main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends From Padawan to doctor Kessel Run Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 10, 2022.

1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    First, I just want to say I hope all is good after the storms, and I hope the cleanup isn't too hard!

Onto the fic - I love the concept of Tarko thinking about sand and his experiences and memories with it.

So beautiful. [face_love]

Oh, this is so sad, but it makes such a powerful and vivid image.

And a great line to wrap it all up!

Another wonderful, creative entry! Awesome work. =D=

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  2. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Very nice. This is almost a full biography of a person in one short piece. Amazing how often sand is a part of this character's life. I also like your description of the feel of sand in various places -- I think sometimes we forget the sense of touch, because we put such an emphasis on sight, and, to a lesser extent, hearing.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    All is good here in the Netherlands and the beaches are being readied for the tourists.
    Sand plays a large role here.
    Thank you. I tried to reflect on important events.

Part 8. Following in his grandfathers footsteps. Write a story of at least 400 words from the POV of a character you hate/dislike and make them sympathetic.

This one was inspired by seeing 'The godfather I, II and III again and featuring my criminal family Slojuk. They appeared in my stories 'Kerebuy Hawk down' and 'diary of an investigator' where they got what they deserved.

8. Following in his grandfathers footsteps. (44 ABY)

Ira Slojuk sighed, wiping his wrinkled hands across his wrinkled face, thinking about his past when he was shifting through his papers. 'Dad, you and your syndicate. Serenno had been the start of the Slojuk enterprise. My uncle Vlada had convinced dad that Coruscant was the place to be and expand their business. They had moved and their enterprise on Coruscant had become a rival to Black Sun. After I lost my mother during a drive-by shoot-out, dad hired more security guards and made sure that uncle Vlada joined Black Sun, forging a formidable crime syndicate thus protecting us. Black Sun ordered our family to go to Corellia to set up a smuggling enterprise in Coronet city. I learned all about hiding valuables in merchandise. I fell in love with Neria, the daughter of Garth Sinin, a powerfull boss on Treasure Ship Row. I married her. The beginning of the clone-war had dad declaring his alegiance to the trade federation. Neria didn't like that at all with her father being a supporter of the republic. But I had to follow dad's orders. He sent us with a luxury corvette on an errand to transport decommissioned trade federation battle droids back to Genonis when a Jedi-cruiser had our pilot Jeb Bel Hana planning a random jump ending near the Moniron nebula.' A sigh. “The nebula wreaked havoc with my corvette, making it impossible to go anywhere. Bel Hana had to pay his debt to me.”

“And when he failed I executed him and his wife using my new Blastech particle gun.”

Ira looked up. There was his son, a wicked smile on his face, his only child, his heir, the one who had come with the plans to use plastbins to transport the oil and illegal stuff after hearing about the enterprise of his grandfather. “Always the impatient son. You could have waited but no.” He shook his head. He had raised a son too eager to do and don't think twice before doing. He had once referred to the thriving enterprise on Corellia and Coruscant, seeing the greed on his son's face. “Noranan had me starting the oil business, becoming a valued member of the society.”

“Dad you did your work in Noranan. Doctor Sanek trying to save mom...”

“Or was it Shellan? I remember seeing two identical doctors when I brought my beloved to the hospital. They did all to save her but lost her. They were not to blame.”

“No?”

“No.” Ira remembered the caring, the gentle touch, guiding him and seeing the joy of playing children in a garden of the hospital. “And I gave those toys to the children when the hospital had that celebration.” A smile passed on his face, seeing the smiles on childrens faces for precious moments forgetting that they were in a hospital.

“Sanek was a former Jedi-knight dad but he had a twin brother living on Moniron, joined him and used his real surname after the birth of his daughter. He told me all about that when he was treating me.”

Ira saw the bacta-patches on his son's arm. “You were being careless when you moved that large plastbin without asking for help from Melikas.”

“Yeah but Warren and Padoffi were busy with my battle-droid and our new pilot Jono Bekana is confined to the corvette.”

