main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fragile Things {Dear Diary responce - OC/Kyp Durron} COMPLETE 4/16/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was really good... I feel so bad for Scotlyn...:( I hope Cilghal can help her....

But hey, even with my sight I'd cling to Kyp...;)

[:D]

FL @};-

2. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Everytime I read the new posts I think: I want more!!!!! Wonderful update!=D=

I really liked the visual description of Ossus that Kyp gave to Scotlyn. You made it very clear to me as a reader.

Her emotions and worry leaked through in this one good. I can see that she is tough (like Kyp) but can be vulnerable at times.

And Kyp is such a good guy here, and I think that isn't unreasonable. He wants to make sure she is all right and he thinks Cilghal can help her best.

But I bet he starts to like her and falls in deep! [face_love]

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    -- Did that come out fangirlish, Diary? I don't know, I just always fell that way around him. Even now.

LOL, not really. It's a frightening situation and o ne cn't blame her for wanting the comfort of someone familiar. Fingers crossed for her. [face_good_luck]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira, this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scotlyn's reactions to her vision loss are so realistic without being melodramatic or off the charts. It's realistic and moving all at once. Horray for Kyp being there. I can't wait for Cilghal's prognosis. Have an ovation and a huggles!!! =D= [:D]

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Poor Scotlyn, to suddenly miss so much about what most take for granted everyday. :(

This is still in flashback right? So I have to think the news was not good after her exam. But you know this woman looks like a fighter to me. She'll get on, with some help of course from Kyp, especially now that we know Nakoni might still be alive.

Scotlyn could be in danger. That sounds to me like a need for Jedi protection. ;);)

Great update.

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Flowerlady : LOL, what and what a convienient excuse she has. we'll see about Cilghal soon.:)

iamobiwan1970 : Maybe, okay - most likely.:p LOL, I'm really honored by your words. Thanks so much for reading.:)

Healer_Leona : Thanks.[face_good_luck]

Jade_eyes : *takes hugles* Thanks. I was really worried about it being over the top, and then I was worried about not having her freaking out enough. :rolleyes:

Lola64 : It's still in flashback, one more post of that, and then I'll have real time posts. And as for Nakoni, and the diagnosis, well, that's all coming up.:)

Thanks everyone for reading![:D]

~MJ@};-

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Entry Six

After Kyp left the healer named Cilghal preformed her tests. They weren't that bad, and she was really nice. Her voice lulled me, and she was easy to get along with.

Thankfully there were no needles, or else my opinion would be slightly different.

Okay, greatly different, yet who's keeping track?

After about twenty minutes of scopes, questions, tests, and what not she led me back to the waiting room, and left.

I was slightly unnerved then, I mean, I don't mind being alone - yet this time I was really alone. Kyp was gone ? that gave me a pang that I wasn't prepared for, and it was slightly unsettling. So I sat in the waiting room, listening to the passing of shuffling people. In the distance I could hear birds through the open window, and the scent of salt water that pervaded the surrounding scents fairly made my head swim.

I will only admit this to you, Diary, but I was scared.

I couldn't help but play with my hands, and I couldn't stop clutching at the still grimy material of my uniform.

I hated being scared.

Then there was a woman's voice, unsure and kind, ?Are you Scotlyn Cray??

I glared to where the voice was coming from, my survival's instinct telling me to shy away from what I couldn't see. Yet the voice was familiar, and I cocked my head to one side to test the sound. Running it through my head, and testing it like one would a fine wine. A memory clicked, and a frown threatened to spill on to my face. Sheer will power kept it back, ?Why would you need to know, Jaina Solo??

The younger woman might have smiled, she might not of, but either way she sat down in the chair next to me, and I prayed to wherever the force was that she would just go away. ?So you are Scotlyn Cray.?

I said nothing, and the Jedi Master laughed lightly, like the tinkering of bells. ?You are exactly as Kyp said you would be.?

I frowned at that. My eyes narrowed in distaste. So Kyp had made a side trip to see the pretty young Jedi.

For some reason that thought bothered me more than it should have. I was still silent, and Jaina tried again. ?Did Cilghal say anything? Is your lose permanent??

I sighed, and turned in the direction of the voice. She didn't sound disturbed by my unmoving eyes. ?The healer said nothing.? I reply, ?She still has to run some tests.?

?That's good, Cilghal is the best you can get, I'm sure that she will be able to help you.?

I nodded politely, and concentrated on the sounds around me. I had already memorized the sound of Kyp's heavy step, and when I realized that that was what I was looking for I scowled and turned my attention to the woman next to me. ?So,? I started conversationally. ?How long have you known Kyp??

?Oh, years, I guess.?

I frowned.

?He's more like a big brother than anything else.?

I scoffed.

?We've been through some rough patches, yet he's always there for me, and I hope I am for him.?

My frown deepened.

?What do you think about him?? Was the unexpected question.

