main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Friday May 2nd - Game Night [SFF Monthly Meeting]

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by IamaSith, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    What: GAME NIGHT / Official Meeting
    When: Friday May 2nd, 2008 at 8 PM [AFTER Rip's son's baseball game - All are invited to that at 6 PM same fields as last year - PM him for info.]
    Where: RipRoar's house [pm or email me or RIP to get directions if needed].
    Why: Because Rip say's it's been too long since he has had you over to the house
    How: Like old times
    Who: ALL Active members of both groups that can make it.

Can get together for games, social talk - stay in or go out later in evening [Open to All ideas - maybe celebrate w/ Rip for his birthday from day before?].

IF NEED BE - switch to Saturday for all members to attend (Vote Here your choice of days). May end up having an armor pull on saturday!

2. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    Friday night would be too much for me to get off work and take care of what I need to get done around here. Saturday sounds more feasible. Might be able to make one weekend or the next, but kind of doubt both. I traded the Imperial Shuttle and I am now in command of a Star Destroyer! Talk about an upgrade! [face_laugh] Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Four months is too long!

3. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    That's ok! Just going to go out and acknowledge another year older if others want to come along.... THERE WILL BE A ARMOR PULL SOON...

4. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Since it sounds like this is going to be a Friday night event, I might try and see what I can do. Might cut a little close getting there. Will keep ye posted. "Empire Gu Brath!"

5. SmashVadersFist

SmashVadersFist Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2007
    Either works for me as long as I do not end up on call.

6. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    It's Friday!

7. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    As of right now, I am going!

8. Magic_Vader_83

Magic_Vader_83 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 27, 2007
    let me know what I need to do to get some armour. As in how much money I need to provide if I need to buy plastic and if so from who and all those sorts of details. I have been out of it just concentrationg on my school work this semester so...I still would like to get some armour let me know what I need to do to make that happen and I'll make it happen. Also.....whats the scoop on the clone armour? Would we be able to pull clones by augest's Clone Wars Movie?

9. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    Magic,

You know that the cost of armor is ALWAYs a burden you put on yourself (It's definitely a labor of love we SW geeks can't seem to say no too)

REMINDER: Salisbury Fan Force and The Imperial Remnant do not SELL armor. Both groups do however pool their resources from time to time and buy in bulk the plastic they need to PULL each active member's desired armor with a lot of sweat and equity put in with each other to accomplish this. Free labor and fun times but no one buys it outright - YOU put in the time to pull it etc. on your own costumes (That's the legal response the groups understand directly from Lucas Film - that you can make for yourselves as fans but NO PROFITING OFF COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS - direct from Steven Sansweet to RipRoar).

Since you and the rest of the group was given the opportunity on several occasions to buy the remaining plastic from Rip that he ended up having to buy from the founder when he split - you may be out of luck for awhile since everyone seems to have all the plastic they need for their current projects. You can always go directly to the source and buy your own but you there is no guarantee to pull your stuff right now since there are many in line ahead of you. There have been some major life events recently that have slowed things down for both groups but things are getting back on track now.

Private Message Rip about buying your own plastic from the founder's source and arranging for a PULL session in the future possibly when the rest of the group is not meeting - I'm sure he can work with you (All his plastic is spoken for now). The Clone is not done - most likely not by opening of movie either. From what I understand it will fit someone Rips size and slightly larger or smaller when completed.

Goodluck!

REMINDER: Salisbury Fan Force and The Imperial Remnant do not SELL armor.

10. Magic_Vader_83

Magic_Vader_83 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 27, 2007
  11. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I am going to bring my "projects" that I have been working on this year, what little I have done and let you all take a look at them. Still a long way to go on the PVC E-11 and the MG-34. I am looking forward to Friday night.

12. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    This won't start until we get home from my son's baseball game +- 8pm. If you get here before we get home - wait around we won't be long! This will not be a armor party this time - simply a game night or night out to celebrate friends and an excuse to go out for my B-day! Miss you all! Hope you can make it!

RipRoar

13. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Magic - I offered the remaining plastic to you on several occasions but without a taker, I had to buy it myself from our former founder of the IR group. I have all of it spoken for now and projects ahead of any new ones (Most likely for the entire summer pull season). However - if you buy your own and arrange for a weekend to come by (PM me first to work out times and dates), I'm sure I can work with you - and you know we do not sell anything so you would have to put in the time to PULL your own stuff! That's the rules both legal and our policy.

Your convention plans sound like FUN! Hope it works out for you to meet your Ghost Busters actor and see the car! ImaSith called me and asked about your vader suit - Star (Karen) has it - PM her on Myspace and ask her. My wife has had nothing to do with the repair you asked for - not sure what has or has not been done. Good luck with it.

14. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I am planning on being there! I plan to leave the base here in the Outer Rim around 1900. That should put me there right around 2000. Look for Star Destroyer in the neighborhood! :eek:

15. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    THANK YOU

Dodge, Paul, Jerry, Mark, Karen, Kathy, Ethan and Sarah for hanging out last night at I M P E R I A L C E N T E R! A special Thank you to Paul for providing the sodas and snacks ($35.25 in Snacks THANK YOU!). Looking forward to the next one...

16. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Had a blast! Always look forward to our get togethers. Looks like I left the receipt in the bag. :oops: You do enough for us and after all, it is your Man Cave. Least I could do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.