main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From out of the Shadows: The OC interviews--22 July Dinn_Tsalisz

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by unfettered, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unfettered

unfettered Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2004
    And here we have an interview with a long-suffering Jedi of both the Old Republic and the "dark times", Mirel Korvis, from Kathryn's story Promise Me: A Jedi's Tale.

1. What is your full name? Do you think of yourself as Mirel, or Regan? Is it hard for you to reconcile the two identities? Do you have any regrets about changing your identity?

Mirel Korvis, but once, long ago, Regan Thanas. I think of myself of Mirel, because I was Regan for fourteen years, but I've been Mirel for thirty. Well, it wasn't hard to reconcile the two for a long time, my experience during the Purges stayed with me, as part of me, so did Regan, but in a far corner of my soul. Since Luke found me and asked me to come and train, so much has come back, and it has become more difficult to shove that period in my life aside.
    I have no regrets. I had to do it, to survive when the Empire was hunting me. And I have a wonderful family, a full life, out of it too.

2. Who is your creator? The talented Kathryn.

3. What is your home planet? You said you now live on Yavin--how does Yavin compare to your home planet?

Well, I was born on Kuat, and since I was taken into the Jedi Temple as a baby, I grew up on Coruscant. And finally came to Corellia, where Tarin was from. A couple she knew took me in, she'd prepared them for the eventuality that something would happen to her, so that I would be protected, but not only that, have parents, an older brother, a family, a home. Corellia is as opposite to Yavin as it is possible to get. It took awhile for me to adjust from living in a bustling city to living in a jungle. Quite an adjustment.

4. How does your training under Master Skywalker compare to the training you received under Tarin Dal?

Very different. Luke thinks so much differently, not ever having been familiar with the ways of the Old Order. And it feels..strange, I must admit, to see him grown, when the image of the little boy and his twin still lingers so vividly in my mind. So innocent they were..

5. What is your age? 45

6. You said Tarin Dal was taken by the Empire. Can you describe how this happened and when?

It is hard, very hard to do. But not impossible. After all, I've spoken of it to Dorsk 81, because I needed to, I needed someone's support. But I've never said a word to anyone else, even my foster parents about that day, so you must excuse me if I become emotional. It was about two years after Anakin Skywalker's fall, and the attack on the Temple, Luke and Leia were toddlers. We were on Garqi, to pick them up and make sure they arrived safely to Master Kenobi, and their new families. But we were turned in, by our host, a fellow Jedi, Ranik Solusar. He had to, I know. He was fighting on the same side as we were, really, he was giving his teenage son a chance to escape. He lost his life that day, too, for before Tarin was beaten and dragged away, they shot him point blank in the head. I?m not sure that excuses him, but then, I will always wonder if I could have done something to help her. Even if I was only just fourteen, even if there was a reason, the reason I had to flee - the twins-I can?t stop asking myself that question. I don?t really recall what came after that. Somehow in shock and in pain as I was, I managed to get Luke and Leia away from Garqi, barely. The Force was with us, in that moment at least..

7. How does it feel to know that you have safeguarded the future in safeguarding a pair of twins meant for great things?

It is a comfort to know that my Master's death had a purpose. Otherwise, it has always felt surreal, my part in it, because I was emotionally shattered, but also because it was like a hand had put us together for a brief moment, like I had really done nothing myself. And really it was nothing to take credit for. Nothing that anyone else wouldn?t have done in my palce. That reminds me that there is one gift I have received from my time here - I

2. unfettered

May 31, 2004
    And Katrael Skywalker, pilot cousin of Jaina Solo, from DantanaSkywalker's Aftershock:

1. What is your full name?

Katrael Liana ni Uiletor clanna na Skyewali, or Katrael Liana ni Skyewali. Names of children are governed by archaic patriarchal laws in my culture. I'd go into it but I'm afraid it's awfully boring. I prefer Katrael Skywalker. My nickname is Kaeta.

2. Who is your creator?

DantanaSkywalker, my "mother".

3. What is your home planet?

Gaeina. It's in the Braetin system, on the edge of the Unknown Regions, in the Expansion region, on the Fondor side of the Core. It's under Vong possession right now.

4. What is your profession? Do you enjoy this profession?

I'm a pilot. I was in training as a priestess in our religion, Fellescae, until the Yuuzhan Vong invaded Gaeina and destroyed our homes. I'm now in Twin Suns Squadron, as Twin Suns Four.