Ira remembered meeting the pilot, making admiring comments on his corvette and telling him that he was a Corellian. 'I hired him immediately but my son had shown his distrust, giving the pilot a comlink that confined him to the corvette.' “I know and the repairs of our corvette are complete. We travelled to Haradan without trouble to deliver those jewels in that plastbin to our valued customer. And we had fun during the prestige shooting contest. Vicky Padoffi won.” That came with a smile. His son had been the one to hire Padoffi after meeting her at a shooting contest.

“Yeah and I lost.” Amos snorted. “I have been to hangar 57 to see our plastbins stored and ready for transport by Wismer. And the truck is ready.”

“The truck.” Ira wiped his hands through his hair. “Your plans. I hope it doesn't end like that DB wood and Jadaki plastworks disaster. A doctor could rescue children and got injured. Investigations by the fire-department and the testimony of the doctor led to Direux and Bargony and their plan to demolish the factory. They are doing their sentence; cleaning the streets in Avana.”

“Wismer's hangar will be destroyed and if the investigations lead to her, she will order her lawyer and that will be her demise. She will die of an unexplained heart-attack thanks to our nano-droids. Vicky has been busy and her fiancée Melikas too.”

“You and your scheming.” Ira sighed. His son was eager to leave Moniron, too eager. And that plan? He had his doubts. But leaving this backwater planet, unknown to the galaxy, was a good idea. And for that he had his luxury corvette. 'Dad never got it back after I landed here.'

Kahara and amidalachick like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    9 Daddy day (53 ABY)

For my daddy Tarko Shellan

You told me stories about the Jedi old and new
    You told me about the horrible war, orchestrated by a Sith and knew
    You had to hide on a planet protected by the Sheir-Irel
    You saw the Sheir-Irel

Luminous beings, brothers all, sisters all
    United in the eternity, the Force for all
    You got a call that led to your brother
    You were united with him, and your father and mother

Your brother took you on a ride
    Husans, you knew how to ride
    I know where they belong
    Your love for the husans let me include this old song

Husans ferionak

Aen enwa dan Moniron verediron
    IIK drav ferion
    Itnee waia ak
    IIK emala er wa serya gha ferionak

Itnee enna aka gwalion
    IIK sa itnee ferion
    Itnee ewa adan, renne ferion
    Aaia er rande lalee
    eme wa er lale itnee
    IIK vool ferion e veila ere itnee

Itnee eme la arova
    Itnee eme la gha
    Itnee eme la gwalion
    aarani la gwalion

Kara Shellan

Kara, Thank you for this gift. I know. It is the song of freedom and here is the translation in basic

Husan's Freedom

For milleniums in the Moniron wildness
    I ran freely
    You saw me
    I was the shining star of freedom

You became my friend
    I set you free
    You on my back, roaming free
    Today the greatest pleasure
    is to please you
    I feel free and secure with you

You are my companion
    You are my joy
    You are my friend
    Forever my friend

Tarko

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    amidalachick, Seldes_Katne and Kahara like this.
  5. Seldes_Katne

Mar 18, 2002
    Bilingual works are fascinating -- they offer a glimpse into another culture or mindset, and this one is lovely.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I created an entire species with language and have fun writing them and thank you for your kind reply

Part 10 is fun
    Write a story between 100 and 400 words, and include these three words: galvanize, cavalier, adversary

Water fight (130 ABY)

“You will have a water fight.” were Mick Kerebuy's words when he asked Tarko and his twin brother Rihan to go to the decon-procedure in Noranan Central.

After the visit to the shower they had heard the noise coming from the main decon-room. Fire-fighters were having fun with squeeze-bottles and sponges.

“That went without trouble.” Tarko was doffing his orange decon-suit and revealing his green scrubs in the changing room. “Kaagi and Soron are already on their way back for a well deserved rest after the draxin-collecting.”

“No contaminations and no dehydrated guys.” Rihan had his decon-suit open.

“Dehydration is easy to treat.” Tarko had the decon-suit down to the attached boots and stepped out of them. “But contamination with draxin would have galvanised us into action.”

“Galvanize yes with Midillamin medicines or worse with the entire treatment after calling for a medevac.” Rihan sat down on the bench, removed his decon-suit. He donned his shoes and saw his brother getting ready. “Ready to join the fun?”

