main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From a Certain Point of View - Obi-Wan Discussion Thread - Evil Obi Challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kestella, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Pyxelle - yeah, I know all about DRL :rolleyes: - I have an idea for this challenge that I haven't been able to get to yet.

Take your time - All the challenges are open - so even once we move on to another topic you're still welcome to post stories for previous challenges.

:D

Reminder to all - Remember you're free to talk about all things Obi here and not just the current topic!

Speaking of which can someone remind me of how old Obi was in PM - I'm thinking 23?

2. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    *waves at the Obi people*

i think you've got it right, Kes. though it may have been 25. lemme see... according to the Wookiepedia, he was 25.

3. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    *waves back*

Thanks JL - good to see you m'dear! [:D]

*goes to change timeframe guesstimate on fic*

:p to Auntie Z!

4. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the official ages are twenty-five in TPM, thirty-five in AotC, and thirty-eight in RotS.

5. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    :eek:How did you know that I lurk in this thread, Kes???

I've been found out! Force help us all.

6. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Zonoma! Caught you! [face_laugh] Call it an educated guess! :D ... Who can keep away from Obi [face_love]

SakuraTsukikage - thanks for your help...I always forget the ages of everyone! :)

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    *pokes head in, looks around*

Hello! Can anyone jump in on the discussion?

I'm very new to discussion threads and being a fan of Obi-Wan this one caught my eye.

I'll have to see what I can do with the current challenge.

In the mean time, here's a very nice photo for all to enjoy

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Kelgel/BoEM_aotc32.jpg]

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I've always thought that Obi-Wan was 25 in TPM. I saw it in an interview I think where someone producing the movie (Lucas or someone else) were working out how old he was in ANH and that he was only 5 years younger than Alec Guiness's actual age (62), so they started with 25 in TPM, 35 in ATOC, 38 in ROTS and 57 in ANH. I've seen others quote it, but I don't recall where the actual interview was.

Does anyone remember seeing an interview like that...?

Now, about Obi-Wan only being 57 in ANH. Yikes! There's a topic of discussion. Even though he is all noble and zen-like in ANH, I imagine that life was rough on Tatooine for him.

9. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    I know--ouch! Rapid aging much!

10. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    Hey all! I've finally found the time to come and join you in this thread. I was in the old Obi-Wan discussion thread and have finally found some time from my busy, busy schedule to join you all! :) And I'm considering a piece to submit for the challenge as well.

So, jumping right into the discussion (I'm such a nosy-rosy) I always saw that Obi-Wan was 25 in TPM so 57 seems about right for him in ANH. Poor guy. No wonder his hair was so bleached and white! Those twins suns work better than dye! :p

Nice to join you all again! *waves*

11. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Hiya, Master Kelia!

It's not my thread, but I'm assuming it's fine for you to pop on in...I did, at least, and I've been made to feel right at home!

*grins*

Padawan Pyxelle

12. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    It's not my thread either; I just find it extremely fun to head up the 'Welcoming Committee'. ;) I hear rumors that helpers get a free Obi clone... [face_whistling]

*watches as everyone jumps to welcome the new faces* :D Who said finding good help was hard?

Hi Paddy-Katie! :D I'm so glad you're here! And hello, KELIA! You are most certainly welcome here.

Lovely, lovely pics everyone. [face_love]

13. Pyxelle

May 30, 2005
    :D [face_laugh] :D
    Did someone request an Obi clone?

I don't have one of those, but I just designed this today.

Catch!

---a small box decorated with a single ribbon sails across the post to land at Nienna's feet. On it are the words:

"Contents: One Obi-wan VR Simulation! Just run program Obi-Wan-1 and input parameters."

On the side of the box is a description:

Want your very own Obi-Wan Kenobi? Well, now you can have one! Fully customizable Virtual Reality Simulation comes fully adaptable - you can specify what age, hairstyle, Jedi Robe - and the degree of battle damage to the robe!You can even choose what simulated Force Signature you prefer! ( A special feature for all those Dark Obi-lovers out there)

Relive the harrowing ordeals of the Clone Wars! Reenact the climatic battle of Mustafar! Recieve sage wisdom from your very own Ben Kenobi before you embark on your quest to save the galaxy! See Obi-Wan learn from the ghostly form of the legendary Yoda himself - all in the comfort of your own home!

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Your very own Jedi Pal!

--Master Yoda VR simulation sold separately.

----

Sorry, I had literally JUST finished writing this before checking on this topic.

