main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fragile Things {Dear Diary responce - OC/Kyp Durron} COMPLETE 4/16/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Hello everyone! Sorry, I'm not here with an update, but I do have art.:D

Here you can find a watercolor painting that I will eventually turn into cover art!

Enjoy!

~MJ@};-

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Wow, I just read all the entries. Very well done. I love Scotlyn, and her sister. Can you PM me when you update, please?

3. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Wow, your watercolor is gorgeous. :eek: You're very talented. :D

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    iamobiwan1970 : LOL, I'm so glad that you are enjoying this so much. And you're a SE? ow, that's really neat.:)

Emerald_Lady
    : Once again, your reviews make my day. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much!

Jade_eyes : LOL, thanks, and I am glad you are enjoying this!:)

Healer_Leona : My mom would be livid, but yes, being there is the best for her.:)

Lola64 : Thanks! He won't go too far. I have a relationship to develop.;)

Flowerlady : Thanks!:)

JagsEternalFlame : Amen, more soon!

Alexis_Wingstar : I'd love to PM you.:D

~MJ@};-

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Entry Eight

Hello, diary.

I apologize, it has been a few weeks since I last talked to you. Just leave that to me, I finally get one of these accursed, decidedly girly things, and then I don't use it. Oh well. I don't think that you would blame me if you knew what has been happening.

First of all, can I say that being blind sucks?

I'm sorry for being so blunt, but it dose. I just can't see how people do it! I trip over everyone and everything ? the walking stick is no help what so ever, as a matter of fact, I blame half of my malady's on that accursed thing.

It was fine when it first happened, maybe you can call that shock. I even managed on the ship ? there wasn't nearly enough to trip on, and really I don't do that much harm sitting down. (No, I'm not including that rather large vase in Master Cilghal's office, that thing was just out to get me.) But new places are a pain. I look like an infant, and I feel like an invalid. Analee has tried going through some exercises with me, but none of them seem to help! Do you have any idea what it is like to be a complete klutz around hundreds of graceful, competent Jedi?

I'm tired diary, frustrated and tired. Crying doesn't accomplish anything, and I am truly sick of laughing at myself. Laughter only goes so far too.

On a happy note I have met some very nice people too. Jaina is really likable, and she has more problems then I would have ever imagined. She's been in a melancholy mood lately ? from what I can gather it has something to do with the recently ended conflict over in the Unknown Regions. Her partner, Zekk ? even if he is a little droll for my taste, he is very nice, and he tries his best to comfort her. He had just returned from a scouting trip on Tenupe ? looking for someone who was apparently very close to her at one time. He came back empty handed, and I couldn't have helped but hear the hardness in his voice whenever the subject was breached.

Do you think that there is something going on there diary?

It is not my business either way, even though I would be there if she chose to confide in me. She helps me almost daily now ? maybe helping with someone else's pain soothes her own.

Ack! I'm getting philosophical!

If Chelsea were here she would be laughing histarically at me.

I miss my family too diary. I never thought that I would be the one to succumb to homesickness, but I have. I talk to them almost daily, after mother's first enraged call she has been beyond supportive. Father is gruff, but I can hear the pain in his voice whenever he talks. I think that he is upset that I am not at home home, even though I know he understands.

Sometimes I am greatful that I cannot see faces. For theirs would surely tear me apart.

Either way, I want them to visit soon. I really think that I need them.

That, and I want them to meet Kyp.

Won't that be funny!

Kyp . . .

There's a subject for you, Diary. Jaina's mood has effected him too ? he's so very close to her, like a brother for a sister, and anything that hurts her hurts him. Really, I think he is ready to strangle Zekk, and he's ready for the rest of the business to be forgotten.

That's my professional analysis, but seeing as my people radar has been so off before . . .

Anyway, it's different around me. He's so kind, and patient ? I have not forgotten what Jaina had said about his sister, and I can see the experience when he deals with me. He helps enough to make me feel safe, and yet stands away enough to leave me with some dignity ? unlike Analee.

Argh! That woman is impossibly sweet, I think that she would bake me pie if I left my kitchen unguarded ? it's not like I am ever in the kitchen, that would be beyond disastrous, but still! Thankfully Analee doesn't usually help with my meals, usually Kyp or Jaina manages to save me. Thank the force!

