Wow,? Jacen chuckled as he stepped forward and sat on the edge of the bed. ?I didn?t count on a demonstration.?

?Sorry. From what the medics say it?s going to take a few weeks before the lungs are working at full capacity, and the muscles are still pretty tender, even with the healing trances. Thank the Force your brother hasn?t said anything funny in the last few days.?

?Has my brother said anything funny in the last few years??

Tahiri grabbed her chest with one hand and shot the other one out at Jacen, an accusatory finger pointed at his face.

?Don?t you dare. If I end up back on a respirator because of you, I won?t protect you from Anakin.?

Jacen grabbed the hand pointed at his face and threaded his fingers with

5. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    That is, officially, the end of Fragile.

Thank you to Beta Boy, for refusing to pick up my little plot bunny, encouraging me to write it myself, riffing with me on AIM, and proofing all 30 chapters (that's 28 plus pro and epi).

I'd also like to thank all of you who tuned in week after week and bothered to leave comments. I appreciate that you took the time.

I'll be stopping in with more thank yous when I have the brain power to remember more then my name and that I even wrote this.

Elle

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Magnificent. Perfect. The Jacen/Tahiri talk was great =D= She handled it superbly :) Tessa's a great name. Han and Leia were too *them* :D They won't ever change :*

Loved the summation there at the end [face_dancing] This has totally blanked out the "other" NJO tale from my head. I can't even remember what happens :p If I do a fic on A/T, this will be my spin off point.

Huggles!!!!!!!

7. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    =D=

...I'm wondering if there's anything else I can say. x]

8. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    :_| :_| :_|

What a beautiful ending, to an awesome story! And it's over! Bittersweet!

Great story =D=

9. Jedi_GrooGrux

Jedi_GrooGrux Jedi Knight

Jan 11, 2010
    Hi. I'm new(ish) here.
    I've been lurking for several weeks, and keeping up with this story.
    I've decided to de-lurk, as i felt it appropriate to say thank you for what was quite a story.
    Please know that if i'm any indication there are even more people enjoying your writing than those who do post comments.
    Well done, and i'm looking forward to reading more of your work.

10. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    That was a perfect ending. So happy, yet bittersweet as well. I don't know what it is with me reading stories lately that make me want to :_|. So very poignant. This is a story I will remember for some time. Great job, PP! :)

Edit: Glad to hear you're going to finish FAL as well. PM when you start updating it please!

11. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Wow, fantastic PP! I loved all of it so much, to much to say! And I admire your ability to finish stories, I'm still chuggin' along on mine.

12. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    You finished!
    I hope you feel like you accomplished something marvelous!
    I wish I had more time to do a thorough overview of the ending but this month is CRAZY!
    I loved the ending though, and I am glad you don't do sequels...there's a lesson I need to learn there. LOL!
    Anyway hope work starts being a little kinder to your schedule.

E-

13. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Great work, Preggers! Some day when DRL lets up on us, we'll have time to truly discuss SW again. Thanks for giving of your precious time for our enjoyment! =D= [:D]

14. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    What an exquisite story. I read it all in one sitting [face_hypnotized] and the only thing that impresses me more than your writing is the obvious devotion of your readers, who take the time to compose thoughtful, detailed responses. So I hope you'll take it as a compliment when I launch into a mammoth response of my own.

First of all, I'm in awe of your ability to introduce and sustain interesting plot points. We've known since Chapter One that Anakin and Tahiri are doing the horizontal polka, and it's not until they're marching on the Citadel in Chapter Twenty-Five that Jacen reveals that, far from being clueless, everyone else and their dog knew, too, and that they were all doing their part to cover up the affair (in an air duct, no less - the logistics still boggle my mind). Not only were the medical wafers masquerading as cookies a stroke of sheer genius, but the way you slowly revealed their true purpose, and Leia's sending every member of the strike team off with a stash of cookies ... Well played. That one scene redeemed Leia in my eyes - and she wasn't even in it.

