main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I definitely would like to see some adventures set in those smaller states that aren't part of either the Empire or the Republic.

JediBatman likes this.
  2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I would argue that Mon Mothma's vision was actually MORE centralized than the Populists of decades later. Whereas the most devout Populists wanted the New Republic to be a loose collection of worlds (a view that not ALL Populists espoused, BTW), Mon Mothma did want a more cohesive government. As she alludes to in the Aftermath Trilogy, she'd rather use the engines of government for rebuilding a war torn galaxy, repairing damaged worlds, restarting galactic trade, and helping those most oppressed by the Empire recover. To do this, the government would have a much smaller navy, but it wasn't some debate club like the more extreme Populists wanted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fleet guy. If I where Chancellor of the New Republic 2.0, I would have a larger federal navy to protect members and deter would be aggressors. However, many of Mon Mothma's programs did help the Galaxy heal quickly. Worlds were restored. Trade was restarted. Reparations were given. The Senate was democratically elected.

Mon Mothma's vision had flaws, but that doesn't undermine the many accomplishments of her early New Republic. [face_peace]

--Adm. Nick

3. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Well I mean no one remembers the early successes of the league of nations.

I think it also speaks to the flaws of the nation if it falls apart without the founder.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So some info wit the Darth Vader Issue out

We know Palpatine has had his set up on Exegol ready at least by the time of Empire Strikes Back

We know Palpatine has had THE FINAL ORDER in production since then if not earlier

Wel also know that he's had this whole cloning machination thing going on as well with genetic experimentation, mad science etc etc...

So with that being said

Now I really wonder if Gideon is connected to all of this given it has very similar vibes...I mean i know the Empire is overall evil and mad science is gonna made science but there are a lot similarities now between what is going on Exegol and Gideon, Grogu's M-Count and what we saw in that Lab.

5. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    Also, gotta wonder why Vader/Anakin didn't TELL Luke any of this, as a Force ghost, ahem - or what Yoda knew or not, post death. But that's the usual issue, with this sort of thing. Far more egregious in Anakin's case, of course - he'd be exactly the one to break whatever protocol Force ghosts have or not, about interfering, to aid his kin.

Also, I've found what seems a direct reference to the events of Project Starhawk and the campaign for SW Squadrons, on page 41 of Shadow Fall's paperback edition, with Adan looking into holograms about Vanguard's missions, and describing their efforts to, alleviate the shortage of ships, ahem - aided by Lindon Javes. So that sounds pretty explicit - and maybe dated somewhere between 5 and 6 months, post Endor, too?

AusStig likes this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Why do you think Anakin didn't tell Luke? We know Luke went looking for Exegol

7. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    In general Anakin as a Force Ghost has a lot to answer for.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    AusStig likes this.
  8. Chrissonofpear2

Mar 25, 2020
    He'd have FOUND Exegol quite early, if Vader'd told Luke. And he'd have known Palpatine could still be out there, too - as a threat to the new Jedi, and Ben.
    Still, the Mandalorian may go on to fix - some - of this, I guess.

Nobody145 and AusStig like this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Got that right.

I hope one day they'll do something with that.

Except there is nothing to FIX....He has no idea Palpatine can go essence transfer.

Vader has no reason to believe Palpatine is still out there...All he knows is Palpatine has a secret lab and that's it...There is no mention of essence transfer or that Palpatine could live.

Again...Nothing to fix.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2021
  10. Chrissonofpear2

Mar 25, 2020
    Well, again, who knows what dead Jedi can see or not, after that?
    But otherwise, I accept your point.
    Still, Vader DID know both the route, and where the Wayfinder was - as would Anakin...

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    AusStig likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

To be fair then Obi-Wan should have told Luke "Hey...The Emperor is making a second Death Star" so Force Ghost in general create a lot of plot holes.

Yes he used the Wayfinder but he didn't put it away ....and he's not gonna have a entire route memorized unless one of his character traits was that he identical memory.

12. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    I don’t think that the technological terrors produced by the Empire were as relevant to Force Ghosts as the imminent threat of the Dark Side’s domination and extinction of the Jedi Knights. Destroying Sidious and Vader was the goal, not the Death Star.

13. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Are you in the middle of reading Shadow Fall? Keep reading, the Squadrons references get a lot more explicit.

14. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    What do people think of this critique of the first order?

15. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I do wonder if Alphabet Squadrons NSS survived beyond the Battle of Exegol of if it got absorbed by the Final Order and is gone now...

NSS = Neo-Sith-Society Hera mentioned in the latest Alphabet Squadron book as one of thousands of cults and new religions springing up post Endor (probably seeded by the Acolyth's From Beyond and that one goon of Palpatine that was shelling out Sith trinkets and artifacts across the galactic youth for sport from the Aftermath Books!

Also, the First Order was basically ISIS. A terrorist state built more from intimidation and piracy of what they needed than actual government. A roaming fleet hellbent of destroying and conquering. The ST thus is the NR facing terrorism on a grand new scale, which leads to anarchy and a war that the Final Order intended to ursurp as new power of order. That failed though. The Centrists originally were a political power that seceeded but got sucked up into the terrorist organisation before it went viral.

Now post-terrorism as a post Exegol / post ST era might be interesting. Something our own future has yet to achieve and thus give SW its next trilogies footing.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Which is why the rule established by Zahn in Heir to the Empire should have remained: that Force ghosts can only linger for a time before they "move on."

17. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Anakin may be a special case. That Vader/Anakin ghost concept will probably pop up again.

18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    That is a good rule.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Gamiel likes this.
  20. Chrissonofpear2

Mar 25, 2020

21. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I wish they would've been more a tad bit more aggressive in searching for the remaining Imperials that were out there post Jakku. If they had search nonstop maybe the First Order wouldn't had grown to be such a damn threat.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I think Alphabet Squadron gives the best answer as to why they didn't.

23. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    In what way?

wouldn't

the database make it super easy?

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's why they didn't. That everyone was guilty of something.

25. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    The database would allow the New Republic to identify the worst of the Imperials, and they may well have used it for that. It wouldn't have been much use for actually locating the ones who fled to the Unknown Regions, though.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    AusStig likes this.