Besides the whole blind thing I think that I could really enjoy myself here, and I know that what I have is beyond imagination. Never has a non-force sensitive strayed beyond these walls for as long as I ha

6. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Another update!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]

I love Scotlyn's take on all the characters we already know, especially Zekk (Mr. Mope)

Besides the whole blind thing I think that I could really enjoy myself here, and I know that what I have is beyond imagination. Never has a non-force sensitive strayed beyond these walls for as long as I have. This place is so soothing, and it's mere presence swirls around with the stories I grew up with, and makes for a combination that is almost healing.

Your descriptions of Ossus continue to be wonderful. Think of all the power of having so many Force sensitives together at once. The Jedi would be so used to it they wouldn't really think of it as specail, just routine. It's sort of like Scotlyn is staying at a Buddhist monastary!

I swear, I was as giddy as a little girl ? I have to admit, when we played Rebels and Empire when we were younger the boys always made me play as Darth Vader, and I personally liked Han Solo ? he had a gruff side, can you blame me for liking him more? Still, Luke Skywalker! And he was exactly as I imagined. Kind, sweet, and yet strong. It was something I will never forget.

I always was more a Han girl, which is probably why I fell for Kyp so hard. I loved how scotlyn had to be Vader! Was that cause she was so tough? [I alwyas got to be Leia, I was the only girl playing!]

It's odd, my senses have seemed to have gotten stronger lately. I mean, I have heard that your other senses get stronger when one is gone, but I never would have imagined it to be like this. My hearing is amplified to an almost painful extent, and I can smell everything. That's really not a good thing with some of the species here who have laxed hygiene ? like Wookies. I think I nearly gagged passing that mountain of wet fur!

Poor wookies!!!! The Jedi essense is rubbing off on her. she already has great senses from being a security officer, now they actually are stronger.

Seriously, the dude tries too hard, even though he means well.

He's just not Kyp.

Those two lines totally sum up Zekk!!!!!! ;)

I want to be able to walk and greet Kyp on my own by the time he gets back[face_love]

Awwwwwwww!!!!! :* She should practice finding lips to kiss.

As always, looking for more!!!!! =D=

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I miss my family too diary. I never thought that I would be the one to succumb to homesickness, but I have. I talk to them almost daily, after mother's first enraged call she has been beyond supportive. Father is gruff, but I can hear the pain in his voice whenever he talks. I think that he is upset that I am not at home home, even though I know he understands.

Sometimes I am greatful that I cannot see faces. For theirs would surely tear me apart.

Either way, I want them to visit soon. I really think that I need them.

Yeah, no matter how many new friends you meet, the support of family is most important.

It's odd, my senses have seemed to have gotten stronger lately. I mean, I have heard that your other senses get stronger when one is gone, but I never would have imagined it to be like this. My hearing is amplified to an almost painful extent, and I can smell everything. That's really not a good thing with some of the species here who have laxed hygiene ? like Wookies. I think I nearly gagged passing that mountain of wet fur!

[face_laugh] Speaking as someone who has just the opposite problem most of the time with my sinus trouble making it so I can't smell anything... unless the ordor is really strong... pleasant or unpleasant. When my sinuses clear up I all of a sudden smell everything wether I want to or not. I can sympathize.

He asked me questions and then actually listened, I wouldn't imagine that of one in his position. His wife is a trip too! Who ever thought that Luke Skywalker was called farmboy on a daily basis?

I loved this. It would be like meeting Jesus Christ and having his mom talk about changing his diapers when he was an infant. [face_laugh]

Thanks for the PM. I'm looking forward to more!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Scotlyn's jumble of emotions still feel so real to me. I can't wait for her surgery. Then she and Kyp can go on missions and ... [face_love] ;)
    Tickled by her reaction to Luke.
    Yeah, she's not pining for Kyp. Haha!! [face_whistling] [face_laugh]
    Woot! Another lovely update. :)

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I agree on enjoying Sctolyn's insight into all the characters. Funny how things are noticed when we can't see faces.

Awesome post!

10. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Do you have any idea what it is like to be a complete klutz around hundreds of graceful, competent Jedi?

Poor Scotlyn. She's surrounded by Jedi, and not only is she Force-blind, she's literally blind as well.

Crying doesn't accomplish anything, and I am truly sick of laughing at myself. Laughter only goes so far too.

That's very true. [face_worried]

Jaina is really likable, and she has more problems then I would have ever imagined.

[face_laugh] "Ignore her. She has issues." ;)

He came back empty handed, and I couldn't have helped but hear the hardness in his voice whenever the subject was breached.

Do you think that there is something going on there diary?