Han is so endearing when he's between a rock and a hard place (and let's be honest, when isn't he?) and every time we got inside his head I was reminded that the man really is a smuggler with a heart of gold. We don't see Leia's regally cold shoulder much in profic but even though it breaks my heart and even though I doubt she would go that far, I can see where it comes from and I think it's a side of Leia that needs to be explored. Oh, and for about five seconds back there I wondered how the Lusankya survived Operation Emperor's Spear.

Also, Chapter 11 "Breaking the Girl" is amazingly well written. Not that the rest of the fic isn't, but in the interest of getting from point A to point B a story inevitably has filler chapters, and an author inevitably has off days. Sometimes though I can point to one chapter by a favorite author that's a corusca gem; it's usually fairly self contained and the arc is very clear and yet you're not being hit over the head with an anvil. "Breaking the Girl" is it.

I think I've learned a lot about how relationships work from reading this fic. It's not that I don't have serious relationships; it's just that I don't spend a lot of time trying to figure out why they work or don't work. Anakin and Tahiri's insight in this realm at times appears a little too prescient, to the point where I have trouble believing that they're a pair of teenagers - though maybe I was really emotionally immature as a teenager. The point about how Jacen couldn't understand Anakin's feelings toward Will because he didn't have a child of his own was well taken though, and something I'll try to keep in mind, in the fictional world and in RL.

Finally your conversation with Rowan was extremely thought-provoking. I remember around the time she started posting I began to get turned off by some of A/T's antics, and I found myself thanking her for giving voice to my uneasiness. Then I read your responses and I found myself flipflopping and agreeing with you. Personally, my biggest problem with Anakin and Tahiri's behavior was their exclusivity, almost cliqueishness. Everybody loves Tahiri: She's the life of the squadron's party, the daughter Tycho and Winter never had, the protege Iella always wanted, and the commandos practically worship the ground she treads on. Which is not necessarily an issue. Except in the only POVs we get from people looking in from the outside - Jacen, Jaina, Kell to name a few - there is an unmitigated sense of envy, or at least wistfulness, for what A/T have. Like there's some inside joke the rest of us are missing out on. In fact there usually is an inside joke that they're missing out on *cough*cookie*cough. The whole cake thing just made me feel like the last kid picked for a team in gym class, and it was that and not the illegal drugs part that bothered me. Anakin and Tahiri may never be absolutely, unequivocally in the right about anything but it seems to me they're right something like

15. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Hello Everyone,

After a week of decompressing I?m checking back in to reply to your replies. Thank you all for your kind words.

Jade_eyes
    Magnificent. Perfect. The Jacen/Tahiri talk was great She handled it superbly
    Thank you. The whole reason for her getting hit with the amphistaff was that she needed to have that talk with Jacen so that I could have them get the whole flow walking thing out of the way, have it be clear that Jacen doesn?t ever find out about it. Sort of wrap up that loose end. I?m glad that it worked for you.

Tessa's a great name.
    I liked it. And after Will of the Force naming himself for me, I thought the idea of Anakin not being able to come up with a name for so long seemed funny, and then the whole idea of naming her after the shower or the ship seemed funny too.

Han and Leia were too *them* They won't ever change
    After making Leia so bad at the beginning, I was trying to bring her full circle, which was always the plan.

Loved the summation there at the end
    Again, that was written in my head when I was writing the prologue, which was why I was so frustrated that it took me so long to get it up.

This has totally blanked out the "other" NJO tale from my head. I can't even remember what happens If I do a fic on A/T, this will be my spin off point.
    I?m thrilled that it resonated for you. I tend to try to forget a lot of the NJO? and all of LotF.

Huggles!!!!!!!
    Right back at you! And thanks for hang in there all the way.

lost_lauries_grapes
    ...I'm wondering if there's anything else I can say. x]
    That works.
    And thank you for all your check ins and hanging out for the duration.

tahiriveilax
    What a beautiful ending, to an awesome story! And it's over! Bittersweet!
    Thank you so much.
    And thank you for all your comments. I appreciate it.

