main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There was a clear reason for why the NR didn’t know the true capabilities of the FO. Intelligence operations had to be Senate approved and there were pro-FO Senators blocking those.

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Don't get me wrong, I do feel that a more robust, centralized NRDF would have helped things. However, the bigger issue seems to be less the loss of the fleet and more the loss of a central government to coordinate defenses. In the case of the Hosnian Cataclysm, it knocked out both. My point was more that, intentional or not, having stronger PSF's wan't a bad decision, as it allowed for forces to be far more dispersed than tightly coordinated federal fleets.

If I were chancellor of the New Republic, my approach would be more akin to Legends. A handful of roving fleets that perform federal duties, with a strong emphasis on PSF's for local duties.

--Adm. Nick

3. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    So, given the state of the Galaxy and what we see in Allegiance, I've been noodling some ideas as to why so many Mon Cala cruisers arrive at Exegol. The facts we know based on the comic and Rise of the Resistance:
    • At least two Mon Calamari cruisers left with Aftab and Leia before the occupation of Mon Cala.
    • At least two cruiser (but not the MC85 we see in Allegiance) assist the Resistance during the battle of Batuu in Rise of the Resistance.
    • Per TROS visual dictionary, the Resistance is down to just a few dozen fighters and a CR90.
    In the arrival shot alone, we see over two dozen Mon Calamari cruisers. That's just what we can see in the front! When you consider that 14,000 allied ships arrive at Exegol, is is safe to assume that there are A LOT more in the back of the armada. The sheet number of them (plus other New Republic-era warships) definitely points to NRDF task forces, PSF's, and potentially even Mon Calamari cruisers that left Mon Cala prior to Leia arrival to fight their own "rogue" war against the First Order.

I really hope we get some answers to where these ships are from one day!

--Adm. Nick

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    The thread title feels outdated now. Jakku, despite early hype around TFA, ended up being a footnote in the overall ST. From Endor to Exegol has the benefit of alliteration.

PCCViking , AusStig and Xammer like this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    So be it, Jedi. :emperor:

--Adm. Nick

6. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Now that the ST is over, I'm sure we'll get more stories to tie everything together. I'm curious as to when they'll do post IX. Plus, the Palpatine family and Palpatine's return, I wonder if that will be a multimedia project.

Voltron64 likes this.
  7. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Ooh, that new thread name sexy me like.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Don't forget the two cruisers from Before the Awakening.

9. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Can't wait for a restructured Jedi Prince series. In all seriousness it could work if done right. We could still have Prophets of the Dark Side running around trying to find Reydad and fam.

Voltron64, PCCViking and KamNale like this.
  10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    As far as I am concerned, Home One and Echo of Hope are among the 14,000 ships arriving at Exegol. ;)

--Adm. Nick

11. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    Headcanon: one of them is being captained by Rieekan.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  13. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    I think the Acolytes of the Beyond would be the closest canon equivalent.

Darth Corydon likes this.
  14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Not gonna lie, the tie-in stuff (Allegiance and Resistance Reborn) barely fits with what we see on screen. Easy enough to retcon (plus both stories are very good on their own!), but its clear that they don't really mesh well with TROS's portrayal of the Resistance's situation.

--Adm. Nick

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If only there was some individual in charge of it all to ensure things like this didn't happen....

boomx2sjk and Long Snoot like this.
  16. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Agreed, across the board. This seems to a JJism...

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Right now the biggest plus point of the whatever-the-hell Project Luminous is has going for it is that there'll be no high-and-mighty movie, coming in, throwing its weight around, getting drunk and vomiting everywhere and then leaving it all for the books and comics minions to clean up after it.

18. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    I dunno, just came off of Resistance Reborn and there was nothing there that doesn't mesh with TROS. Resistance Reborn literally has the Resistance picking up the pieces after TLJ and gels very nicely with the minimal Resistance numbers we see in TROS where they haven't quite gotten back to where they were.

19. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I wasn't referring to active spy missions. New Republic forces had encountered First Order fleet units including multiple Resurgent-class vessels prior to Poe Dameron joining the Resistance. The evident series production of a new design of 2.9 km battlecruiser capable of going up against an MC85 should have set off alarm bells somewhere.

Pons and Voltron64 like this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oho? Which story was that?

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Before The Awakening
    - Poe, in his first mission for the Resistance, recognises one of the Star Destroyers facing them as a Resurgent-class - suggesting he's seen them before, as well as knowing their class name.

And earlier in the story, on his last mission for the New Republic, encounters 3 First Order Star Destroyers, only one of which is an Imperial-class (with the art depicting all 3 as Resurgent-class, it's assumed that the art is only wrong about the one Imperial-class).

AusStig likes this.
  22. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    I recall the TLJ novelization describing the MC85 as being capable of going "toe to toe with a Resurgent." If true, that implies that the MC85's 18 HTL/18HIC/12PDC/6PTL are either grossly overpowered or the numbers do not apply to the class as a whole.

나의 SM-G960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I was under the impression BfA was just before TFA.

24. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Finn's story is right before; Rey's could be anytime, but the TROS VD places Poe joining the Resistance in 31 ABY, which happens in his story.

25. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    My assumption is that the armament on the Raddus is a post-war, demilitarized setup. The ones built prior to Jakku presumably were much more heavily armed.

—Adm. Nick

Voltron64 and AusStig like this.