main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Exegol to _____? The State of the Galaxy Discussion continued

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Apr 28, 2021.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

No thx, too american for my taste.

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Fair enough (But this was 1980's army show ;p)

But my point remains that COBRA!!! The cartoony terroist organization with stormtrooper like helmets and mega weapons controlled by colorful characters and a guy wearing a mask who shouts a lot, fighting a spec ops force reminds me a lot of the First Order v Resistance. Even in some continuities the GI JOE do have to become resistance fighters.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2021
  3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016

There's also a live action GI Joe film series. Ray Park's in them. (He's one of the masked characters. You'll know which one is him because of the classic Ray Park move he does)

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Dream-Thinker and AusStig like this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I didn't know that was Ray Park.

I knew Christopher Eccelston was in it as Destro

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    From a post I've written before:

What will be the post-ST future state of the GFFA?

The OT was about restoring what was lost (Republic and Jedi), and hoping to make the new better than the old. Get the old car running again by replacing a few parts, and repaint it.

The PT showed how they were lost, but also how flawed they (Republic and Jedi) were. The old car doesn't just need a repaint, it needs to be replaced completely, and didn't work well with the owners living in Manhattan anyways.

The ST shows a perfect storm absolutely destroyed the restored, somewhat improved system (Republic and Jedi), with talk about how it was already flawed even after just being restored. The old, repainted car has broken down again.

Instead of simply restoring it again with maybe some more small improvements but still flawed, I think the minds behind the ST see this as a chance of completely remaking the system. Kylo Ren is the destroyer of the old, he proclaimed in TLJ, and Rey/Poe/Finn/Rose will likely be the builders of the new. Instead of redoing the car, replacing a few parts, they decide to just buy a subway pass since they live in Manhattan, to conclude that metaphor.

This isn't to gloss over the real reforms the New Republic made... just that something even more fundamental than the placement of the capital and mandated-elections of its Senators needs to change.
    Replace the Senate completely.
    Replace the Republic completely.

Politically,

1. Maybe it's moving towards a multi-state galaxy split between 200 truly-independent powers in an alliance, with about 50 being equally the most powerful of these new states... something like that.

2. Maybe it's moving towards a direct democracy via hyperspace voting.

3. Maybe Hyperspace itself is destroyed in an Episode 9 cataclysm, and only Force-users can guide ships to FTL speeds after the ST.

Etc.

That kind of "thinking outside the box," for an example of real drastic changes.

What other huge changes for the galaxy could there be?

OR

If we are going to go with only a soft-reboot of the New Republic, what changes should there be?

These are reforms the New Republic already made after ROTJ, to be better than the Old Republic of the PT. These reforms were for both the idealistic loyalists who became Rebel Alliance founders (people like Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Padme Amidala) as well as to draw in the idealistic former Separatists who wanted a more decentralized government.

*direct, democratic elections for every Senator (no more appointments)
    *worlds were temporarily elected as the capital of the Republic, from Chandrila to Hosnian Prime and likely more (no longer Coruscant-centric)
    *a weakened Chancellorship (and no longer called "Supeme")
    *equal votes/Senators for worlds
    *worlds were given more power, having their own local starfleets and defense forces, with the blessing of the Senate
    *a reduced galactic military, passing Military Disarmament Act about a year after ROTJ
    *it allowed separatist worlds to peacefully secede, and didn't try to force worlds to join either (and was therefore smaller than the Old Republic and the Old Empire)
    But for the obvious flaws of the New Republic:

*there was a hyper-partisan split between the Centrist party (who wanted a stronger central government, with weaker planetary governments, like the ~1800 Hamilton-led faction in the early USA) and the Populist party (who wanted a weaker central government, with stronger planetary governments, like the ~1800 Jefferson-led faction in the early USA)