JediGrooGrux
    Hi. I'm new(ish) here.
    I've been lurking for several weeks, and keeping up with this story.

Welcome, and I can?t tell you hoe flattered I am to be your first post.

I've decided to de-lurk, as i felt it appropriate to say thank you for what was quite a story.
    Thank you, and again, I?m incredibly flattered.

Please know that if i'm any indication there are even more people enjoying your writing than those who do post comments.
    That is very kind of you to say. Since I, and I know a lot of other writers, thrive on feedback, and the knowledge that someone is actually reading what we?re posting, I?ll have to take your word for it and hope. Otherwise it gets hard to slog away and keep at it.

Well done, and i'm looking forward to reading more of your work.
    Well, I had intended to immediately start in on Fear And Love again, but finishing this story took more out of me than I expected, so I?m getting at that one slower than I thought, but if you?d like, you can check that story out. There are about 35 posts already up on that story, and Beta Bea and I are laying the new edits (with grammar corrections) over the old posts now. That should keep you busy for a bit if you end up liking it.

And again, thank you for de-lurking.

JediKnight-Obi-Wan
    That was a perfect ending. So happy, yet bittersweet as well.
    Well, the whole point of the story was Older Tahiri getting to see Older Anakin again? and if she was able to change the outcome of the Yuuzhan Vong war? and prevent Anakin from dying, and stop Jacen from going Sith, and prevent the Second Galactic Civil War while she was at it? that was all good too. And she always planned on dying when she went back to Eclipse that last time? so really, everything went according to the plans she laid out in chapter one.

I don't know what it is with me reading stories lately that make me want to .
    You?ve been reading other people?s stories???? [face_shocked]

So very poignant. This is a story I will remember for some time. Great job, PP!
    Thank you. I?m thrilled that you enjoyed it. I really enjoyed writing it.

Edit: Glad to hear you're goin

16. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Thank you for your thorough reply. I'm sorry for the confusion I've caused so in case you were in any doubt

I LOVE LOVE LOVED YOUR STORY

That said, I apologize for both the tone and the content of my response and I hope you can forgive me. It was a mistake to post much of what I posted; given the opportunity to do it again I wouldn't have posted it; and in future I will certainly take a page out of your book and confine my concrit to PMs. It goes back to the empathy vs. sympathy thing re: Jacen - if I'd taken a minute to think about it, I would have realized how hurt I would have been had someone responded with such a post to a story I wrote.

However in this case I'm sort of glad I did post those two paragraphs because (a) I doubt you would have given me such a thorough reply if I hadn't provoked you, and (b) I have definitely learned my lesson in a big way. I am grateful that you didn't send me off with a "thank you for reading, have a great life" even though I probably deserved it; moreover, while a lot of things I said were out of line, you have also misconstrued a number of compliments as either sarcasm or veiled barbs. I don't want you to come away from this thinking that you got negative feedback from yet another reader, so please let me attempt to clarify some points.

I very specifically wanted this to be just Tahiri and Anakin, hence the title; Fragile, An Anakin and Tahiri Story. Actually, even that isn?t accurate. It was a Tahiri story. There was a reason we never saw Anakin on Mrykr. There was a reason it was Older Tahiri in the prologue and epilogue. This was Tahiri?s story.
    You're right; I don't think that really registered with me on a gut level. I thought at times that you were neglecting Jaina, or Valin, or whoever, but this really puts that in perspective. Because it's not a super-long story and you can't allow it to to sprawl every which way so you had to keep it focused on her and Anakin. Gotcha.

Also, I have always had issues with how Leia has been written as a mother. She sucks. All the mothering in the SW universe sucks. But I think that is tied into GL?s mother issues and the fact that his wife left him to raise their babies on his own and that he is a slave to fables and fairy tales and models everything after them and there are no mothers in classic fairy tales.
    Not being a mother, I never really honed in on that, and I had no previous knowledge of Lucas' family situation, but that fits with what I know of the SW universe. Thanks for telling me.

