main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Well the Core systems were under FO administration but probably not occupation. High population center worlds you win by something other than brute force! And they couldn't keep threats up without Starkiller, nor enforce occupation everywhere spread thin already with their fleet. They thus were forced to adopt former NR administration as theirs with replacing few key personnel only as on Corellia as per Resistance Reborn! (like Legends had the Empire / Sith do in Legacy keeping the GA burocracy to run the galaxy). Some worlds you win by force, others by money and giving them what they need.

So it's easy to remove the few strategic key FO assets in the Core and free it concurrent to the movie (as in Duel of the Fates script) and then have the freshly freed Core call the rest of the galaxy to arms on all channels! Previously the Core had no interest to be freed but now they did.

2. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I don't think Core systems necessary refer to the Core Worlds as a whole. There are major hubs in each region.

3. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So do you think Lando went to the major hubs of the outer rim to rally the fleet?

Or that only key systems were under blockade?

4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Considering that the Naboo and Mandalorians appear to have signed up, the location of Naboo and Mandalore compared to systems like Coruscant and Corellia. Core systems may refer to hubs across each region with major fleets. Don't forget that Poe also said that the Free Worlds were threatened by the Sith too. It's also likely the First Order withdrew prior to the Battle of Exegol on Ren's authority to prepare for the Final Order's assaults so these worlds were no longer blockaded.

AusStig likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I take it that the First Order was not as powerful as we thought; thus we see the same Star Destroyer jumping around for the most part. The pursuit of Palpatine/Rey is entirely performed by the Steadfast, and the Supreme Council is present there too.

The world’s we do see have Stormtroopers already deployed and local - which matches with the small forces we saw at Corellia and Ryloth. The massive deployments at the start of the invasion of the galaxy are long gone by a year later - indeed we again see a single Resurgent at the Battle of Batuu, six months after.

We’ll see our continuity finagles Corellia seemingly having an FO presence pre-Hosnian, yet contributing ships to the Resistance for the purposes of one of the YA books (enough to take on a RSD with Mon Cal assistance)... and those ships being essentially off-screen by the time of TROS.

6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    One of the consequences of the Supremacy being all but destroyed by Holdo's manuever. They lost a major shipbuilding facility, a major MOBILE shipyard at that. Now, the FO would have to rely on more traditional shipyards, which are more vulnerable to attack than the Supremacy was.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thus them rushing to secure Corellia, Fondor and Mon Calamari.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Did the people of the galaxy ever realize that Palpatine was behind the Invasion of Naboo and the Clone Wars?

Ghost and AusStig like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m not so sure with Canon.

Luke knows Palpatine is Darth Sidious by TLJ for example.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm not even sure if they knew in Legends Palpatine was behind the Clone Wars. In fact, in the Book of Dark Side margin notes that Luke wrote up, he said they didn't.

11. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I bet people do know but as usual, not the majority. The intel is availeable for everyone willing to see and listen but most simply do not care or inquire.

12. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Pretty sure in Legends at least it was always one of those "depending on the author" types of things. One of the things that clouds it is that reference books are often written by an in-universe historian who is presumably sharing this knowledge.

AusStig likes this.
  13. Gantarat

Gantarat Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 19, 2019
    I wonder Mon Montha and Leia go check bills/punish Rebels that commit war crimes too?

14. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    They should have a committee for that... at least Rogue One looked like some senators in charge of such held the rebellion back quite some, which is why back in the day Saw cut ties. But not sure how long after ANH that model survived with open rebellion and many senators having less influence than previously.

AusStig likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Kol Skywalker knew, as he wrote articles on the Clone Wars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking and AusStig like this.
  16. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Kol Skywalker lived long after Luke was scribbling in Book of the Dark Side though. So we don't know how long it took for that info to come out.

17. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    Y'know, I got an idea for some post-Episode IX villains.

A dastardly duo consisting of archaic wizard of the dark side Tor Valum and his colleague and enforcer, Atha Prime.