I blanked out there. I wasn't really sure. I mean he was nice, and kind, and incredibly sweet. He was also strong, and lethal when needed. I felt my heart leap. And if my memories from the evening news didn't deceive me he was ungodly gorgeous. I sighed, and answered, ?He's helping me when no one else would.? I smiled wryly. ?I respect him.?

There was a smile in her voice. ?You like him then??

I flushed, even though I knew she didn't mean it the way she did. ?Well, yeah . . .? I stuttered out.

She laughed lightly, happily. ?This is classic. Kyp has struck again.?

I found myself glaring again at the teasing lilt to her voice. Then I remembered that she was Han Solo's daughter. Maybe a level of tact and discreetness was too much to ask for. ?Does that bother you?? I asked, and I winced a the bite in my voice. I was never this unagreeable with someone I hardly knew.

There was surprise in her voice, ?Me? Why would I be bothered? Oh.? Understanding lit her voice, and her joyfulness fell. ?I said Kyp is like a brother to me. I lost

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love Jaina's and Scotlyn's talk. A very girly type thing. :D

Love Cilghal's honesty and sympathy. :)

Great update all the way. =D= @};-

9. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I liked the part about Kyp's little sister.
    Gives you a little more insight on Kyp's character.
    Unexpected and I really liked it.

And as usual, I'm totally into Scotlyn. She's the kind of person I'd love to hang out with. ;)

10. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Scotlyn is an awesome OC. I love her strength and I love the way you write her thoughts!!!

Jaina was great in this also as her conversation gave insight into Kyp's life and his experience with his sister.

As always Kyp was perfect (making me want one of my own) :*

I can't wait to see where this story goes.

:D

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I will only admit this to you, Diary, but I was scared.

Awww, poor girl. :(

I frowned at that. My eyes narrowed in distaste. So Kyp had made a side trip to see the pretty young Jedi.

For some reason that thought bothered me more than it should have.

Indeed? o_O LOL I like that she bonded with Jaina a bit.

Excellent post!!

12. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    I love Scotlyn...I like her strength and her willingness to sort things out...

Jaina and her talk was great...

Wonderful addition I can't wait for more....[:D]

FL @};-

13. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Glad to see there's some hope of regaining her sight. Now it's the waiting game.

And she gets to stay at the Temple. Hopefully the Grandmaster will be kinder and let Kyp hang out on Ossus and not send him on any mission that would take him away from Scotlyn.

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes : Thanks. I love writing Jaina, and Cilghal is sometimes too nice for me.:p

Ceillean : Unexpected to me as well. LOL. And I'm glad that you're enjoying Scotlyn. It's real easy to let an OC become a Mary Sue.

iamobiwan1970
    : Thanks. I think we'd all like a Kyp of our own.;)

Healer_Leona
    : Thanks.:)

Flowerlady : Thanks!:D

Lola64 : A mission. Now why would I be a terribly evil author and do that?[face_devil]

~MJ@};-

15. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    I'm glad she has Kyp to help her through this ordeal. I'm sure he wouldn't be going to see any one else.

Thanks for the PM @};-

16. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    I just found this and got caught up, and I really enjoyed it. :D Scotlyn's a fantastic OC: strong but still vulnerable, kind, courageous and honest. She seems like a real person. I loved her interaction with Jaina, and Kyp is great. I think Scotlyn will be more than a match for him. ;)

Great story! I can't wait to see where it goes. :D

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Lea-El : No problem, I'm glad that you are enjoying it.

Emerald_Lady: LOL, welcome to another one of my stories. I think that you have all of the major ones covered. I'm glad that you are enjoying Scotlyn.

More updates soon. I wa sick all this week, and had the ACTs at the beginning of the week - not a good combination.:rolleyes:

I'll see whta I can do though.

~MJ@};- :)

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Entry 7

So here I am now.

Kyp has left me in my new quarters, and Jaina eventually left too ? her partner had returned, and she left to welcome him back. I heard something about Tenupe and Joiners, and really didn't understand anything more than that.

About ten minutes after she left the Physical Therapist arrived.

Force, this lady drives me crazy.

Have you ever encountered one of those overprotective, motherly types? The large, no doubt smiling ones who call you sugar, and insist on feeding you meals that would make a full grown Wookie cower, and say no more?

Analee is just that way. Oh sure, the rather large Anomid was kind, and she means well, but I have never have had someone to cook and clean for me, to guide me around like a child, and just generally be ridiculously nice, and mean it.

That, and my name is Scotlyn. Not 'sugar', 'sweetie', 'pumpkin', 'honey', 'scotie', 'lynie', 'Cray-Cray', or 'dumpling.'

You shudder Diary, yes; be afraid, be very afraid.

Yet, she is kind. She taught me how to use the walking stick. (Little good, I still trip over everything. I am ready to start pulling out my hair). She counted steps around the apartment with me, telling me to keep things exactly in place so that I would be able to use them again. (Easier said than done. I know where nothing is). She was the one to find me this recorder. She said that it would be a good idea to start recording my thoughts, and thus I meet you Diary.