... and then the reader finds out, along with Leia, that ?oh? okay? Will is running interference for his dad?.
    And that was a crowning moment of awesome if there ever was one.

I was so tired of the depressing Tahiri stories, or the flow ho Tahiri stories, and Anakin being dead crap, or the really old stories that were so badly written where she walks around barefoot and calling him dummy. I was trying to write the opposite of that ? I was trying to write what I have been wanting to read for years, which was a story with a strong Tahiri who wasn?t a junkie tool of Jacen?s and who hadn?t been crippled by Anakin?s death.
    Oh, dear. As you can probably tell from my handle I'm a Tahiri fan. At least I was when I joined the JC eight years ago - I was thirteen at the time, so a lot has changed. Not having read the JJK books, I picked up Conquest because I was a Keyes fan, initially with very little idea what the NJO was about, and immediately fell in love with Anakin and Tahiri's characters. I still cry every time I reread Star by Star. I was there at the beginning of F.A.D.A. (Fans Against Dead Anakins). Then I went to boarding school and there wasn't time, and while I did finish reading the NJO, my departure from both the fandom and the boards was fairly abrupt - ie. I missed the whole flow ho bit. As well as the bug war bit. In fact I still haven't gotten around to reading LOTF, though I suspect once I do I might share your desire to have her fall on her lightsaber post-Myrkr. I've picked up FOTJ, and whi

17. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Lady Tahiri

In answer to your last post~

Thank you for your thorough reply.
    You?re very welcome. And to clear up my side of things: There is no need to apologize for anything. I?m always thrilled when anyone takes the time to respond. I?m a response junkie. The fact that you put so much thought into it, that you read the story and it stuck with you, that it resonated, that you walked away from your computer and still thought about it, that you had things to say, means a lot. Whether everything sat well or not is sort of irrelevant, the fact that you thougth about it tells me that I hit buttons for you and that is always a good thing. The fact that you not only shared that with me, but then came back after I answered you to talk about it again tells me even more, so don?t feel bad for a second. I'm sorry for the confusion I've caused so in case you were in any doubt...

I LOVE LOVE LOVED YOUR STORY
    Again, thank you so much. I?m thrilled that I entertained, and that you took the time to share that with me.

That said, I apologize for both the tone and the content of my response and I hope you can forgive me.
    There was never anything to forgive. I never took your tone wrong, I just wasn?t quite sure as I worked my way through your comments if you really liked the whole thing. I guess what I found sort of confusing was the length of the response in comparison to some of the content. But, I may have just been in a mood myself.

It was a mistake to post much of what I posted; given the opportunity to do it again I wouldn't have posted it; and in future I will certainly take a page out of your book and confine my concrit to PMs.
    NO! It was fine. Had the whole thing been just bashing my efforts, or telling me that my story was awful, yeah, maybe that could have been left unsaid, or confined to some place private, but your remarks were far from that, so you were fine posting on the thread. In fact, even if your remarks weren?t all glowing, you were fine in the thread. I think the point I was trying to make, and didn?t make well, was that I find it a little rude when someone pops in once in blue moon only to say something negative, like, ?you got it wrong, Han and Leia were together 25 years, you said 35? and that is the extent of what they have to share in 10 weeks. What you had to say was far from that. You actually had something to say about the content of the story. You actually had some thoughts about the story as a whole and offered both praise and criticism. I walked away from reading your comments feeling like you actually read the story and had actually thought about it. You put in energy, you deserved a spot in the thread to say anything you wanted.

It goes back to the empathy vs. sympathy thing re: Jacen - if I'd taken a minute to think about it, I would have realized how hurt I would have been had someone responded with such a post to a story I wrote.
    See above. You earned your spot.