Poor Zekk. Jaina should star in her own soap opera. Oh, wait, she already does...;)

If Chelsea were here she would be laughing histarically at me.

You really capture the essence of family here, I think. ;)

This place is so soothing, and it's mere presence swirls around with the stories I grew up with, and makes for a combination that is almost healing.

Welcome to Mount Olympus.

I can tell you, it would be magical if I wasn't tripping over every other thing,

lol I so love her sense of humor. :)

Who ever thought that Luke Skywalker was called farmboy on a daily basis?

[face_laugh] This was priceless. =D=

I can read his emotions by the tone of his voice or the tension between his hand and mine. I can't do that to anyone else yet ? not even Annalee and Jaina. Just Kyp.

Awww...[face_love]

He mopes though! He follows Jaina like a puppy, and acts like one when she is gone. I wonder if she realizes that . . .

Knowing Jaina, probably not.

[face_laugh] Probably not, indeed. This made me laugh. :D *hugs Zekkie on her way out*

And no, diary, I am not pinning for Kyp.

There, you can stop looking at me funny now.

*cough*liar*cough cough* ;)

11. JagsEternalFlame

JagsEternalFlame Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    Oh, that was wonderful!

JAina's not with Kyp, and not with Zekk. Jag, please?

Oh wait, this story is about Scotlyn and Kyp . . .:p

Sorry, fangirl moment.:rolleyes:

12. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wonderful!!!

I loved her insight on all the characters, especially Zekk. He does try too hard.

More soon!!!

[:D]

FL @};-

13. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Poor Scotlyn. This has got to be so hard for her.

[face_laugh]I love the Rebel vs Empire, which I presume is our cops and robbers. Of course the children needed something to play, though I'm sure if Palpatine had gotten a whiff of that, he would not be pleased. Unless of course if the Empire children were winning. :p

Zekk so needs a girlfriend who is not Jaina. Maybe Scotlyn can accidently push him into another female Jedi who she might have overheard is interested in him or something.

Just something to do until Kyp gets back. [face_whistling]

And I do hope she can manage herself by the time he does.

But there's a question I have to ask. Why wouldn't Scotlyn want Kyp to help her with the eyedrops? Does she not understand that would require some major close body proximity?

Personally I'd ask him to do it more times than is required. But that's just me. :p

Very nice update Mira_Jade.

14. JagsEternalFlame

JagsEternalFlame Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Gracious, we need an update. [face_laugh] [face_batting] Scotlyn felt like she was in emotional limbo there. ;) :D And Kyp... he needs to figure out what she means to him, as in more than a friend. :)

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    iamobiwan1970 : I love Scotlyn's take on all the characters we already know, especially Zekk (Mr. Mope)
    Heeheehee, Mr.Mope . . .

Your descriptions of Ossus continue to be wonderful. Think of all the power of having so many Force sensitives together at once. The Jedi would be so used to it they wouldn't really think of it as specail, just routine. It's sort of like Scotlyn is staying at a Buddhist monastary!
    Exactly!:D

I always was more a Han girl, which is probably why I fell for Kyp so hard. I loved how scotlyn had to be Vader! Was that cause she was so tough? [I alwyas got to be Leia, I was the only girl playing!]
    Yep. I was always Leia too. My sister got to be Vader. LOL.

She should practice finding lips to kiss.
    LOL! That'll come soon.[face_whistling]

Alexis_Wingstar : Yeah, no matter how many new friends you meet, the support of family is most important
    Yep.:(

I'm glad that you are enjoying this. More soon, I've gotten behind.:(

Jade_eyes : She's not pinning at all. LOL.
    I couldn't resist the part with Luke, and the surgery will be soon. I have plot to worl on after that.:p [face_whistling]

Healer_Leona : Thanks!

Emerald_Lady : As always, your responces make my day. :p
    "Ignore her. She has issues."
    [face_laugh] Poor Jaina. Good advice though. LOL

Poor Zekk. Jaina should star in her own soap opera. Oh, wait, she already does...
    Yep, it's called "Black Hair Green Eyes Dueling Circle." On on weeknights, 7-8.

