main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Exegol to _____? The State of the Galaxy Discussion continued

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    Glad to see someone's of the same opinion. I was once told "no, how could you possibly think that? Kylo Ren was the interesting one".

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I think what should not be forgotten is that Kyber is not just a ressource like any other. Kyber is a living crystal in communion with the Force that a Forceuser like a Jedi goes into symbiosis with.

Chirrut Imwe: "The strongest stars have hearts of kyber" quote can be read many ways, but what if it literally means that the worlds strongest in the Force have a rich amount of Kyber below their crust? This could go all the way back the the Rakatans homing in on Force/Kyberstrong worlds and the Force forming a galaxywide network of Kyberrich planets (galactic leylines kinda from the Midichlorian Forceworld to the farthest reaches along the Force Compass galaxy map grid?).

As established in "Star Wars Archives: The Prequels" Lucas microbiotic world, the Force, symbiosis is an interesting and rich concept that may tie into these living crystals and living worlds. Something which Zonama Sekot might have tied into in Legends with the NJOs own tale about symbiosis and biology.

Hence I do not want to see the galaxy stripmine Kyber and use it in more tech. That was the past, the wrong way, the dark side. Why not learn how to live in symbiosis with it, be it its small shards in lightsabers or large depositories in planets? After all, balance needs to be restored not just between Jedi and Sith or politically but every single person and nature.

In that regard, what if Bendu is not an ancient creature of incredible Force strength but the visual apparition of the planet Atollon itself taking form to interact with its residents? Akin to Zonama Sekots intermediaries?

For all things Kyber, check my old topic on it: https://boards.theforce.net/threads/kyber-technology-and-all-its-variations.50051731/

3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah Bendu’s an anthropomorphic representation of Atollon, until he took a turbolaser to the knee.

CampOfSorgan, Jedi Ben and AusStig like this.
  4. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Well, he is not one to let mountains cry... he shoots lightning back!

SyndicThrass likes this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Personally I hope a Episode 10-12 go full into that freaky Bendu stuff.

Just go nuts! Cosmic Gods and all that.

Xammer and ColeFardreamer like this.
  6. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Well, I have to say I once was very sceptical of the MCU and Marvel comics for their weird, colorful anything goes cosmos. But now... with the careful and slow introduction thx to the well crafted MCU? It is fun, a lot makes sense even when it doesn't and no superbeing ever limited any other or story if you ignore the excuses why this or that character is not present in a story to save the day singlehandedly.

So in that regard... cosmic SW can work easypeasy now!

I mean by now SW is literally the same... we got living planets that can talk, we got magical mists for witches and wizards, we got time and space bending monoliths and places, even a couple of Force gods, some armored supersoldiers, a microbiotic quantum realm and world between worlds and if that is not enough even ghosts interacting with the real world and Sith and Jedi playing Hydra and Shield growing within each other in circles.

At this point I wouldn't even mind anymore if they do ALIEN EXODUS as a movie trilogy with Ryan Reynolds playing Cosmo Hender constantly breaking the fourth wall commenting Deadpool style.

or an ancient times Disney+ show following Xim the Despot in a Flash Gordon styled setting.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@ColeFardreamer

Also we've had cosmic Star Wars more or less in the forms of Mortis, Yoda Arc, Bendu and World Between Worlds.

At this point the key to just translate it as best as possible to live action since Cosmic Star Wars has been in animations realm.

Granted I think just treating Animation as important to Live Action is honestly the best way to go since some stories are just BETTER in animation.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  8. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Well the same animation did can be done in live action... that is how the MCU does it and look how good some looks. Upcoming Eternals especially looks WBW/Mortisesque. Doctor Strange stuff also.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  10. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I would like to see the post Exegol era not be set up for a new era. I would love for it to be its own era preferably filled with books and comics, pretty much like the High Republic era is doing now.

11. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Post Exegol, the Witches of Dathomir, or who is left of them (Merrin? etc.) may not reform as they once were but from now on operate galaxy wide, like the Jedi once had. A sisterhood of the Force, calling themselves Bene Gesserit?

Meanwhile, the galactic noble houses try to cash in on their participation in the people fleet and reestablish their control and domains. Their power easily overtaking any democratic attempts. This results in a briefly splintered galaxy split by noble domains and few free worlds or democracies in between as those who have the power and might to carve up territory do so. Displeased, the heroes and Jedi are not strong enough to prevent this, but have to work with it now. And to prevent a subsequent war among the nobles, they broker a peace and election of an Emperor amongst them. Still those that cannot stand another autocratic ruler after defeating the last on Exegol, form a new Rebellion as the too few Jedi try to stay neutral and guard the uneasy peace. And with other Forceusers advising the Emperor, the Jedi are no longer the prime Forceusers in the galaxy.
    As the new Rebellion activates and hijacks the one ressource the galaxy relies on and needs to function, its droids, the workhorses the galaxy's peace, order and wealth is built on, war between machine and men breaks out fully after droid sentience and rights activists free the droids of the rebels control and unleash them. But after a bloody slide back towards a darker feudal age, the galaxy has next to no more droids, at least none with higher functions than being flying glowrods or such, returning to the need of workforces for even the lowliest of works.

cue... DUNE

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  12. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    (Quoted from headcanon thread)
    I think the Mandalorians may well become a dominant force in the post-Exegol galaxy, but as a "good" faction due to the actions of Din Djarin. The more traditional depiction of Mandalorians will probably be largely kept pre-TPM.