However in this case I'm sort of glad I did post those two paragraphs because (a) I doubt you would have given me such a thorough reply if I hadn't provoked you, and (b) I have definitely learned my lesson in a big way. I am grateful that you didn't send me off with a "thank you for reading, have a great life" even though I probably deserved it; moreover, while a lot of things I said were out of line, you have also misconstrued a number of compliments as either sarcasm or veiled barbs. I don't want you to come away from this thinking that you got negative feedback from yet another reader, so please let me attempt to clarify some points.
    I definitely didn?t see anything as a veiled barb or sarcasm. In fact neither ever crossed my mind. And I would never have treated such a long and thoughtful reply to a ?thanks for reading, have a nice life?. Like I said, and you pointed out, I always respond. You needn?t have ?provoked? me, which, I don?t feel you did.

Oh, dear. As you can probably tell from my handle I'm a Tahiri fan. At least I was when I joined the JC eig

18. Lady_Tahiri

Dec 23, 2001
    Qwi!! It's been so long - I'm glad to hear she's doing well, and happy for her that she's being published. It figures though, as soon as you said that about naming your kid Tahiri I immediately thought of Qwi.

I'm actually in the middle of writing a piece right now and I don't want to lose my mojo, so it'll be a couple days before I get back into Fear and Love. But seeing as you're a self-declared response junkie, I think I'll make my responses proportional to the length of the story. ;)

And thanks for the PM - please add me to the PM list for Fear and Love if you ahven't already done so.

EDIT: Just visited an old friend this weekend whom I roped into Star Wars years and years ago, and we were reminiscing about the boards and got on the subject of Qwi - I had no idea she'd named her daughter Arwen! Wow.

19. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    You've made me cry! :_| :_| :_|

Loved this. [face_love]

Your scene with Tahiri and Jacen there at the end, when she told him to let the Force come to him... absolute gold. Can I get a halleujah???

So, so sad that profic bungled what could have been so badly.

Very, very well done! =D=

And you so have to PM me when Fear and Love ramps up again!

CJM

20. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Awesome story, cant believe i didn't find it till now.

The characterization was as spot on as i've ever seen it, in both pro and fan fiction.

great work :)

21. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Gah!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've checked in.

I got a couple of messages this weekend realized I've all but abandoned this place it had been so long since I'd been here.

Now t
    Thank you. It truly was a labor of love, and given what horrible things have befallen my favorite character, I'm even more glad I was able to work through some of my angst be telling that tale. I'm also glad some were able to enjoy it. And glad that you found it and enjoyed it as well.

HEY! CJM! Thanks for finishing up the read. I'm glad you liked it and I'm glad you aproved of how I handled Tahiri's handling of Jacen, because that's really what she did: she 'handled' him.

Thank you so much for sticking around for the whole story, I appreciate the support and sorry to have kept you waiting for so long on the Fear and Love front. it's been a crazy year. I got seriously burnt out with the pace I was keeping on Fragile, and then my dad had an emergency quadruple bypass (because a triple bypass is for wimps I guess) and that threw me into the driver's seat at the office, but I'm sitting here stroking the muse hoping she'll come out and play and maybe I'll finally get that Dex Interlude up because He sort of plays with Tahiri a bit in it and then I'll maybe get some posting done.

OH! And Congrats! When is the little angel due?

22. PrincessBrookSolo

PrincessBrookSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2007
    OMG such a great ending to this story sorry I haven't commented in a while I've been taking a break from the boards but I loved this story the whole way through you are a brilliant writer and I hope to read more of your work

~Brook

23. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Hello Readers,

I wanted to drop in with a thank you to all the gracious people who came out of the wood work to drop PM's and send emails with compliments and kudos and praise for the story.

Sorry it's taken me so very long to get back to you and sorry the topic was locked to all of you who didn't have my email address. Not being a rocket scientist... took me a bit to remember how to turn that blasted 'locked topic' thing off.

I'm so very glad you all liked my little homage to my favorite character of all in the SW universe; lets give a big cheer for the big 'T'.

Also, in case you didn't hear, or I didn't show the proper gratitude... THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for your votes for my Fragile Tahiri in the awards last year.