“Sure.” Tarko stood up. He opened the door and dove down to the floor, barely avoiding a projectile sponge and picking that up. He inspected it and began to grin mischievous, recognising the shape. “Cavalier Keranan's husan is stampeding.”

“Lionel sure is among our adversaries.” Rihan joined his brother, coming with sponges found in the changing room.”

“With Arvedai, Harnin, Ethir and oh my officers Engaron and Magaron as our main adversary.”

“Special ops, what are they doing here?” Rihan let go of his sponge-ammo and put his hands up.

“Unconditional surrender?” Tarhin came forward with Steve and Ivano.

“Yes.” Tarko stood up, his green scrubs dark with wet stains.

“Yes and we want to know why you are here.” Rihan had his hands going down.

“I heard the laughter when I got my message from Booster Horn about Darth Krayt and his adversary Cade Skywalker and friends.” Steve Magaron put down his squeeze bottle. “I met Tarhin and...”

“We wanted to have some fun too.” Tarhin added.

“Moniron is protected by the Sheir-Irel.” Tarko was again on the floor, picking up the squeeze bottle and directing a squirt of water towards all.

It galvanized all into action with a second water-fight.

Kahara and amidalachick like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It's monday and week 12 here in the Netherlands.

The last story in the Kessel run challenge describes memories from Tarko and Rihan when they are ready to go to a celebration. The framing story is 'Julia' written for the OC-challenge; music makes my heart sing.

Water 143 ABY
    Five times Tarko wetted Rihan first and one time Tarko did get wet first.
    Five times Tarko really didn't need Rihan's help and one time Tarko did.

1 of 5. Water fun (6 ABY)

Tarko had met his twin-brother Rihan and his parents yesterday. A very happy evening with him telling all about his adventures with the Jedi had followed but today he had to help his brother and his friend Leslie Tualan in the OT to keep another friend unaware of the procedure to donate stem-cells.

“This way.”

Tarko looked left to see his brother coming from the guestroom and pointing towards the surgery-wing. “I will follow you and I know how it works. Cedrick told me yesterday that the equipment is the same as used by me in Ingal.”

“We will see my little brother.”

“Little? I am not...”

“You were born after me.”

“Yes and seen as a bad omen I was taken away and saved from a horrible fate by a kind nurse who took me to an orphanage.”

“Where you were found by the Jedi and taken to their home. Here we are; the scrub-room.”

Tarko followed his brother and headed to a row with identical doors. He tried to open a door.

“You have to enter a code for your changing cubicle. The general code is 2222 and after that you have to change it into a personal one and can use it for one procedure.”

“Got it.” Tarko opened one door and entered. It was a changing room with shower and a clearplast satchel with scrubs. No problem for him or his brother. And only some amused laughs from nurses when they had to help two identical looking doctors with their clearplast facemasks and blue gloves. No problem in the OT at all where his friend Leod Irwihan was the man to donate his stem-cells. He helped Marille Er-Denal and Cedrick Arovan and was the first to leave. 'No help needed big brother.' Returning to the scrub-room after the procedure started the fun when he found a squeeze-bottle. He changed into his clothes, waited for his brother and used what he had learned during his training at special ops.

“Tarko where are you?”

“Here.” Tarko used the squeeze-bottle and got his brother totally wet before he was grabbed by the third man to enter the scrubroom.

“Marille, thank you and now some washing of the little one.”

“Litt.” Tarko sputtered when he was held face down under the faucet for a moment.

“Now you are a member of our team.” Marille released Tarko.

“And my big brother?” Tarko shook his head, water flying everywhere.

“You did the favour to him. Welcome to your new job in Noranan general hospital, doctor Shellan and doctor Sanek. And if you want to live near the beach and on walking distance from your work, there are several cottages for sale on Beachroad. I can show you in my office.”

2 of 5. Water and sand fun (6 ABY)

Marille's help had been very valuable. The cottages on Beachroad were cheap and in need of repair. Parents had helped with the credits. Tarko was now the owner of Beachroad 7 and Rihan was with number 6 his neighbour. A creek – flowing from the mountains and lakes towards the ocean – was between the two properties.

