main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. DarthSienna

DarthSienna Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2011
    I think a lot of it comes down to Imperial factionalism and lack of good intelligence on other faction's holdings. Those present for the "Imperial Future Council" were under the impression, from their intelligence reports, that the "fleet admiral" was dead, Admiral Rae Sloane commanded his fleet (including Ravager), and that Ravager was the last SSD left. We're demonstrably shown that 2/3 of those assumptions are false, with the third left ambiguous, but potentially debunked as well.
    I can't wait to see where all of this is leading.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Something like this? ;)

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    There is the Alderaanian frigate Sunspire. I want to know more about it!

--Adm. Nick

4. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Hey, that reminds me.....when are we going to get some books about the big three?

5. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    We also know that the NR us using captured Stat Destroyers. But ya, I wish we had more. I suspect, the comic will show us what the fleet looks like in the months after Endor. Hopefully we get a big three post ROTJ novel after TFA comes out that will provide more details. I really want to know more about the NR fleet.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Not until after TFA at the earliest, because LFL doesn't want to spoil TFA.

7. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Exactly. ;)

But yeah, I would prefer we don't get Pellaeon, Thrawn, Ysard, any of them back. It's not because I don't like the EU, I love it, I still dislike the reboot, BUT they wouldn't be the characters we know and love, so I'm not sure why any Legends fan would want to see them in something that isn't really Legends.

Probably after the movie's out.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Well, that sucks.

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    AdmiralNick22, I haven't read the book yet, but I remember hearing that a "Battle of Eriadu" is mentioned, which devastated the Imperial military a few months after Endor.

True.

But that could lead to another problem... what if they start fighting one another? Or get fed up with the New Republic bureaucracy and begin declaring independence?

I have a bad feeling about this. I'm getting more convinced that the New Republic will collapse within 10 years after Endor, leading to galactic anarchy. The strong worlds secede and isolate themselves. The weak worlds are overrun by pirates. No galactic or even regional government, until the First Order comes along.

The_Forgotten_Jedi likes this.
  10. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I do find it somewhat odd that the Big Five (Chewie and Lando count, damnit :p ) are not getting much focus in the immediate aftermath of Endor. All the stories set after focus on new characters with only cameos so far by the Big Five, although Lando does seem to have a presence in Shattered Empire.

At some point soon, I suspect a big announcement about a project (novel, comic, game, animated series) that deals with what they were doing.

11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    RE: New Republic Navy

It is not even a year after Endor. I honestly expect the New Republic fleet to look a lot like the Rebel Fleet, only larger. Plus any captured starships, like the aforementioned Star Destroyers, assault cruisers, and Carrack cruiser.

Ghost

I don't recall reading about Eriadu, but I may have missed it. I'm reading for a second time to find details like that.

--Adm. Nick

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh I also don’t want them back in NEU by any means, the whole local forces vs New Republic forces from the novel just sprang to mind

13. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry, I kind of have this notion that the galaxy deserves peace after the GCW, but it doesn't sound like that is going to happen for at least thirty years, which just doesn't sit well for me.

Abadacus likes this.
  14. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I'm quite sure something is going to come along and wreck both the NR and whatever remains of the Empire, resulting in that exact scenario. But I don't think it will be the fault of this policy of Mon Mothma's that does it, it will be something more unexpected.

15. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    How does that fit with the demilitarization of Alderaan? Does Leia's "a peaceful planet with no weapons" statement get another asterisk next to it? Or did the survivors of Alderaan start up a new shipyard somewhere?

::crosses fingers for Razor fighter being recanonized::

You do realize that this did not really happen in the old EU, right? The war with the Vong was a level of violence the galaxy had never seen before, and still had some crappy governments holding out at the end of TUF.

MandaloreRex2015, Revanfan1 and Ghost like this.
  16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Actually from the sound of it, they seem to indeed get a peace going after the GCW that could last till TFA.

17. DarthSienna

May 27, 2011
    It's called Star Wars, not Star peace, so get over it. There will probably be a period of peace while the Imperial Fleet waits for the New Republic to "grow fat and lazy," and then they'll strike.

18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    For books surrounding the big three check out the YA trilogy that just came out. Good reads.

19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's described as an "old ship", so this might be a sign of Alderaanian demilitarization happening relatively recently. The use of armed Corellian Corvettes by the House of Organa was a mark against her statement being too total anyway.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What are you thinking it will be? First Order related, or something out of the blue, like the Vong? I kind of hope the First Order isn't the cause. We've already had a psychopath create chaos in order to make his own kind of order, in Palpatine. It would be different and more authentic if the First Order really did rise up to counter the anarchy in the galaxy, which came as a result of the New Republic's failings alone, and they just end up going too far.

It went on even longer in the old EU, until the treaty was signed. That's not even including the alien invasions, from Ssi-Ruuk to Nagai and Tof to Yevetha to Yuuzhan Vong to Killiks. Or the time the Imperials allied with the Sith who took control of the GA. Or the time the Empire eventually broke the treaty and reconquered the galaxy.

DarthSienna likes this.
  21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    That's the problem, the GCW will not have truly ended.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. DarthSienna

May 27, 2011
    I'm wondering if it's an Alderaanian Frigate as in the Alderaanian War Frigates from Legends, if it's a new ideal of an Alderaanian Frigate, or if it's a Nebulon-B that was supplied and crewed by the Alderaanian Remnant? Because I can definitely see how the Alderaanian Remnant would be militarized by their experiences, to a degree.

23. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    It also looks like the NR had a legitimate legal claim to take control of the Imperial military, if I'm understanding correctly.

It's a new angle I haven't considered before, but makes sense. If it was through a series of Old Republic laws that allowed Palps to reconstruct the OR into an Empire, those laws are still there and changeable.

In essence, Mothma has declared herself Empress and her first act is to reinstate the Republic, which then make her the Chancellor. So the Imperial Navy is under her control legally, regardless of whether that legal authority is adhered to or even recognized.

This is a totally new thing. Perhaps the most meaningful post-ROTJ event.

MandaloreRex2015 and Ghost like this.
  24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Remember, folks, let's try and focus more on the state of the galaxy 1 ABE (please let them use this calendar this time) then on speculation about TFA.

On that note, moving from the Republic to the Empire, I'm curious what other details are known about this "Grand Moff Randd". It seems a bit odd that the buffoonish, self-promoted Pandion was a delegate to the Akiva conference if there was a real Grand Moff still out there.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  25. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    It didn't have peace in the EU. Hell I'm kinda glad it didn't. It represents that with the death of Sheev came the end of the ideal of galactic government. Sure, some people attempted and got very close, but still not close enough to restore -The- Galactic Republic. That's because it ended with Palpatine. I'd be disappointed if something the main villain did was overturned. A weird theory of mine is that Palpatine went full Voldemort and put some kind of Sith alchemic curse on Coruscant so that any galactic government is bound to fail, which results in Fey'lya, and later on Caedus and Daala. :p

Xammer likes this.