main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fragile Things {Dear Diary responce - OC/Kyp Durron} COMPLETE 4/16/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Fragile Things

Genre: General (drama, humor, action, romance, ect)
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Post DN
    Characters: Scotlyn Cray, Kyp Durron, others

Summary: The diary of an Scotlyn Cray, a local law enforcer who has had her life thrown upside down when she runs into the famed Kyp Durron on one of her assignments. Everything that happens in the year following that simply begs to be written down . . . .

Notes: Written for the wonderful Dear Diary 2007 challenge! You should check it out.:)

*PM List*

• Healer_Leona

• Lea-El

• Lola64

• Flowerlady

• Alexis_Wingstar

• star_writer24

• Durroness

• Ceillian

Art here!

*~*~*~*~*

Entry One ? Introduction

Dear Diary

ack! That sounds so cliche . . . .

Let's try this again . . . .

. . . . I can't think of anything else to call you.

Dear Diary it is then.

Well, I am new to the whole journal thing, so please forgive me if I do anything wrong. I haven't kept a diary since I was very young. - Eight to be exact. Even then it wasn't a big thing. My diary was a atrociously colored pink and green book that I kept crammed in the bottom of one of my messiest desk drawers. It was something that I brought out occasionally, grimaced at, and then shoved it back away again.

I had the method perfected. Besides, it was pink.

Did I mention that I hate pink?

Well I shall now.

I hate pink.

Other than that though, let me tell you more about myself.

For a physical description . . . .

I am a thirty- one year old law enforcer from the planet Krontos. I'm about five foot three ? short I know, and don't you dare laugh. I have curly copper colored hair that goes down to just past my waist. My eyes are pale blue, and my completion is fair. Too fair for my taste, yet I can't really complain. Genetics and factors beyond my control seem to have a hold on things like that.

I'm rambling again.

Anyway. I guess I am pretty. I mean, I could look worse. I've never been a girly girl ? I was always the unladylike one. I played with the neighborhood boys ? and beat them every single time at Jedi vs Sith, I might add. Since I am the farthest thing there is from force sensitive I grew up to do the next best thing.

I became a police officer, making the galaxy better one shop lifter at a time.

Anything else you should know?

Well, I was married once. Ten years ago. We met when we were both cadets, and he died a year latter in the line of duty. Yet even then our marriage had been strained. I loved him dearly ? more than he ever knew, yet my career always managed to get in the way. I was so obsessed with making the galaxy a better place that I didn't even realize how special he was until I lost him.

I like to think that he forgave me before he died.

Yet, part of me will always wonder.

I need to move onto something more lighter. Maybe I will tell you more about Zantos latter.

As for more about me, well, what else do you need to know?

Oh yes! My parents. They are still alive, and have finally reached their dream of retiring to a simple life on the beach. They're a laid back, wonderful couple who never understood my need for a fast paced life. My father is a renowned artist, and my mother is most likeliest the happiest woman that I have ever known.

I hope to be like her someday.

I also have a sister. My dear Chelsea who I cannot imagine living without. She holds me up through think and thin, and I can't imagine life without her.

There's more, much more, yet I think that anything else I will add as I go along.

I've only decided to keep this journal recently, for things have happened that have changed my life.

My world has been turned upside down, and nothing is as it once was.

I guess that that is why I started writing this. Th

2. Rebel_Radio

Rebel_Radio Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    That was great, Mira_Jade! The part with Zantos... [face_worried] :_| This part was wonderful, though:

Dear Diary

ack! That sounds so cliche . . . .

Let's try this again . . . .

. . . . I can't think of anything else to call you.

Dear Diary it is then.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

All in all, that was bravo! =D=

3. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    I became a police officer, making the galaxy better one shop lifter at a time.

[face_laugh] Loved that line. This is good and irreverant with lots of promise of things to come. Great start!

4. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    My diary was a atrociously colored pink and green book that I kept crammed in the bottom of one of my messiest desk drawers. It was something that I brought out occasionally, grimaced at, and then shoved it back away again.