Tarko didn't need the help from his brother to get things. Tools were the same everywhere and he had learned how to use them being the padawan of engineers.

Repairing, cleaning had been going on for a month during the off-duty hours with bedrooms the first being ready. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were done in the restaurant of the hospital. The beautiful environment had to be explored yet.

And that was today.

Tarko saw his brother leaving, wandering towards the path leading to the beach. And he remembered something from long ago. His special forces training on Anaxes with instructor Kraytdragon. He smiled. Hiding in the Force – becoming a ghost – was natural to him. He saw Rihan standing near the surf. A jump and Rihan landed in the surf, sputtering and grumbling.

“What's this? Aw no Tarko.”

“Just getting you wet and sandy.” Tarko pulled Rihan upright and dropped him in the wet sand.

More fun followed and the two brothers returned to their cottages looking like sugarcookies.

3 of 5. Water and husan fun (6 ABY)

“I have a nice plan for today. Follow me Tarko. We are going for a ride on a husan at Dan Menanzin's stable. Get some old clothes. Husans are smelly and you might get wet when we are riding on the beach.”

Tarko went back into his cottage. Old clothes were easy to find and he had a smile on his face when he remembered the fun from days ago. His brother and him were sugarcookies when they returned to their cottages.

After arriving at South Beachroad 8 and introducing his brother to Dan Menanzin and his husans Rihan had taken one from the meadow and brought him and another to the gate.

Dan had an amused smile on his face when he saw Rihan reaching for a saddle.

“No need for that.” Tarko placed his hands on the broad back of the husan stallion, hopped once and was on the back taking the manes.

Rihan asked “you know how to ride?”

“I do. I don't need your help. We had a little husan in the Jedi-temple.” Tarko saw his brother mounting the mare and began to urge his mount towards the trail.

“Have fun you two. And beware; Arina likes to roll in the sand and water.”

“Aw no.” Rihan hurried after his brother cantering down the trail towards the beach with a naughty smile on his face.

- - -

Wet, Rihan was wet. As predicted Arina had dropped him in the surf before she started to roll.

The mare was now standing and shaking her body to get rid of the sand.

“Wet again my big brother.” Tarko was sitting on his stallion.

“You too.” Rihan grabbed his brother's left leg and pulled him in the surf.

A water fight followed.

The husans got their bath too.

Dripping wet and coated with sand the riders arrived back at the stable where Dan gave them tufts of hay to clean the husans.

Dan knew when he saw the brothers leaving and talking about doing this again. Rides were fun and water was enjoyed by his husans.

4 of 5. Water oops (38 ABY)

Tarko and Rihan were liked in Noranan. Their work as surgeons and anaesthetists in Noranan general hospital kept them busy. Both were bachelors and being Dunai elder they hadn't met their partners yet. Visits to their parents in Rondor had been frequent.

Rihan had kept in touch with Karlo Raamar, his former teacher at the Rondor university. Yesterday he had received an invitation for a congress at the university and had urged his brother to come too.

“We are here Tarko.” Rihan guided the rented ground-speeder to a stop in the parking of the university. “You will meet my teacher. Just follow me. I know the way to the auditorium.”

“Lead the way brother.” Tarko followed his brother and was entering the auditorium when he saw two identical looking girls sitting in the front-row. And he felt something and saw the same look on his brother's face. Was it love at first sight? Sure. He took a place on the second row next to his brother behind those girls.

More beings – mostly humanoid – entered their row on both sides taking places and whispering about the coming lecture until a man entered the stage.

Tarko had been silent but now he saw two faces turning.

“Hey I am Kaia Raamar.”

“I am Jasyna Raamar.”

“I am Rihan Shellan.”

“I am Tarko Sanek and...”

“Silence, you there on the second row. And here is our revered professor Karlo Raamar.”

“Our uncle.” Jasyna whispered before turning her head. “We will see you after the lecture.”

“In the restaurant.” With that Kaia turned and listened. But attention? Her thoughts were constantly on the nice looking Tarko. And from the looks on her sister's face; the same on the identical Rihan. It was love at first sight. As a Dunai elder she knew. The two were twins and Dunai elder despite their different surnames.