*the hyper-partisan split, combined with a powerless ceremonial Chancellor for an executive, and with each side controlling less than half of the Senate (with the rest being neutral/swing votes) meant hardly anything ever got done... part of the reason why Leia quit as Senator in frustration, even though she was a Populist she learned that the Centrists had a point... the New Republic Senate might have even been do hard to agree that they didn't even have a Chancellor at all for a few years

*some of the Centrists later become separatists and peacefully seceded and declared independence from the New Republic, and tricked into joining the First Order (thought at the time to just be a puny force that came out of hiding in the Unknown Regions)

*after the First Order worlds peacefully declared independence from the New Republic, it seems they elected Chancellor Villecham (presumably a Populist, who would then have a majority), and he ignored the threat of them joining with the military force in the Unknown Regions (likely because he was a populist and didn't believe in a strong government or military, to prevent the New Republic from becoming another Empire)

*Leia was so unpopular back on Hosnian Prime, even among former Populist allies, and the Senate was so corrupt, that she feared she'd be assassinated if she went back

*some New Republic Senators were so corrupt they were still secretly on the First Order's side, getting paid off by them through corporate connections

*there were also arms dealers and military corporations who were secretly funding the First Order (as well as the Republic and Resistance) without being caught or stopped by the New Republic (now seen in film too, on Canto Bight)

*Lor San Tekka says there is a lot of despair in the galaxy.

*And after TFA: Hosnian Prime is destroyed, its Senate is wiped out, its galactic Starfleet is wiped out... Rey in TLJ says the major systems might only hold off for a few weeks, even with Starkiller Base destroyed (though before the Supremacy's destruction and the Snoke-Ren transition of power)
    So if we do return to the New Republic (Newer Republic? Third Republic? :p ), after the survivors on the Millennium Falcon rally the others (including hopefully some systems with strong planetary defense forces pooling their forces together, able to withstand the siege in-between TLJ and IX), I hope we see:

1. Some way to crackdown on the military corporations and arms dealers (like the ones we saw on Canto Bight, first alluded to in the TFA VD). But how??
    2. Some way to crackdown on Senate corruption. But how??
    3. A stronger (and more widespread) executive than what the New Republic had, still can't become another Palpatine. But how??
    4. A stronger (and more widespread) Republic Fleet, without playing right into the arms dealers' hands. But how??

And more for my own personal tastes...

5. officially eliminate the "Elder Houses"/titles of nobility from having any special political status, and make all planetary/system/sector governors democratically-elected just like their Senators are in theory.
    6. keep the rotating capital (but make it more regular, if it wasn't already)... or just have a mobile Capital (like the FO's Supremacy... just give it hyperspace shields :p )
    7. maybe balance a stronger executive by also introducing a population-based House of Representatives/Parliament... or just have the second legislative chamber be direct democracy/referenda
    8. don't sign a treaty with any remnant of the mass-murdering and tyrannical First Order unless it's total surrender, to prevent a repeat

Which would you prefer, and what are the details of what you want in the post-ST state of the galaxy?

and on Lightside Force-Users:

They might be be called Jedi, or they may be Jedi in all but name, but there will always be Force-using Lightsiders, whatever they're called. Maybe even more than one organization, since Luke makes clear that the Jedi don't have a monopoly on the light.

But what does the Saga tell us about the best way for Force-using Lightsiders to act and be organized... or is variety key, and the galaxy would be stronger for a diverse range of Force-using Lightsiders to exist?

My thoughts, based on the Saga: they should allow diversity, and be decentralized. Different temples with different philosophies.

1. Family/Marriage
    * Some temples allow family/marriage/offspring (let them emphasize how it's a tougher path, and teach how to deal with loss and conflicts of interest without turning to the dark side.)
    * Other temples still don't allow it, like the PT Jedi
    * Multiple types of temples co-exist

2. Bureaucracy
    * Some temples have a council that's centralized with all its members obeying its assignments
    * Other temples are just for training, meeting, and exchanging information... its members just follow what the Force tells them, wandering do-gooders and mystics

3. Government Affiliation
    * Maybe a few temples are affiliated with the New Republic
    * But also a few temples are affiliated with no government
    * And even a few temples are affiliated with the New Separatist Union, or the Chiss, or Confederacy of Corporate Systems, or other government and non-government powers and nonprofit organizations in the galaxy.

