main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Freeze-Frame (humor, Obi, Ani, Padme) Thanks so much, everyone!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dianethx, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Title: Freeze-Frame
    Author: dianethx
    Timeframe: AOTC sort of
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Genre: humor, AU
    Keywords: workshop, impossible, AOTC
    Summary: What would happen if movie characters could actually think about what was going on?
    Notes: This was for the workshop #1. [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/27802014/p1/?69] Anakin's Anger Management Courses: A study in writing humor [/link] We chose a number and were given a scene from one of the Star Wars movies and told to make it funny. It also had to be short, about 500 words. This one is a little longer but not by much.

I was given this one. I thought it was an impossible task to make funny... oh dear.

Attack of the Clones: At the end, Padme and the Jedi find them self surrounded... and in a situation that would certainly end in death.

Disclaimer: These characters belong in total to George Lucas. I'm just borrowing them for a while. No credits have changed hands.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PAUSE

Everything stopped. The thousands of droids surrounding them, Geonosian bugs flying around, clone-ships descending, Jedi defending themselves in the arena - everything around them seemed to shimmer and then freeze into place.

Obi-Wan let out a sigh - an annoyed sigh. This had been happening too much lately and they were all getting tired of it. "Blast, they did it again." He turned to Padmé and said, "Did you see who got the remote and paused it?"

"No, it's too hazy. I can't see a thing." She shook her head. "Ani?"

Anakin looked around, frowning into the distance, "I think... I don't know. I hope it's the boy. Please let it be the boy. Fighting and crashing into things I can take but that romance stuff is...." He scraped at his face with one hand. "She keeps rewinding and watching us over and over again. It's annoying."

"Ani, we're in trouble. It's the girl."

"E chuta." Anakin shuddered and looked at Padmé, his eyes haunted. "She's going to rewind back to the fireplace scene again, isn't she?"

Obi-Wan groaned. "I hope not. I don't think I could take one more 'kiss and scar' rendition. It makes me nauseous."

"You're not the only one, Master." Anakin scrunched his face up as if he smelled something bad. "What's worse was the 'sand - coarse and gets everywhere' poodoo. Who writes that kind of kriffing nonsense?"

Padmé shrugged. "It's not that bad, Ani."

Not for the first time, Anakin scowled at her. "It's Anakin, Padmé. An-A-Kin. Not Ani. Ani's a girl's name."

"But your mom calls you Ani."

"She also calls me pookie-pie." As Obi-Wan started to laugh, Anakin muttered, "Kenobi, don't even start."

There was a mischievous glint in Obi-Wan's eyes as he said, "At least, no one called you Oafy-Wan. I think pookie-pie suits you."

Anakin snapped back, "Listen, old man...."

"Stop it, both of you." Padmé pointed out into the haze. "We're in trouble. The old lady took the remote away from the girl and you know where this is going."

"Yeah, to 'Revenge' and that bedroom scene." Anakin gave Padmé a knowing smile but Obi-Wan just groaned again.

"If you had pulled in your stomach a little more as you moved from Padmé's bedroom onto the veranda, your pajamas would have fallen off and then where would you have been?"

"In an NC-17 movie?" Anakin said eagerly.

"At least I kept my clothes on," Obi-Wan grumbled.

"Yeah, well the old lady also watches the end of 'Phantom Menace' where you and Qui-Gon are taking off your robes and she does it in slow motion." Anakin then reminded him. "Over and over again."

"She has good taste," Obi-Wan said softly.

Padmé laughed. "I enjoy that scene myself."

Anakin looked horrified. "You do? Qui-Gon's old enough to be your father."

"But he's not." She looked very content, smiling just a bit, as if thinking naughty thoughts.

"Padmé...."

Obi-Wan turned away, looking out into the distance, aghast. "

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    That is great! All of it, yet somehow...

Anakin shouted, "How could she!!! Luke's is in training to be a Jedi. She shouldn't be watching him just because he doesn't have a shirt on. Let me at her. I'm going to delete that scene. She's looking at my little boy and thinking evil thoughts."

"Calm down, Anakin. It's going to be all right."

"Listen Kenobi, you tell me one more time it's only a movie and we're going at it, Mustafar or no Mustafar."

3. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    As I said before, this was totally awesome :cool: I'm still giggling... and I don't even know what my most favorite part is!!!