*cough*liar*cough cough*
    [face_whistling] ;)

JagsEternalFlame : Plot stirrer. :p I don't think that I'm going to pair Jaina up with abyone right now. I'll pretty much follow canon, so she'll continue being fickle.:p

Flowerlady : He does:( , I'm glad you are enjoying!:)

Lola64 : I love the Rebel vs Empire, which I presume is our cops and robbers. Of course the children needed something to play, though I'm sure if Palpatine had gotten a whiff of that, he would not be pleased. Unless of course if the Empire children were winning.
    LOL! That would make a good lil' onshot. If scotlyn was Vader though I think she'd kick the butt of the boy playing Luke.
    Palpatine wouldn't mind that at all.:p[face_whistling]

Just something to do until Kyp gets back.
    Hmmm. I'll see what I can do. [face_thinking]

But there's a question I have to ask. Why wouldn't Scotlyn want Kyp to help her with the eyedrops? Does she not understand that would require some major close body proximity?
    Maybe it's something that's rather personal. There's a difference between helping her walk, and putting drops in her eyes. It's easier to feel weaker infront of another woman, but Kyp . . . she wants him to think good of her.:)

Although maybe she should have been thinking the other way. LOL. Yum.=P~

Thanks again for reading![:D]

JagsEternalFlame : Soon!

Jade_eyes
    : Yep, I got a little behind.[face_blush]
    More soon, and maybe some fluff.[face_thinking]

~MJ@};-

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    It's not looked over yet, I have to get off the computer, but here it is!

Entry Nine

The few weeks while Kyp was gone passed slowly. It was annoying, it was aggravating. I was about to put Zekk's face through a wall ? blind or not. I think he felt similarly about me, I really don't care.

He's wonderful when he's not moping.

Then Analee came to me with a surprise.

A guard dog.

The dog was a Inu. A rather tame version of a Nek dog. I hope that it was prettier too. I had no idea though. I had reached down, and the fur was soft, and short, not like the twined spruce that covered the body of a nek dog. I assumed that it looked better.

I learned the hard way that it was a very big dog. As soon as I was down to eye level it liked me with it's rather large tounge. Eew! I had eeped, Analee had laughed, I had glared, and the dog had said -

Yes, it spoke! Not so everyone could hear, it was directly in my mind!

Analee must have seen the confusion on my face, for she then explained that this was the latest development in a extremely intelligent line of lead dogs. The dogs were semi-force sensitive, and were able to convey their thoughts to press in on their charge's mind.

That would be me. Lucky me. I have a dog in my head now, not as if I need anything else out of the ordinary.

The dog was nice though, and I couldn't hear it's thoughts as long as I scratched him behind the ears. Analee then started to explain the dog's role. My dog has been trained to get me around obstacles, and safely where I want to go. Basically I lead, and they make sure that I don't break my neck tripping over anything.

The dogs are color blind though, and not able to interpret things like street signs.

I had laughed there, the color blind leading the blind.

It was almost as bad as a blonde leading a blonde.

I could feel the dog's head look up, and it huffed. I had the faint impression of annoyed amusement, and I smiled, despite myself.

Analee must have smiled too, I could hear it in her voice. Kriff.

Anyway, she spent the following hour taking me around with the dog that I now call Cobi ? short for Color Blind, and things were going pretty good.

I mean, they really couldn't get that much worse.

OoO

I should have wrote this later, things did get worse, and I am slightly ashamed of myself. I've been told that it's completely natural, Analee even said that she would have been surprised if something like this didn't happen, but it did, and I am ashamed.

I sorta, um . . . . I sorta had a break down, diary.

I don't even know why. Things were going pretty good. Analee and I was going through my routines ? simple things like me walking through obstacle courses with my walking stick, an identifying things based on smell, and texture. The latter part was going just fine, I can actually say that I was rather good at it.

The first part was not going so good.

I was tripping, and cursing, and cursing did nothing to stop the tripping, and I guess I just sorta snapped.

You have to understand, I am used to being very physically proficient, and I was always at the top of my classes. I could always outrun the girls, and out-shoot the boys. That was just always me.

Now I was fumbling, and tripping ? and I was even worse than a first year rookie.

I was a perfectionist, and now I was unable to be one.

The dog wasn't helping at all, either. Cobi turned out to be very sarcastic ? and insisted on doing everything on a speed past what I could handle.

One trip latter, and I figured out just how loud I could scream.

I screamed ? figured out that Cobi's ears were very sensitive ? stomped my foot like a little two year old, and proceeded to curse my situation in every language I knew ? that was five, by the way. After that I slumped wearily to the ground, and buried my head in my hands. The tears came out of nowhere, and I was unable to stop them. I was horrified as I glared at my hands. I could feel the salt water run down my cheeks, and it's burn was a foreign one.

Analee was ru

18. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    What a wonderful gift on this rainy youcky day! I love seeing what scotlyn's up to. What happened this post was bound to happen at some point, but it's good Kyp came to make it better.