4. Career Flexibility
    * Some temples insist a Jedi needs to be completely devoted as a Jedi.
    * Other temples embrace Jedi of all careers and cultures, where being a Jedi is like a religion on today's earth... Jedi doctors, Jedi scientists, Jedi pilots, Jedi engineers, Jedi veterinarians, Jedi politicians/activists, Jedi musicians, Jedi artists, Jedi comedians, Jedi CEO's, Jedi farmers, Jedi chefs, Jedi retail clerks, etc.

5. Inclusivity for Non-Force-Sensitives
    * Some temples allow members who can't strongly sense or manipulate the Force, like growing the "Church of the Force"... have "Jedi" like Chirrut in Rogue One, and Lor San Tekka in The Force Awakens, who can't actually use or sense the Force, but still follow the Jedi ways
    * Other temples strictly only allow Force-sensitives to become members

If the "Jedi" name sticks... that label could still be confined to just a few of the above categories. Or you could call some "the Orange Jedi," "the Coruscant Jedi," "the Dagobah Jedi," "the Chiss Knights," "the Republic Knights," "the Separatist Jedi," "the Jedi Guardians," "the Centralized Jedi," "the Jedi Monks," etc.

But the point is, even if they aren't called Jedi, these other temples/branches exist and are widespread throughout the galaxy, in healthy coexistence. All servants of the Light, to counter the Dark Side wherever and however it might spring.

While being able to be wandering do-gooders is good, as well as being decentralized, a flip-side that I realized is that they're then not as capable as being advocates of systemic reform. Perhaps that was the original reason why they centralized and affiliated with the Republic? But somewhere along the way they must have stopped being advocates for its reform, and started becoming enforcers of its laws, which is quite a leap. Perhaps the Jedi helped the Republic achieve some kind of idealistic utopian state, so nothing left to advocate for in its reform and instead chose to serve it and enforce its laws, but as it expanded and as time went on it became imbalanced and corrupted, but for some reason the Jedi didn't return to their role of advocates and remained its enforcers? Perhaps the Jedi also one embraced those not Force-wielders, and allowed Jedi to pursue all walks of life, but once they became the enforcers of a stagnant Republic is when the Jedi decided they needed to focus on being of use as a tool by the Republic, and thus the monk-warrior-diplomat became their main/officially-sanctioned career, and non-Force-wielders no longer being included led to schisms that led to the Church of the Force (ex: Lor San Tekka) and Guardians of the Whills (ex: Chirrut). Perhaps the shift from advocate of reform in the Republic to enforcer of Republic law also made the Jedi want to limit anything that would stop them from their service, even if the will of the Force naturally guided them to towards, things like marriage and children and a sense of family?

As for potential villains:
    * I think a new-canon version of the Fel Empire, with its Jedi dynasty and Imperial Knights, would make a good gray villain.
    * As well as a version of heroic Separatists / a good Confederacy.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think like i said in the other thread, er will first be seeing post TROS in animation, with either an elderly Ashoka Tano or the last Jango clone, Kix. We see trough them how the galaxy heals itself. Kinda like bad batch, only this time it goes for better time.

I think Filoni will use his characters in the era that are alive, er could perhaps see an older Ezra and Jacen. Rey and ST cast will be there as recurring characters. Like how Rebels and bad batch works.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I also wonder if we'll ever see wars of liberation conducted by the Republic, or more forceful colonization, while it while still more ideal than corrupt, and explore those gray angles for it and the Jedi.

AusStig and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  8. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Imagine the High Re4public Era but you don't know the PT is upcoming!