(couldn't resist)

Pyxelle
    [face_laugh]

14. --the original Obi VRS was created for Darsha Assant on Jedi.Net
  16. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    *throws out hand to catch box*

Obi-Wan VR Simulator???!!! [face_love] =P~

I think Christmas came early! (Really early.) I'll take the RotS Obi with the trimmed beard, brown robes with maybe a few cinder marks...and the light side Force signature please. [face_batting]

*sits down and gets ready to play*

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ha, used the Force to redirect the box into my hand. Sorry, mine now.

Oh, to get in on the offer, today I'm the unofficial assistant to the assistant to the administrative assistant for welcoming. Hi newcomers. Welcome. Now, do I get my own Obi cone?[face_dancing]

18. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    By the way, KELIA, that picture is lovely. I greatly appreciate it.

19. Pyxelle

May 30, 2005

Tosses box to Valairy_Scot

Hey, it's a program...infinitely replicable.

Pulls it back through the Force at last second.

But no stealing...

Pyxelle relents...

Okay, Obi is pretty hard to resist...here. But give Nienna's back!

Anyone else want an Obi-Wan Kenobi VRS?

:cool:

Pyxelle

20. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Yes, give Nienna's back. :p Thank you for the generous gift Pyxelle! :) I was really enjoying it before someone took it... ;)

One Obi clone for Valairy_Scot coming up! *leads clone over to Valairy* Here you go! May he bring you endless inspiration. :D

21. Katieelessar

Aug 1, 2005
    *Jumps up and down* Me! Me! May I have one pretty please with muja berries on top and ice cream?.[face_batting]

Or else...I might have to sneak into your quarters and snatch yours, Master. [face_mischief]

:p

22. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Or else...I might have to sneak into your quarters and snatch yours, Master.

Do you mean my new Obi VR Simulator or my Obi clone? You'd better not even think of snatching my Obi clone! [face_shame_on_you] I'd have to give you 'fresher duty until Hoth gets hot enough to crispy fry.

:p *replicates Obi clone for Paddy-Katie* I give unto thee, delightful padawan mine, the gift of thine very own Obi clone! :D May he bring you inspiration beyond measure (and keep you away from mine!) :p

P.S. I recommend you also pick up an Obi VRS while Pyxelle still has them. It's incredibly cool. :cool:

23. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Wow - you've all been busy...welcome to all the new ppl *waves*...

Both myself and Stella have been busy with DRL (obi_webb - :p) - but we should have some goodies for you next week!

:D

24. Katieelessar

Aug 1, 2005
    :) Many thanks to thee, my Master for such a priceless gift.

*Turns to Pyxelle* May I please have a Obi VRS? [face_praying] I have credits!

25. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    A small reminder of the current discussion incase any inspiration is needed! :D

The Jedi are against attachment, but there?s so much of it running through the films and in the life of our very own Knight. Obi Wan has been brought up in a Temple full of Jedi and thinks of them as family and as such develops familial ties to many of them. What are your thoughts on the different relationships Obi has? For example with Qui-Gon, Anakin, Siri, Padme...the Jedi council.

How do you view Obi/Padme's relationship? The RoTS novel has some interesting scenes between the two.

Any thoughts?

26. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I haven't read the ROTS novel, so I can't comment on that, but from the movies, Obi-Wan and Padme act like class-mates, or co-workers who just haven't seen each other in a long time. I just don't see any real attraction between them, though Obi-Wan would probably be a better match for Padme than Anakin turned out to be.

27. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    How do you view Obi/Padme's relationship? The RoTS novel has some interesting scenes between the two.

There was that one scene...

*pulls out book and flips through pages* Ah! Here we go. Page 240. Padme's in a discussion with some other senators about taking action against Palpatine.

"[i]One[/i] Jedi, then," Padmé offered to the others. [i]At least let me speak the truth to my love. At least. Please[/i], she pleaded with them silently. "There is one Jedi - one whom I truly know all of us can trust absolutely..."

Her voice trailed off into appalled silence when she realized that she wasn't talking about Anakin.

This had been all about him when she'd started - all about her love, her need to be open with him, the pain that keeping this secret stabbed her heart at each and every beat - but when the thought had turned to [i]trust[/i], when it became a question of someone she knew, truly and absoultely [i]knew[/i], she could trust -

She discovered she was talking about Obi-Wan.

Anakin... Something was breaking inside her. [i]Oh, my love, what are they doing to us?[/i]

[hr]

So though Padme loved Anakin dearly, she didn't truly trust him. She trusted Obi-Wan. That scene...I don't know. What do you guys think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.