main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Before - Legends From engineer to doctor, OC challenge: Finding Your Path

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Aug 17, 2022.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    From engineer to doctor
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 26 BBY – 6 ABY
    Character: Tarko Sanek
    Genre: 2022 Late Summer Challenge: Finding Your Path

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

From engineer to doctor

Gavin Maurishka had been an engineer and a Jedi master. He had raised one padawan to become a Jedi knight and was raising Tarko Sanek when he became one with the Force and had transferred his bond with Tarko to Tomy Itsi, another engineer.

Tarko became Itsi's first padawan.

Tomy was very sure that Tarko, chosen by Master Maurishka and now raised by him would become a skilled engineer.

But the new Delta 7 Aethersprite arriving in the Jeditemple changed Tarko's destiny.

Tarko worked with his master repairing the fighter and the Arfour-P units belonging to the craft. He loved to check the fighter after the repairs had been made. His master had seen that and had come with a leaflet about pilot training.

A2-D13 had been the spark.

Busy with an Arfour-P unit and with Tomy about to guide it back into the socket, the A2-D13 – equipped with rockets – had been on a course to the fighter when Tarko had to throw his cloak to prevent a disaster. Tarko had asked his master more about the pilot training and the result was two years away from the Jedi-temple to become a skilled pilot on Anaxes. It had been the beginning of a new path. Following the pilot-training was the one year course to become a special ops officer.

And that and becoming involved after his knighting in the clone wars led to him being injured severely.

Master Yoda had sent Tarko away to recover on Lingala.

Safe on Lingala and being cared for by Leslie Tualan, Tarko had found his final destiny when order 66 happened, with many of his friends being killed.

Tarko became a doctor and travelled to Moniron with Leslie, Keren Harlin and Leod Irwihan where he found his twin-brother.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super as we see different paths. Tarko doubtless enjoyed and was good at each and probably felt he would be an engineer and then a pilot forever until circumstances demanded a change. [face_thinking]

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  3. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Great work! It's interesting to see how a life can drastically change due to things that seem small or trivial, like the arrival of a ship, as well as very impactful events like the Clone Wars and Order 66. Tarko has experienced a lot, and hopefully that will all help him as he continues on the path of being a doctor. Great job! =D=

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Really well handled for a limited amount of words to carry such a character defining arc. Thanks for this.

5. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Interesting path! I always find it so fascinating when starting down one path leads somewhere completely unexpected.

earlybird-obi-wan and Kahara like this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Order 66 changed everything for the Jedi and their friends
    He has a great future
    Thank you. It was a new challenge for me to write like this
    It is. Real life often turns out that way. I started as a chemical analyst and became an archivist and due to my knowledge of chemistry also a fire-fighter

7. scienfictionfan

scienfictionfan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2020
    It's interesting how a single event can change destinies I have to imagine Order 66 changed a lot of life paths even outside the Jedi Order. Also do you have a list of your stories available because I have seen you have multiple interesting stories but am a bit lost on how they are all connected?

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.