main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From Idea to Story (Writing Workshop) Discussion Up 02/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ZaraValinor, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Okay, I'm extending the challenge to the 19th.

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Reminding myself to get this done tonight.

Is it alright to post it here then? I don't think it'll be too long since it's basically only a description.

3. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Sure that should be fine. I'm hoping to have some time to catalogue all these entries.

4. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Man, I so did not mean for this to happen again. But my brother being in and out of the hospital has kept me away from the boards again. But it looks like we've got a lock down on what's wrong so I should be able to be on as consistently as I wanted to last time.

I'm preparing some exercises now.

5. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I hope your brother is doing alright. [:D] I'll definately still be here for this Workshop. :)

6. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, Zara, I hope that knowing what it is will help him soon!

And I'm still here as well. Still working on the last assignment (the world building one). I had an idea that didn't work at all, so now I'm trying a different approach.

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Okay. For anyone who is still working on the last exercise (myself included) go ahead and take as much time you need. But I think for those who have completed it, will start on the next topic. Scene and Sequel.

For now I just want to get into a discussion. For me a scene and sequel is pretty much action and reaction.

For example. At the beginning of A New Hope we have Leia having the stolen plans to the Death Star and the Empire boarding. Leia hides the plans and Vader boards. The sequel to the scene is seeing the droids land on Tatooine and Vader's confrontation with Leia.

So I want you guys to pick out scenes and sequels, in any movie you want, and list them on here.

And have fun.

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I didn't mention it because of making a big deal about something else, but... environment challenge? Done.

here for one scene and in a drabble...

The shadows seemed to breathe as he walked through the darkness of the lower levels, sixteen blocks away from the Jedi Temple. Down here, the only light that was to be had came from flickering and malfunctioning glow panels. They only served to make the shadows deeper? livelier. The pungent air only added to the gloom.

He shuddered as he arrived at his destination. Down here where the shadows enveloped everything and claimed it for their own, there were no other witnesses? the galaxy was going to change with a meeting of shadow purpose. Down here? the shadows were alive... and breathing.

Scenes and Sequels...

The Movie: The Princess Bride

The Scene: "Farmboy? Fetch me that pitcher?" "As you wish."

The sequel to that scene: "You can die too for all I care!" *push* "AS YOOOOOOU WIIIIIIISSSSHHHH!!!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.