main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

From out of the Shadows: The OC interviews--22 July Dinn_Tsalisz

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by unfettered, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unfettered

unfettered Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2004
    Please do not request/volunteer in this thread, go to the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/16131315/?54] 'planning thread' [/link] started by Anakin_girl.

It's hoped that you'll find these as fun to read as they are undoubtedly fun to do!

First interview to follow!

2. unfettered

May 31, 2004
    Interview 1

Here?s our first victim? I mean, participant, Desimir deCrion from

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10724486] Standing on Broken Dreams-AU-Obi/Ani/OC Face inside Sequel[/link]

By obi_ew

Here are my replies to the interview. I hope I came off sounding halfway intelligent. I sent the link to my creators third story in her Redemption series which is the one where I made my appearance.

With respect,

Desimir deCrion

Standing On Broken Dreams

What is your full name?

Desimir deCrion

Who is your creator?

The very patient and talented obi_ew. The woman is a saint to put up with me.

What is your home planet?

Telos

What is your profession? Do you enjoy this profession?

Currently I am the president and CEO of Offworld. I love my job. I have the freedom of being able to leave it in the capable hands of my second in charge whenever I want to take off and know that everything will run fine. Plus it makes me a ton of money that I can use for a variety of charitable. The Jedi Order has been on the receiving end of some pretty impressive donations over the years. Best of all it allows me to live a pretty comfortable life.

What is your age?

I?m forty-three standard years of age. Luckily I inherited the deCrion genes which means I only get better looking with age.

What is your marital status? Do you have a significant other? Have you found your true love?

I found the love of my life several years ago and have only recently been successful in getting her to agree to marry me. She is an extremely funny and caring woman. The family likes to call her the always scintillating Jade Solo.

Do you have any siblings, children, or pets?

I have a half brother whom I adore. His name is Jivan deCrion and he?s a Jedi Knight. Jade and I are expecting our first child. That should be an interesting experience!

Who are your closest friends?

I consider many in the Kenobi Clan to be my friends. As much as it pains me to admit it however, Anakin Skywalker is probably my best friend. He?s not such a bad guy if you can get past his big head. We have a love/hate type of relationship.

What is your favorite food and beverage?

I love Ahrise. Anything spicy appeals to me but that is my favorite dish. Beverage wise, nothing beats a glass of Cassandran Brandy. It?s the finest in the galaxy and I?m lucky enough to be able to afford to keep my cellar well stocked with it.

What do you like to do in your free time?

To be honest I enjoy practicing my lightsabre moves. I don?t get the opportunity to use my sabre very often so every chance I get I like to make sure I don?t get too rusty. I also enjoy drawing although not many people know that about me. It?s my secret passion.

What are your political leanings?

Don?t have any. I don?t trust the majority of politicians, so I try to steer clear of Coruscant. As long as they leave my corporation alone, we?ll get along fine.

What are your goals in life?

Because of my past dabblings with the Darkside, I am very motivated to make sure I make a difference in whatever way I can. So far that has taken the form of my using my considerable wealth and resources to help the Jedi achieve success. I suppose I just want to be a person that my family can respect at the end of the day.

What kind of influence do you have over your creator? Are you the type of OC who just sits in the background and allows your creator to form the plot, or do you insist on jumping in with your two ditaris whenever possible?

{laughs} Forgive me for finding that question amusing. Anyone who knows me could tell, you that I am not the type of person to sit idly by and just let events unfold around me. I think it?s safe to say that I?ve had considerable sway over my creator and where she has taken her series. If I had left it up to her, I would have just been some crazed clone who ended up getting gutted by Skywalk

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, love - I'm learning many things about you that I didn't know before. [face_batting]

4. solojones

solojones Winner, JCC Word Whiz star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 27, 2000
    This is a really interesting thread, and I have a feeling it's going to get me interested in some stories I haven't yet had the chance to read. Ah, those deCrion's... intriguing character that o_e has created here. I really must read more about him and all the other interesting folks I've been hearing are in the Redemption series.

[hl=darkgreen]-sj loves kevin spacey[/hl]

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Des, you are so funny. Better keep that scintillating Jade in line. She's a tricky one!

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Grrr my e-mail STILL hasn't come yet for my sock.. bleh.. great interview though!! lol very interesting indeed...

7. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I?m still raking up some pretty impressive therapy bills over that entire incident.

Aw, poor Des! :p

8. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Des the secret artist, who would have guessed?

Well Des, how about gifting your family and friends (mostly the Kenobi Clan) with the fruits of your art as bithday presents or such? It's always hard to gift Jedi with something they are allowed to accept and keep.

I loved your interview.

Cheers, Vadey

9. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    I don't know Des, after that interview the Scintillating JadeSolo may have some competition. [face_batting] :*

10. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Competition? :confused: What competition? There is no competition when the always scintillating Jade is present. [face_mischief] [face_batting]

11. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Great interview. You truly have a gift for oc's o_e. ;)

12. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Des, you're hysterical! Loved the interview. :)

Shaindl

13. unfettered

May 31, 2004
    Next on our hit parade, with thanks to ophelia

Ladies, gentlemen, and small, furry creatures from Alpha Centauri, I give you Zednem Sivad, the gifted healer from anakin_girl's The Anakin Skywalker Diaries, part 4.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I am a Jedi Master and a healer in the Jedi Temple. I am originally from the planet Halbara, but I have no memory of living there. I was taken into the Temple at age six months and raised in the Creche, and then with my Master, Jianna Durgen. I came to work as a healer soon after I was knighted, at age twenty-four.

How did you come to your profession?

I have always had a passion for healing. I became interested in the practice when I was a Padawan. My Master taught me to channel the Force into injured people and make them feel better, and it was by doing this that I felt I was making a difference in the galaxy. I felt that this was my calling?so I asked for further training. I began my apprenticeship under a Master Healer, Kasa Reyalmid, immediately after my Knighting.

What's it like having the Chosen One as a patient?

Anakin? He keeps me busy, that?s for sure. He always comes down with something after a mission?I can almost set my chrono by when Master Kenobi is going to call me and tell me to come see about Anakin because he?s either stuffed up, feverish, vomiting, or all of the above. Master Kenobi blames Anakin?s poor diet. I?d love to do some research into his high midichlorian count attributing to low immunity myself. Anakin is a good patient though?a little whiny, but he?s at least cooperative.

Anakin says you're the favorite healer of all sick Jedi. To what do you attribute your popularity?

I?m very compassionate and I have a good bedside manner. I?m also a good listener, and I have a particular fondness for the Padawans?they bring a new vitality to the Order. Anakin, and many in his peer group, have dealt with quite a few healers who would tell them to behave more like Jedi?without taking into account that it?s very hard to be ?calm, and at peace? when your temperature is 102 and you can?t keep any food down. I understand that?unfortunately some in the Temple do not.

What can you tell us about Osarian flu?

That epidemic was by far the most frightening one I have dealt with in my career. We had never dealt with an attack of bioterrorism before. The symptoms mimic a very bad head cold at the end, but they start with a sudden high fever and delirium?that is the stage at which the disease can be fatal if not contained. Anakin got sick very suddenly, which isn?t unusual in and of itself, but his temperature spiked and scared Master Kenobi and Senator Amidala to death. I ran the blood tests and found out the germ was from Osarian. I knew something sinister was happening because ships from the Expansion Regions rarely entered Coruscant, and the virus itself is not only genetically engineered, but targets only humanoid males?the group comprising most of the Jedi Order and the Senate?although humanoid females can catch a milder version, as Senator Amidala did.

Complete chaos broke loose after we discovered what the disease was and where it came from. The Jedi Order is not used to dealing with chaos. At one point, 20 Jedi were admitted into the emergency ward within an hour with temperatures of 106 or greater. It took us several days to find an antidote and bring it to Coruscant, and before that happened, we had lost three Jedi?one of them, unfortunately, a childhood friend of Master Kenobi?s. Hopefully this is the end of it?they arrested the carrier of the virus, who was targeting Anakin in the hopes of spreading the disease to the Senate and the Jedi at once.

You've been Anakin's healer for a long time, since he was a little boy. Do you have any interesting memories you'd like to share?