Then Kyp was next to me again, and his hand grasped my elbow. ?I said, again.? He told me. ?You'll never succeed if you don't try.?

And he would know all about starting over and not giving up, from his dark rampage to his injuries he had to overcome after the suncrusher to even all the people he's lost in his life.

I think I like Kyp, but that is just ridiculous. He's a Jedi, and well, I sorta a blind ? has ? bee. I'm an invalid, and well 0- you've seen him move! It's amazing, it's beautiful, it's ? I'm slipping into fangirl mode again.

She's so cute when she slips into her girlishness. She wants to be so tough, but still she's a mush for love! [face_batting] And all Jedi move more gracefully than normal people, she needs to understand she'd feel that way sighted too.

I really like him though. He's so kind, and funny too! I know he's strong, he's wonderful that way. I've heard stories from Jaina and the others. He's gone through so much,and still he fights every day. I admire that.

See, she likes him!!!![face_love] Hoping for some mushiness too!!!! [face_praying] Soon?
    I?m looking forward to her sister?s opinions on everything. The thinking dog was cool!

Fun!!!! =D=

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Losing her heart too I'll wager. Funny how having him around made the obstacle course go better. [face_laugh] :)
    Hee!! I bet it feels like home now. :)

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh, I love the idea of a semi-Force sensitive dog. What a bond that would be. :D

Awww, poor girl. I can understand, under her circumstances about hvaing a breakdown. Pretty much needed to be done.

Sounds like severe crushing on her knight in shining armor there. o_O

21. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    That would be me. Lucky me. I have a dog in my head now, not as if I need anything else out of the ordinary.

[face_laugh]

Very nice update. I really liked how Kyp was there when she needed it most and refused to let her give up.

22. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    What a wonderful post...=D=

I loved the idea of the dog...[face_idea]

And Scotlyn was bound to have this breakdown.. actually she needed it.

But I think she's falling for our Kyppie...;)

FL @};-

23. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    He's wonderful when he's not moping.

I would have to agree with her assessment of Zekk. [face_mischief]

I couldn't help but think ? if I was just a little faster I could have avoided this. If I was a little stronger I could have killed Nakoni a long time ago. I wouldn't be here now.

Poor Scotlyn. :( Self-blame just makes things that much worse for her.

I smelled the familiar scent of a pine forest after a storm, and something that was uniquely . . .

[face_love]

I think Kyp might have smiled. I had been overjoyed at the thought that I may have made him even slightly proud. My confidence bolstered I walked with him ? and around everything else. I could feel my insecurities fade away, and my tiredness seeped away.

This is so sweet that she's finding the courage to go on in him. It made me get all fangirly.

Great update! I can't wait to see what happens when they both figure out how they feel. [face_batting]

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I want a talking dog! [face_laugh] This update was beautiful from start to finish! Thank you for the PM. :D

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    iamobiwan1970 : And he would know all about starting over and not giving up, from his dark rampage to his injuries he had to overcome after the suncrusher to even all the people he's lost in his life.
    Exactly. Perfection, perfection I say![face_love]

She's so cute when she slips into her girlishness. She wants to be so tough, but still she's a mush for love! And all Jedi move more gracefully than normal people, she needs to understand she'd feel that way sighted too
    I love it too, and you're right. I already feel like a klutz compared to Jedi.:oops:

See, she likes him!!!! Hoping for some mushiness too!!!! Soon?
    I?m looking forward to her sister?s opinions on everything. The thinking dog was cool!

Soon! I promise![face_love]

Jade_eyes : Just slightly![face_love] Kyp makes everything easier, or maybe she wanted to impress him.:p Mushiness makes everything better.

Healer_Leona : It had to be done.:( Now the only way to go is forward.

Lola64 : That's just what he's for. I'm glad you enjoyed!:D

Flowerlady
    : she did need it, I probably should have done it earlier, but *shrug* And yeah, she's falling hard. LOL

Emerald_Lady : This is so sweet that she's finding the courage to go on in him. It made me get all fangirly.

Great update! I can't wait to see what happens when they both figure out how they feel.

Fangirly, I love that.:p
    They'll figure out soon, my muse is getting impatient, and we all know she has the final say in everything. LOL:rolleyes:

AlexisWingstar : Heeheehee, I want one too.:p

Sorry for the long wait. School and DRL has been a pain, but an update will be up in a minute![face_dancing]

[b]~MJ[/b][face_rose]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.