main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Yeah seemed like the galaxy didn't care, until TRoS told us they did care. And by numbers I mean the ships, troops. The people to occupy these planets, to hold these hostages. You need troops to do all this, look at any occupation.

2. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    So, before I dive into Shadow of the Sith, let me get this right. This was the plan, from what we know as of now. Gallius Rax was supposed to purge the Empire of everyone but the true believers, and go off to join the Final Order. However, Sloane killed him, and she made her own, Pellaeon-esque, militarist First Order. However, Hux and other young people killed her. Palpatine then decanted a Snoke, and put Snoke in charge of the First Order, and used Snoke as a mouthpiece for the First Order, and to corrupt Kylo.

Is that accurate?

AusStig likes this.
  3. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    There is no evidence that Rax knew about the Sith Eternal.

Sloane's fate is still unknown.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I suspect Rax went somewhat rogue, but yes, in essence.

comradepitrovsky likes this.
  5. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020
    I wonder about this
    Ossus
    I mean, even in canon descriptions he was presented like in legends as a desert, I mean
    Luke
    or he chose the greener part (Cantonica or Paradisia were also mostly deserts, with a small life zone) or, like Mustafar, the whole planet somehow began to recover.

[​IMG]

MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  6. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    Since we got Rax's internal thoughts in the Aftermath books, I'd say we can be pretty certain he didn't know about the Sith Eternal, Exegol, or Palpatine's resurrection. His mission was Operation Cinder and the Contingency, devastating the remaining imperial & republic forces. What became the First Order - chosen fanatics from the Empire going off into the UR was Rax's personal project, I think.

If Palpatine's plan had worked to completion, the galaxy would have been left without any single power bloc strong enough to claim control of known space, giving him free reign to simply march in once the Sith Eternal Fleet was completed. Instead, the New Republic survived and more or less thrived, requiring the recruitment of the First Order into the plan by sending them Snoke and grow the Final Order within their ranks to first destroy the New Republic before revealing himself to attain Palpatine's goal of a new Sith Empire. That's how I read the overall story of the Palpatine's resurrection plan

7. Konrad Pietrzak

Jun 6, 2020
    I wonder about this silence when it comes to the period between epVIII and IX, so far we got only fractions like the Resistance series which was very out of the way or the book Resistance reborn and the comic Alliegance, all with their hands tied because of how TROS was created, plus there are also some attractions there in Galaxy Edge. But other than that, it is proper silence, even though 2.5 years have passed since ep 9, they know the look of the trilogy so they can easily create between me. My only hope is that they plan to do something similar for TCW in this period, a series of loose anthologies with the same (usually) heroes, 3 seasons can at least fit here (tcw 3 years of war showed in 7 seasons out of 8 planned).

8. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    The backlash against the Sequel trilogy films turned this era toxic so they turned their attention to The High Republic and Clone Wars/Dark Times eras instead.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I somehow doubts that.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If you want to send a positive message on Sequel-related products, buy Shadow of the Sith.

11. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    So, Shadow of the Sith indicates that
    by 21 ABY there is no "the First Order", only the good old "Imperial remnant" term is used. Wonder if in case Imps, that escaped to Unknown Regions, will appear in MandoVerse they will be portrayed more like "regular ones" rather than "worst of the worst, that are already the First Order in all but name, only so far weaker and poorer".

With recent revelations from comics, it is kinda funny that major allies of the "the Empire Wannabe" are another Empire Wannabe (CSA); the Amaxine warriors and the Knights of Ren, that are not the original ones.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    AusStig and MercenaryAce like this.
  12. Konrad Pietrzak

Jun 6, 2020
    The same can be said for the prequels that got blacklash too. Yet that didn't stop Lucasfilm from making not one but two of the series Clone Wars

MercenaryAce likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    They are mostly now just connecting OT and ST. And Slowly begins exploring early ST era, with movies done.

14. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    That’s exactly the point. Lucasfilm still made a lot of prequel stuff after Revenge of the Sith was over. but ever since The Rise of Skywalker there’s been very little sequel stuff

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    AusStig likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    From some of Shadow of the Sith you can assume - this isn't a spoiler - that Brendol Hux is one of those kidnapping kids for use in armies. Later he becomes part of the FO before being offed by his son and Phasma.

16. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    So the First Order's creation... what if Mandoverse is building towards a surprise twist. Sloane and the lost fleet doesn't just turn First Order over night and Snoke comes along to lead it. What if Mandoverse dancing around post-ROTJ Disneycanon Thrawn will actually have Thrawn reunite the Imperial Warlords and have the Chiss Ascendancy turned Empire of the Hand absorb Sloane's fleet. With such a powerbase Thrawn tries to take on the New Republic and disrupts the Sith Eternals plans and also threatens them if he should learn of their existence.

In that time, the Sith Eternal would need to subtly back the New Republic to defeat Thrawn. Snoke could be essential in not only helping the NR (despite his differences with Luke and Ben in the past) and in Thrawn's defeat leading to the remaining pro-Imperial systems to join the Republic but form a First Order/Centrist faction within it of which Snoke remains a prominent figure and later leader. Basically installed by the NR to keep them in line. Hence the NR forcing Snoke on the First Order not knowing the doom they spilled by it and basically working right into the Sith Eternals hands.

17. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Not sure about Snoke's that early appearence, but it seems possible that proto-First Order Imperials will portray themselves as non-aggressive faction to the New Republic in opposite to clearly aggressive Thrawn's forces, maybe will even somehow help against him. Although, IMO, Sloane seems to be a more likely candidate for "falsely peace-seeking Imperial leader" (not the first time for her).

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’d be very happy with Thrawn vs Snoke/Palpatine content.

19. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    How about Thrawn vs. Snoke vs. Palpatine?

Or Thrawn vs. Sloane vs. Snoke vs. Palpatine...

Just imagine, Thrawn having to not only gain forces first after returning from whereever Ezra sent him, but also having to cope with rivals like Sloane attempting to lead the fleet back out of the Unknown, Snoke trying to get into Thrawn and Sloane's forces both and attempting to defy Palpatine if only he could, and Palpatine via Exegol's Agents trying to get everything under control and orchestrate it into another of his masterplan fakewars.

Stage 1: Thrawn is out there with few allies, Ahsoka hunts for him (Mandoverse)
    Stage 2: Thrawn turns out not to be the villain but captured by the NR and an used as a potential genius ally against someone that is uniting Imperial Warlords (Sloane)
    Stage 3: Snoke is sent from Exegol to get into Sloane's First Order but has no opening yet. Against Thrawn and the NR combined though the FO may need him and thus let him in to turn the tide.
    Stage 4: Snoke takes command of the FO and Thrawn realizing there is more to him and his origins, betrays the NR to switch sides and learn more about him and the new UR threat of Exegol.
    Stage 5: Snoke takes Sloane and her forces deeper into the Unknown as Thrawn takes another part out of it and attacking the NR so it believes the FO known to them as Imperials only gone and dead when Thrawn "looses" intentionally. But Snoke has a Noghri kill Thrawn to sell it convincingly, which Thrawn did not see coming. Thrawn had intended to return and fakeattack the NR in order to warn the NR about what he found out but no couldn't anymore. (like Revan about the Sith Emperor kinda... it rhymes)

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    So we have
    Pryde
    using the word
    Imperial Remnant
    in SotS circa 21 ABY.
    Are we to take it that this is different to the Core Remnant that becomes the Centrists by 28 ABY?

21. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I think that Imperial Remnant doesn't mean a Pellaeon style, Big Formalized State. I think it's just, the remnants of the Empire. A dozen guys in ISDs, some corporate sector honchos with aspirations of greater things, some Senators with Space Confederate Flags, that sorta things.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    As an aside, I always found it strange that the Imperial Remnant would ever call itself that, especially in the form of a formal name of a state. Seems rather..diminishing. I would expect them to just stick with Empire.

But yeah, I also really like the idea of Thrawn vs Snoke. Classic villain vs villain fight.

And Snoke playing himself off as an ally to the New Republic. Leia and Han did talk like they knew him and he would need access to Ben to influence him, so that would explain a fair bit.
    Plus, adds some tragic irony if the heroes work with Snoke against Thrawn when the audience knows Snoke is the worse of the two.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    ColeFardreamer likes this.