Well, up until recently, my favorite memory happened when he was sixteen and in the bed with yet another bad cold. Evidently Senator Amidala was supposed to be on planet that d

14. Zednem_Sivad

Zednem_Sivad Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2004
    I would like to thank ophelia for taking the time to interview me. It was nice to have a visit from someone who wasn't groaning and needing medicine. :p

You can read more about me in [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/11031731/?457]The Anakin Skywalker Diaries, Part 4[/link]. I will mention that there is quite a bit of a surprise in this story involving a major character whose life I had to save. I purposely didn't mention this to ophelia. You'll have to read--and no, the character is not Anakin. I did have to mend his broken hand after he smashed a fist into the wall during that time period, however... ;)

15. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    [image=http://www.silentbard.net/legacy/gallery/actors/big/august003.jpg]

That's what Healer Sivad looks like, guys--although she is of course wearing "muggle" clothes here.

16. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    she looks kind of like Shmi.

sg

17. unfettered

May 31, 2004
    And ladies and gentlemen, here we have Kelly Ialokin Wymond, a bodyguard and Jedi in J_M_Bulldog's's story, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13989002&replies=0]The Other Half of Me[/link].

1. What is your full name?: My birth name is Ialokin Wymond. Ialokin means 'she who looks to the stars' in my people's language. Wymond means 'battle protector'. In my society any Kadloz that deals with offworlders can, if they so choose, take on or modify their birth name so others can can say it. I saw in a Alderaanian bookchip my master had that Kelly meant 'warrior/defender' I chose it because it described what I am and do.

2. Who is your creator?: J_M_Bulldog

3. What is your home planet?: Aniceteus. It means 'unconquerable' in my language.

4. What is your profession? Do you enjoy this profession? I am a student learning the art of bodyguarding. My master, Jasper Rakesh, believes in hands on training and as such we take odd jobs to guard others, both on world and off. My boyfriend, now intended, and my pet Saber work with me. I do enjoy bodyguard, at times. I get to meet interesting sentient beings that I would otherwise not. There are times I don't like it but those are few. The job we had just before meeting Master Skywalker was one were I did not like bodyguarding. The male that hired us, did his best to undermine us at every turn. When the reason we were hired was found to be because he, himself, staged the threat we left. My society hold honor paramount and that is view as the height of dishonor.

5. What is your age? Hmm, 26 standard years old. In Kadloz years I am only 25 seasons old. My planet's years are based on the revolving of the the sole moon.

6. Is Brice your true love? How did you two meet and get together? Yes, Brice is my love. We grew up together. There is only one town on Aniceteus, Sakhr. It is the capital and main seat of the planetary council and where Castle Haldor, where King Tejmar resides, is. The town is small compared with some I have seen and Brice lived in the homestead across the way from mine. We both got into and out of trouble with our teachers and parents and well, with just about everyone. We were know as the 'Wild Ones of Sakhr'. It didn't help that before the wreck my younger brother and my two other friends joined in on the trouble-causing.

7. Do you have any siblings, children, or pets?: I have one living brother, E?nad Wymond. His name means 'he who soars high'. Which considering what he wanted to do in life it fit him. He's dream was to play díegeball, a form of the main galaxy's slingball only it is played in the air with the use of small repulsor units built into a belt. A speeder wreck when I was 13 seasons old ended his dream. He was paralyzed from the waist down and left us orphans as our parents died.

I do have a pet. He is a black and gold dailachula, a domesticated predator on my planet. He goes with Brice and I on our jobs and is trained to attack on command. His name is Saber. My creator seems to like to take him when she reads different stories. I'm not sure as to why. Brice gave me Saber for my lifeday not too long ago.

8. Who are your closest friends? Brice is my closest friend. While home I do go off and do things with two other females that we grew up with. Sayen and Sanaz. They are twins, which is not a rariety on my world.

9. What is your favorite food and beverage? I love ta'sln steaks boiled in pasphire sauce with mashed tam'ter and fried semt'sie on the side. My favorite drink, hmmm. I'd have to say rekb juice. At least that is what I love to eat while home. I have found Corellian Endwa and Ruby Bliel to be very good. Um, ta'sln is like the galaxy's nerfs only very short-furred. Tam'ter is a ground vegetable with a soft, white inside and a tough black outer skin and semt'sie a bread that is fried enclosed in v'anla leaves and then cut into thin strips and placed on a plate of pasphire jelly. Rekb and pasphire are fruits that are highly desired on

18. unfettered

May 31, 2004
    I was hoping to get a better response. :(

But as promised, here's our interview with the headstrong, intelligent, and witty Ben'al Houk, from red_rose_knight's stories, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/13536434/p1]Tales of a Jedi: Volume 1--Embracing the Light[/link], [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/14491039/?150]Tales of a Jedi: Volume 2--The Birth of the Sith Killer[/link], and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11830157]Wild Knights: Grasping an Ancient Fire[/link].