- - -

The lecture had ended and the aditorium was emptying.

Jasyna turned for a moment, giving a wink with her left eye and left with her sister Kaia.

But Tarko and Rihan couldn't leave yet. Beings on both sides were still sitting and in whispered conversations with their neighbors.

Tarko saw his brother moving his hands, hopping on his seat and trying to stand up. “Stop fidgetting Rihan. They will wait for us. We are the ones for them.”

“Says the former Jedi-knight.” Rihan stopped his hopping for a moment. “A question. Does that Jedi-rule of no attachment still apply?” A naughty smile, more fidgetting with his hands. “No don't answer. I know. New Jedi-rules. Luke Skywalker is the head of the new Jedi-order and married to Mara and has a son Ben. And there are...”

“Rihan. Just do this.” Tarko stood up and took a jump over the first row.

“Ah easy. No Jedi-training needed. And you don't need my help at all. No Jedi rules.” Rihan followed his brother.

Coming to the counter with refreshments Tarko took a glass of water when he saw Kaia and her sister Jasyna headed to that counter. He turned and with his hand swinging the glass toppled and emptied on his brother's shirt.

“Tarko!” Rihan took a glass and emptied that on his brother's head.

“Two wet tooka pups. I will take this one. He is adorably and cute with his wet hair.” Jasyna ruffled Rihan's hair.

“And I like to know why you have a different surname.” Kaia took Tarko's right hand in hers.

Tarko began to tell about his upbringing by the Jedi.

5 of 5. Water target (38 ABY)

Meeting Kaia had led to a Dunai elder bonding for Tarko and the same was for his brother Rihan and Jasyna. But an official had to sign the documents and that led to marriage planning and the inevitable bachelor party.

Knowing about the scrubroom fun after a procedure Marille had planned the party for the boys with his brother Jaril. They had visited a toy-shop and came with the toys inspired by the new Steelman show.

“There they are.” Marille saw the two brothers wearing a blindfold being led by their fellow conspirators into the large swimming-pool area of the hospital.

“I know about Rihan using these waterguns to surprise his young patients when they meet him again.” Jaril indicated one of the new toys. “He has given one to a young Steelman fan after the procedure. But Tarko? I think he will need the help of his brother.”

“We will see.” Marille gave a sign.

“Tarko needing help? Nah.” Jadin Finn snickered softly. He was in the swimming-pool with Beran Daranon and Skon Peverin. The three were waiting for the inevitable. All would join them in the pool.

“Yes we know more. Going on special ops training when he was a padawan. His experiences as a Jedi-general during the wars.” Skon – bobbing next to Beran and Jadin – grinned. “Waterguns are the same, everywhere.”

Blindfolds were removed by Jago Amaral and Kerlan Gulnare.

“Yes.” Rihan was the first to grab a watergun.

Tarko got one. “I know how this works.” He squeezed the trigger and scored a direct hit on Rihan. And jumping to make a bomb he felt the hit from his brother on his back before he was splashing in the pool and scoring another hit at Jadin Finn.

“See he knows.” Jadin swam to the edge and used the Force to get another gun.

The fight was on.

+ 1. Water to clean (43 ABY)

Tarko walked to his red racing speeder in the garage. He needed it today. Kaia had been unusually restless when waking up and had told him that their baby-daughter was due to arrive. He had bought the ground-speeder two years ago from Parls parts and he remembered his brother saying that it was a disaster on wheels. Yes it was but it was with the red color and the flashing red and white design, the broad black tyres and the big powerful engine a beauty to behold. He had various spare parts in his garage, needing them often, managing once to drive to his work and needing no repairs. Jeruan Mouraha had offered him to buy his old speeder, a reliable one but with a dull grey color.

He sat down behind the controls and tried to start the engine. The power-distributor gave a short screeching sound. A wisp of smoke appeared from the vents in the hood.

“Not again.” Tarko jumped outside and grabbed a fire-extinguisher, opened the hood and sprayed on the offending part. “Now I have to get that replaced. But no worry. I have a spare.”

Spanners and a big hammer became his tools and he was soon busy to remove the burned power-distributor.