I've loved flying since I was little. My father's a pilot, and so was my grandfather, so it's not much of a surprise. I have my very own X-wing now, so that makes me very happy. And I get to fight the Vong, which makes me even happier.

5. What is your age?

I'm eighteen years old. And . . . forty days.

6. What is your marital status? Do you have a significant other? Have you found your true love?

I'm single at the moment. I had a boyfriend for a while, but we broke up. I'd like to think he's my true love, but his sense of duty might keep us apart.

7. Do you have any siblings, children, or pets?

Children? Um, the boyfriend and I didn't get THAT far! No children, but I have two younger siblings, Gylian and Amidala. Considering how old my parents are, I probably won't have any more siblings. Which is fine with me. Personally, I liked being an only child. I don't have any pets right now, since the last one died not too long before the Vong invaded.

8. Who are your closest friends?

Right now, my best friends are my cousin Jaina, her husband Kyp, and my cousin Coirreal. My best friend on Gaeina was Edrie, but she was killed in the invasion.

9. What is your favorite food and beverage?

I'm not fond of alcohol, but Kyp keeps trying to get me to try lomin ale. Jaina says it's because he has to find ways to corrupt people that don't involve the Dark Side now that he's a family man. I really hope she's joking.

I like many native Fellescae dishes. Roast meats, and spiced tubers. I also like hot chocolate.

10. What do you like to do in your free time?

I haven't had a lot of free time lately, but I like hanging out with Jaina. I also help my mother in the med centre; I have some traditional medical training, since I'm my mother's apprentice. I need some hobbies.

11. What are your political leanings?

I tend to lean more towards Kyp's approach to things. I'm definitely pro-active. Not something, I think, I got from my father. I think governments should be for the benefit of the people, not for the benefit of the officials. My Uncle Ciaran was the King of Gaeina, until he and my Aunt Una, my mother's sister, were killed. He was very much for the people. But with strict laws. We had very little crime on Gaeina.

12. What are your goals in life?

Short-term? Kill the Vong. Long-term? After getting Gaeina back from the Vong, I'm not really sure. I've always wanted to be a pilot. I never thought much beyond that. Traditional things, I guess. Home, family. I guess, when the war's over, I think about that more. Right now I just have to stay alive long enough to get to that point.

13. What kind of influence do you have over your creator? Are you the type of OC who just sits in the background and allows your creator to form the plot, or do you insist on jumping in with your two ditaris whenever possible?

Please. There's no way she controls me. I'm my own person, thank you. I give her a little leeway in things, but there are some things

3. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001

I'm not fond of alcohol, but Kyp keeps trying to get me to try lomin ale. Jaina says it's because he has to find ways to corrupt people that don't involve the Dark Side now that he's a family man. I really hope she's joking.

LOLOLOL!!! Katrael, that's simply wonderful. Probably not meant as a joke on your part, but still, I find that SO amusing.

-Saber

4. unfettered

May 31, 2004
    And now we have Biff the Bodyguard, the sweet and loyal former Jedi from As the Furniture Flies, a story written by dianethx, JadeSolo, Shaindl, and some others.

Ummmm, is this thing on? Ummm, are you sure? Well, if you are?
    My name? My name is Biff'eerthyene Errthan Klee'ze but most people just call me Biff. Well? sometimes people call me other things like bantha brains and big butt. That's not very nice so I just ign.. ingn.. I don't pay them any mind. Biff is a nice sounding name. Even Master Jane says that it is and he's my best friend. Oh? Ms. Thx says that you want to know about me and I should tell you everything you want to know. Are you sure? Okay, if you are?.

2. Who is your creator?

Ms. dianethx. She's nice but confused. She thinks that Master Jane's name is Qui-Gon Jinn but I know it's really Qui-Gon-Wrong Jane. Did you know that Ms. Thx has a crush on Master Jane? She's always following him around. I think he likes her, too. When they are together, they're always kissing and lovey-type stuff. Well, most of the time. And they send mushy letters to each other. I saw one once but they used really big words and I didn't understand most of it. But the big XXX and OOO at the end was good. Ms. Thx likes to write Master Jane a lot. Me, I like kissing better than writing but I do write poetry to my friend, Kitara. Hi Kitara! I also like kissing girls, not Master Jane, though. He's my best friend but he's a boy and I like kissing girls, instead. But I'd never kiss Ms. Thx. She's too old and I don't think Master Jane would like it much if I did, do you?

