main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Mustafar to Scarif -A State of the Galaxy Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jid123Sheeve, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, nothing is stopping them from doing it right now, any limitations they are imposing are artificial.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think maybe they want to wait until Bad Batch epxplored the first and any new material can expand on it.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    But the general area we're talking of here doesn't have to have any BB connection. Especially as we've established there's shortage of other examples.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It may that they fear to have two different mediums at same time as it might be retconed, it cant cover clones or kamino, maybe not even the criminal underworld. It can cover the politics on Corucant, i don't maybe they can.

5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I find it interesting
    That canon seems to just kill/destroy PT places and races where as legends didn't. Like they fell into obscurity but they weren't all killed in legends, while canon seems to be just wiping out everyone from the PT (except for gungans).

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think as a way to awnser why we don't see these races anymore, like why don't they help palpatine with cloning or or make more ships for them even better ones. even Mandalorians were purged for not being around in the OT, helping the rebel alliance. Two big allies and enemies.

7. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Who are you thinking of, besides the Kaminoans and Geonosians? Neither of those species were ever really seen off their homeworlds anyway, so I don't think it's meant as an explanation for why we don't see them. If the Muuns and Nautolans were killed off, that's another story.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Kaminoans and genosians not being part of any war post clone wars, makes sense why not seeing themagain anymore if they are both wiped out and why mandalorians were purged.

9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    @Fredrik Vallestrand
    well they are the biggest PT races.

But I don't see why wiping them out is needed. With the Geonosians it just seemed spiteful.

It's not needed neither are big time players and since those stories around the OT are just being told now I don't see WHY we can't have stories with them. I mean Rouge Squadron 3 could do that.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    ---
    I like this answer.

Both examples serve a purpose in the story. They weren't just thrown away without thought being put into it. I prefer the story we have over preserving them for the sake of having a few background characters.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  11. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    The current one has thought in it. The other, just happened. It didn't even happen until a few years before Yavin. So the answer doesn't work.

I would rather they do stories with these new characters and species rather than being slaves to what we saw on screen in the OT.

The Bad Batch put weight into the death of Kamino, Genosis by contrast was wipped out in a comic, with Rebels implaying that it might have been to keep the DS1 secret.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Do we know when the Genosians were killed off, i think it happenned shortly after Galen Erso left. I doubt it happenned only few years before Yavin.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  13. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    We know they were all dead by the Rebel episode. It is treated like a recent thing (since one is still alive) and a mystery. We don't have a lot of hard facts with it.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    That’s a cool What If that I haven’t considered before… a scenario where Vader and Palpatine die and the Sith stay truly dead… but Tarkin is Emperor with dozens of Death Stars under his command.

Force Smuggler and AusStig like this.
  15. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    While I don't know what affect the Dozen Death Stars would have, an Empire lead by Tarkin would not look that different. Palpatine isn't making the officer corp be evil, he is allowing them to be. Palpatine created a state that allows it's military to indulge their worst elements, but they are the ones who do it, no one forces them to. The evil is there and Tarkin would encourage it as much as Palpatine did.

Riv_Shiel and Jedi Ben like this.
  16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yes but I think it would be a much different style.

17. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Would it though? The Empire doesn't really have a Sith Style. What style would it have under Tarkin it doesn't have already?

Riv_Shiel and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Uh huh yes it does the Empire is a Sith Empire

19. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    How? What makes it Sith? We don't see their iconography or philosophy.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Palpatine rules it, Vader is it's second in command it rules through fear intimidation strength power.

As far as I'm cornered the Galactic Empire is a Sith Empire

21. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Biden is a Catholic, but I wouldn't call the US a Catholic nation. And Palpatine isn't even openly a Sith.

That is a very limited criteria for judging. I think the Empire needs more Sith trappings to be a Sith Empire.

Riv_Shiel and JediFett10 like this.
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well first off i'm not gonna agree with that real world parallel since Star Wars is fiction

But regardless I guess we just have different criteria then for what a "Sith Empire" is

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well from new episode of bad batch new things are revealed that come out later in stuff in Mandalorian and the ST.

JediFett10 likes this.
  24. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    No, not really. Just one somewhat vague suggestion/implication that ties into Mando, with no clear ST connection yet.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    To mee it seems all to be lading there, cloning leads all to the ST eventually, and we know what Mandalorian teased with the ST. So there is a connection.