main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    I haven't read Rise of Kylo Ren so it's not included in my understanding of the narrative. I'm just going by what we see in the films.

That said, my understanding of this is that we only have Snoke's word that Luke disfigured him, correct? So it could be that his appearance is the result of his artificial creation and he is simply lying to gain Ben's sympathy. Or Snoke and Luke did have a physical altercation but Snoke was able to go into hiding afterwards (and let Ben know his location, possibly by telepathy).

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    No more detail was given in the comic other than what I summarized, so any of your theories are possible.

Jedi Comedian likes this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So do we think Snoke came with "Imperial Reinforcements" and joined up with Sloane's people sometimes after she went into the UR or did Snoke just pop up on his own as a unassuming presence. Then once in power put in people like Pryde in high position so that the Sith Eternal had their agents in the FO.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    When did Snoke show up to rally the FO? We can assume he was already controlled by Palpatine then? Why didn't Palpatine just show up himself? That would have been a major morale boost.

CernStormrunner likes this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Real answer because they had no idea Palpatine was gonna come back at said time of Snoke's creation ;)

Headcanon In-Universe answer...Maybe Palpatine didn't trust coming back from the shadows until he was really, really ready to make his grand debut and achieve ULTIMATE VICTORY, so he decided to go by proxy aka Snoke.

As for WHEN Snoke showed up...No idea...Hard to say...I always suspected early on in Sloane and her soldiers journey through the UR otherwise they probably would have died.

sidv88 likes this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Here's another thing (Sorry for the DP)

But I'm curious how much of the infrastructure of the First Order was spearheaded by Sloane and Snoke just sorta took the credit and usurped it and used what he inherited.

Not saying one person is better or anything but just wondering who actually did the hard work.

Like did Snoke make the FO the hard oiled machine we see it in TFA or was that all Sloane.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Snoke himself in TLJ recounts how the First Order will have its history rewritten into that of a brilliant planned event - but in-fact it was him usurping it from Sloane, Rax, Hux and Apolin. Which works well. I have every belief Sloane did the hard work, especially with the Supremacy and so forth.

BigAl6ft6, PCCViking and Xammer like this.
  8. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I'm looking forward to the inevitable Empire In Unknown Regions Becomes First Order book. I bet Freed would do a good job with it.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  9. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    ^Told from the perspective of an officer who doesn't quite like what his remembered Empire is becoming as he is pushed more and more to the side in favor of the next generation.

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I've always had this head canon that Snoke usurping the reigns and Ben's fall happen more or less around the same time.

Snoke might know Brendol Hux but that doesn't mean Snoke is Supreme Leader...I think.

AusStig likes this.
  11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Rae Sloane will probably be elected the new chief in a show of unity after Episode IX, it was her rogue starfleet that emerged out of Kessel after decades that took down many of those star destroyers in the montage. Get ready for it.

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Unless she's dead.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Like that's stopped others lol.

14. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

Bring on inuniverse history revision, never can have enough of that!!!

Snoke: "What, you heard a blue Smurf from the Unknown Regions pacified the region? Nonsense let me tell you how I, Snoke of the Golden Robe, singlehandedly stared down the horrors that lived here in abundance. How I saved the pityful Imperial runaways and crafted them into the First Order this region has ever seen in billions of years!"

Robed Aing Ti Navigator: "Ahem, Master Snoke... some of our Flowwalkers have returned and report..."

Snoke: "Hush!"

Robed Aing Ti Navigator: "... that your Revisionary Expedition Force faced some troubles in the past we sent them to."

Snoke: "What troubles?"

Robed Aing Ti Navigator: "Troubles of the blue Smurf kind."

Snokes until now silent visitor: "Wait, the rumors are true that..."

Snoke raging Forceslams the visitor into the wall, dead: "Again? We had precise temporal coordinates for the revision."
    Snoke browses Voren Naals history books "How could these not be the exact truth and guidance we need? He studied under Hextrophon, for Sith's sake!"

And for once, Voren Naal was good for something at least!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Isn't "blue Smurf" a bit redundant?

Reminds me of a joke I heard as a kid. "What color does a Smurf turn if you strangle him?"

16. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    And thus was the truth behind Rise of the Dark Falls first hinted at...

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not so sure it is inevitable.

Who say, ends up in command of a Dreadnought?

BigAl6ft6, Nobody145 and Xammer like this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The fate of the Eclipse remains up in the air, which is a brilliant story-telling moment.

Xammer, Jedi Ben and Sauron_18 like this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, yeah, but they still have done nothing with a pirate SSD....

20. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Yeah, I mean, they could do another continuity reset in five years or something. But otherwise the gaps will get filled in eventually.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I want the stories but just can't tell how it's going to play out.

22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Is there much activity in that direction? I don't keep up with news much but off-hand I can only think of the next Thrawn novel (I never expected that character to endure the years so well when the old EU was winding down) and Shadow Fall, in terms of novels. Well, a lot of their resources are probably going to that High Republic thing (so not sequels) and I think the Marvel comics are still in the ESB era.

I'd like to see a novel cover the formation of the First Order too, the construction of the Final Order fleet, more on the New Republic, but don't see much hype for sequel era stuff anymore. Not unless that Rebels-cartoon sequel picks up in that era (and as long as it doesn't end up like the Resistance cartoon).

darthcaedus1138 and Jedi Ben like this.
  23. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I think you've listed all the Del Rey adult novels that are coming out, but there's also Dark Legends, Poe Dameron: Free Fall, and the Clone Wars anthology. And we just got that Kylo comic, so while the main comic focus is post-ESB right now, I don't think every single thing for the next six years (judging by how long the post ANH period lasted) is going to be set in 3 ABY.

24. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    It's also possible that there is more stuff in the works, but due to Covid they've been pushed back and the announcements have been delayed. Maybe if they do Celebration virtually as some have speculated they'll have some more books to announce.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I imagine they're holding fire so they have some things to announce in 2020 for 2021.