I'm not sure. I was a baby when I was brought to the Temple. They never told me what happened to my father. Or my mother, either. But I grew up on Coruscant at the Jedi Temple. I liked it there. It was very pretty and there was lots to do. Did you know that it takes 2 hours to go from one side of the Temple to the other if you walk it? Hoverchairs are faster. The kids at the Temple are always racing down the halls?. oops, I wasn't supposed to tell you that. It?s a secret. You won't tell anybody, will you? Master Yoda might get mad and you never want to make Master Yoda mad. I think he gets mad easy 'cause he's so short. But that's a secret, too. I saw him trying on high-heeled shoes once. He got real mad then and made me clean the 'freshers. Twice! You won't tell anyone, will you?

4. How do you like being a bodyguard? Does being Force-sensitive help you in this area?

Bodyguard? yes, I'm the bodyguard to Lady Shaindl, the most important, richest lady on Coruscant. She's always telling me that. She says that she's richer than the Senate, but I'm not sure that's true cause she laughs every time she says it.

She's very pretty but she's old, too. Don't tell her I said that! She's not as old as Ms. Thx, though. But she buys me nice things and lets me play with the speeders. I'm great with my hands. Lady Shaindl says so. I can rebuild a speeder in no time flat and it will speed better than when it was new. I have lots of speeders. Lady Shaindl lets me keep them in the basement. She has a huge basement full of stuff. She's really rich.

Oh, I'm also good with weapons. All kinds, not just blasters but the big stuff. Since I'm a bodyguard, I get to play with them and Lady Shaindl buys me whatever I want. She has a lot of lightsabers, too. She hangs them over her bed. I asked her once why she did that and she said it reminds her of all her Jedi lovers and then she always laughs. Can I say that? I know Lady Shaindl would be mad if I told everyone what she does with the Jedi in her bedroom.

Anyway, I can play with the lightsabers anytime she's not busy in there. I've been trained? well until I turned 13 anyway. I was hurt when I was a kid and I wasn't too smart after that. So when I got older, they said I couldn't be a Jedi Knight but something almost as good. I used to repair the f

5. unfettered

May 31, 2004
    And Eitan_Delano, a cynical and guilt-ridden Jedi Master who has been put in a difficult situation, from obi_ew's story Live What You Learn.

Jedi Master Eitan Delano

2. Who is your creator?

The diabolical obi_ew. I have serious reservations as to her state of mental health.

I was born on Corellia but grew up in the Temple so I consider Coruscant to be my home planet.

4. Do you enjoy being a Jedi Knight? How do you feel about the Code and the Council?

I can?t imagine being anything else. It?s what I?ve lived and breathed since I was very small. The Code? It has its place I suppose. I personally don?t believe the average being is capable of maintaining such high standards. As for the Council, I respect them as individuals but as a group they fall way short of my expectations.

5. What is your age?

I?m forty standard years of age but often feel centuries older.

6. You say you have gotten involved in a plot to take over the Jedi Order. Is there any particular reason you are doing this?

Is there any response I could give that would justify betraying who and what I am? But that?s not the response you are seeking, is it? Although it sounds weak in hindsight, I allowed the grief and anger I was overcome with after my mentor died in my arms to cloud my judgement. I was offered the chance to get revenge on those I felt were responsible and in a weaker moment jumped at it. Some would rejoice if they knew how deeply I am suffering because of my lack of fortitude.

7. How do you feel about Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker?

{ pained expression crosses his features} Anakin was my apprentice for a very short period of time before young Obi-Wan absconded with him. During that time however, I grew to care very deeply for the boy and his absence leaves an ache in my heart. I can only pray to the Force that he is doing well.

As for Kenobi, I admire the young man for his devotion to his beliefs. Unlike myself, he never faltered in his convictions. The cubling is to be admired for the man he grew to be.

8. Who are your closest friends?

My closest friend is dead. Next question please.

I have a fondness for Xachihix Broth. It?s a thick meat and spice stew the Wookiee?s specialize in. As far as beverages I suppose Juma juice is my favorite. I grew partial to it as a child growing up in the Temple.

10. What do you like to do in your free time?

{ smiles mockingly} You mean when I?m not leaving a trail of death and destruction in my wake? I joke. I?m an avid reader and spend a great deal of time haunting the nearby shops for ancient books. Not the impersonal datachips, but the old paper tomes. I get a sense of peace from holding something so fragile in my bare hands.