Aw...I had one of those too.:D

My world has been turned upside down, and nothing is as it once was.

Yeah, Kyp has a way of doing that to us females. ;)

I like your Scotlyn and can't wait to get the whole story.=D=

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have readers! Yay![:D]

Rebel_Radio, and PadwanKayla , I'm glad that you enjoyed it and proved that I can stll write something mildly funny.:p

PRINCESSCAMBRIA : I think that we have all had one of those at one point in time. LOL. Glad you enjoyed it, and Kyp does have that effect.;)

Again thanks for reading!

~MJ @};-

6. JagsEternalFlame

JagsEternalFlame Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    Wonderful start!

I don't ship KJ, yet Kyp has always been one of my favorite characters, so I am definately looking forward to more of this.

Scotlyn . . . that's such a pretty name. Great job with that!=D=

*Flame*

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks Flame, I'm glad you liked it.[face_blush]

~MJ@};-

8. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Excellent start!!!! It reads easily and naturally like it should. I look forward to hearing her first person narritive of meeting Kyp. I am also considering this challenge as I have a story to tell. I'll be following this !!:)

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great start.

I have to tell you that I just love her name.

And I love that there's now at least 3 diary entries that perhaps will pair Kyp up with a special lady.

I've always thought that there was someone out there for Kyp. And can't wait to see how your Scotlyn hooks up with him, officially or unofficially.

Yet now I have to pause to laugh, for my diary has another advantage.

It'll give my therapist something very interesting to read.

That's exactly why I personally do not have a diary. [face_laugh]

10. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great start....

I'm anxious to see how she meets Kyp. ;)

I really like your character she seems very real. =D=

FL @};-

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Awe, thanks to everyone for reading!

More up in a week!

~MJ@};-

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Anyone else?[face_batting]

~MJ@};-

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Intriguing OC and one I'd like to keep up with. May I get PM updates?

14. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    I like it it's funny sweet and real. You feel like you know the person.

Can I get a PM when you update.@};-

15. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Come on Mira, we want more!!!! :)

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh wow. New readers! [:D] I'll get back to you when I ahve time for replies.

For now I have an update . . . .

Entry Two

Before I can tell you about what is happening now I must tell you what has happened before to get me here.

Once again, I know that that is cliche, yet then again what about a diary isn't?

. . . . I mean journal.

* Sigh *

Anyway, I told you that I was a police officer, right?

*Goes back to listen to the first post *

Yes. I did.

Anyway, being on the job for ten years has its advantages. I've been on more assignments than I can count, and I have bagged nearly as many bad guys.

One of these people who I would sleep better at night having them off of the street is the infamous Nakoni.

I have been hunting him for ten years, and yet he has always been tantalizingly beyond my reach.

He's the leader of one of the worst gangs in town, - no, the worst gang in town; yet that is besides the point. He has half of the force bought and paid for, and there isn't a judge brave enough to indite him. It's a sad situation really, one that I know that prevails on many worlds, yet this one matters to me because he operates where I am supposed to uphold the law. The amount of inactivity and apathy is sickening, yet it is prevalent.

The good people suffer while the powerful become even more so. The rich sit back on their credit stuffed cushions and watch as their world becomes a cesspool of filth and immorality.

It is disgusting, yet sadly it is life.

Nakoni is also responsible for the death of my husband.

You can say that I live to bring his murderer to justice.

Justice has never seemed so far away though.

Yet we had a breakthrough. I've been spending most of my time as of late 'convincing' a judge to prosecute. Blackmail, and begging have a odd way of rubbing off on people. I am finally one step away. I only need to catch Nakoni in the act now.

I thought that to be impossible, and then I received a message from one of my contacts inside of Nakoni's organization.

There was a drug transfer going down in a chemical factory near by ? a big one.

The site of the exchange was pharmaceutical in nature, so it wouldn't be as suspicious as most. I had been anxious upon learning of this. Exited yes, but anxious.

