main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I know i sound like a broken record but i do honestly wonder how the timeline plays out with The First Order.

Sloane in the Eclipse leaves to the UR

Snoke Joins them

Snoke becomes Supreme Leader

But my question is, do these events happen rather quickly or do they take a while to get off the ground.

Like was Sloane a leader of the First Order before Snoke up to say 17ABY or even 20 ABY when Luke and Lando were looking for Ochi of Bestoon and Snoke took over around the same time as Rey was on Jakku? Or heck when Phasma joined was Sloane calling herself Supreme Leader (The Phasma Novel never says Snoke) it racks my brain and the latest books that have come out while showing Snoke sidelined or eliminated rivals i do wonder how long that took for him to do.

And also what his role in the First Order was before he became the official Supreme Leader.

2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Maybe Snoke used some Grysk to his advantage... and Occhi uses his Dagger to kill Thrawn. Meanwhile Snoke sidelines Sloane by subverting her command with people loyal to him when the time comes to directly take command. Including Pryde, maybe Canady and others of the old guard.

3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I just want a scene where Jixtus is laughing his cloaked butt off about this whole Imperial nonsense while he makes plans to swoop in and destroy the fledging Jedi Order 3.0

Vialco likes this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So we know that there was a official First Order that the New Republic existed and had official relationship with a a functioning intergalactic state.

However my question is...Was Snoke the Public Ruler of the First Order as well or did they have a puppet Head of State of sorts?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2021
  5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    There are a few instances in history where leaders were elusive and rarely seen, especially ones bearing the title “Supreme Leader.” I imagine Snoke was like that.

JediBatman and Vialco like this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh i could see that for sure.

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Plus Snoke likely opts for the management style of his Sith predecessors.

I.e. "if you get my attention you will very soon be in very deep crap or dead".

8. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Rather was the public First Order's capital also the Surpremacy or was it Coruscant as previously thought to be!

I think Snoke emerged post split from the NR as the Head of State of the First Order in public as well, which is how he knew the Skysolos perhaps? Did he meet Luke in the UR before or AFTER that?

Anyway regarding Snoke and Sloane meeting... maybe the First Order wanted to pull a Fake-Palpatine akin to YJK Holoemperor and oops it turned out they accidentally invited the real deal as puppeteer Snoke became the puppet.

JediBatman likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    IT seems Snoke might have killed Sloane as new refference book. Hints at.

AusStig and Vialco like this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It would be interesting if....and this is head canon.

Im not sure if the timeline adds up but Ben became Kylo around the time the First Order went public

So with that in mind

Maybe Snoke was sorta weird hermit guy (With secret connection to the Imperial Remnant) who met Luke and Ben in the UR

Ben becomes Kylo

Ben and Snoke team up at the end and the two go to the First Order forces together.

First Order emerges with Snoke at the head and weird Kylo guy as enforcer and Sloane and other challengers are by that time gone or dead.

Vialco likes this.
  11. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I did not interpret it that way at all.

Also in addition to my earlier post: In the Rise of Kylo Ren comic flashback, Luke and Kylo encountered Snoke in the UR in a flashback. The comics main story is set 28ABY just like Bloodlines which split NR and First Order apart. Kylo, when going to Snoke, did so in the UR in the same year. So, as of 28ABY, Snoke was not yet the Surpreme Leader of the freshly seceded public FO!

Timelinewise, Luke knew/met him from his earlier travels with Lor San Tekka years ago. He re-visited him with Kylo in the flashback between that and 28ABY.
    Leia and Han though might have met Snoke or heard about him via Luke already, or they only did so after he becsame FO Chief of State post 28ABY in political channels.

So from the Skysolo pov, Snoke was a mysterious guy from the UR that they repeatedly met and later ended up as leader of the First Order. I wonder what galactic media coverage regarding him was about, considering as Chief of State he has some prominence and media would research backstory, regardless if fake or not. Snoke could fake his backstory but hardly fool Luke or Leia then who knew his UR origins!

So going by the Skysolo pov, did Snoke between "UR weirdo guy" and "political figure in public" have a story? a rise to prominence? Say did he use Leia to introduce himself to politicians pretending to be friendly, yet ultimately aligning more with Centrist Faction before the splitoff?