11. What are your political leanings? How do you feel about the Supreme Chancellor?

{ laughs dryly} The majority of the Senate are so focused on serving their own interests that they have lost sight of the people they were elected to serve. Although I believe the Supreme Chancellor is a good man, he has surrounded himself with a group that are easily influenced by greed and power. Time will tell whether or not the Republic can adapt and survive.

12. What are your goals in life?

To atone for my sins even if it means forfeiting my life in the process.

13. What kind of influence do you have over your creator? Are you the type of OC who just sits in the background and allows your creator to form the plot, or do you insist on jumping in with your two ditaris whenever possible?

The woman has a strange fascination with me. Truth be told she frightens me at times and I don?t frighten easily. I suppose if I wanted to, I could coerce her to do pretty much anything I desired. It may have something to do with the fact that a

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    LMAO! @ Biff!! [face_laugh]

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    OE I loved how Eiten called you diabolical. Perfect description!!! :D Good job on the interview.

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, Biff. That was...enlightening. [face_laugh] And yes, Shaindl is old, but remember Biff - it should be "Lady" Shaindl. :D

Eitan! :( :_| Tell your author to stop torturing you!

9. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Oh, Biff . . . [face_laugh] That was priceless. :D

10. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    {abruptly gets to his feet} I've had enough. It was an honor, but goodbye. - Yes, that's Eitan!

The things he said about his 'maker' weren't very nice, but that's Eitan too.

Time for obi and Ani to come back and to lessen his griev.

11. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Biff! When did I give you permission to reveal so much of your personal life? I do believe we're going to have to have a "talk"...

Great job, Diane - so glad you decided to do that. :)

Well, Eitan, what can I say? Such a great look into the man behind the mask, so to speak.

This was really a great idea, AG. Looking forward to reading more!

Shaindl

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    ROTFLOL those were great!!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great job on those! I really enjoyed them...

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    ROTFLMAO [face_laugh] Biff, oh Biff. Do I have to keep whacking you over the head with a lightsabre- When will you ever get a clue that you are just not the guy for me?

14. Biff_the_bodyguard

Biff_the_bodyguard Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2004
    Errrr.. hi Lady Shaindl. You want to talk to me??? Ummmm, I have to go rescue Master Jane right now, okay? With Kitara!!

<waves to Kitara> Hi Kitara. Did you like my poem? I know you keep hitting me with your saber but Obi-Wan says that's a sign of affec... affect... love. [face_love] And he's never wrong. He said so - so it must be true cause a Jedi Knight wouldn't ever, ever lie.

15. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Giving this thread a timely up and waiting eagerly for the next OC interview :)

16. unfettered

May 31, 2004
    With thanks to Xaara, we bring you the next interview!

In this installment, we are pleased to introduce you to Kyran Josel from

Repercussions, a Young Qui-Gon Fic by Layren!

Hello! Thank you and your creator, Layren, for granting us an interview. We are honored to be talking to a young man of your considerable experience. On to the questions:

Tell us a little bit about yourself. What's your full name? Where are you from? How old are you?

I'm relatively short -- for starters. Then again considering the friends I hang around, Devin and Qui-Gon anybody of relatively normal height is short. My full name is Kyran Josel. I don't have an embarrassing middle name unlike some around here thank the Force. My hair is a curly blond as you can see and people insist that I have blue eyes even though they're green. I'm about six years older than Qui-Gon -- so you can do the math. I'm originally a native of Alderaan.

What are some of your likes and dislikes?

Dislikes -- some of Qui-Gon's poisonous strays that he likes to bring home and hide in my apartment. I like plants if they don't attack me. Unfortunately all of his seem to hate me. He claims they?re only dangerous around me. I dislike politicians and I don?t like to fly all that much ? although I?ll tolerate it if need be. Qui-Gon is a much better pilot than I am. I failed astronavigation twice when I was a padawan.

Likes ? I like nature just not when Qui-Gon tends to bring it in my apartment. He has quarters of his own to keep his stuff in. I prefer to enjoy the outdoors in it?s natural environment?or as close as you can get to it on Coruscant. I like listening to the waterfalls in the Room of a Thousand Fountains in the Temple...it?s so peaceful and relaxing.

What sorts of activities do you enjoy in your free time?

