main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Fragments of Illusion - drabbles - Update 4/3/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dianethx, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    The memory of him is a grey ghost, haunting the empty spaces behind me. My Padawan once resided there, his footsteps eagerly shadowing mine.

My heart is in a million tiny pieces. :_|

=D=

2. ClaudiaR

ClaudiaR Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    You love killing Obi don't you!

lovely drabble though

3. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    The emotion that you can convey in such few words is absolutely incredible. I'm trying to think of other words to describe what you accomplish in these drabbles, but so many come to mind, I'm not sure where to begin. Thank you so much, Master for sharing your incredible talent with us and giving other authors like me a role model to try and emulate, although that will never happen. [:D]

By the way, congrats on all your noms! You deserve them![face_dancing]

4. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Awesome update, but so sad! Do you enjoy killing my favorite character? Fantastic writing. I can't wait for more!

5. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    That was so sad! :_|

I was trapped in old pain, too foolish to understand a child's heart.

And he paid for it.
    :_|

Very nice, as always! =D= @};-

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Sorry that it's been awhile. RL is rearing its ugly head again. :[face_sigh]:

Valairy_Scot ? Thanks. I really liked that sentence myself.

Lolly_Tolly ? I know. Thanks.

Gkilkenny ? Thanks. It was very sad!

VaderLVR64 ? Glad you liked it.

ClaudiaR ? Ah, but is he dead? [face_thinking] I never say that he's dead, just that the memory is a ghost. I wanted it to be a question that remains. :D Thanks.

jedidas3 ? Thanks, Patricia. I'm glad that you liked them. Lately, that's all I seem to be able to write. RL is really kicking. Thanks about the noms. I'm thrilled that someone thought well enough of my work to do that. I'm also happy you got so many. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

dimyavie ? But is he dead? Or is he just gone? [face_thinking] It could be either way. You get to decide! Thanks.

Bastet ? Glad you liked it. That drabble is one of my favorites. Thanks.

[b]Title:[/b] Long ago
    [b]Rating:[/b] G
    [b]Characters:[/b] OC and her daughter
    [b]Summary:[/b] Sometimes things must remain hidden whether we want them to or not.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Mama, were the Jedi bad?"

She tried not to react, tried not to draw in a breath both grief-stricken and sharp, tried not to [i]remember[/i]. Carefully, she said, "What makes you say that, sweetling?"

So innocent, so trusting, so sheltered. "My teacher told me. He said that the Jedi were killed because they did bad things to the Emperor."

"It was long ago." Not long enough to erase the memories ? the agonized screams, the stench of spilled blood, the sudden silence. But she kept smiling. "How about some dessert?"

And tried not to think of the lightsaber hidden under her bed.

7. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oooooh, wonderful last line! A Jedi in hiding.

But it does remind me of a Jedi PSA fanfilm about lightsaber safety in the home. [face_mischief]

And how sad about Qui-Gon losing a Padawan! But it occurred to me that it might not be Obi-Wan? Is it possible that Qui-Gon might have lost a young padawan earlier in his life. Possibly even before Obi-Wan was born. I suppose its possible....

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Another fantastic one...such emotion.

Boy, everyone thinks you killed Obi in the one before. I only saw it as the 'ghost of his memory" before they reunited, myself.

You do know, any one you kill Obi, I have to counter?

9. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow, I really liked that one! [face_love]

But stories after the Purge of Jedi in hiding are so sad! :_| Didn't Vader hunt them all down? :_|

Another wonderful job, of course! :D

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    It would be hard for her not to react, being a
    Jedi knowing they tell lies about you.[face_not_talking] :_|

nice=D=

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    "Mama, were the Jedi bad?"

She tried not to react, tried not to draw in a breath both grief-stricken and sharp, tried not to remember. Carefully, she said, "What makes you say that, sweetling?"

So innocent, so trusting, so sheltered. "My teacher told me. He said that the Jedi were killed because they did bad things to the Emperor."

"It was long ago." Not long enough to erase the memories ? the agonized screams, the stench of spilled blood, the sudden silence. But she kept smiling. "How about some dessert?"

And tried not to think of the lightsaber hidden under her bed

Heartbreaking. :_| Yet another lovely work. =D=

12. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    ardavenport - LOL on the lightsaber safety. I'm sure she had to safely hidden from young fingers.
    As for the earlier one, I did mean it to be Obi-Wan after Melida/Daan but it could be any Padawan that a Master has lost - either by death or leaving the Order. Thanks.

Valairy_Scot - Thanks. The previous one was meant to be ambigiuous. LOL on me killing off Obi. I'll have to keep that 'threat' in mind. :D

Bastet - Thanks. Glad you liked it. As for Vader hunting them all down.... well, he certainly thought so. :p

Gkilkenny - Absolutely. It would be very difficult to say anything, especially around a child that might give away the secret without meaning to. Thanks.

VaderLVR64 - I guess you liked it. [face_blush] Thanks!

I haven't updated in a while. RL is being real again, darn it. Plus I'm going on vacation Friday. So I'm going to leave you with an older drabble.

[b]Title:[/b] A hard life
    [b]Summary:[/b] Love and loss often go hand in hand.
    [b]Notes:[/b] This was based on the tome poems from Episode 1 that played on tv before the movie came out. I thought Qui-Gon's was particularly beautiful. I also wanted to write an all-dialogue story.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"A Jedi shall know not love."