;)

18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    If SW takes another cue from the real world the post IX villain is either...

a pandemic virus
    or
    heroes having to fight their hating fanbase

19. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    I'm pretty sure that's what High Republic is.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if we would see something rise in the ashes of the sith. And the Sith order would be legends and myths to future in 100-300 years.

Voltron64 likes this.
  21. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    My speculation: Enough people do know that I think there's no way in hell the New Republic doesn't release it to the galaxy at some point. If only for propagandistic value and in order to boost the legitimacy of their own regime and show the old Empire was a fraud ("see, they only 'saved' you from problems they created in the first place!")

22. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    100-300 years are not enough in a galaxy full of perfect documentation of history and species longlived enough to tell firsthand accounts of the Siths rule, reign and rampage.

You need 1000+ years at minimum! And a purge of recods during that to destroy documentation and temples. And even then some longlived species would be able to tell given their parent witnessed it. Heck resident Neti can spill the beans for thousands of years, Odd Bnar lived over 5000!

10000 years might be the way to be sure.

But if droids survive that long... like Huyang the lightsaber instructor droid claimed to be, we are screwed again!

Xim the Despots warbots even kill the scale with 25000+ years.

With the Sith gone, neither Dark Lords, nor species, nor the culture of the Sith surviving, what new may rise?

As I said in another topic, the essence of the Dark Side and the Sith was to defy the "loss of Ego" upon death. Born out of fear of letting go, merging into the Force, the preserving of the self against all odds and at all costs. This is the quintessential nature of evil in most of its forms. Fear. Selfpreservation misunderstood and gone extremely wrong (or if not selfpreservation, the inacceptance and inability to process loss of others). Followed by frustration and resignation based destroy it all anger, leading right into Hate and Suffering.

So do you want an successor to the Sith to follow the same ageold principle, or be a new type of evil entire?

SW has most cultures believe in the Force, either scientifically or religious. Lots of ancient gods exist in the gffa but most are outdated or for primitive cultures mostly as most advanced species have moved on to substitute gods with the etheric Force energy field. God is dead, only energy remains connecting all. Some people tap into it, others attempt to ascend into godhood.

What new fundamental misunderstanding could create a new type of evil?

Imagine a vastly different galaxy: Forceusers are no longer the Xmen, rare and hunted but legion. The majority of the galaxy is sensitive and able to manipulate the Force, it is an essential part of the education system to learn to use it. Only very few and rare Force muggles exist and sciences found methods to artificially imbue them with it based on old techniques to repair their inability.
    Death is no longer mourned but the dead can be talked to and seen as ghosts even maybe, which also changes the crime system that can far easier find any perpetrator that lead to a death or killed. Mindreading and other powers also change how people treat privacy, and how open or not they are. Visions are tricky still.

What if a villain is not afraid to merge into the Force but impatient for everyone to do so? Believing the endgame is a total merger of all life back into the Force as the universe ends to exist, he/she believes to speed the process up is helping the Force become whole again by killing for the Force's sake, to return souls back into it. Holy Killing Crusades. And while suicide would be their choice, holding back until all else is dead around them is their honor and duty and their sacrifice for the majorities sake? We'd have massmurdering villains again but based on a new principle. Not defying death but actual death cultists!

Voltron64 likes this.
  23. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Given that Sith supports seem to be in positions of power in the galaxy, maybe the Sith will be regarded as the force users and the jedi as a myth.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  24. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Or as the galaxy tended to handle it already for a while now since Ruusan: Sith, Jedi... arn't they the same?

Random Guy: My blaster does not know the difference, it hits Sith and they die. It hits Jedi and they die. It hits Forceusers and they die. If there ever was a difference, I had no time to find out.

Wiseass: Those that vanish and only leave their clothes to collect the bounty were the Jedi!

Random Guy: And here I thought the guys leaving the dirty laundry were the bad guys! Ha... *shoots wiseass* hey it works with Idiots and Know it alls too!

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    One armed Death Watch veteran: I take it that you have actually never fazed a Jedi. You wouldn't take it as lightly if you had.

Beside Traviss' characters and people that are shown to be uninformed, how many actually makes that mistake?