I enjoy sketching a bit when I have some free time and music too once in awhile. I can best Qui-Gon in holochess but he always beats me at sabacc and we always play after he has a bad day with the Council--I think he gets Mace Windu to rig the deck for him before he leaves. I spar with Devin and Qui-Gon too every now and then. I usually get beaten -- but I'm quite good at hand-to-hand combat.

When and how did you first learn that you had Force talent? Did you want to be a Jedi?

I belonged to the Jedi before I could even talk. I was brought to the Temple when I was about five months old. I wanted to be a Jedi with all of my heart and soul-- it was the only way of life I knew or wanted.

Who are some of the people you consider yourself closest to, either by blood or friendship?

I'm closest to Qui-Gon Jinn and Devin Ly'rath. Not by blood of course.

You and Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn have known each other for some time. How did you originally meet?

I've known Qui-Gon since he was five years old in the crèche. I was sitting close by the river one day in the gardens minding my own business -- for a change doing my homework when I felt a little initiate climbing a tree and heard a splash. It was out of my line of sight -- I couldn't actually see him. He couldn't swim, he was too little. I pulled him to shore. A bond had formed between us instantly and despite misgivings of some on the Council it was allowed to remain intact, for which we are both very grateful.

What is your best memory of those early days with Qui-Gon?

(chuckling) That?s a difficult decision. I think one of my fondest is when he came to me?thrilled because Master Dooku had chosen him as a padawan. He was ten at the time. He looked so odd with his padawan haircut and short braid. Tahl nicknamed him Braid Boy when he finally earned it.

Recently, you had an experience in which your padawan was kidnapped while under the care of Qui-Gon. Though this almost ended any remnants of your friendship with him, you forgave him for his inability to protect your padawan. What was it about him that made y

17. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    That was soo neat!! Loved this though... that story is so heart wrenching at times.

It wasn?t that he was unable to protect her that made me upset, but rather he forced himself into a situation where at the time I thought it wasn?t needed. Qui-Gon will go to great lengths including sacrificing himself if he thinks the situation warrants, to do what he thinks is right. If he makes a mistake he?ll do whatever he can to put it right. I realized later that I did need his help. He provided valuable assistance to me in rescuing my apprentice when he created that distraction. He was trying to offer me the same kind of protection and friendship that I had so often given him. His determination and willingness to help no matter what the cost to himself makes him a true friend. He?s not the type to only be your friend just when the situation is perfect.

Though I still admit... the height one still tops the list of funnies for me!! And to top it off he landed on his Master besides just breaking the window to the Council Room!!! hehehehehe

18. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    He sounds very interesting. Poor guy must be a saint to put up with Jinn. :p

19. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Humph, ungrateful Jedi. There have been more than one person helping you out, Kyran. Never forget the little people... [face_shame_on_you]

Otherwise, very nice. lol

20. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    [face_laugh]

I love reading these...really gives you perspective on characters! :D

21. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Go Kyran! :D

Mace is afraid of heights hmmm? I'll listen to the recordings. ;)

22. Kyran_Josel

Kyran_Josel Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2004
    My special thanks to everyone who has responded thus far.

My humblest apologies for leaving out some important people in the interview on who to thank for my creation. Qui-Gon was distracting me with some new poisonous plant. I have the bites to prove it. My thanks also go to Durhelediel and Greencat336 for prodding my creator to flesh me out even more by lending their own creativity.

23. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm getting a lot of queries from people trying to register socks for this and not getting their confirmations, so I'm going to post my standard response here:

1) Delete all your cookies (sometimes that helps when you're having log-in problems)

2) Check your firewalls and spam filters, particularly if you have a hotmail account. For some reason, folks with hotmail have been having problems getting confirmations. You may have to disable firewalls.

3) Check Comms. There were some odd glitches with the boards this last month (some of you may have encountered them) and they may be cropping up again.

If all of the above fail, you'll have to contact an admin, who can check into it, since I have limited ability to trouble-shoot at that level.

Okay. Hope this is a help to some folks and that the rest of you don't have any problems at all!

24. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Kyran was a joy to interview - he was very honest with his responses. I loved finding out about his past as well as exploring his current situation and his possible future.

I wish him and his creator the best of luck! :)

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Xaara,

I'm glad you enjoyed interviewing him. That's one of his traits, his honesty. He can be honest to a fault sometimes and it gets him in trouble occasionally :) Thanks so much for interviewing him! He's enjoyed his fame... hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.