main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo From Corellia to Kessel: The Plot of Solo: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 9, 2018.

1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I can see the logic in stealing an AT Hauler for the train heist due to it being an Imperial vessel and it's primary capabilities. That's providing it had a hyperdrive which would seem illogical but this is SW after all. But have they lost their pilot? 'His name is Rio and his surname is Durant' is seen piloting the AT Hauler and presumably it's him flying it whilst Han and Chewie are on the walkway and during the Heist itself.

2. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Edit function does not appear to be working -

We also see Beckett in his Imperial uniform when Rio jumps into the pilot seat of the AT Hauler. That would indicate that Rio is hanging around when they steal it.

Bossk_Baby and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Going to Mimban just to steal an AT-hauler makes no sense to me. Those things are probably common throughout the galaxy so why would they go to such lengths to get one? They might steal one but I don't think that's why they're there. Nah, I think they're there to steal something for our Collector.

Giovs likes this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i think they may be enlisted and just use the opportunity to steal a ship and leave.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think so. Everything we've read about them seems to indicate Beckett and Val are lifelong criminals not Imperials. I think they recruit Han but I don't think they themselves are recruited there. They're there to steal something valuable for Dryden and the only thing that makes sense to me is Sith artifacts. We know Dryden is a collector and there are images of Sith artifacts on Mimban. It fits IMO. It also makes sense that that's why the Empire is there in the first place.

thejeditraitor and Bossk_Baby like this.
  6. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    If this guy is in disguise then he's very confident in his ability to pull it off;

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    here is my newest timeline..

corellia, all han in white jacket, racing with qira, worm, etc

empire facility/mimban, meets beckett/val, battle/saves chewie, they grab ship for job allow han and chewie along.

vandor, meet qira, plan job, go to lando, gamble, ge agrees to fly, train heist, escape.

kessel, meet dryden, see slaves, gamble again, han wins falcon.free slaves, escape with cargo, kessel run.

sand planet, have coaxium meet together except lando and droid have been dropped somewhere, plan to give cargo to higher bidder, qira double cross, beckett killed, cloud rider gang battle han kills everyone.

they may go to the sand planet twice though. still not sure. whaddya think?

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  8. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I don't think they gamble twice, new footage shows Lando betting his ship in the same scene. Dryden's tower is most likely on the sand planet too, not Kessel.

So I'm thinking they visit Dryden and get hired, Han catches up with Qi'ra > do the train heist > go back to meet Dryden with the score, he betrays them > face off with Enfys on the beach > go to Kessel, steal whatever > Kessel Run.

9. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I don't think Han reunites with Qi'ra until after the Conveyex heist. The Coaxium is needed to buy into Vos' employment (Bettany mentioned a 'tribute' is required). Qi'ra is working for Vos and he sends her along as his representative on the Kessel job. They need a ship to get to and from Kessel so they acquire the Falcon. Han and Chewie present themselves as prisoners of Qi'ra with L3-37 as her P.A. Qi'ra sells them to the Pykes. Along with the Spice they manage to free some slaves.

On returning to Vos 'something' happens and a fight breaks out (I'm still betting on a 'Star's End' finale) and everyone dies except Lando, Hand and Chewie.

10. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    there appear to be two card games in two different places.

whostheBossk and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  11. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Apart from the back room of the Tavern, where else?

12. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Han is looking pretty depressed here. Probably at the end of the movie. So the finale might be there on the beach planet.
    [​IMG]

Also, not two card games. Han just takes off his jacket.

13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    There ARE two card games. The table is different and Lando has a different shirt on.

On another point I think Han is looking at Vos' ship going up in flames there (with Qi'ra onboard and a dead Beckett). I'm guessing that Lando uses the detachable ship to rescue Han and Chewie. This shot appears to one of the final ones of the movie - the Falcon leaving Vandor with Han and Chewie as owners;

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  14. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Where’s footage of the second card game?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    TV Spot 8 - 9 seconds in. Han (jacketless) sitting next to Chewie throws cards onto a 'natural' (stone and moss?) table.
    TV Spot 12 - 11 seconds in. Lando at a table with a different shirt and neckwear.
    Crew TV Spot - 32 seconds in. Clever editing shows Lando sitting in the Vandor Tavern, Han at the 'other' game but we see Lando placing his cards on the 'other' table (the pattern from his other shirt can be seen on his cuff).

