main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    As of right now, from what I see, he only has 4 canonical sources that even mention him. So other than the fact that he existed, and was the master of Sidious/Palpatine, we know very little of him right now.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So then it actually is possible that he existed hundreds of years ago, and that Palpatine has been body surfing ever since?

Actually, if Palpatine can body surf, then why is he still in that old decrepit body instead of a younger, healthier one?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Voltron64, cwustudent and Ghost like this.
  3. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    One could argue that such a thing is still possible.
    Well, the body he was in was destroyed before he could body-hop. And sith magic is still somewhat limiting in certain capacities, so he had to be returned to something.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  4. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Okay tiny detail, but I was using "body surf" because I picked it up from TV Tropes, but it turns out that trope doesn't describe what Palpatine is doing. I should've just said "body switch" or "body hop". So yeah, in case anyone's been to that site and got confused...

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    I assumed that was the meaning you were going for.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    SPOILERS for SW #1 2020
    So it seems that after the Battle of Hoth, the Alliance fleet broke into smaller cells and their rally points were top secret until the Imperials broke their codes and found them.

7. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    My solution is to just rename some, Revans Empire is the Sith Armada (horse sounds too fantasy) while the Acina- Sith Empire (swtor) is the Sith Dominion.

I just think it would be a waste to get ride of them all, also they were described as spies, but loyalists, which to me say believers in the Sith Code. So I would like to see more of them as they seem like interesting badies going forward.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  8. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    There is making money Ben, and then there is making expected money.

Honestly though, aren't rebellions built on hope? :p I don't think it's good for a fandom to just accept something because they have no hope of making change. That's defeatism and at the extremes of that logic in other areas of life can be a bit dangerous.

As for expectations, that's always fine to an extent. However, that too can be taken to a logical extreme in which we can be okay with anything, even unicorns magically showing up and spitting fire at starships in order to save the heroes. Logic is needed in stories.

Regardless, you guys have always been respectful and so shall I reciprocate. I just needed to voice my concerns and as always be a charlie the unicorn. I do hope that the state of the galaxy is approached with a little more care in the future and decisions are made based on what's logically realistic of the stated rules of the universe.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I tend to agree with a lot of what you've posted, the problem is SW is at a level of popularity that insulates and protects LFL against bad decisions. For instance RoS will probably get to a billion box office.

For myself my SW buying has decreased and I expect that to continue. If that is done by others plus a general jumping off because SW is done? Could make for interesting times!

Voltron64 and AusStig like this.
  10. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    So, has there been any clarification regarding the Derriphan's fate? For all we know it's still at large after obliterating Kijimi, and a planet-busting Star Destroyer manned by fanatical Sith cultists doesn't exactly bode well for the GFFA. I'm sure an MC85 or Starhawk could handily take it down, but that's only possible if the Resistance knowingly dispatches said warships in the first place. RoS gave no indication they even had a clue.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It returned to Exegol and is seen later on at the battle itself. I mean presumably it was in high orbit so could have escaped, mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

If it escaped again I am getting Daala vibes... female commanding officer with a Star Destroyer on the loose and going crazy that originated in a secret hidden facility out of the loop with the galaxy with superweapon experience... check!

Hey, maybe they will make her Chief of State post IX!

Edit: But please let her not date THE Mandalorian (again)!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  13. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I've always headcanoned that Revan's Sith Empire's full name is True Galactic Republic, or Consortium of Republic Loyalists or something like that, but most just slapped on Sith Empire because its what it actually is, and Malak just embraced that name fully.

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Do we see any fleet units?

—Adm. Nick

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    They got no guns
    They got no fleet
    They got no money too!

(Sorry Nick, couldn't resist)

Gamiel likes this.
  16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'll be intrigued to see what form a new re-built Government takes.
    Ransolm Casterfo makes his return in Resistance Reborn. All be it he suffered for about 7 years, but I could see him being a player in the new government.

17. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Given how the war went, I see the galaxy going VERY far into the populist side of things.

18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    yes.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Given what happened to Ransolm, I imagine he will go VERY populist too, sooooo.

20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    The question is would people forgive his past? (reading bloodline now). I think it is likely.

I don't think we would see a 3rd Republic, maybe a NATO/Trade organisation between planets.

21. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Dantooine being controlled (or blockaded) by the First Order is confirmed in the latest episode of Resistance. This makes good sense, as it is located very near to the territories controlled by the First Order. I wonder if these Resistance "recruits" were actually FO defectors... [face_thinking]

--Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth and JediBatman like this.
  22. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Speaking of FO defectors, how many confirmed ones do we have at this point?
    Off the top of my head there's Cardinal, Finn, Jannah and her Company 77.

I've always found it ironic that the FO had all the propaganda about no disloyalty, yet also went to the lengths of having Executioner troopers, which even the Empire never went as far as doing. I wonder what Palpatine thought about that.

23. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Wouldn't Vader, the ISB and the Inquisitors have filled that role? In Legends, the ISB was at least about to execute traitors (the Hand of Judgement in Allegiance).

JediFett10 likes this.
  24. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Is there anything significant about Dantooine that makes it worth controlling? I mean, in ANH it's remote enough that the Rebels could hide their base on it...

25. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I think Dantooine's position on the hyperspace lanes has something to do with its significance.