You are now all caught up.

I'm sitting on the bed. I am kind of scared to go anywhere else. I've already tipped over the chairs and table trying to find the fresher, and I broke a canister on the counter while trying to pick up my mess.

I think that my room is scared of me.

That's just fine. I am scared of it.

Analee left to go attend to some other things ? she said that she wouldn't be that long, but I urged her to take her time. I don't know, there was such a wide gulf between having Kyp help me, and having her help me. Analee tries too hard. I feel smothered, and helpless around her. With Kyp . . .

I think I just feel safe with him.

No thing's safe now ? the table and chairs defiantly did not stand a chance.

Oh well, it is their fault, Diary.

They did not move out of the way.

Laugh all you want, Diary. That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

Since I had the time I chose to then contact my family. We are pretty close knit, and I knew that they would worry about me. Mother especially. She never wanted me to join the force in the first place. How can she really understand though? She arranges flowers for a living, and my father is an artist. My sister works with the force as well, so they can't just call me odd. Chelsea is with the Lawyer division ? she was injured in an attack earlier on in her career, and she can't operate in the Field anymore. That's okay though. She takes out her frustration on the sickos that go through the court room doors. She's happy there, and I'm happy handling the heavy artillery.

She also keeps a diligent eye on the going ons in the Police ranks. She would be able to tell me about Nakoni, and my squad.

My heart was in my chest as I typed in the number, and heard the ping that symbolized the comm's screen coming to life. A few seconds latter I heard Chelsea's voice, and I turned instinctively to where her image should have appeared.

I heard her gasp, and the annoyance that she was prepared to greet her caller with turned to shock and relief. ?Scotlyn?!? She exclaimed, ?Thank the force, you are alive!?

I smiled wryly. I was alive . . .

?What happened?? She asked, concern dripped from her voice.

?Um,? I started awkwardly, unsure of how to explain to her everything that had happened. Yet at length I was. I told her about Nakoni, the Dimeth toxins, and Kyp saving me. She gasped, and laughed there. She went from not believing me to drooling like a fan girl in the space of a second ? typical Chelsea.

When I told her I was blind she became very, very silent. Then she asked me what was b

19. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    I was so excited to get new story!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing] The dialogue between Scotlyn and her sister was excellent. It built insight to their personalities and also advanced the plot in a major way. So we can expect trouble form Nakoni???? The jokes on Nakoni if Kyp gets involved :D

It's pretty funny that Kyp has a better understanding of how to treat someone with a disability than the PT did. Kyp would make a great Special Ed. teacher or PT (I'm a SE teacher) ;) He gets how to treat someone as usual.

Wonderful update!!!!! Hope Kyp steps in soon to help! :*

20. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Jaina eventually left too ? her partner had returned, and she left to welcome him back. I heard something about Tenupe and Joiners, and really didn't understand anything more than that.

*squees like a fangirl at the Zekk and possible J/Z reference*

That, and my name is Scotlyn. Not 'sugar', 'sweetie', 'pumpkin', 'honey', 'scotie', 'lynie', 'Cray-Cray', or 'dumpling.'

[face_laugh] Oh, poor Scotlyn. [:D] Everybody knows someone like this.

She was the one to find me this recorder. She said that it would be a good idea to start recording my thoughts, and thus I meet you Diary.

I like the explanation of how she's writing a diary blind. :)

I think that my room is scared of me.

That's just fine. I am scared of it.

[face_laugh] She has such a great sense of humor. I love how, even in such a scary situation, she still keeps her head and is able to laugh at herself.

I think I just feel safe with him.

[face_love] [face_love]

They did not move out of the way.

[face_laugh] Darn right. ;)

?You know you love me.?

She smiled wryly. ?Sometimes.?

That's family for you. :D

Awesome update! :D

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Analee would work my nerve too. She gives some good practical tips but the coddling. Of course, she's probably used to devastated patients who need smothering but Scotlyn is definitely not that kind. :p I like Chelsea a lot; you can feel her love as a sister and friend and confidante. :D

*Squeezes the stuffings out of Scotlyn!!* I love her honesty, vulnerability and humor. It never ceases to amaze me.

:) :)

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Love Scotlyn's assessment of her physical therapist. LOL

Can't blame Chelsea for not being thrilled to be the one to have to tell their mother of her injuries, but at least she's at the best place to be helped.

23. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Great update.=D=

Scotlyn's a hoot talking about how afraid of the room she is and how the furnishings refused to move out of the way.

I don't like the fact that Nakoni is still at large. I had already begun worrying about that. Sure, she can take him on when her sight comes back but she won't see anything coming now.

Kyp better not go far, I'm just saying.

24. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh I laughed at this one...Analee sounds dreadful...[face_laugh]

I liked the interaction between the sisters...

Great update..=D=

More soon!! [:D]

FL @};-

25. JagsEternalFlame

JagsEternalFlame Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    Analee was priceless, and I loved her interaction with Chelsea.

Family is always wonderful to depend on.[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.