A cry from Kara.

“Ow.” Distracted by that cry a hammer fell from Tarko's hand and landed on his left foot. Now he needed the help from his brother. No red racing speeder for Kaia and him.

“Tarko.”

He saw his brother rushing inside.

“Come brother. My speeder is ready and Kaia and you can come with us.”

“Oww. Tarko leaned on Rihan. “I think my left foot has some broken bones, uh correction five broken bones.”

- - -

“Jadin can help you,” Rihan smiled. “You don’t need your feet to help Kaia with the delivery.”

“Uh no,” Tarko leaned heavy on his brother’s shoulder and hopped outside to the waiting speeder where Jasyna was helping Kaia to get in the backseat.

“Get that speed-loving brother of yours in the front,” Kaia urged “I will order a second stroller for him.”

“A red,” Tarko began when he was helped by his brother in the front-seat. His foot was throbbing with pain.

“No a pink one,” Kaia grinned “and being large it will replace that wreck in the garage.”

“Aww I can fix the speeder,” Tarko muttered and gave a painful gasp when his left foot came in contact with the middle console. The shoe he was wearing became rather uncomfortable but he knew that it held together the broken bones.

“You have been doing that for the past two years since you got it from Parls Parts,” Rihan stated “your speeder is a disaster on wheels and has made the trip to the hospital only once remaining in one piece. Accept Jeruan Mouraha’s offer. His speeder is…”

“Large enough for the three of us,” Kaia concluded.

“And our speeder is not a six-seat,” Jasyna gave a knowing look to her sister.

“Alright,” Tarko sighed “and it is covered Rihan.” He began to smile when the first drops of rain began to spatter on his head. “You should get the roof closed.”

“But I like to drive with the wind playing in my hair.” Rihan got behind the controls.

“Not this,” Jasyna grumbled. “Close the roof and get going.”

- - -

Helped by his brother Tarko entered the ER-room where he saw two doctors. One was Nala Tawtee, an internist and familiar, the other – Tarmenel Eled-Hir – he had met only a few days ago when his brother and he had been involved in a big incident dealing with draxin contamination during the rescue of Aaqu Maerhin and Marhin Adin in the valley of the darrin.

“Tarko and Rihan,” Nala Tawtee saw the twins headed to an examination table. “What happened?”

“A distraction and a nice one for Kaia but not for me,” Tarko sat down and grimaced when his brother helped him with his leg.

“I will see you in the delivery-room,” Kaia – carrying her bag – patted him on his shoulder and followed her twin-sister Jasyna.

Tarmenel Eled-Hir observed the left foot from Tarko using his Force powers only. “Something managed to break five bones in your foot.”

“My conclusion too and that something was my hammer slipping from my hand when Kaia had her first contraction. A temporary splint doctor Eled-Hir?”

“That and something to dull the pain,” Tarmenel nodded “no distractions for you when you are helping your wife.” He began to cut away the shoe.

Rihan was rummaging in one of the cabinets and produced an orange vacuum splint.

“A Beesie-splint,” Nala roared with laughter. She was readying syringes and getting vials to test for dead midichlorians.

“What’s a Beesie?” Tarmenel peeled away the sock to reveal ugly discoloured skin.

“He will get one and he will certainly be very attractive to a young girl,” Nala had the tourniquet around Tarko’s right arm and drew blood without Tarko noticing that.

Tarko was eyeing the splint that was wrapped around his left leg encasing it from knee to toe. ‘Beesie’ didn’t register either. The icky splint was getting his full attention when it was deflated and formed a rigid prison for his leg.

“Sorry brother,” Rihan said “lower-leg splints come in one size.”

“No distraction,” Tarko muttered. “The thingy is a – ow – distraction.”

“That was the pain-med,” Nala withdrew the needle “and it will dull that feeling of your distraction. Your arm Rihan, you’re next for my midis test.” She turned to the brother.

Rihan had his blood taken and waited with Tarko and Tarmenel for Nala to return.

Both brothers felt in the bonds with their wives that the babies were not that much in a hurry.