That was a really hard scene to do. As I sat there thinking them up, I kind of had ideas with each one... but this one left me clueless. You did a great job with it! It's so funny because each and every one of us, at some time or another, has been guilty of doing this! [face_laugh]

*continues giggling*

AnakinsFavorite

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You've been spying on me. [face_shame_on_you] That's not nice. :p

This was perfect!

Anakin snapped back, "Listen, old man...."

"Boys, boys, we're in trouble." Padme pointed out past the haze. "The old lady took the remote away from the girl and you know where this is going...."

"Yeah, to Revenge and that bedroom scene...." Anakin gave Padme a knowing smile but Obi-Wan just groaned again.

"If you had pulled in your stomach a little more as you moved from the bedroom onto the veranda, your pajamas would have fallen off and where would you have been then?"

"In an NC-17 movie?" Anakin said eagerly.

"At least I kept my clothes on." Obi-Wan was standing there, feeling quite smug about it.

=P~ I mean...what? Where were we? [face_whistling]

Loved it! =D=

5. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Anakin shouted, "How could she!!! Luke's is in training to be a Jedi. She shouldn't be watching him just because he doesn't have a shirt on. Let me at her. I'm going to delete that scene. She's looking at my little boy and thinking evil thoughts."
    [face_laugh] I love protective-father Anakin. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Padme spoke up, pointing out into the haze. "The boy! The boy is back."

All three of them let out a cheer and shifted back into place.

With an abrupt click as the DVD slid in, the arena reappeared suddenly and they found themselves surrounded by thousands of droids.

Thankfully!

[face_laugh] This was absolutely hysterical! Somehow, I can't help but think Luke, Leia and Han all groan too when I put on a DVD. :p Hmmm...[face_thinking] You're giving me plot bunnies! [face_laugh]
    Wonderful!
    =D= =D==D==D=

6. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    OMG!!!!!

I can't stop laughing!!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

It was so unbelievably great, that I had to read it all again after immediately finishing it the first time!!!! :D

Fantastic post, one to cherish!!!! =D=

7. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Valairy_Scot ? Thanks. LOL. I had a great time writing it once I got past the shock of having to write something funny for this scene.

AnakinsFavorite ? Yes, when you sent me the scene, I had no clue about how to handle it. In fact, I almost gave up but my fried brain kept saying freeze frame so I went with that.

I know I do this, going back, playing the robe removal in slow motion! :eek: :D LOL. Glad you liked it.

VaderLVR64 ? LOL. I think a lot of us do this. Our favorite scenes over and over again. LOL. Thanks. I'm just happy it made you laugh.

dancing_star ? LOL. I figured Anakin would be very protective, even more than Padme.

Glad you liked it. I bet Luke, Leia and Han groan when you put in the DVD and fast forward to the good stuff! ;) LOL. Plot bunny away!

Anakin_Heartbreaker ? LOL. Glad I made you laugh. :D I had a great time writing it. Thanks for commenting!

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    That was perfect!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"Boys, boys, we're in trouble." Padme pointed out past the haze. "The old lady took the remote away from the girl and you know where this is going...."

"Yeah, to 'Revenge' and that bedroom scene...." Anakin gave Padme a knowing smile but Obi-Wan just groaned again.

There's nothing wrong with watching that scene over and over. I mean, the cinematography was breathtaking, the editing spot-on, etc. It has nothing to do with a shirtless Anakin slowly pulling on his robe as he walks into the light... =P~ :p

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Community Squirrel Whisperer star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow, what a hilarious and original way to go. Their discussion of who may have the remote is fantastic.

Not for the first time, Anakin scowled at her. "It's Anakin, Padme. Not Ani. An-A-Kin. Ani's a girl's name."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"Yeah, well the old lady also watches the end of 'Phantom Menace' where you and Qui-Gon are taking off your robes and she does it in slow motion." Anakin then reminded him, "Over and over again."

:eek: How... how did you know?!?

10. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Gina - There's nothing wrong with watching that scene over and over. I mean, the cinematography was breathtaking, the editing spot-on, etc. It has nothing to do with a shirtless Anakin slowly pulling on his robe as he walks into the light...

:D :p Any excuse, LOL. Thanks for reading.

Leona - LOL, how did I know? Because I do that myself. [face_love] Thanks for commenting. I really appreciate it.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    mixing it up [face_laugh][face_laugh] that was hilarious. Great response to that workshop challenge. Are you doing a sequel?

12. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    "Yeah, well the old lady also watches the end of 'Phantom Menace' where you and Qui-Gon are taking off your robes and she does it in slow motion." Anakin then reminded him, "Over and over again."

"She has good taste." Obi-Wan said softly.

Padme laughed. "I enjoy that scene myself."

Anakin looked horrified. "You do? Qui-Gon's old enough to be your father."

"But he's not," she said, smiling just a bit as if thinking naughty thoughts.

Wow, for once I agree with Padme!!;)

Great Job Diane! Very creative idea, and highly entertaining!!

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"The old lady took the remote away from the girl and you know where this is going...."

"Yeah, to 'Revenge' and that bedroom scene...." Anakin gave Padme a knowing smile but Obi-Wan just groaned again.

Nothin wrong with that =P~ =P~ =P~

Awesome response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Obi-Wan groaned. "I hope not. I don't think I could take one more 'kiss and scar' rendition. It makes me nauseous."

That was outrageously funny! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Bravo! =D=

15. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    dianethx, this is brilliant. :D And with such a difficult scene to work with - I'm in awe. Loved Anakin being overprotective of Luke's Dagobah scenes. :p And Obi-Wan with, 'She has good taste'... [face_laugh]

Wonderful work. =D=

16. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was absolutely wonderful, Master! Is there anything that you can't write. You are amazing and I'm so honored to be your Padawan.

17. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

That was so funny.[face_laugh]

It brought back my own memories of watching particular
    scenes over and over again.

Especially any scene Obi-Wan was in.[face_blush]

18. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    earlybird-obi-wan ? Thanks so much. I had fun writing it. A sequel? no, I don't think so. I'm one of those weird people that loves to read sequels but hates to write them.:eek: But thank you!

Captain_Observant ? LOL about agreeing with Padme. I agree with her myself! [face_love] I'm glad you enjoyed it!

KELIA ? LOL. That bedroom scene. Thanks. Happy that you liked it.

Jade_Pilot ? LOL. I'm glad you thought it was funny. Thanks a lot!

Knight_Aragorn ? Thanks. It was really a difficult scene to make humorous. I really panicked when I saw the challenge. LOL on the good taste. I think so, too. Thanks.

jedidas3 ? Thanks, Padawan. Sure, there are lots of things I can't write! [face_worried] Thanks and I'm happy to be your Master, too!

Gkilkenny ? LOL. I must admit I watch those scenes over and over again. :p LOL on the Obi-Wan scenes. Me, I'm partial to Qui-Gon![face_love] Thanks for reading.

19. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    "That's it! Leia needs a cloak. And full body armor. And a mask!"

I loved how Anakin got so irate about his children. [face_laugh] And I loved Padme blasting the ground at Obi-Wan and Anakin's feet to break it up.

20. azizah

azizah Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    I missed this. :oops: I need to pay more attention.

I read it twice, with a big stupid grin on my face. I loved this:

"Listen Kenobi, you tell me one more time it's only a movie and we're going at it, Mustafar or no Mustafar."

and

"You aren't supposed to be fighting with each other in this movie. Save it for 'Revenge'."

"But he started it."

"I did not."

[face_laugh]

Very funny and very original and I think you touched on a cord with all of us who watch certain scenes over and over (and over).

21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Oops, it's been a while. Sorry that I didn't reply earlier. My notification emails weren't working.

Magier - Thanks so much for reading. I had fun writing it.

azizah - I certainly watch some scenes over and over again! [face_love] Glad you liked it. It was really fun.

22. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *cracks up* [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh my, this is just hilarious! HEE! I love the commentary that the characters provide on both the best and worst parts of the movies. Especially loved how Anakin completely lost it when he learned that the old man was looking at Leia when she was in the slave costume. Great job! Love it. :D

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    AngelQueen - Thanks so much. I had a lot of fun writing this one and thinking of all the scenes that fans love to watch over and over again. I'm particularly partial to the disrobing scene with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. [face_love]

Glad you liked it!

24. Helen_Taft

Helen_Taft Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2008
    Oh this was completely hilarious. You definately had me from the first line. You have their voices brilliantly; I could see it unfold in my head. Wonderful!

"Listen Kenobi, you tell me one more time it's only a movie and we're going at it, Mustafar or no Mustafar." LMAO! Love it![face_love] =D= =D=

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Helen_Taft - Thanks so much. I loved writing it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.