main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@ColeFardreamer

Oh believe me if Feige wants to win over his few skeptics just announce the Doctor Aphra movie and will all be good to go ;p

I'm always iffy on setting things in the far future myself....It's one of the reasons I DON'T like Legacy comics that much....something about that gimmick in Star Wars doesn't work for me. But if they do it I'll still see it but I just will be skeptical.

I feel one day will get a Old Republic....Thing...Or a movie set in the Jedi vs Sith era. That feels inevitable, how they do that though is another matter. Perhaps do what the ST an Anthology films have done is take the various aspects of the TOTJ -SWOTOR Era's and merge it into a more streamlined force.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    The main question is, will they keep Lucas style that informed of what SW is and how it has to look and feel, or will they abandon it to really mark it as something new, which feels more like the Spinoffs although those too were very Lucasian so far.

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Who knows?

I wouldn't be surprised if after the ST is done they might wanna do something that is truly there own ...I mean the ST was always gonna have the shadow of "The Lucas Version" in there.

Granted if the do a Old Republic thing there is still the book, but it won't get the same scrutiny from people (At least I don't think so)

I do think we are headed into unknown territory that is for sure (Maybe the Unknown Regions ;p) but I could definitely see them wanting to make the next era...There own.

Personally I hope they venture out a bit...Try some new things shake things up! Go beyond the creator.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2019
  4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    @Jid123Sheeve @ColeFardreamer

Stay on topic. Stay on topic. ;)

Okay... so, we got some interesting state of the Galaxy info in Allegiance #2 today!

• The First Order seems to be visiting worlds that they have received word that the Resistance reached out to aid from.
    • Fondor, which appears to be an independent world (or at least an NR world that didn't offer aid to the Resistance) is occupied by the First Order. EVEN though Fondor refused aid. Kylo wants to occupy the shipyards as he knows that the Resistance is looking for ship.
    • We see the Mon Cala king and the council. They are torn about assisting the Resistance due to their past suffering under the Empire.
    • One of the Quarren reaches out to General Hux… which means that the First Order will be headed to Mon Cala soon...
    --Adm. Nick

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Wonder how Pro-First Order Fonder is...Granted if the Resistance Trailer is anything to go by many planets still probably think Starkiller is still around and that the FO can easily destroy them causing easy surrenders from planets that could put up some sorta fight....Granted once that fear is gone I wonder how tenable the FO occupations on many of these worlds will be.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2019
  6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I see most the Galaxy surrendering/making accommodations with the First Order due to both the belief that SKB is still out there AND because the New Republic and Resistance has essentially collapsed at this point. Folks literally have no hope.

--Adm. Nick

PCCViking and Iron_lord like this.
  7. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

The Quarren rivalry again? It's time to let go of that rivalry and stereotyping the Quarren annoys me. We had plenty evil Mon Calamari... time for some good Quarren!

Also the galaxy tired of war and welcoming the FO with Resistance not finding support is still puzzling me. I can see that many would do that, but there are too few who know how the Empire operated or history repeats itself. Are they all dead or retired? Hope not and all busy in some own fight already is also a stretch.

Seems many Hippie 70s Rebels fought so their kids would not have to do so ever again, only their kids started to like shiny uniforms and order more than their hippie parents chaotic ways and boom Centrists, First Order all back from history. Cold War turned Hot War and senior Hippies go to war again... against their kids even most of the time this time around. Meanwhile other senior hippies turn isolationist and live the decentralised dream the Populists promised always ignoring everything and everyone around them to mind their own business believing no harm will find them if they do that.

Mon Mothma really screwed up!

She got what she wanted, a galaxy not caring about war, decentralised Populist dream come true. If only the other half would also see nobody wants to fight them... they could just take over, but no they have to bully folks into fighting them. D'oh!

AusStig likes this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Fascinating threw line how the First Order is doing things the Empire wouldn't even do. Wonder if this is to indicate this tactic biting them in the butt in the long term.

9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Anybody up to making a second forum page called From Crait to TROS - The State of the Galaxy Discussion thread? I mean this one was just supposed to be about the State of the Galaxy Between 4 ABY and 5 ABY. anybody up for it though?

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@AdmiralNick22

Hmm...What do you think?

11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Given that we already have thousands of posts about the sequel trilogy era, I don’t see any need to make a thread. This one has evolved over the years, it may warrant a title change though.

—Adm. Nick

PCCViking and Daneira like this.
  12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I propose that after TROS we put whatever the name of the final battle planet is on (If there is one) and then we can call the thread from Endor too.....Wherever the final battle takes place...Who knows it might be Endor....Again. ;p

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm sure if I go to Wookieepedia I'll probably find there's already 5-6 Battles of Endor in Legends.

14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Will it beat Yavin's record in Legends :p

Anywho I always took the title from Endor to Jakku (The village attack in TFA not the Battle of Jakku)

15. Gantarat

Gantarat Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 19, 2019
    after reading Allegiance #2.
    Again. What People in the Galaxy gonna do if they found out that Kylo is Leia Son?
    He seems worse than Vader now.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    ColeFardreamer likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Only three, actually.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  17. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    From Endor to Endor. Has a nice ring to it

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

ColeFardreamer and PCCViking like this.
  18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

:p

19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    When I started this thread a little over three years ago, it was focused on the year between the Battle of Endor and the Battle of Jakku. I used the thread to compile all the canon info on the New Republic, the final battles of the GCW, and stuff like that. It naturally evolved into a thread that covered the "New Republic Era", which includes the Sequel Trilogy.

--Adm. Nick

JediFett10 and Xammer like this.
  20. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I am waiting for this for some time now actually. But so far Disney feared accusing Leia of anything bad inuniverse like fans had done out of universe when critizising the parenting that lead to Kylo.

Also I am a bit worried about the portrayal of Rey in stories after TLJ, Allegiance and others too. Not very Jedi-esque if you ask me. Also feels a bit out of character as if forcibly setting up something for IX.

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Really? I don't see any problem with it, makes sense to me. She's the Last Jedi, probably has a lot of pressure on her.

If anything Rey feels very in character and it all feels natural. She's only been a Jedi for what...A few weeks? Plus what is Jedi-Esque behavior.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2019
  22. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    In that regard yes the behavior fits... it is just not what I would call Jedi-like ;) Either she is walking more a middle path and they show it wrong, or she truly has episodes like Kylo snapping back and forth between nice and angry when stressed. If the promote her as the ultimate Jedi I had hoped more to see something akin to Qui Gon instead of Clone Wars jumpy Anakin. But that may be a comic/book problem, given movies had her so far in TLJ way more in control and less jumpy.

But hey I thought Rose and Finn too a bit changed suddendly. She got trigger happy and he grew leadership skills not there previously. Whereas Poe seems to have forgot his TLJ lesson and reset himself to "But I want to fly" mode.

23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    As soon as Hosnian Prime got vaped...there should have been multiple attacks across the galaxy...launched so that they all came out of hyperspace at the same time at their targets. Everything on your list and more. That way they would not be able to help each other because they all have their own troubles.

PCCViking and AusStig like this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Here is a good video Star Wars explained did on the topic of the First Order takeover of the Galaxy

AusStig likes this.
  25. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I like this explanation, but why didn't the resistance tell people they blew up Starkiller? Either at the start or end (when people got the message and don't care) of TLJ. Why don't they have footage (say from a dash cam on one of the fighters), why aren't they getting the word out?

It just makes them seem incompetent.