Definitely two games. Guessing that Han loses the Vandor game but Lando buys his way into the Kessel heist by supplying the transport. After everyone dies, Han and Lando play again with Han winning this time.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    whostheBossk likes this.
  16. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Good catch. Wonder if they’re playing the second game on Kessel to pass time.

17. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Not mine, it was @thejeditraitor who pointed it out.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  18. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    (just reposting this here from the other thread as my predicted plot outline) :)

Here's how I think the whole movie might play out -

Han (18yo) on Corellia with childhood friend Qi'Ra. They are into street racing / stealing cars.
    Steal a car from the White Worm Gang
    Moloch tracks them down
    Han in trouble with White Worms
    Han runs into imperial recruitment centre to evade Moloch
    Han needs to be off world for a while and signs with imperials to evade the white worms

2 years later

Han is a mudtrooper assigned to Mimban
    Decision to join imperials did not pan out as he's hoped
    He was kicked out of flight academy for not listening to orders and demoted to regular mud trooper
    He is looking for a way out
    Beckett and Val are undercover on Mimban, disguised as mudtroopers
    They are here to steal a ATDT transport to help them with a job
    Han "randomly" has a run in with Beckett - thinks he is a superior officer
    Beckett mentions they need help stealing a ship
    Han says he can do that
    Wants out of the imperials so sounds like a good opportunity
    However before the plan to steal the ship, Han gets in trouble with another Mimban officer for goofing around
    is sent to the lock up for a bit
    he is chained to an aggresive Wookie
    They hate each other and clash
    Han is concerned that Beckett et al will leave without him if he can't escape, so Han and the wookie need to put aside their differences and work together to have a chance at joining Becketts crew and getting out of imperial army.
    Rio Durandt (a pilot, and one of Beckets crew) appears and helps steal the ATDT transport.
    Beckett / Val / Han / Chewie and Rio all escape off world with the stolen ship
    Hooray
    Beckett agrees to drop Han, and his new Wookie companion off, but also tells them that he's putting together a bigger crew for a bigger heist.
    Wonders if Han would like to be involved
    Han agrees (and so does Chewie)
    Beckett takes them both to meet Drydon Vos, a rich gangster
    Han is a little stunned to find that Qi'Ra (his childhood friend from a few years back) is involved with Drydon Vos
    What a "coincidence"
    Drydon Vos explians he wants to hire a crew to steal some cargo from a train
    He will be very angry if anyone double crosses him
    so he warns the team not to double cross him
    seriously
    don't double cross him
    that is very important
    Rio Durandt is out of the picture now (he might have actually been injured or died during the escape from Mimban)
    So they need a new pilot to help out with the train heist
    Qi'Ra knows someone
    she takes the team to a den in the mountains
    Droids are fighting here
    for human's entertainment
    L337 doesn't like this and attacks Clint Howard
    Lando steps in and gets his droid friend to calm down
    He and Qi'ra have some history
    They try to convince Lando to help but they play a card game first
    Han has heard about his ship and wants to try to win it
    Han looses the card game misrably
    Lando laughs
    This Han kid is naive and too overconfident for his own good
    Lando shows them the falcon
    Han still wants it
    Train heist happens
    Train heist is interupted by marauders
    after some back and forth Marauders steal the cargo
    Beckett takes Han, Chewie and Qi'Ra to marauders base to confront them
    Showdown with Enfys nest
    Revelation - Beckett and Enfys Nest are actually secretly working together to rip Drydon Vos off (OMG - shock twist!)
    They got the goods, and now time to escape their seperate ways before Drydon Vos finds out he's been conned by everyone!
    They needed the Falcon for a quick getaway after the con job
    The team (Beckett/Qi'Ra/Han/Chewie) escape with the help of Lando and L337 and set off towards Kessel (for some unknown reason)
    They need something from Kessel
    Qi'Ra raids Lando's wardrobe looking for and imperial cape to help disguise her as a rich imperial officer
    Beckket dons a Skiff guard outfit
    Han and Chewie are put in handcuffs as a disguise
    On Kessel L337 tries to free droids
    Chewie sees some imprisoned Wookies, and Han helps to free them
    They escape Kessel
    Lando is injured in the escape
    Han has to pilot Falcon
    Chewie helps co-pilot it
    They do the Kessel run
    Everyone happy
    Revelation - Qi'Ra reveals she suggested Beckett originally go to Mimban cause she knew Han was stationed there.
    They needed a fall-guy for their plans and Han was foolish and Naive enough to fall for it
    Qi'Ra and Beckett have now ripped off Drydon Vos and completed the Kessel con job, and now they plan to disappear
    but they have blamed everything on Han
    Drydon Vos is now coming for Han and Chewie
    Beckett - "see you round kid ;)"
    Beckett and Qi'Ra escape in Falcon pod
    Han in serious trouble

(*** at this point - the final act of the film starts, at which we have probably seen no footage or images from until ***)

Right at the end of the film, Han challenges Lando (in a new outfit) to a rematch as he really wants to win the Falcon.
    Han rolls the dice.
    Screen cuts to black
    End credits play

whostheBossk and Bossk_Baby like this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It looks like, based on the soundtrack list, that the final card game probably happens at the very end of the film. Likely on Savareen.