1. What is your full name?

Ben?al Houk

2. Who is your creator?

Creator? You are joking right? I exist. No one created me, other than a mixing of genes between two people. Unless you are talking about that silly person that calls herself an ?author? who imagines she has some control over my life. Her name is red_rose_knight.

3. What is your home planet?

I have been told that my parents were Alderaani citizens, but the only home I have ever known is the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

4. What is your profession? Do you enjoy this profession?

I am Jedi. It is not a job, it is my life. I exist to serve the will of the Force. There is nothing else.

5. What is your age?

I am twenty-four standard years old.

6. What is your marital status? Do you have a significant other? Have you found your true love?

You ask a lot of questions. Marriage is highly frowned upon in the Order and I would never consider it. I have only myself and the Force?okay, there is a fellow padawan named Amare Kred?dha. Nothing romantic, we are just sort of friends. We have the same circle of friends. She hates me. She would like to carve her initials into me. She?s threatened to kill me, several times. Tried once. I may have deserved it. I wish she wouldn?t hold such a grudge.

7. Do you have any siblings, children, or pets?

In the apartment I share with my master, we have a dongineeli vine. It is slowly consuming the common room. Natural fibers are its favorite and it has eaten more cloaks than I have lost battling the Sith.

8. Who are your closest friends?

Easy, it?s Tirati. We?ve been friends since we were in the crèche. While I rarely admit to suffering any weaknesses, he is blunt enough to point out all of my failings and then ignore them. He understands scars better than anyone; after all, he nearly lost an eye during a mission to protect a Senator. There is also Hayna and Djaido, whom are dear to me, but they do not know me nearly as well as Tirati does.

9. What is your favorite food and beverage?

Are you going to ask for my Chi?anari Animal Spirit sign too? If you must know, it is pickled urbi fruit. Who can resist that stringing brown, spongy fruit soaked in a vinegary mixture that will snap you awake with a whiff from across the room. There is nothing better than a pile of it with a sandwich. I am not very picky when it comes to beverages. I enjoy various juices, but mostly I prefer water. Nice, clean and simple and without all though artificial flavors and colors.

10. What do you like to do in your free time?

Saber practice. You do not become one the best swordsmen in the Order wasting your free time. Of course, I do spend time with my friends, but most share my attitude and we spar often. Some form of physical training usually occupies my time. It keeps me primed for field missions. Sith are not hunted down and killed by sitting around and meditating.

11. What are your political leanings?

I am Jedi, I serve the Galactic Senate and care nothing for the subtleties of greed. I prefer to see things as black and white, good and evil, or friend and foe. There rarely is a middle ground.

12. What are your goals in life?

To rid the galaxy of the Sith.

13. What kind of influence do you have over your creator? Are you the type of OC who just sits in the background and allows your creator to form the plot, or do you insist on jumping in with

19. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Ah Ben'al! My kind of guy. :* The Jedi of your day were so much more interesting. [face_batting]

20. solojones

solojones Winner, JCC Word Whiz star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm a little confused as to what is going on now. I didn't have time today to read these interviews, but I'm looking forward to doing so tomorrow hopefully :)

[hl=darkgreen]-sj loves kevin spacey[/hl]

21. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    sj: unfettered will post an interview every few hours--between two and five a day. Once the interview is posted, you have the chance to ask the OC further questions. The OC will answer them as himself--hence the OC socks' purpose. :)

22. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Just a suggestion . . . maybe once the thread gets over two pages, perhaps linking to the pages on which each character's interview can be found could be put into the first post?

Dana

23. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Will do--one of us will work on it tomorrow. :)

24. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Uh oh, someone better pull out the spare buckets. OE's at it again...

So Ben'al, are you at all uncomfortable with having a stalker? Especially one so old as OE? :D

25. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    There's some very interesting interviews there interesting to read about other people's OCs. :) Loved Desimir. :D

Nem [face_skull]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.