main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Free London Symphony Orchestra Concert - July 13 at Canary Wharf in London

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by LAJ_FETT , Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    sounds like a plan - i dont think the park will know whats hit them tho lol

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The thousand members of the Fan Force army will descend upon their park, our cheers will drown out their orchestra! :D

3. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    It'll be a little chilly to bare our (airbrushed) chests though :p

4. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998

Or we could all bring kazoos and join in! :D

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I don't know Sie, I give you one job to do and...... :p
    Sounds good to me. It would have been easier to organise a party if CE spanded more days, but this event is as good as any to have a big meet of FanForcers outside the complex. I still think it may clash with the screening of ANH, but part of me would rather go to this anywho.

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah, sorry. Main problem was living too far away from London. When they don't answer all other means of communication, usually I can do a face-to-face meeting (unless of course, I live about as far away from London as possible in England :p)

But this is as good an excuse as any for FFers to hang round together in a large group. (And there are bars etc around there too ;))

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So if we're going for the picnic type of party, how do we organise the food?

8. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    There is a Waitrose at Canary Wharf prehaps we could raid that ?

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I have gathered a list of all (or at least most) the food places around Canada Square and the local area - and yep, there is a Waitrose. Good shop, maybe a little more expensive than some, I used it a lot back home (until they moved) because they had a good vegetarian chilled section.

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    As long as they have something other than egg or cheese based foods I'll be happy. The only people I know of that do really good veggie food is Cranks, but then you'd expect them to do great stuff.

11. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm fine with raiding any shop the majority tells me to :p

12. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Opening Ceremony will be at 6:30 pm on Friday, I heard... So, we have to decide... [face_plain]

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Can't we do both? We could go to the opening ceremony and then watch the end of the concert.

14. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    So i'm confused, whats happening:confused:

Whats this ANH showing and what opening ceremony???

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I can't find a link, so I'll post what I got in the email.

That's pretty much it.

I'm hoping I can post that, it's not hyperspace or fan club only stuff.

16. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Thanks, I think we could do both :)

17. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It would be great if we could do both: Opening Ceremony and concert! :)

18. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Friday, July 13
    Outdoor Stage, Royal Victoria Square (Directly west of ExCeL Center)

18:30 ? 19:00 Celebration Europe Opening Ceremonies. Host Steve Sansweet kicks off the
    Celebration of 30 years of Star Wars, and introduces special guests, including Ian McDiarmid, the distinguished actor who portrayed Palpatine in the Star Wars Saga.

19:00 ? 21:30 A New Hope Screening. Benefiting Medicinema, the charitable organization that brings theater-quality movie experiences to hospitals, the screening of the first movie of the Star Wars Saga is set to take place on the Royal Victoria Square. Bring a picnic, or purchase food and beverages to benefit Medicinema, while you enjoy an outdoor, informal evening with other Star Wars fans!
    21:30 onward Opening Night Mixer at Fox Pubs. Join fellow Star Wars fans for fun and maybe a few drinks at the Fox Pubs, right next to the ExCeL center.

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/f20070706/index.html

So the opening ceremony is only 30 mins (6:30-7pm) - we can go to that, head down to Canary Wharf and possibly (and that's a huge possibly) get there for just after 7:30pm and get to listen to some cool music. Only problem is when we get food.

And after the concert, head back to ExCel for the Opening Night Mixer at the Fox Pubs - sound like a plan?

What I DO recommend is everyone get their DLR ticket BEFORE the opening ceremony and before we head out to Canary Wharf. That way we can go straight to DLR and not have a queue of people rushing to get DLR tickets from the machines. I'll have already got mine from going to get Obi Anne in the morning.

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Can't we get the underground there?

20. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    No underground out there in the sticks Moose. Well, if there's a bright center to London, you're on the station that it's (almost) farthest from.

But, when I say get a ticket for DLR, that is the one we keep talking about - one day travelcard (zones 1-4) which can be used on underground and DLR. At least where we'll be heading ;) And the DLR feels a little like the railway in Spiderman 2 where Spidey and Dr Oc fight, so rather than being underground, you are a little above it! Variety in travelling! :p

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    As long as the travel card covers both then it's ok. :)

22. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    How much is a travel card? :)

23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It would be great if we could do both, but I go with the majority on this one.

24. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Travelcard zones 1-4 is about £5.70
    And it might be quicker to get the DLR to canning Town and then the tube to Canary Wharf. You do miss out on the fun parts of the DLR that way but saves you waiting around for the right DLR train.

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    What you posted Moose has had me chuckling for days lol. Made me think of a poster I want to do for myself (maybe a T-Shirt front) ... though still a work in progress ...

[image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/ExCel%20and%20London/300_style_poster.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.