- - -

No, the babies hadn’t been in a hurry. A pleasant afternoon and evening had followed for the mothers and fathers. Contractions came without pain. Medicines and the soothing powers of the Dunai elder helped. But fourteen hours after the first contraction had signalled their coming they were giving work for their mothers.

Tarko – still able to ignore his foot because of his pain-meds – saw the forces of nature at work when he supported his wife. She was still feeling no pain due to the pain-meds and his support. A half hour ago Jasaran had given the signal that Kaia could begin to push.

For Jasyna it was the same. Nurse Kara Deyman was helping her and Rihan with the latter being the leading healer.

Dunja Vinyari was giving general assistance. She had been a mid-wife 200 years before the hospital was built and had taken the offer from the director Koranar Er-Quin to join the staff.

Rihan grinned when he saw the intense concentration on his brother’s face.

Tarko had his distraction being the full support for Kaia and keeping her in sync with her sister. Twins but with him as a trained Jedi-knight he made the difference.

Kaia and Jasyna were pushing in unison.

Two heads appeared.

Two final pushes.

Rihan caught his child.

Jasaran caught the other child.

“A girl,” Rihan smiled when he laid the baby on his wife’s belly.

“A girl,” Jasaran smiled when he gave the baby to Tarko who laid her on his wife’s belly.

A cry.

A cry.

Dunja and Jasaran helped to sever the umbilical cords.

“Jana,” Jasyna stroked very softly the wet baby.

“Jana,” Rihan whispered, enthralled by the perfect beautiful girl.

“Kara,” Kaia had her hand on the forehead of the baby and saw nurse Deyman nodding with delight. Her name had been the inspiration to give a name to the girl.

“Kara Shellan,” Tarko turned towards his smiling brother “yes from this day I will be Tarko Shellan to keep the confusion for my daughter at a minimum.”

“A minimum,” Rihan grinned “no brother, there will be folks thinking that Kara and Jana are twins.”

“But no difficult explaining to do about the past,” Tarko stroked through his sweaty hair “and we are of one blood and mind.”

“Brother,” Rihan accepted a towel from the broadly smiling nurse, wrapped Kara in it and placed the baby in Tarko’s lap. “Let’s get them clean and comfortable.” He took another towel and went with his daughter in his arms to a changing room.

Kara Deyman followed with Tarko in his wheelchair and filled two basins with water in the changing room.

Tarko gave his daughter to Kara. In his wheelchair he couldn't help washing her.

Rihan could wash his daughter and was having fun with the moving arms and legs, spraying water all over the basin, table and towards his brother.

“Hey careful. I am getting wet.” Tarko saw something to retalliate and wheeled to the cabinet where he took a squeeze bottle. He directed that to the broad back of his brother and sqeezed.

“Now you are the second.” Rihan had a cup with suds taken from the basin and poured that over Tarko's head.

“Guys, stop that. Rihan get your daughter dressed and let's get the girls to their mothers.” Kara placed a clean and comfortable clothed daughter in Tarko's lap and waited for Rihan to finish.

Kahara, amidalachick and Seldes_Katne like this.
  8. Seldes_Katne

Mar 18, 2002
    Water as a common theme was a great way to end this Challenge. I like the fact that all of your vignettes were positive experiences -- water for cleansing, time spent at the beach (our friend Sand has reappeared, I see :) ), even a friendly water gun fight. Water can be a supportive element, and certainly something we all need.

It's been a pleasure reading your work. =D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And yours.
    I love to write positive experiences. People escaping the mayhem of the war and the ruling Sith, Being protected and being able to have their lives.

Kahara and Seldes_Katne like this.
  10. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Rather late to the party here, but I'm finally all caught up! These are all wonderfully creative entries and I enjoyed seeing your OCs have all these great adventures.

I really loved "Husan's Freedom" in Week 9. It's beautiful poetry.

"Water Fight" in Week 10 is so fun!

And a wonderful job on your final 5+1 fic! Loved seeing the brothers and their families and adventures through the years.

I especially loved this section! The husans and the beach and just having fun. [face_love]

I loved this entire section, too. A perfect way to end this fic and the challenge! [face_love]

Wonderful work, again, and congratulations on finishing the Kessel Run! =D=[:D]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006