Ghost and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I think about that when watching TCW and not knowing Episode 3 is coming.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    SO i just read a reddit thread of jedi who might still be alive during the new republic era and probaly post TROS, i adeed some i think also might be alive post OT. Any thoughts on any of these helping Luke or later Rey in post TROS galaxy.

1. Oppo Rancisis: Funnily enough, he actually died in Legends, but in Canon he is noted as a survivor of Order 66 who has hidden himself extremely well. We recently learned that he was on the Council during the High Republic, meaning his species can live for centuries. He very well may be alive up even to Rise Of Skywalker, out there doing... something. He's a really underused character with a cool design, I would love to see him pop up again and contribute to the New Jedi Order (or anything else). I can See Oppo Rancisis be so well hidden no on finds him until the time is right. Maybe he finds the jedi again when Rey and Finn restart the jedi anew.

2. Yaddle: Another character who died in Legends, but is (we think) alive in Canon. All we know is that she distanced herself from the Council after Phantom Menace, and after that her story is a mystery. Given her species' extremely powerful nature, I think it's very likely she could defend herself, and compared to Yoda she's only middle aged. She may be reluctant to come out of hiding wherever she is, a bit like Yoda was, but with her lifespan she has plenty of time. (We also learned she was on the Council in the High Republic too) I think Yaddle might or might not ever showing up again, but she has been hinted recently in the vader comic, fallen order hint. She could hide on planet similar to Dagobah and only coming out of hiding when she sees the light with Rey starting the new jedi.

3. Ezra Bridger: You already know about this one. He's guaranteed to show up in the Ahsoka show, if not something else too. Assuming he resurfaces before Force Awakens, it would be really cool to see him interact with Luke at least once. We know he's going to become an important character, but how that happens... is yet to be determined. I think he might have the mentor role with Ahsoka post TROS. He be like Luke and Leia, 53.

4. Cal Kestis: I think Cal's story might for time being continnue with helping early rebel cells and finding more jedi after order 66, but will also develop more understandibg of the force and beomce romantic with the nightsister. two survivors or different religions finds ways to survive and pass on thier teachings. I can see an elder Cal Kestis help Luke or Rey like Ahsoka and Ezra might do. He be 67 by time of TROS not too bad for a jedi.

5. Coleman Kcaj: We know barely anything about this guy except that he looks weird and kind of scary. And also that he survived Order 66. I wouldn't weep if perhaps the Inquisitors got him... but if they can turn him into a cool character that would be good too. We don't really know enough about this guy to make any assumptions.

6. Quinlan Vos: Absolutely ZERO idea what happened to this guy. After his adventures with Ventress he just disappears, which is fitting for a master of disguise like him. At some level, I kinda feel like he must have helped the Rebellion in some way... it's in his character. But in another he could just have been slacking off somewhere in the Outer Rim for a very long time. I'm not really sure what exactly he'd do if he popped up again, but I'm interested to see it. I doubt we see a 90 year old master Vos by the time of TFA-TROS, but he could be alive between jedi and TFA and we see this rogue jedi.

7. Ahsoka Tano: We know she still lives past the OT and are given hints she might still live past the ST. She's like his chidlren the legacy of Anakin Skywalker, she is being given her own show and might reunite with her old master in the show. She be 71 by time of TROS not that old, by jedi standards. I think a story for her after all this darkness might be to rejoin the jedi at the end
    8: Jedi Younglings: I think of the jedi younglings of the clone wars, who was going to have aspin off of them. Sure we see Yoda's vision of them dead at least Pietro. But i think for story purposes, they might still be alive post OT and maybe ST. I think LFL might go with GL idea of more jedi survivors around, maybe not 100 but enough for more jedi stories outside the skywalkers. They were8-10 by ROST, so by TROS could 64.

11. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    "The Smuggler" from the Uprising mobile game and Verla from the "Burning Seas" and "Destiny Path" comic arcs are both likely around during the NR era. Though based on her attitude in "Destiny Path" I doubt Verla would have much to do with Luke or the Jedi in general.