20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I disagree that we haven’t seen any of the third act, that would make the first two acts really really crowded. And we know now that the Enfys standoff happens almost at the very end.

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    We’ve definitely already seen a lot of the third act. The standoff in the desert, the final card game, what looks to be a farewell between Han and Beckett, an OT-looking Falcon flying away. Etc.

22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Does anybody think Harrison Ford will have a cameo? I think there is a 51% chance he will show up some way some how.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Never tell me the odds in regard to Han Solo.

whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    savereen is the desert planet and i'm right there's a bit there at the end.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    My prediction on the basic plot of Solo, taking into account the track list. I'm sure a lot of this speculation will be off, but I suspect the general contours of the story will be something like this.

1. Han, the orphan street teen, is driving around aimlessly on Corellia with Q'ira
    2. We soon learn that Han is small-time courier for a gang, but he blows them off somehow
    3. Han is taken to the leader of the White Worms for a dressing-down
    4. Han breaks free, and jets off in his speeder
    5. Moloch chases him through the streets
    6. Han runs into the spaceport, and the Imperial forces stop Moloch from entering
    7. Han is accosted by Imperials and given a choice of prison or military service
    8. Han chooses prison at first, doesn't like it much, and agrees to join the Imperial service. He feels remorse at leaving Q'ira behind.
    9. Han asks to be a pilot (in what branch, I don't know) but he gets grunt duty instead as a mudtrooper on hostile Mimban
    10. Han participates in a brutal fight against the native Mimbanites (perhaps supported by partisans of the Guerrera variety?)
    11. Han does something insubordinate, and is sent to the labor prisons on Mimban. He meets Chewie there.
    11.5. Han stumbles upon Beckett and Val, undercover criminals trying to steal an AT hauler. But they need someone on the inside to help...
    12. Han gets excited by the possibility and agrees to joins them
    13. Rio Durant steals the hauler, and picks up Han and Chewie
    14. The crew leaves for Vandor
    15. Train heist happens, Cloudriders try to steal their loot and fail, and the crew deliver the goods to Dryden
    16. Han meets Q'ira again
    17. Han finds out Q'ira is with Dryden
    18. Dryden senses this, and immediately takes a disliking to Han
    19. The crew accepts the Kessel mine job from Dryden, who tells them they'll need an incredibly fast ship and a great pilot
    20. Q'ira knows a guy with a fast ship, and they go to meet Lando at the tavern on Vandor
    21. Card game between Han and Lando. Falcon is the prize. Lando wins.
    22. Lando hears about the job, and joins up anyway.
    23. L337 joins up after beating up the droid fights coordinator.
    24. The Crew go to Kessel to fulfill the job. While they're there, because of L337 and Chewie's presence, they end up freeing a lot of wookies and droids
    25. Chewie meets his family and says farewell (Life Debt - sorry Malla, will send child support checks)
    26. The Empire pursues them, and they have to do the Kessel Run to get away.
    27. They complete the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs.
    28. The Crew heads to Savareen to deliver the prize to Dryden. Dryden screws them over somehow, and the Cloudriders are involved.
    29. The Crew face off against the Cloudriders on Savareen.
    30. Han settles the conflict through an offer of a gun duel. Han wins.
    31. Han invites Lando to a rematch, with the Falcon as the prize again. The local villagers (perhaps oppressed by the Cloudriders until then?) gather around to watch the spectacle.
    32. Han wins.
    32.5. Q'ira betrays Han somehow, perhaps leaving with Dryden
    33. Han says goodbye to Beckett, but not before accepting a job with him offered by Jabba the Hutt.
    34. Han says he has a few things to take care of, but will meet Beckett soon at X location
    34. Han and Chewie strip the Falcon of all its excess weight.
    35. Han and Chewie jet off in the Falcon and jump into hysperspace

Iris Out

whostheBossk likes this.