Meanwhile, behind the curtain, Snoke had the hidden UR FO already behind him. And given that influenced the Centrist faction secretly in Bloodlines already, was Snoke pretending to be their liason between known and hidden FO? Something gave Leia the idea that the FO is more than just the known part, and that hint may have been from Snokes complicated backstory with them. And his true origin that unsettled Luke and her.

PS: Maybe Sloane is not dead but alive... or in Carbonite and can be salvaged post IX... she can still be the new Daala and become Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@ColeFardreamer

Your not the first one to say that Sloane is the new Daala and was sidelined to be "Reserve Forces" of the First Order which is just...Not anywhere near power.

It's possible Snoke didn't become Supreme Leader publicly or privately until he got Kylo Ren on Side even if he had the likes of Brendol Hux on his team.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2021
    Vialco likes this.
  13. wreath

wreath Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 21, 2021
    he probably did sense emperor palpatine had no use for her/she was not part of his plan.

14. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Interesting that at this point in time (BoBF ~9ABY), the Pykes seem to be a bigger deal than the Hutts.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

If there is one thing I hope BOBF goes into or something is what is the status of the Criminal Underworld right now. Who is the biggest faction, smallest faction etc etc.

JediBatman likes this.
  16. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Same here. At the beginning of The Smugglers Guide (placement in the timeline is unclear), Maz Kanata says there are 5 main criminal groups in the galaxy:
    The Crymorah, Black Sun, Crimson Dawn, the Pyke Syndicate, and The Hutts. The book passes to different criminals who add to it, and around the time of TFA the Master Codebreaker writes that Maz's list is out of date. Besides the various corporations, the new criminal groups are the Droid Gotra, Gauvian Death Gangs, Red Key Raiders, and Kanjiklub. It's kind of ambiguous if the old syndicates are around or not, but we have also had Claudia Gray's books make references to the Hutts losing power around the time of the Sequel Trilogy. I think exploring the rise and fall and conflict of the different criminal groups would make for some interesting storytelling, plus shake up the status quo a bit.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I assume that the Hutts are wrecked after ROTJ, which explains why the Pyke's are on the up and coming.

18. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    There's some nice setup for this in War of the Bounty Hunters, with Vader slaughtering the other members of the Hutt Council leaving Jabba in sole control of the Hutt Cartel. Whether or not this story point was written with BoBF in mind, who knows, but it provides some context to why Jabba's death a few months later could have significantly altered the status quo of the syndicates by 9-10 ABY or so.

19. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I was not aware of this, but it clears up a sort of plot hole I had been wondering about for a while. In Bloodline IIRC it mentions that Jabba's death helped cause the decline of the Hutts as they all started fighting for the scraps of his empire. But most sourcebooks that give us a look into Hutt Space make it clear that even if open warfare is discouraged, the Hutt clans are always backstabbing and fighting each other. Granted most of those sourcebooks aren't canon anymore, but Hutts have never been portrayed as one big happy family. So why would infighting cause their decline if it's the default state of the Hutt clans?

But if Vader killed the other leaders and Jabba was the only one in charge, then the power of the Hutt Cartel was more centralized than ever before, and Jabba's demise would have been much more consequential.

20. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Exactly right. Also, that state of affairs is likely why Bib Fortuna, and not one of the other Hutt clans, ended up holding the keys to Jabba's empire after he died. None of the other clan heads were around to try to take it from him!

JediBatman likes this.
  21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Claudia Gray's "Bloodline" talks a lot about how the Hutts went into serious decline after Jabba's death.

CampOfSorgan and Iron_lord like this.
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You know i was doing some watching on ancient Chinese Empire's and it got my thinking about something that kinda relates to the Galactic Regimes that have conquered the galaxy.

One has to wonder about the Bureaucracies and local planetary governments have probably been around a lot longer than any of the Republic or Empire's that have dominated galactic histories

and in Book of Boba Fett's case Crime Syndicates

23. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    And if you apply @Sinrebirth's One Canon, that could explain why the Hutts were so eager to place a bounty on Han and Leia's head during Dark Empire.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The Pykes has always felt like big crime family to me, when **** needed to be done the sith went to the Pykes to do it. Dooku made deals with them, and they are feared troughout the galaxy. the hutts are big bad crime family but they are in decline now.

25. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Gonna revive this threat real quick. In case anyone wants to know, the book, "Battles that Changed the Galaxy" shows a map of New Republic and First Order space. I found the map on reddit in r/StarWarsCanon if anyone is interested in it.

Senator Wan and AusStig like this.