For Nakoni was personally overseeing the transfer.

It seemed to be a win ? win situation for me. Either I could bring Nakoni in with enough evidence to finally put him away for life; or I could deliver my own brand of justice if worst came to worst.

The scary part was that I had no idea which one I preferred.

You understand, don't you diary?

. . . . I mean, journal.

Ahem. Maybe I should just tell you more. The details are still hazy ? it had all happened ridiculously fast. I remember taking deep breaths in my hiding place, the clatter of my men in my ears was soothing thrum in my ears. Then all of a sudden there had been shouting, and explosions. Instincts had flared, and I had reacted violently.

The events that had followed were shrouded in thick mists, and flashing lights.

Yet I remembered with perfect clarity as I held Nakoni in my sites. I remember the adrenaline that made my arm holding my weapon slightly shaky. I remember the sadistic gleam in his eyes as he held up his own in reply. The glowing symbol on the barrels above him were unnaturally bright, and I should have been warned by the unnaturally bright light. There was screaming then diary, more screaming than before. I remembered turning my head to see where the commotion had started, and I saw a lightsaber flashing, of all things!

My distraction had cost me though. I distantly remembered a blaster bolt flying a hairsbreadth past my eyes ? it had been unnaturally bright. Nakoni had laughed ? a harsh, evil sound ? and then the barrel behind me had exploded in a symphony of hissing liquid, and noxious steam.

My eyes had burned! Oh force I can't even begin to explain the pain. My vision had flickered madly, and I had been hard pressed to not claw a

17. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great update...

So, is she blind?

I loved the descriptions of the fight.

FL @};-

18. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    The last thing see sees is a guys emerald eyes, nice touch.

I hope he's a good guy.

Thanks for the PM@};-

19. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Loved the update.=D=

She's blind. Oh, how sad. But she sounds like a fighter so I'm sure all is good there.

Ah, and that's how she meets Kyp. At least she got a brief glimpse of him, something that hopefully her mind will keep recalling as they go forward.

Oh and I forgot to ask to be put on the PM list if you got one. Don't want to miss any updates.

20. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    So she will love Kyp for his personality and not his looks! Which is quite cool, becasue we know we love his personality too. She is a great OC...I'm liking this a lot.

21. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Eyes are the path to the heart and soul...and to Kyp.

Wonderful!=D=

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Tantalizing insight into Scotlyn. Nice post!

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Here with replies:

Flowerlady : Yep, she's blind. That;ll be more clear next post. I'm glad you enjoyed the fight. Action is my weak spot, and I am trying to work on it. Humor and angst just come so mucg easier . . . .;)

Lea-El : Oh, he's a very good guy.;)

No problem tiht the PM.:)

Lola64 : She's a fighter allright who won't let a little thing like blindness stop her.

I'll put you on the PM list no problem.:)

iamobiwan1970 : I'm glad that you are enjoying this, and yes, Kyp can't relly on his good looks only this time. Hehehehe:p

PRINCESSCAMBRIA : Couldn't agree more. Glad you enjoyed it.:)

Healer_Leona : Thanks!:)

~MJ@};-

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    How cool is this!! I like Scotlyn: her name, job, and narrative style. :) :)
    This looks good--Scotlyn sounds down to earth but also strong too. :D
    Definitely gonna follow this. :)

Edit: Eep! Had to go back and reread the last bit of part 2! My lands! Besides romance, there's drama and tons of angst already. =D=

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes : Thanks for reading. I'm glad you're enjoying Scotlyn allready, and trust me. I'll be going though every emotion their is. except perhaps dark side rage - that would be another bunny.:p

For everyone else - sorry it's taken me so long to update. I had finals, then a scedual change, ACT prep, power outage - and to top it all off my family is in the process of moveing.

I will update this week, yet I just wanted to apologise.:)

Real life beckons.:rolleyes:

~MJ@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.