main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Friends, collectors, countrymen, lend me your ears!...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Sithman, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    IM not old enough to get a job or else i would get one!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Oh, well then you're excused. :p

3. josheee

josheee Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    Still no gunship here. Still no update on where it is......it left IL on the 10th for WA and hasn't made it here yet. I wonder how many more days it will be. :-(

4. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I have to report a gunship sighting in East Tennessee. I had run to Wal-Mart because a local radio station was conducting a remote with an American flag that people could sign with messages for our troops overseas. Anyway, my main intent was to go sign the flag.

Upon going into Wal-Mart, I headed for the toy department, why else would people go to Wally World? Upon getting there, I glanced down at the second shelf and saw a lone gunship box. In disbelief, I picked it up to examine it more closely. I have to say, it does look impressive.

I did not purchase it for a couple of reasons. First, the fact that I am currently unemployed and don't have $40 to be spending freely. Second, living in a one bedroom apartment with my wife and our feline child, I don't think I would have room for it. And third, being 26, I don't have a real need for the gunship. So I decided to leave the treasure I found for someone who would enjoy it more.

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    ^^^Sign of a true SW collector, great job, dude! I hope some happy kid finds it and not a scalper. :(

6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I`m only 13 can`t get a work permit til I`m 14.Allowance is a Job.Sithman you don`t want to meet my dad.He is worse than Palpatine,and Vader combined.
    8-}

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Just for the heck of it, I started mowing lawns and shoveling snow when I was around 12, I got about $10-$25 a week from that in the summer. I never got allowance.

Don't gimme that "there's no way to get money" stuff. :p

8. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    feline child? ?[face_plain]

:p

9. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    feline child = cat right

10. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    Yes, our feline child is our cat. Since we don't have kids yet, she is our baby, and she gets spoiled rotten. So instead of dropping $40 on the gunship, I have to focus on her and my wife right now.

11. josheee

Aug 16, 2002
    Yesterday (Friday the 13th) was a lucky day because my Gunship FINALLY arrived!!!

It's still in the box right now, but I'm going to build it soon. When I do, I'll take pictures of it and my whole collection. Not sure how long it'll be, but I FINALLY got it!

I'm VERY excited.

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Still in the box?? [face_shocked]

DUDE! TAKE IT OUT!

13. josheee

Aug 16, 2002
    I know...it's KILLING me!

I open everything up and display it on shelves. Right now though, that's not possible, as I just ran out of room this week.

You don't understand what my Star Wars room looks like right now. It's insane. I bought a ton of stuff this week, and it's taking up all the shelves AND the whole floor. Literally. You can't even walk in there. I'm going to need more shelves for it all. The Gunship is among those things, and I want to get my new shelves built before I open it up and display it in all it's glory.

The second I do, I'll be sure to post the pictures though. Right now I'm just so happy looking at the box and knowing it's finally mine.

14. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Sithman my Mom,and Dad raised my allowance to $20 per week.With that the Gunship will be mine in no time. [face_mischeif]

15. Grand_Theft_Jedi

Grand_Theft_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002
    Well, I finally broke down and ordered my Gunship from Toys R Us/Amazon.com. Ordered it yesterday, it should be processed today and delivered by Wednesday.

I am soooooooooo excited!!!!!!

16. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

$20 per week?!?!?! Your spoiled!!! :p I get $5!!! :eek:

~Saber_Holder~

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    $20 per week means he's spoiled AND rich. :p

I have to WORK for my money.

Of course, I make way more a week than your allowance. ;)

18. yavinjabba

yavinjabba Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    JediJunkie247, hat's off to you.

We're both the same age and I kinda know what it's like. I recently accepted defeat and moved back home, where the first thing I got was the GUNSHIP.

It is mighty impressive. The only complaint I'll ever have is the questionable grappling hook string holder. I hope you get your gunship soon.

Does anyone else out there pick this thing up and start humming the Apocalypse Now music?

19. josheee

Aug 16, 2002

When I was growing up, my allowance was only 2 bucks a week (5 dollars was the highest it ever got when I was 13). Back then Star Wars guys at the local Payless were still 2.75-5.00

I never got the ships, except at Christmas time...and even then, I think I only had 2 or 3.

And Nowadays...I can't go move back in with my Dad to save money for more toys because I have my own mortgage to think about. Hehe.

You guys should thank your lucky stars that you get an allowance big enough to buy ANY Star Wars toys, because when I was your age....blah blah blah.

(I just wanted to say all this, because even though I'm 27, all this talk about allowances has me feeling REALLY old)

But....I'm Just kidding. Kinda.

20. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    Thanks for your support yavinjabba, but ships really are not my focus with my collecting. I focus more on figures personally, so when I do have money I purchase action figures rather than ships.

Anyway, good news. I just got a new job. So as soon as I amass some some cash, I will be buying some new things, If there is anything worth spending it on.

21. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey I have to do more work! I have to clean the whole damn house! I`m not rich.Sithman you said your self you got $25 dollars per week! I`m not spoiled. Where do you think all my figures come from.My own damn wallet.Before I had only $5 bucks per week.I know a kid who get`s almost all his figs from his Mom`s pocket! I have to clean the whole house,and plus it`s not a perminit allowance! I told her I wanted to get some thing AKA The Gunship. Listen to me I had $5 bucks per week! all summer! She said I could do it till I had enough to get the gunship off amazon! I only can do it for a little while.A spoiled person whines til he gets his way! I`m far from that! I get figures from my own wallet! I just can`t say Dad can I have a fig? He`ll say no! The only time I get spending money is when I go to a friend`s house! Which is about $2.I don`t want you guy`s to think I`m spoiled. For my birthday I only got $100 dollars worth of gifts.My cousin got a pinball game,3 video games,and a crap load of figures! Nough said!

22. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Drac39 , I'm sorry if I insulted you when I said spoiled, but it was totally meant to be a joke! notice the " :p " . I'm glad that your working and getting that money! I work with my dad sometimes, so thats where I get the bulk of my money. Sorry again!! :)

~Saber_Holder~

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Sorry Drac, no harm intended, that's just the way it sounded to me! Sorry again! :)

24. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    It`s fine.

25. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

OMG!

TEH GUNSHIP is even better than I thought before!!! I was just reading the latest review for it on Galactic Hunter, and IT HAS STORAGE COMPARTMENTS IN THE WINGS!!!!!! I havn't looked for myself yet, but they showed pics! I think there is one in each wing!

~Saber_Holder~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.