Gerak likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Not only Din Djarin but also Sabine Wren, her little arc in season 3 and season 4 premiere will probaly continnue once she has found Ezra. I could see Sabine becoming the ruler of Mandalore after Din Djarin. The way Rau Fenn and Bo Katan spoke of her being the best of them. She will probaly reunite with Bo-Katan in season 4 of mandalorian. Also the question is who would be the better ruler of Mandalore a former outcast or a former cultist. Or maybe for Once Mandalore could have more then one ruler.

Regarding fore users post TROS, i see the returns of the night sisters thanks to Merrin between the time of the empire to the rise of the first order. We could see Dathomir once again be with night sisters. I think a return of guardin of the whills and church of the force.and other force cults. The jedi returning with old and new members from the jedi order. Rey, Finn, Jannah, resistance kids, Cal, Ahsoka, Ezra, Grogu and Oppo Ranciss. they together will rebuild the jedi in a new image, be like they once were monsk who travelled the galaxy and helped not being restrained by a goverment or politics. They can work with the goverment and help like in High republic.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, I like the idea that after all the centuries or millennia of being enemies, the jedi and the Mandalorians become close allies moving forward after their shared oppression under the empire, and the bonds built by friendships like Sabine and Ezra or Din and Ahoska and Luke.

Similarly, if the Nightsisters do end up reborn under Merrin,* I could also see them be more friendly with the jedi and aligned towards the light, possibly becoming more like how the Singing Mountain Clan was portayed back in Legends.

*Which seems hard, given they seem to have hereditary membership rather than recruitment and teaching, and she would be hard pressed to repopulate herself - and if the nightsisters simply stayed a small family, they would probably just be absorbed into galactic society and cease to exist as a distinct culture. Though, there are other witches on Dathomir...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Foreign32567 likes this.
  15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I do think one thing filling in the gapes between Ep 6 and 7 are showing the inteconnectivness of various groups planets and what not grow even more which can only help support why a Peoples Fleet arrived on Exegol in the first place.

Foreign32567 and MercenaryAce like this.
  16. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Cal could help with that. I mean worked for Aang, kinda.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  17. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    It can be even more interesting, because
    the current implementation of the Crimson Dawn seems to carry on the legacy of the Nightsisters (in some ways) - its leader is Qi'ra (Maul's protege), its inner circle so far seems to be all-female, including main inforcer who is Deathstick (daughter of Nightsister witch), its assassins wear red robes and hoods.
    So it is a possibility for interesting conflict between Merrin and "imitators".

18. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Or perhaps Merrin and Qi'ra become allies at some point after Solo. Maybe Maul could be the main villain of a Fallen Order sequel.

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I like that idea!

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I feel like Merrin will be the new Mother of the nightsisters. Maybe like Talzing have her own children with Cal or other force users. I could see Merrin and Qira unite against Maul, maybe that's why Qira could deal with him post solo.

21. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Or Merrin dumps Cal and has kids with Qi'ra as Dathomiri can do as per Tricia Biggars book.

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can see Merrin trainnig Qira in night sister magic.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Timeline would match up, we can still have SOME story on how Maul lost Crimson Dawn, plus Fallen Order 2 needs a villain not the Empire so...yeah...yeah i like this.

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh man, that would be great. I would love to see them take this approach to the era.

Kinda being the key word there, it took the harmonic convergence to make the airbenders a real nation again.

So, even if Cal and Merrin drop everything to pump out kids, I am not sure it would be a good basis for a cultural revival, particularly since the question of where the next generation after that comes from arises.

....Plus, Merrin already had a lot of Nightbrothers working for her yet lamented the end of the Nightsisters, so I don't think she is interested in going that route.

An interesting point. Honestly I would love it if the future Fallen Order games had the Crimson Dawn as a non-imperial enemy and maybe even get a bit into that gang war Solo was supposed to lead to - I mean, it can't really be the main focus since this is jedi centered rather than underworld centered, but it could be a cool background bit.

Also an interesting idea - and we have seen nightsisters work for crime groups before.

Problem is Merrin is more of a good guy than most Nighsisters and Crimson Dawn are awful, even under Qi'ra, so it is hard to see her working for them.

AusStig likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I like to think that the first Star Wars: Visions short The Duel is post Exegol, like way way post-TROS

mostly because the bandit armour is cobbled together from Imperial stormtrooper and First Order stormtrooper which they say is relics of an old war

Golbolco and AusStig like this.