"Your eyes betray you. You feel more than duty."

"I never meant to hurt you."

"Qui-Gon Jinn, my poor fool. The Code will break your heart in time. As you have broken mine."

"I never promised more than this."

"Truth... lies, the end is the same. You will be gone and I will have only memories. Half-alive, half-alive without you."

"I cannot be less than I am. I cannot give that up, even for you."

"Go then.... go without love, without regret, damn your eyes. Live your hard life. And leave me to mine!"

13. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Ooooh, I wonder who Qui-Gon is talking to? Very tragic, but very Qui-Gon. Sympathies on the RL. It comes after us all.

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    "A Jedi shall know not love."

"Your eyes betray you. You feel more than duty."

"I never meant to hurt you."

"Qui-Gon Jinn, my poor fool. The Code will break your heart in time. As you have broken mine."

:_| =D=

15. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    :_|

Very sad. :( I also wonder who Qui is talking to, but I guess it doesn't really matter. :(

Brilliant, once again. =D= @};-

16. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    ardavenport - thanks. RL continues to be real, unfortunately. See you at Dragoncon!

VaderLVR64 - Yes, those darn attachment rules. Thanks!

Bastet - It doesn't matter. He can't stay with her and she certainly can't go with him. :_| Thanks for reading.

[b][color=purple]I just want to thank all my readers for the lovely gift of their replies and also to thank those who voted for this series. The award was quite a surprise and I'm thrilled that you all liked the drabbles. Thank you! [face_hugs][/color] [/b]

17. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    Ok, I'm catching up.

Haunting Me and a Hard Life are both beautifully sad, but Long Ago is my favorite. It is also sad and so real. The last line is perfect.

These have all been great and very inspiring. Congratulations on the award.

azizah

18. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    azizah - that's okay. My muse has been in hiding anyway. I'm glad you liked them. I must admit that I really like Long Ago. There's a story in there somewhere. Thanks about the awards. I was really surprised!

A new drabble. Hopefully my muse isn't coming out of her hiding place for a day or so and then going back into hiding again. [face_praying]

And just so you know. I get a lot of ideas from an LJ group - TPM100 challenges. They come out every week with a new one.

[b]Title:[/b] Letting go
    [b]Challenge: [/b] You Should Really Let Me Go.
    [b]Characters: [/b] Master and apprentice
    [b]Genre:[/b] drama
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"You should have let me go," his voice softens into black silk and contempt, "[i]Master[/i]."

"Come back and we'll make this right somehow."

"You have no idea.The delicious terror pulsing through the Force. Pathetic lifeforms yielding their life's blood." Smiling, he takes a step closer. "The [i]power[/i]."

"Padawan?"

"Yet power demands sacrifice." And in one impossible move, he spears saber-fire through my chest, impaling me. "Yours."

Unable to breathe, knowing I'd only moments to live, I whisper, "Not letting you go."

He laughs, "Brave words for a dead man."

Young fool. Death cannot stop me.

I'll never let him go.

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, she's back. Sorry, but I'm not particularly full of words today - so I'll just say I liked it. I did.

"Black silk and contempt." Love it.

20. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Whoa! creepy from both sides!

Amazing how you do it with so few words.

P.S. I also loved the one about the mother with the lightsaber under her bed. That's so symbolic, somehow. I guess because under the bed is also where we keep our monsters. Great writing.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Powerful writing, in only a few words getting so much emotions.

Like them all.=D==D=

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    He laughs, "Brave words for a dead man."

Young fool. Death cannot stop me.

I'll never let him go.

An emotional 1-2 punch. :_|

=D=

And no, not NEARLY settled in! :D

23. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Haunt him in the afterlife[face_idea]

good.=D=

24. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Ack! Some of these drabbles (like this newest one) hit like a punch to the gut. As in, it leaves the person reading it breathless. :eek: Loved the last line very much.

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Valairy_Scot - Yes back for a little while. I'm going on vacation starting next weekend but I'm going to take the laptop with me and hopefully get some work done! Thanks. Glad you liked it. That's enough for me. :)

ratna ? Yes, thanks. I was going for creepy! [face_dancing]

As for the mother's one, I did put it under the bed for that reason. I considered the closet but the bed is where all the beasties hide. Thanks.

earlybird-obi-wan ? Thanks. Glad you enjoyed them.

VaderLVR64 ? Just happy it worked. And don't worry. You'll get settled in eventually. [face_whistling]

Gkilkenny ? Yes, haunt him in the afterlife. Thanks.

LuvEwan ? Thanks so much. I've been having fun with the drabbles, mainly because they don't have any pressure to perform with them. Longer things, I'm always worried about making everything right.[face_worried] Drabbles are much easier to control, I find. As for the last line, it gave me fits! Glad you liked it.

[b]Title:[/b] Broken
    [b]Characters:[/b] Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan
    [b]Genre: [/b] angst, JA
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Shatterpoint.

I thought Xan found mine the day he Turned.

My heart disintegrated into fragments so sharp that they would shred those who came near. I became barbed, cynical, using razored words and harsh glares to drive away those who dared try to comfort me.

I was left alone with nothing but hope's loss. And a thousand bitter memories.

Now there is a green-eyed child who might repair the broken man, bring a shattered and lost fool back into life again.

Or he might destroy what's left.

Dare I risk my heart a second time?

I'm about to find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.