Ghost and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    wrong.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  13. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    What is wrong?

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A clickbait site mentions Daisy might soon be back with is 50/50 now.

15. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I doubt she will be back any time soon, if at all.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Oh, i wound't say that with all OT and PT actors already coming back. Plus she has said she likes to come back someday soon. THey could get her back for either animated or live action.

17. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I mean it depends on how she enjoyed it. And what the new story is. Since I recall her saying some anti-reylo things before TRoS.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

So it seems like more Rey stories might be coming soon in future.

JediFett10 and VexedAtVohai like this.
  19. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    "Soon" probably means something like 2025 at the earliest for Rey.

I'm very hopeful that Rogue Squadron is post-TRoS though, and I suppose she could briefly cameo in that.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  20. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Listening to another Two steps from Hell tune, called "Children of the Sun" I came up with this little scenario:

Post-ST, whatever happened, there are some broad strokes leading to a distant future:
    Driven out of their space and with slave revolts freeing all the slaves, the Hutts consolidate their power on one last world, Tatooine, Jabba's former domain and hold it for a while. Meanwhile the Legend of the Skywalkers, Solos and their peers grows to Myth status and items and places associated with that story become either revered as legendary or if still attributed to real places and items, as places of pilgrimage akin to Jedha formerly. Hence the birthplace of Luke Skywalker, Tatooine finds a new importance the Hutts cash in on with pilgrims, discovering the marketing potential for Skywalker Legend and cashing in on it. Yet the sands of time shifted settlements and buried former sites so that lucky hunters dig in vain for the rumored to be burried there Skywalker Lightsaber which has in the myth Excalibur like qualities and renown. With the Hutts came spice to Tatooine and several relocated glitterstim spiders and other creatures that slowly turn the planets innards into a new haven for spice production. Though over millennia, even Tatooine held many new names.
    Alderaan's remains likewise are a site of pilgrimage as the planet has been reforged from its fragments and the former spacestation built from Death Star scrap into a new galactic wonder of engineering. A new Avalon in New Alderaan that heals and over time even forgets that it once had been destroyed as it gets many new names by many new generations.
    Coruscant and other worlds shift in importance and at some point the galactic captial even returns to it. Droid Revolutions happen and some cultures abandon them as others religiously deem any droid technology evil and purge them, yet others celebrate them and allow droid freedom in their corner of the galaxy with droid societies rising there only. Followers of the Force, once great in number sided with the new emerging sentience but lost in war and tragedy as the majority of the galaxy did not accept that. Only few Force followers remain like droids, in the remote parts of the galaxy. Many species were lost, and those that remain tend to stay separate from the growing humanocentric new Empire. The galaxy may repeat some old mistakes and history, but the future has hope in form of a new prophecy of a new Chosen One.

Now, millennia after the Saga, times, people, names, a lot has changed. What hasn't is the Legend, even if the names of its places and protagonists changed a lot too. Tatooine became Arrakis, reforged New Alderaan became Caladan, Coruscant became Kaitain complete with the Rings of its shattered moons and an artificial surface, oceans and beauty on top of millennia of cityscape, and Eriadu became Giedi Prime.

[​IMG]

A new Saga emerges, as the spice once more calls a family to its ancestral home long after the Hutts were no more. A new Chosen One, called Kwisatz Haderach, shall emerge as prophecised by the last remnants of the former Forceusers. And the Children of the Sun would walk in the footsteps of the Son of the Suns and his descendants.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @ColeFardreamer.

If you delete everything from revision onwards, the Wikia photo will work.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  22. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Umm... lol.

23. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    ColeFardreamer likes this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Minor bump as we have both the two Visions shorts and the LEGO horror to come.

Slowly but surely we're getting content post-TROS!

AusStig likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Still No canon stories post Tros yet, but these non canon can be fun and let us know where things might be headed post Tros. I think one aspect is the legacy of the sith and their impact on future dark siders.

AusStig likes this.