After the awards debacle a few years ago I swore those things off but someone convinced me to not be a stick in the mud and my version was part of a like 5 way tie, which I found endlessly amusing, but she was the only Tahiri winner, so I was proud of that.

And now for more notes and thanks... over to the Fear and Love board...

Elle

24. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Hello to all and happy almost summer!

Below is an outtake I wrote ages ago as an out take for Fragile. It never quite fit in with the story, and was written more as a way to get my mojo flowing again during some hectic weeks of m=not being able to write so I never posted it, but I found it a few days ago while I was frantically searching for Fear and Love notes and thought it would be fun to throw it up now for those of you who were fans of this fic.

It would fall into the time line around when Anakin and Tahiri had gotten back together, but before he had finalized the Lumbont roster and made Tahiri his XO and brought Paloma on as his wingman. It doesn't further the story along in the slightest; which is the biggest reason it never made it into the final story, but it was a heck of a lot of fun to write, so as ou ttakes go, I thought it might be fun for some of you to read.

I hope you enjoy it!

Anakin walked into the outer office of the Intelligence Department and smiled at the receptionist. She was on the comm, so he took a seat in the waiting area; she knew why he was there, she?d let Tahiri know when she had a chance.

He smiled at Paloma, who was already sitting there with Will, who was playing with a set of stacking cubes.

Will was trying to eat the smallest of the cubes; Paloma was trying to get him to not eat the cubes. Will smiled at his father, then turned back to Paloma and offered to put the cube he?d been slobbering on into her mouth. When Paloma dodged the wet treat, Will looked up at Bram, standing behind them, watching the door, and offered him the cube.

Bram wasn?t supposed to be watching Will, he was supposed to be watching for threats, but Anakin knew that in this small room, with Anakin only a few meters away, and Tahiri only down the hall, that Bram could do both at once, and didn?t mind when he saw Bram make a face at Will and then take the cube and put it in his mouth.

Anakin chuckled and pulled his datapad out of a pocket in the leg of his flightsuit. He figured he?d pass the time by reading a few more of the simm scores from pilots he?d tested that morning. He?d seen some really good pilots, a few he thought he?d really like to fly with, but something was missing; there were elements he needed for the unit that just hadn?t come up yet. He didn?t know if it was pilots, or a combination of pilots, or a vibe.

Maybe a name? he mused.

Tahiri had been teasing him relentlessly him about that, the fact that he couldn?t even think of a name. She?d made several suggestions, most of which she?d barely been able to say while she laughed uncontrollably.

He wanted it to be right, and he?d had it with her mocking. He?d tackled her to their bed? their bed, tickled her until she could barely breathe and then made her beg for forgiveness for teasing him.

She?d shown appropriate contrition, and paid an acceptable penance, and not for the first time Anakin had been really, really happy with the new living arrangements, and the fact that they were in their own quarters, in their own room, no longer had to sneak around.

He knew that there was something not right with the squad and he wasn?t ready to present his unit to Wedge and Tycho yet. He figured that the Force would show him eventually and that stressing out about it wasn?t going to do him any good, so he?d wait. If there was one thing he?d learned in all that had happened between him and Tahiri it was that relaxing and waiting to see what the Force had in store for him was the way to go; the Force would show him what the Force wanted him to know.

And apparently, the Force wanted him to pay attention to the guy who had just walked into the office and asked to speak with Agent Veila.

He got an instant impression from Paloma that this guy was ?something?, an instant impression that Bram had not told him about this guy and should have.

?I have an appointment, I think you?ll find that Agent Veila will be quite vexed to find that you?ve kept me waiting.?

Quite vexed

25. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    I did a double take when I saw this back on the first page.

?I?m sorry, we never actually introduced ourselves. I?m Colonel Anakin Solo, Agent Veila?s crazy husband.?

And why write anything when an emoticon can so perfectly sum up my current state? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thanks for posting this, Elle.

Peace,
    Bea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.