main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Friends, collectors, countrymen, lend me your ears!...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Sithman, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    ...BECAUSE I GOT TEH GUNSHIP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!1! w000000000000000000000000000t!!!!!!111111111!!!!!!

Yes, hell has frozen over, pigs fly, and Sithy has TEH GUNSHIP!!!!

So the UPS truck goes by my house around 11 oclock this morning, like it usually does, but DOESN'T STOP!!!!! I literally was screaming (which terribly embarrassed mom :D ) and telling it to stop!!!! I was so mad!
    So I sulk for the rest of the day.
    Then, at 3:24 P.M. September 4th, 2002 something happened.

I hear the sound of a truck coming down the street. My brother goes "Ooooooh Kev, listen!" By this time I'm so grumpy I just go "Pete, that's the school bus." Then, it rounds the bend, in all it's glorious, gleaming brown color!!! IT WAS THE UPS TRUCK!!!

I played air guitar and danced around my room (literally) for about 10 seconds before screaming downstairs to the front door. THERE IT WAS!!!!!!!! :D

Unfortunately, I had to go ALL the way up to the local college where I'm taking classes before I could open it because I had to pick something up there. The whole way there and back I'm practically BURSTING with anticipation.

Then I arrived home. :D :D

I raced up to my room with the box, gently nestled it onto my bed, slapped in the AOTC in my CD player, turned up the volume... then I turned my attention to the box that awaited me. :D

I ripped open the outer boxes to the Star Wars Main Theme, battled with uncooperative twist-ties to the AOTC "Mystery Theme", and put stickers on to the tune of the Imperial March (in the end of AOTC).

Finally it was done: 3 clonetroopers and Yoda stood on it's main deck and I flew it around my room making "brrrrRRRRrrr" noises, even playing the music in my head. :D

Alas, it has been a day long remembered, but it is time for me to retire.

I shall have more to tell tomorrow, I'm sure. :D

[image=http://bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Emporer-01.gif]
    ~Sithman~

2. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
  3. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

REJOICE!!!

~Saber_Holder~

4. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    "Your patience has paid off."

Congratulations, Sithman!

5. jawamonkey

jawamonkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    yay!!!!!!!!! did you write another poem yet?

6. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    yay for sithman!!!

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    THANKS GUYS!!!! :D

Yes, a poem, pics, and pointless posts are DEFINITELY ON THE WAY!!! :D My dad's bringing the digital camera home from work tomorrow (or on Friday) so I'll take pics of my whole collection for Postman's "Collection Pics" thread! :D

First off, this bad boy is HUUUUUUGE! Not just big, HUGE. Do you have the Millenium Falcon figure? This one is at LEAST 1 and and a half times bigger. Yes. It's HUGE.

It's got SO many things to shoot, levers to move (those slotted doors on the sides open and close :D), and LOTS of detail!!

w00000t!

8. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I shall give you words of advice that many of my friends gave me three weeks ago at my wedding.

"IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!"

That is all, return to your cabins and await further instruction on the debarkation process.

9. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

1 and a half times biger?!?!?!

FOR THE LOVE OF THE FORCE!

[face_plain] ... :D :D :D :D :D

~Saber_Holder~

10. jawamonkey

jawamonkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    whoa monkeys 1 1/2 times bigger than the falcon? *moves the bantha and rancor off my tv in anticipation for MY gunship*

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yeh, I had to rearrange all my shelves and stuff just to fit it in. :D

Me loves my precioussssss. :D

12. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    SITHY!!!!!!!!

Dude I'm so happy for ya! Now where are those pics of TEH Gunship in all its glory?? :)

Good job my friend!

13. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Congrats sithy, now you dont have to worship pictures of the Gunship anymore, cause you can worship the Gunship itself now ;) J/K :p

14. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Doesnt this belong in the New Acquisitions Thread? Lol...im just kidding sithman, congrats on getting your "prize".

15. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I Lurked through the WHOLE Gunship Thread (All Hail The Mighty Republic Gunship!) & have loved it since I first saw it. Congratulations Sithman! We all know how you felt when waiting for That Very Special SW Package in the mail. And isn't Rearranging your SW shelves half the Fun of Collecting?Until that Shuttle comes anyway!
    Gotta Love Toys!! Enjoy the Gunship!(hopefully TRU will get it soon!I need it Bad too!!)

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Stove, actually Neck said I could have my own thread. :D

"And isn't Rearranging your SW shelves half the Fun of Collecting?"

Dude, I totally agree. I love dusting my bedroom because I usually spread out the ordeal over a good hour's time. I blast Star Wars music, play around when I take my ships off the shelves (to dust the the shelves) and it's really fun (though my family thinks it's funny that I enjoy dusting so much. :p

Oh, and at least 3 times when I was going to bed last night I looked up, and just to see that magnificant sillouette of TEH GUNSHIP just sorta gave me chills. :D I love this ship. :D

17. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Congrads Sithy..........sounds as though was a glorious day for you.

18. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    WooHoo Sithman! :D

19. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I know Sithman I was just kidding...im glad you got the Gunship finally...its good that you didnt fall down the stairs running to get it :)

20. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Coolness, Sithman! :D

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    So I got home from class today...

Walked into my room and said "WHOA! Pete [my brother] there's a gunship in my room!". I say that everytime I walk into my room now, and he's getting quite annoyed. :p

So after walking in, I stare at teh gunship for a while, make little blaster noises, then I start to get inspired. I pick up teh gunship, fly it around the house. The whole time making it's engine sounds everytime it makes a banked turn. :D

Ah yes, I think a gunship should be in EVERYONE's house. :D

22. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    im happy for ya sithman, i really am, its just that after all this i want the gunship even more, does anyone know when it will be coming out in stores and how much does it cost?

23. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    where did you order it from?

24. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    A guy brought a gunship to our FF meeting last night....I don't collect toys, but I may have to pick one of those bad boys up, espeically since they're only $40. Holding that thing reminded me of my day's in the snow with my AT-AT...very nice. Kept thinking I was breaking it with all the guns unintentionally popping off, but wow that's some hunk of plastic. Congrats on your purchase! :)

25. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "...but wow that's some hunk of plastic."

Boy, you said it, Chewie. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.